Problems with Duplex Printing

Our church uses Publisher 2003.  When starting a new document, we right click
on the desktop and select new and then click on Microsoft Publisher Document.
 When we print the one page document, the printer wants to print in duplex.
Going to page setup and clicking on print setup, then properties and then
finishing tab, the duplex printing tab is checked.  We uncheck it and the
printing is fine until we start a new document.  If we start a new document
inside the program itself there is no problem.  We have two HP printers, a
laser and a inkjet, and the problem occurs in each printer.  The printer
settings in the control panel have the duplex printing turned off.  I don't
know how to correct the problem when starting a new document from the desktop
or inside a folder.
0
GLC (4)

The same thing happens with me. Only with Publisher 2003 on a Windows XP system.
A workaround would be putting a Publisher program shortcut on your desktop,
double-click it instead of right-clicking the desktop and invoking new.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"GLC" <GLC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Our church uses Publisher 2003.  When starting a new document, we right click
> on the desktop and select new and then click on Microsoft Publisher Document.
> When we print the one page document, the printer wants to print in duplex.
> Going to page setup and clicking on print setup, then properties and then
> finishing tab, the duplex printing tab is checked.  We uncheck it and the
> printing is fine until we start a new document.  If we start a new document
> inside the program itself there is no problem.  We have two HP printers, a
> laser and a inkjet, and the problem occurs in each printer.  The printer
> settings in the control panel have the duplex printing turned off.  I don't
> know how to correct the problem when starting a new document from the desktop
> or inside a folder.

0
mary-sauer (6480)
4/20/2008 7:32:16 PM
I forgot to say that we also use Windows XP.  Thank you for your advice.  It
still is a mystery why the duplex printing keeps coming up.
0
GLC (4)
4/21/2008 12:50:01 AM
In article <1C5F032B-9141-40B2-B649-88332C38316D@microsoft.com>,
=?Utf-8?B?R0xD?= <GLC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I forgot to say that we also use Windows XP.  Thank you for your advice.
> It
>
> still is a mystery why the duplex printing keeps coming up.

  It may be that your printer driver is set to Duplex by default. If you go
into the driver via the control panel, printers and faxes, and the right
click on your printer you can look for the printing preferences and then
layout. If this is set to Duplex it will be your default option.

  John

--
    _                     _________________________________________
   / \._._ |_  _     _  /'       Orpheus Internet Services

0
mijas (53)
4/21/2008 7:24:09 PM
John,

Thank you for your response.  We have the printing preferences in the
control panel set so the duplex printing is disabled.  The box is unchecked
next to duplex printing.  Our original problem still exists.

0
GLC (4)
4/21/2008 10:26:19 PM
John,

When we go to file, print, properties, and layout, The box is checked for
Duplex.  When we uncheck the box everything is fine until we start a new file
from the desktop or another file by right clicking, selecting new, and
Publisher document.

The printer is not set to duplex and our problem occurs on either our laser
or ink-jet printer.

0
GLC (4)
4/23/2008 7:33:04 PM
John, It happens to me too when I right-click the desktop, new, Publisher
document. If I place the Publisher program icon on the desktop or on the quick
launch the duplex option doesn't occur. It is a bug.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> John,
>
> When we go to file, print, properties, and layout, The box is checked for
> Duplex.  When we uncheck the box everything is fine until we start a new file
> from the desktop or another file by right clicking, selecting new, and
> Publisher document.
>
> The printer is not set to duplex and our problem occurs on either our laser
> or ink-jet printer.

0
mary-sauer (6480)
4/23/2008 9:05:17 PM
In article <AD8C58D8-FE5B-4C0E-BFDD-CC163F4D3401@microsoft.com>,
=?Utf-8?B?R0xD?= <GLC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Thank you for your response.  We have the printing preferences in the
> control panel set so the duplex printing is disabled.  The box is
> unchecked next to duplex printing.  Our original problem still exists

If you print by going to 'file' then 'print' and look at the 'properties'
and 'layout', is Duplex selected there?

