Problems with pasting pictures

I recently installed Publsiher 2000. When I copy a picture and then paste it
into a publsiher 2000 document, a white box appears with a large black cross
in instead of the picture I copied.  How can I get the picture I copy to
actually paste into publisher?
0
njj200 (2)

Pub 2000 here also.

Take a look at View, Picture display...

You may have the third option checked.

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

"njj200" <njj200@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I recently installed Publsiher 2000. When I copy a picture and then paste
it
> into a publsiher 2000 document, a white box appears with a large black
cross
> in instead of the picture I copied.  How can I get the picture I copy to
> actually paste into publisher?

Problem killing a thread
Hello, I am creating a DLL that creates another thread and does its work. When I load the library, it calls CreateThread which spawns another thread. I am having a hard time terminating the thread. For some reason, when it runs DLL_PROCESS_DETACH, and executes TerminateThread, the thread does not terminate. Would anyone know what I could be doing wrong? It seems fairly simple. Thanks I have the following code: //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// long WINAPI Temp(long lParam) { int result; for(;;) { // my new thread } return 0; } BOOL APIENT...

Pasting a value as an hyperlink
I have imported a list from a database of file paths to documents on our server, these data is currently formatted as 'General' Is there anyway of converting that value into a hyperlink to the said documents? If your list is the complete path and file name, then in an adjacent column you could just do: =3DHYPERLINK(A1) and copy this down. If you wish to you could fix the values and then you would not need column A. Hope this helps. Pete On Apr 20, 4:14=A0pm, The Rook <TheR...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have imported a list from a data...

Cubeset function problem
I am using cubefunctions against Analysis Services and i follow instructions in this: http://office.microsoft.com/download/afile.aspx?AssetID=AM102200231033 When i type in function from page 6 step 8: =CUBESET("aw",CONCATENATE("DESCENDANTS([Geography].[Geography].[All Geographies].[",$C$4,"], 2)"),"Top 10 Cities by Profit",2,"[Measures].[Reseller Gross Profit]") I get a #N/A error. I am connected to cube and other cube functions work. If i try changing function to =CUBESET("adv";"[Geography].[Geography].[All Geographies]...

Goto Record Problem
Hi I need to know how to goto a specific record. I tried : DoCmd.GoToRecord acDataForm, "MyTable", acGoTo, Forms! MyTable!ID While ID is the record number that I need to go to but ID is different from the record number that access shows me. ID sturs from 800 and the records numbers that access shows me stars from 1. What I need to do to solve this problem? Hi There are a number of ways to do what you want - this is just one. Create an unbound text box on your form. Call it txtSearch. Place this AfterUpdate of txtSearch. Private Sub txtSearch_AfterUpdate() Dim rs As Ob...

Problem reading reminders #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0014_01C57290.56614700 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I use MS Outlook as my email and to manage my work appointments & = reminders; without it I'm lost and in danger of missing important = meetings. For the last few weeks I've been getting the following message = whenever I start Outlook:=20 "There was a problem reading one or more of your reminders. Some = reminders may not appear. Cannot locate recurrence information for this = appointm...

News server problem
Hi guys.... When trying to telnet to news server on nntp=119 i'm getting this erro "Error no permission to talk to 'the ip address of my wirelss device' Goodbye" Again when trying on "Outlook express" i get the following error - th server unexpectally terminated the tcp/ip link. Please guys any help will be appreciated. Bigbo ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Macro to insert symbol problem
Hi, I wish to record a macro to insert a symbol ( a tick) into the active cell and then move down to the next cell in that column. However, when I try to to do this the symbol gets inserted OK but the cursor won't move down to the next cell and it keeps jumping bak up to the original cell. I have tried using the relative to cell option on the recording toolbar but no joy. Using Excel 2002 SP2 Any thoughts appreciated, Graham Hi Graham, This does what you want Sub Macro1() With Range("A1") .Font.Name = "Marlett" .FormulaR1C1 = "a"...

CRM 3.0 Instyalltion Problem
I'm facing this instalation problem --------------------------- Instalação do Microsoft CRM 3.0 Server --------------------------- Falha na ação Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.RegisterFaxService. The configuration registry key is invalid --------------------------- Retry Cancel --------------------------- How can I solve it ? Thanks ...

