problems with toolbar-can't access certan commands i.e.hyperlink

can't access some commands - was working fine - now some commands are in grey
- the commands disappeared from the pull down in the commands bar.
Help
0
magnus (11)

magnus wrote:
> can't access some commands - was working fine - now some commands are in grey
> - the commands disappeared from the pull down in the commands bar.

The hyperlink option may only appear when you are creating a Web
Publication in certain versions of Publisher.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org

Some pulldowns only work when you are creating a web page. Some commands only
work when you have an object selected.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"magnus" <magnus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> can't access some commands - was working fine - now some commands are in grey
> - the commands disappeared from the pull down in the commands bar.
> Help

0
mary-sauer (6480)
9/24/2006 3:09:26 PM
It was working fine before - it is not the only command not working
how do I restore the toolbar to work as before

"Ed Bennett" wrote:

> magnus wrote:
> > can't access some commands - was working fine - now some commands are in grey
> > - the commands disappeared from the pull down in the commands bar.
>
> The hyperlink option may only appear when you are creating a Web
> Publication in certain versions of Publisher.
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> http://ed.mvps.org

0
magnus (11)

How can I run program (e.g. copy.bat) from Excel makro ?
How can I run program (e.g. copy.bat) from Excel makro ? huga@freemail.sk wrote in news:a9057dea.0401140218.6f285bf0 @posting.google.com: > How can I run program (e.g. copy.bat) from Excel makro ? > Look up the documentation of the "Shell" command in the macro editor. -- My email address has an extra @ (spell it out) and an extra invalid. Please remove them if you are not a spammer or list broker and want to reply. ...

Problem with rules
I had this problem in XP and now I'm having it in 2003 as well. I have rules set up for keywords to be searched on - they are looking for junk mail. Sometimes when the rules run (and it's not every time) I get an error that reads "You don't have appropriate permission to perform this operation." I've deleted them and set them up again. They run fine for awhile but then it starts all over again. Any thoughts on what's happening and how to fix it... Denise ...

Problem with old saved Money-File
Some years ago, the currency changed from local "Austrian Shillings" to Euro. From this time on, I worked in an new money-database with euros. The old one, i saved for possible purpose, when a look back to a transfer is necessary. Now there is a case to look at an old booking before 2001. I tried to open the old file (all money-databases have a password (the same!). The old databas (MY database) does not recognize the password - so I cannot open the transfers before the year 2001. I'm hesitatd about that, knowing, that it must be the password I took to open. Any...

Outlook 2003 "Inbox" problems
My new e-mails are coming to my "Unread Mail" instead of in my "Inbox". How can I correct this problem? Unread Mail is just a search folder, not a real folder. If you're not seeing those messages in your Inbox then either you have some kind of view/filter applied that is hiding those new messages from view in the Inbox or you've got a rule that is automatically moving the messages to some other subfolder. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm Author: The L...

Transpose Rows to Columns in Access Query
Hello, I am trying to transpose multiple columns into a specified column as shown below. What it looks like: 1(Q1_A_1) 1(Q1_1-2) 1(Q1_A_3) 1(Q1_B_1) 1(Q1_B_2) 1(Q1_B_3) Low High - 1 Yr. Now 2 Yrs. What it needs to look like: Risk Readiness Low 1 Yr. High Now - 2 Yrs. I am hoping there is a simple expression that I can type in the 'field' row of the query where I can just call out the fields I want to inlcude in that one column on seperate rows. Also I am dealing with over 100 fields. Thank...

ms office problem
hi i downloaded a copy of ms office from ms but i had some other problems with my pc so i done a fresh install of vista and ms office is no longer there how do i go about getting it back or would i have to buy it again or is there some way ms knows that i downloaded it can i download again also i dont have any activation code can somone help me out please If you didn't save the download and the activation code, that was quite foolish of you, wasn't it? Contact wherever you purchased it from with complete proof of purchase, and see what happens. If not, pull out your ch...