Or is the printer itself set to Duplex by default?

John

--
    _                     _________________________________________
   / \._._ |_  _     _  /'       Orpheus Internet Services
   \_/| |_)| |(/_|_|_> /          'Internet for Everyone'
_______ | ___________./       http://www.orpheusinternet.co.uk

0
mijas (53)

Problem inserting a column!!!
Hello all. I just accessed a worksheet which Im trying to add a column to... I highlight the column which i want the new column inserted ...and when i try to insert a column it doesnt work! A warning message comes up stating that a column cannot be inserted until blank cells are removed from the right side of the sheet or something to that effect!? Whats going on??? Thank you. -- londonchick ------------------------------------------------------------------------ londonchick's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24529 View this thread: http://www.e...

Invoice printing
We are wondering if the reports are going to include invoices to have the look of the statement, but are printed on a 8.5 by 11 sheets to give to the customer right away and to sign right away in acceptance of charges? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. h...

Problem deleting messages on Outlook
Am trying to delete messages in my Inbox. The delete button and 'Delete' function under the Edit are returning the error message --' the messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If problem persists, restart Outlook. I've restarted several times including a full system shutdown. Clear your Deleted Items folder and in case you are working with a pst-file also run Compact Now and scanpst.exe against it to check it for errors. Then try again. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create...

Problem while trying to open access training course on microsoft w
Hello, I was taking the online training course on Access 2007 but whenever I download the access file required for practice, the page linked to it with the instructions does not come up. Is there anything wrong with the links located within the access file? Is Microsoft updating them? Or if not should it be a local problem? Is the server being changed? Thanks for your help, Claudia On Wed, 7 Apr 2010 18:06:03 -0700, Claudia <Claudia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, I was taking the online training course on Access 2007 but whenever I >download the acce...

Printing labels from Publisher
I cannot seem to be able to print only 1 label at a time. Where can I set the printing option to print just one label from a sheet of labels? You will have to create the page manually. Take a look at the page setup when you select labels, it will tell you the size and the gaps. Use the ruler guides to recreate the labels. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Carmen Driggs" <Carmen Driggs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3433E906-D97B-4AED-B83A-39CDBA9B99F5@microsoft.com... >I cannot seem to be able to print only 1 label at a time. Where can I set ...

Header problem
I have placed a header in an excel worksheet - and saved it - but when another person opens the same file - and previews the file the header changes. This user does not have to save the file - but when a third person opens the file and previews the file - the header matches that of the 2nd user. Has anyone seen this before? Is there a way to keep the header from changing? What do you put in the header? Is it dynamic (the path of the workbook for example???). Knikki wrote: > > I have placed a header in an excel worksheet - and saved > it - but when another person opens the...

Money 2003 Problem
The age old problem. Never really backed up upon exiting Money. Computer packs up - no backup file. However a money file (.mny I think) is left in my documents. On attempting to restore it, it initially tells me a location where it will save the backup file. Then it gives the following error message. 'Money cannot locate C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\Backup2 or cannot open it because it is a read-only file, or you do not have permission to change it, or your disk drive is protected. If you have chosen the correct file and it cannot be accessed,you will need to click OK and ope...

Problem with LPBYTE lpBuffer - I always get the variable error
Hello all! I've got a problem with the variable LPBYTE lpBuffer - Debug watch reports me that this variable has a bad ptr. Then it's the cause that I'm not able to get success with loading my file which I need to see in my dialog's edit-box. This is the problem part of my code: __________________________________________________________________________ HANDLE hFile; DWORD dwSize; DWORD dw; LPBYTE lpBuffer = NULL; lstrcpy(szSoubor, TEXT("\\temp\\test.txt")); hFile = CreateFile(szSoubor, GENERIC_READ, 0, NULL, OPEN_EXISTING, 0, NULL); if(hFile == INVALID_HANDLE...