Publisher 2003 "tracking" problem...
I'm very familiar with Publisher, but I have encountered a problem I can't solve. When I highlight some text, and go to FORMAT, and then CHARACTER SPACING,.... If I set it to 110%, press APPLY and then close the window, when I highlight the same text and go back into Character Spacing, it has changed to 109.1%. This applies for all even numbers...for instance, if I set 135%, it will change to 134.1%. It seem to drop by .9% in each case. I have never had this problem before. Anyone got any ideas??? Thanks. I do believe this is the way it is... I tried this on Publisher 98 and 2...

Office 2004 edu version install problem
Powerbook G4 osx. I get an error message (code -36) because PMingLiU.ttf cannot be read. Installation stops. Tried permissions repair, disk repair. Nothing helps. Any help appreciated. I thought that sounded familiar: Google groups turns up this thread: <http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.mac.office/browse_frm/ thread/e77a558522f1bae1/dedaf24cdcfc7996?q=pmingliu.ttf+group:*mac.office&rn um=1&hl=en#dedaf24cdcfc7996> I believe calls for installation support are free. On 4/23/05 12:35 AM, "Ben" wrote: > Powerbook G4 osx. > I get an error...

Problems opening Outlook 2003
YHi all, I have very recently upgraded office from 2000 to 2003, student and teacher edition. All but Outlook 2003 is working fine, when I open Outlook it says "Your Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable" - Retry, Work offline or Cancel. I have tried choosing work offline but it then comes up with "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. Your profile is not configured." It then closes :-( Any help much appreciated. Thanks Alex Do you connect to an Exchange Server or are you connecting to an ISP POP3 mail server? "AlexG" <AlexG@discussions.micros...

dual x-axis problem
Hi, I'm trying to get dual x-axis for multiple sets of data (same x values). the data would be of the form: wavelength energy transmission 300 =[Simple formula using wavelength] 100 310 =[Simple formula using wavelength] 85 .. .. .. essentially I'm after a chart that uses columns A & B as the x data and plots C against it as the y-data. However, as A is increasing, B is decreasing so this seems to make things more difficult! Does anyone have any thoughts on how to do this ...

Problem: Outlook 2003 will not shutdown. Processes still running
Hello, When I shut down Outlook 2003 the icon stays in the taskbar. Looking at Process Manager Outlook.exe and WinWord.exe are still running and need to be shutdown manually. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thank in Advance "Rx" <lookie-here@got-ya.com> wrote in message news:B5t9l.72388$4u2.2543@newsfe02.iad... > When I shut down Outlook 2003 the icon stays in the taskbar. Looking at > Process Manager Outlook.exe and WinWord.exe are still running and need to > be shutdown manually. > Any suggestions would be helpful. See if something here helps: http:...

Junk mail filter update causes problems
More often than not, a junk mail filter update changes things negatively. After an update I receive more junk mail than I did before the update. This has happened several timesover the last year. I end up manually deleting junk emails manually. It happened this past week. The problem usually corrects itself with the next junk filter update. Any idea why this is happening? Thanks. > After an update I receive more junk mail than I did before the update. The total amount of Junk E-mail that you receive cannot possibly be affected by the Junk E-mail filter. Or are you sa...

Problem in MS CRM 4.0 with Expand/Collapse on a SSRS 2008 report
Hello, I'm working on a SSRS report wich is deployed in a IFRAME in MS CRM 4.0. The deployement works, the report is available in the IFRAME. I have two linked problems, in my opinion: The function Expand/Collapse works in SSRS, but not in my CRM's IFRAME. The report contains parameters. Changing their values doesn't work in MS CRM, but do work in SSRS viewer and in the report manager. In my CRM report, I see the '+' (for expanding), and when I click on it, the page is reloaded, but nothing changes (it didn't expand). I've noticed that a javascript error is ...

Problem with VBScript Running on Custom Home Page
I've got the following sub that is intended to open a new Explorer and display the specified folder. It works on my home laptop but when I try to use it on a machine connected to Exchange it craps out. The problem appears to be at this line where the object is not being instantiated. Any Ideas? [set objNamespace = objOutlook.GetNamespace("MAPI")] sub displayFolder(sourceObject) 'Display the folder in a new Explorer window set objOutlook = ObjectCenterTopOutlookViewControl.outlookApplication set ovc = document.getElementById(sourceObject) &...

