Problems with Publisher 2000 and Windows 2000

One of my clients started having problems with Microsoft
Publisher 2000 last week.  Whenvever she tries to run it
on her Windows 2000 box, Windows installer comes up and
asks her to insert her office CD, she does, and then she
receives an error message saying "The installation source
for this product is not available."  She is an
administrator of her own machine, but ironically, the
user "administrator" can run publisher without any problem.

I have had this problem with the first disk of Office 2000
in the past, and microsoft was able to resolve it by
sending a program (msizap) that took all the the registry
entries out for office.  However, this solution has not
worked for the current program.  I get a similar error
message whenever I try to re-install or uninstall the
program.

ggulick (1)

You can get a program from the MS website called "msicu.exe" and there is a
second one required for Disk 2 of Office. Read the instructions with these
files carefully, and fully understand how they work, but they will/should
cure your ills.

Windows Installer cleaner

Cd2Cleaner

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q247/6/74.asp

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q239/9/38.asp

After that, get the version 2.0 of the Windows Installer and install that
before re-installing Office and Publisher

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/release.asp?releaseid=32832&NewList=1

Have fun, it will give you something to do for the day.

I see you are a rude ignorant crossposter as well - all trimmed!!!

For this rude ignorant cross poster there is a reply in one of the groups
for you.  Look for it

--

"Gil Gulick" <ggulick@operamail.com> wrote in message
> One of my clients started having problems with Microsoft
> Publisher 2000 last week.  Whenvever she tries to run it
> on her Windows 2000 box, Windows installer comes up and
> asks her to insert her office CD, she does, and then she
> receives an error message saying "The installation source
> for this product is not available."  She is an
> administrator of her own machine, but ironically, the
> user "administrator" can run publisher without any problem.
>
> I have had this problem with the first disk of Office 2000
> in the past, and microsoft was able to resolve it by
> sending a program (msizap) that took all the the registry
> entries out for office.  However, this solution has not
> worked for the current program.  I get a similar error
> message whenever I try to re-install or uninstall the
> program.

xxxx1 (1)

window is off screen
Had to look up some 2007 Tax filing stuff today. Back then this computer had two monitors. By default, the tax stuff was sent to the second monitor, it disappears off of the screen now and I cannot look at it. Multiple dragging attemps did not work, thought there was a "key sequence" or ?? to make all windows return to the main monitor?? With two monitors connected 'drag' the stuff on #2 back to #1 - then you can stop using #2 monitor. "Meebers" <Iwork@topposter.com> wrote in message news:e8C0apRzKHA.5288@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > ...

Outlook 2000 CPU hog
Hope one of the gurus can help me out here. Today all of the sudden I open Outlook and notice that my CPU usage is constantly pegged at 100% and stays there until I close Outlook. Is there a fix for this? TIA. Outlook 2000 SP-3 Windows XP SP2 1.6G Pentium 4 1.5G mem -- marx404 _________________ Oh, I should have checked with Slipstick first. I assume that this is the solution? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=1E252CCF-452A-4313-A402-B50C4405580A&displaylang=en -- marx404 _________________ "marx404" <404@404.com> wrote in message news:...

Format Issue of Windows Mail and M.S. Group
Hi: When clicking to open any mails including this site, MS Newsgroup, top right pane of 'X' part is not visible. In the past, I used 'Shove-It' program that was found on the web-site, priced $15 that corrected this issue. However, this program is no longer effective, thus it went back to the original format, .... not fully opening content of mail of right side of pane, although I can read any mails by using 'maximizing bvutton' to open in full. Any imputs on this, above would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, "Winter10" <Winter10No...

Outlook Web Access attachment problem
We have a program that will generate a .snp file and then email it to whatever recipient it needs to go to. If they receive the email in Outlook it will allow them to open the file properly with the Snapshot viewer. However, if they go to the same email in OWA and try to save the attachment, it attempts to save it as an .mdb file. Why would OWA ignore the original extension and try to give it a different one? "Joe Giddings" <j_nospam_giddings@thehammocksource.com> wrote in news:jI9gd.11726$ta5.6952@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net: > We have a program that will genera...

mail sending problem
Hi , I am very new in the exchange server just now I have deployed Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 at my organization now i have some problem in that . I am able to send mail outside the domain except yahoo .whenever I am sending mail from my exchange mail id to any yahoo mail id it is showing me mail has been sent but on yahoo id it is not delivering even I am not getting the DFR, second I wants to know that can we take the backup of single mail box (boxs) and please tell me step by step how can we take backup (at least the location ) Thanks in Advance Madi The most probable reason is t...