CCommand object serialize problem
my code like this: CComand<CDynamicStringAccessor> rs0; ... rs0.Open( session,sqlstr,&ps); CFile theFile; theFile.Open(curdir+"db.dat",CFile::modeWrite); CArchive ar(&theFile, CArchive::store); ar.WriteObject((CObject *)&rs0); when it runs to ar.WriteObject((CObject *)&rs0),the system always report error: the memory "0x00000001" used by code "0x00000001" can not be read what wrong with it ? what I want is to store the rs0 from memory into hard disk,so I can use it after then by read it from hard disk how can I do it correct...

Can anyone help with this problem? bug?
I installed MYIE2 (www.myie2.com) and chose it to be default browser, when I reverted back to IE as default browser it affected one thing I know in Outlook. on the toolbar, when you open up a contact, theres a "road sign button" to the right of the "red flag" I get this error, when i click on it: "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Crate an assocition in the Folder Options control panel" I dont know what association to go to in Folder options and uninstalling outlook and reinstalling it did not fix the problem no...

Is there a fix for incorrect duplex printing of mail-merge postca.
Printing mail-merge postcards on a DUPLEX printer is not correct. We print monthly invitations. In P'03, the front of a postcard to each recipient prints on the opposite side of the same card as the message. It does not in P'07. (The front AND back of the card print on the first side [with the front and back of the next addressee]. The following 2 addressees appear on the back. This will work correctly only IF, there is no personal note to the addressee on the back of the card AND the number of addressees is divisible by 4. We have to keep 2 computers in my office unconve...

network problem
i set up one of our store using a dsl line and synchronizing to head office passing thru a router that was configured to go to a certain pc when connecting to port 34400 and 34202, the hq client log generates this error and aborted the connection: error 3704 operation is not allowed when the object is closed our other store which is connected using vpn works fine but we are deciding to change using dsl connection is there any other configuration needed to avoid this error This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0188_01C8E065.F672B350 Content-Type: text/pla...

GP SQL Server Performance monitoring, problem with CPU related loc
The past week our GP SQL Server has been locking up. All GP clients (around 15) lockup and are not able to do anything within the app. When this happens the CPU on the server maxes out. It last for around 15 minutes then the CPU goes back to normal and everyone can start to use the GP clients again. Is there a way to see what is happening? For instance maybe its a batch/transaction/query/report etc. that a user is running that is causing this. Is there a log I can review or something to help me pinpoint what process is doing this? Thanks for your input! Hi, Can you pl...

Very Strange Problem (Urgent)
On the Line date1 = COleDateTime::GetCurrentTime(); If i use F11 to step into the function GetCurrentTime the control goes to BOOL CHtmlView::GetTheaterMode() const and exception is there for me Can Someone Suggest Why UINT ThreadProc(LPVOID arg) { ::AfxOleInit(); COledateTimeThreadDlg *pDlg; pDlg = (COledateTimeThreadDlg *)arg; for(;;) { COleDateTimeSpan datespan; COleDateTime date1,date2; date1 = COleDateTime::GetCurrentTime(); ::Sleep(100); date2 = COleDateTime::GetCurrentTime(); datespan = date2-date1; } } void COledateTimeThreadDlg::OnButton1() { ::AfxBeginThread(Th...

Suppress "0" from printing on a report
One way to do this is to set the format to "#,###.00;-#,###.00;[White]". Is there a better,or more conventional, way? If that is the only information, you can remove the record with a WHERE clause, but that eliminates the whole record, that is why this is only applicable if this field is the only information to be printed in the 'row': WHERE fieldname <> 0 Vanderghast, Access MVP "JimP" <j_pockmire@comcast.net> wrote in message news:MP2dnUkGtoXof7XWnZ2dnUVZ_hGdnZ2d@giganews.com... > One way to do this is to set the fo...

Problems w/ Outlook 2003
Starting yesterday I have been having problems sending e-mails with Outlook 2003 SP1. I use Comcast and while I can recieve I can not send emails with multiple recipients. I get the following messages: Task 'mail.comcast.net - Sending' reported error (0x8004210B) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the sending (SMTP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' Task 'mail.comcast.net - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC60) : 'Your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server has r...