Problems with Outlook #2
We are using Outlook 2000 and all of a sudden we seem to be having a problem with it. I get a mail delivery failure and it won't send or receive, it keeps asking for a password which it already has. Anybody know of what the problem might be? Thank you! I don't know what the problem is, but I'm experiencing the same thing. Is MSN your isp ? >-----Original Message----- >We are using Outlook 2000 and all of a sudden we seem to >be having a problem with it. I get a mail delivery >failure and it won't send or receive, it keeps asking for >a password w...

CRM Exchange route problem
Hi Everyone, I installed CRM 3.0 without Exchange route about 2 month ago, Now I install Exchange server and CRM Exchange router. Please let me know how can I Change CRM Exchange router in MS CRM? I repair CRM Server but I encounter some problems, also I find a solution for this issue that I must changed CRM registery but my problem don't solved. -- Mohsen Ahmadi Not sure what you want to "change". If you never installed the router previously, there shouldn't be an issue. CRM isn't aware of the router until it's installed. The Repair can be used to route o...

Excel Problems
I hope you can help with a problem with a spreadsheet caused by compatibility between word & excel I had a multi-page spreadsheet which I opened via Word by mistake - some of the data is now missing in word Now I can't open the spreadsheet other than in Word although it is still a.xls file Opening in Excel you get "file format is not valid" error message. It will open in Word but not all the data is there. Can I recover this file? I don't think you can - maybe someone else can prove me wrong, but I think you need to be looking for a backup copy if you can find o...

office problems on a month-old macbook
I installed Office a month ago when I first purchased my Macbook. Everything worked well until this past week when none of my Office programs worked. I just double click on the icons and nothing happens. The programs I double click do show up in "Recent Programs," but the programs don't open. I'm not sure why it stopped working all of a sudden. I tried deleting the program, but the "Remove Office" option wouldn't work. Again, I'd click the icon, and nothing would happen. I ended up dragging the file into the trash and trying to reinstall. I couldn't use...

Export of customizations problems
We know that deploying entity changes by export / importing will not delete attributes which have been removed from the source system. But it seems the requiredlevel is also not deployed if it is changed from "business required" to "no constraint". I would have thought this should be an overwrite situation, i.e. it should still put requiredlevel="na" in the exported xml. Is there any way to ensure that changes to the required level are taken across to the destination system? ...

Signatures with pictures/ Outlook 2003
When I send my signature with a picture to a hotmail account the picture shows as an attachment. Can I avoid this? Is it possible to protect this image from being saved? ...

Flakey Problems
I just installed 1.2 with no problems. I added myself through deployment manager just fine. Was able to login the CRM and add users/roles just fine. I ran into a problem with one user who was getting access denied. So I disabled him. (He was Vice President of Sales) I wanted to delete him, but don't see anywhere you can do that... (Keep in mind, this is a fresh install, no data) So, now, when I go to deployment manager, it doesn't show ANY users. I can go into settings for my user, through the web interface, and it shows me the users, but it doesn't show me the one I...

Probleme affiche userform
Bonjour J'au un soucis pour afficher a l'ouverture d'un fichier excel un userform. ce userform comporte des case a coche (checkbox), dans la zone controlsource des propriete j'ai saisi la case de ma feuille excel ou je veu recup�rer le resultat (vrai ou faux) , tout cela fonctionne parfaitement , sauf quan je met l'ouverture du userform a l'ouverture du fichier excel , erreur ne trouve pas le chemin ... Si je supprime la valeur dans les proprietes de la zone controlsource , ca marche , mais je n'ai plus la valeur dans la cellule concern�e, j'en dduit ...

SetupDiGetDeviceInfoListDetail() buffer problem
Hi, I have written sample code. This enumerates the available device list from the system using the SetupXXX API. But I got the error "0x000006f8 - The supplied user buffer is not valid for the requested operation" from the API SetupDiGetDeviceInfoListDetail(). I have taken care to initialize the cbsize member with "sizeof(SP_DEVINFO_LIST_DETAIL_DATA)" Error occured in the VC++ 8.0 only but this error did not occur in the VC++ 6.0. ///////////// Code start here //////////////// PCWSTR szMachineName = NULL; HDEVINFO devs = INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE; DWORD devIndex; SP_DE...