Still issues uninstalling Publisher trial version
When I try to unstall or install over top of the trial version of Publisher, it askes me for the original MSI file (pubtri.msi). I do not have this file and can not locate it on microsofts website so that I my remove it. does anyone have any idea's on how I can remove the trail version so that I can get the real one installed. Thanks Glenn Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301&Product=off2003 Error Message: This Installation Package Could Not Be Opened http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb...

publisher #17
can publisher make 40 page brochures? thanks -- bob A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Bob <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > can publisher make 40 page brochures? Yes. But the brochures tend to be better if you use Publisher to make them. ;o) -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm can you give me an idea how to do it? -- bob "Ed Bennett" wrote: > A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look...

Windows Welcome Screen Login Looping Problem
Up until now no startup problems whatsoever with my system. Today, I press the start button and it boots fine to the Windows' Welcome Screen. When I click on my account icon (no password ever entered) it tries to login (I see my desktop for about 4-5 seconds) but it comes back to the same Windows' Welcome Screen after about 5-10 seconds. My significant other also has an account icon and when she tries to login from the welcome screen she can't get pass the screen either and gets the same 5-10 seconds looping problem that happens to me. System specs: Dell Deminsio...

Incoming mail server problem
I use supanet for the internet and recently had to clear off a load of viruses and worms from my computer. Computer is clean now. I've run up to date spybot. adaware and cleaned all viruses with Mcaffee internet security as well as running stinger. Sasser, and W32 pate.b were included. Have also completed all windows updates. Everything is working fine now except my email. When I restart the computer my incoming mail server keeps changing from pop.supanet.com to a strange number. 9eg 17.02.01.10 or something similar) It also changes the user name from 3612 to 3612@supanet.com (It adds su...

Removal of Outlook 2000 from XP home Help
I am attempting to remove an unauthorized version of Office 2K from a Win XP home computer. The Removal went fairly normal except that now when accessing any E-Mail client, the Windows installer is attemtping to install something from the Win 2K premium disk. Is there a Registery entry causing this problem? Is there a way to stop this from happening? do you know what it's installing and does it fix it if you give it the disk? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: ht...

Creating a Calendar in Publisher
I have created a calendar page in Publisher. How do you save that design so that each consecutive month will hold the format? On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 17:31:02 +0000, Toni wrote (in article <A49FAC01-7290-48FA-9576-5FB4761A9CD6@microsoft.com>): > I have created a calendar page in Publisher. > How do you save that design so that each consecutive month will hold the > format? You use the correct tool for the job. Publisher isn't it. Serif PagePlus, OTOH, is. I have Publisher 2000 Can't you use SAVE AS and it saves as a Publisher file? If the tabs on the bottom are ...

Problems performing a restore to a SAN drive
We recently move our message stores to SAN. I've tried to perform a restore to a recovery storage group on the SAN and am not able to do it. We use Ultrabac as our backup application, but I've tried NTBackup also and am getting the following errors in the App logs: Information Store (3576) Callback function call ErrESECBRestoreGetDestination ended with error 0xC7FE1F42 Database not found. and Failed to find a database to restore to from the Microsoft Active Directory. Storage Group specified on the backup media is e0d4e0af-f91a-490d-9b40-47e27b9fb714. Database speci...

run Microsoft Publisher 2002 macro in command line
This might look simple but I cannot figure it out. How can you run a Microsoft Publisher 2002 macro in command line? (like in Word, you can do winword file.doc /mNAMEOFTHEMACRO ) In a command line I am not sure. Try posting at microsoft.public.publisher.programming Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.kvalheim.org >-----Original Message----- >This might look simple but I cannot figure it out. > >How can you run a Microsoft Publisher 2002 macro in command line? >(like in Word, you can do winword file.doc /mNAMEOFTHEMACRO ) >. > ...