Time Card problems in Business Portal 4
We are using Business Portal 4 for GP 10. We are trying to start using the Time Card Entry. When an employee enters a time card for themself and submits it, it automatically changes the status of the time card to "terminated". Also, when an employee submits a time card for someone else, an error is given: "HrmTimecardOnBehalfProcess is not a valid process definition" In looking at the event log, the result is this: Exception: An exception occurred that is not expected by the framework. Please check the InnerException property to get more information. -- Inner ...

calculated control in access subform
Hi there. I need some help with a calculated control for a subform. when i return to the main i get #error or name. I don't understand what i am doing wrong. I have to have sum of the contract amt. this is hard to explain. here are some that i have been using. =ContractSubform.Form!txtContractAmtSum =sum(contractAmt) both of these will not work. the first one i thought would work but dont know why it wont please help jwb Where did you place this control? Open the subform in design view. Move the text box into the Form Footer section (not Page Footer.) If you don't see any Fo...

Strange problem when importing excel data to Access table
Hi, Sorry to post this in General as well as in Import/Export Data. I know its most likely something I setup in access, but for the life of me, I can't figure out what it is. The problem is, when I import data from an excel file, instead of the data going to row 2 in the data table, it jumps down to row 103. When I import another excel file, the data is in row 205, it keep incrementing 102 rows. The data being imported from excel is in column A to BL, Row 1 is the named fields while row 2 is the data. The access table, the field names equal the named fields from Excel. I do have...

intermittent access to public folders PLEASE READ!! #2
I have about ten users that cannot access one public folder tree off and on. They can access all other folders without error. The folder is a third level folder, and all permissions are set at the root. Both Default and Anonyms have contributor permission all the way down the tree. If I add the users directly to the fold they gain access for a few hours, then they cannot access again. There is a 1000 users in the enterprise, and everyone else is not having any problems. ANY IDEAS would be great. ...

How do I print Jukebox title cards in MS Access?
Any suggestions on how to print Jukebox title cards in MS Access. There are 4 cards per sheet. The width for each card is 4.375 inches. There may be 7 to 30 titles on a card. I tried using the Label page setup but I couldnt control the print for each card. HELP please. Wanetta Answered in another newsgroup. PC Datasheet Providing Customers A Resource For Help With Access, Excel And Word Applications resource@pcdatasheet.com "Wanetta MemberForm" <WanettaMemberForm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0ED4F6DC-AF21-4FFC-A900-C8D5168DDB32@microsoft.com.....

OLE problem
My Outlook 2000 on Windows 98ME will not open all of a sudden saying I have an OLE Registration error?? Any ideas? Dogs This may seem strange, but try re-installing Outlook Express. It is part of Internet Explorer. http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/enthusiast/Videos/email.asp -- Patrick Reed ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ MVP [Outlook] Have you checked www.slipstick.com? ~Please list Outlook version~ "dogbreaths@hotmail.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:04af01c39d48$e718e380$a001280a@phx.gbl... > My Outlook 2000 on Windows 98ME will not open all of...

Font Problem #3
Hi: Every time I open publisher (2003) I get that screen about fonts not found even though the machine has the fonts and they were used in creating the publication. Sometime when I open publication, it changes all the fonts (not all the articles) and I have to go back an manually change them to what they were before. What could be causing this???? Thanks Best regards Are you viewing the document as a web page? If you are, select the text box, Format, Font, uncheck Show only Web fonts. If this is not the problem do a detect and repair in the Help menu. -- Mary Sauer http://msa...

Access Tools
I have an Access 97 application that I'm opening in Access 2000. I am unable to use several of the Tools-->Database Utilities, such as "Linked Table Manager", "Convert Database", "Upsizing Wizard". These features are greyed out. Are their issues using 2000 to open a 97 app. I would like to upgrade it but I'm not able to do that. Thanks, Steve When you call an Access 97 database into a 2000 version and don't convert it through the first opening and only open the database all those features will be greyed out. You can try closing the databa...

Need Access 2.0 Converter to Access 2002
Any idea how to get an Access 2.0 .mdb file converted to Access 2002? I just bought Office Pro with Access 2000 and it does not have a converter for this old file. The Office website says that no converter is currenty available. Thanks! > Any idea how to get an Access 2.0 .mdb file converted to > Access 2002? I just bought Office Pro with Access 2000 > and it does not have a converter for this old file. The > Office website says that no converter is currenty > available. Thanks! Create a new MDB in your new version of Access, then import all objects from the Access 2...