Need disk # 2 for Home Publishing Premium 2000
The #2 disk of a (6) disk set in my Home Publishing Premium 2000 was demolished in my CD drive. This is the setup disk and since the CD is no longer available from Microsoft I need a copy badly. Is there anyone that can successfully copy a #2 disk? I will be more than happy to pay anyone for there trouble. Patsy wrote: > The #2 disk of a (6) disk set in my Home Publishing > Premium 2000 was demolished in my CD drive. This is the > setup disk and since the CD is no longer available from > Microsoft I need a copy badly. Is there anyone that can > successfully copy a #2 dis...

XMLA .NET connection problem
Hi, After install msxml 4.0 and XMLASDK 1.1, i proceed to configure the datasource.xml file, as follow: <DataSource> <DataSourceName>FoodMart 2000</DataSourceName> <DataSourceDescription>Microsoft Analysis Server 2000 on local machine</DataSourceDescription> <URL>http://localhost/xmla/msxisapi.dll</URL> <DataSourceInfo>Provider=MSOLAP.2;Data Source=md001144</DataSourceInfo> <ProviderName>Microsoft XML for Analysis</ProviderName> <ProviderType> <TDP/> <MDP/> <DMP/> </ProviderType>...

Problems with DATE data type
Hi!!! I've got a little problem with the next macro in Excel. The problem is that I must look for some information in a data bas using as filter a specific day an hour in the year. I get the date and the hour using a form and then the macro calle "Busqueda" receives the value. I've programmed the macro using MSQuery just to see the necessary cod and the problem has appeared when I've tried to include the para called "Dia" in the SQL code. I've tried using " & Dia & " but it doesn't work and I don't know ho to include my param...

Publisher 2003
I'm attempting to print a calendar and I keep getting the message, "Cannot load the printer driver." I have no idea what that means other than I'm unable to print my calendar. Anyone have any ideas? I get the same message whenever I try to print a card I've created. HELP! -- The computer has been chucked out the picture window and the birds are nesting in it. *sigh* Merrie wrote: > I'm attempting to print a calendar and I keep getting the message, > "Cannot load the printer driver." I have no idea what that means > other than I'm una...

outlook 2000 running under windows xp
Having recently received automatic updates for windows xp, outlook 2000 hangs on sending/receiving emails, is this a known problem ? I'm not aware of problems. Do you get any error messages? I'd try deleting the *.srs file. It's located at %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlo...

Reinstall problem
I have a CRM 1.2 MSDN installation. I ran add/remove programs to un-install. Everything seemed to uninstall just fine. I then ran the installer again to reinstall. I wanted to use the existing database. I select the: "Connect to an existing database" options, click next then select my SQL server from the list. I then get a message: Setup could not find any valid Microsoft CRM databases on the server you have specified. You must select a different server. I know the databases are there. I can see them in enterprise manager. The system was working fine except for ...

Problem w/ Task Manager
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01CB4835.4C042E00 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am running a laptop with WIndows XP SP3. I am not sure what changed or = happened but my task manager now only shows the processes tab. The tabs = are mising for me to change views as well as the title bar for my task = manager windo and the menu bar i also gone. How can I correct it? Thanks ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01CB4835.4C042E00 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8...

Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2000
I am configuring my new office computer and cannot figure out how to import my Outlook 2000 files and archives from the old computer to the new computer. The only information I have been able to find is importing Outlook Express to Outlook 2000 - but this does not seem to apply to Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2000. These are the steps I believe should work - but don't quite make sense to me: On the new computer: Open Outlook File Import and Export .....Which "action to perform" option will work? None of the options seem to include Outlook 2000. Thanks in advance for your he...

Mac problems opening excel files when connected to two windows shares

An error number : 424 problem
I'm having trouble with an attachment field. On a report I can see the picture and the filename of the selected attachent properly. Now in a SQL UPDATE string that i'm making I always get the error 424 Object required. Here is the line where it happens : 'mySQL = mySQL + ", scan_g = " & prn_du_pied_g.FileName scan_g is a Text field prn_du_pied_g is an attachment All I want to do is to use the filename of the attchment. How do I solve this Thank you for the help -- Eric "ericb" <eric@b.com> wrote in message news:9A...