.copy problems
Hi - I have two identical sheets. One is for "reseting" the other after a user enters in numbers and wants to reset sheet to its original state. Sheet1 is for user entry and Sheet2 is the duplicate to copy to Sheet1. They contain only formulas and conditional formats. The button I use to run the .copy macro is on rows in Sheet1 that are not in the range of cells copied. QUESTION: Why when I run the macro several times (copying Sheet2 to Sheet1) Sheet1 operations get progressively slower to freezing the worksheet altogether. Even selecting cells refreshes the page very...

how do I calculate the change in a value between 2 Access records
I have a form containing a table's history of prices by date. I want to calculate the change in price from one record to the next. How do I calculate the change in a value between 2 Access records? records can be deleted from the table, so the calculation should always reference the next record and show the calculated change. Thanks for your help. How do you determine the "next" record? Since form filtering and ordering will affect the recordset, you can have a difficult time determining which record to use. If you have a rule that will determine what the next record ...

Outllok 2007 display problem
Outlook is open and working fine, I go to do something else on the computer and when I return to Outlook I can see the pane showing all the folders on the left, Inbox with message headers in the middle but the display pane shows: "Cannot display the folder. Exited without properly closing your Outlook data file ......\....\Outlook.pst" I have to shut down the program and restart it and all is ok for a while then back to above. This has happening frequently for the last 3 days or so. I've not done anything different than normal in Outlook - I wouldn't know how to exi...

Bank Updating Problem(s)
Is it just me, or are there some serious issues with Money Plus updating bank information? I have been using Money 2006 successfully for several years now and have been forced to upgrade or lose my bank updating ability. So I updated. Now nothing but trouble. 1. I updated early last week. For the most part things worked well except for poor matching against my existing entries. But I'll get to that later. What really peeved me was coming in this morning and sometime over the weekend it downloaded 245 transactions dating back to early 2007 from my bank. Took me a long time to re-rec...

outlook 2003 crashes when trying to access folder in list?
This is so odd, all of the sudden the other day I when into a folder, and outlook crashed and restarted. Its a folder with a simple rule, "any mail from xxxx account go to xxxx folder" - pretty basic I know. I don't think its rule related but I though it's worth mentioning. The entire PST is around 400megs so under 1/2 gig. The folder in question is around 90,000. I updated to SP3, that fixed it for a day, then it went back the crashing again....:( I have tried the inbox repair tool also....I'm at a loss. I can access emails if I search for them.....but if i try to d...

problem importing xmlss
trying to open an xmlss and I get a message problem during load and in the text box it says: Worksheet Setting I sess the errors are listed in a file c:\documents and settings\xxx\local settings\temporary internet files\content.MSO\580887f9/log but I can't find that file. How can I determine what's wrong with my xml file? Thanks in advance ...

Command Button in Datasheet View
Hi Folks - I'd like to display a list of records in datasheet view. One of the fields is a checkbox. I'd like users to select the records to print, then click a command button that runs a report. I thought a form in datasheet view with a command button in the form header would easily accomplish this task. However, it looks like a form in datasheet view cannot display a command button. Do you have any workarounds? Thanks. Michael Change Datasheet to Continuous Forms. Put the field labels in the form header above the field's textbox, put all textboxes at the top of the deta...

How do I E-mail Invitations as a message in Publisher?
I am trying to email an invitation created in MS Publisher as a message and NOT an Attachment. How can I get all the pages in the email? Publisher will only email a single page as the message, not multiple. There are things you could do but since it's an invitation, it would be easier to create a single page invitation and email that. And if there's food involved, my email address is.... -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Daleen" <Daleen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

Cached Mode Problem
Hi Whenever I enabled Cached Mode on a user in Outlook 2003, running on Exchange 2003 and we hit send/receive we get the following error: Task Microsoft Exchange server reported error (0x8004011B) Unknown Error 0x8004011B It does send and receive correctly, but it still gives the error every time. Any ideas? I researced this error and cannot find much. Thanks. Have you checked this out? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B555049 <baito7@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1151333385.333379.8420@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... > Hi > > Whenever I en...

Problems & questions about recovering shares
I'm piloting DPM 2010 as a backup solution for a clustered file server. This has led to a few questions: 1. Since DPM doesn't actually backup share permissions without a System State backup, what's the difference between a Share backup and a Volume backup? Why would I choose one over the other? 2. If I backup the data using a Volume backup, how can I get the share permissions restored? I tried restoring a System State backup onto one of the cluster nodes, but I suspect that the permissions on the folder were defaulted when the node rebooted to finish the SS restor...