Problem with blocking of main thread with other thread
I have a problem with blocking of main thread: My application contains an interpreter and I need to write a debugger for it. The mainframe creates a thread that is interpreting instructions. When I need to break execution of instruction thread, I use WaitForSingleObject(m_WaitEventHandle, INFINITE); in the interpreter thread. Everything works fine until the window is opened from the interpreter. Then the mainframe freezes. When I break execution in VC the call stack for interpreter thread shows: � NTDLL! � KERNEL32! � CDebugManager::CheckBreakpoints() � CInterpreterThread::Run() � _Afx...

Lines in Publisher does not print in same position as on screen
On inserting a house plan (TIF) and wanting to draw grid lines (using the line tool) on the outside walls, it shows 100% correct on screen but when I print it is as if the line spacing has changed and is not on the outside lines for the walls anymore. Anybody experienced this problem? Thanks Carel Put the .tif on the background and draw the lines on the publication page. Does this help? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Carel" <Carel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0EAC19E7-4E72-43E4-BE46-98944FFDB8FE@microsoft.com... > On inserting a house pl...

Strange communicaiton problem between E2K3 BE & FE servers
Hi there, Exch2003SP1 with BE & FE config, both running on w2k3 (no sp) servers. All in a sudden, around 11am this morning, outgoing internet emails pending at BE's "Internet Mail - _6f11108f04be1b4fa16208b3824b69aa_S (SMTP Connector)" queue, in which when force it to retry, at additional queue information, it said "the remote server did not respond to a connection attempt". However there is no problem of incoming internet emails at the moment. Already restarted both SMTP virtual server at FE & BE, didn't help on the outgoing mails problem. On both B...

Please help with Excel formula problem!
I've spent hours and hours trying to figure this out, with no luck. I'd be PROFOUNDLY grateful if anybody can help. You have several cities, say 10, requesting various amounts of funding. You, the fund source, have a total of $1,500,000 in funds to give them. However, the total amount they're all requesting is, say, $1,655,502. You don't have enough; you only have $1,500,000. 1,500,000/1,655,502 = .9061. So, you grant EACH city 90.61% of what it requested, and all the grants total up to $1,500,000. No problem with that one, you can throw up a little spreadsheet in a few se...

Printing Labels from Marketing List
It is possible to create Mail Merge documents for the members of a Marketing List through Quick Campaign or Main Campaign. But how about creating labels for all the members in the Marketing List? It seems that labels can be created only from the main contact list and not from the Marketing list. Any pointer?? Don an Advanced find to look for all contacts (or account depending on the marketing list) who are on a particular marketing list. From the find results do a mail-merge to labels. HTH Roger "Onkar" <budc57@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1166056772.911550.14100@8...

border art disappear when I print?
I created a 5 ft banner with a border using border art. Lets say its a border with apples. When I go to print preview, it disappears from the screen. I go to print, and the border doesnt print. How do I fix this problem? "Morrisg18" <Morrisg18@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5AC52ED2-66B1-440E-AF10-0889ECBF94FD@microsoft.com... > I created a 5 ft banner with a border using border art. Lets say its a > border with apples. When I go to print preview, it disappears from the > screen. I go to print, and the border doesnt print. H...

Printing 1/2 page postcards
I am trying to print two similarly designed postcards on one page but with different addresses. I am using MS Publisher 2003. Is there any way to do this? thank you Select custom in page setup, type 5.5 in the height box, Publisher will print two per sheet. This is the setup you will use for mail merge and two cards per sheet. If each card is an individual piece, you will have to setup a custom size in your printer. You can use a mail merge or print one card at a time, manually changing the data each time. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ ...

cd ripping problems
Recently I have had difficulty ripping my cd to my hard drive. Periodically, when I put a cd in my drive and try to rip it, the computer reboots itself, and then I am told that the computer had a serious error. It does not happen all the time. I never have difficulty ripping one of my dvds to back it up; only cds. Any answers? This is the wrong newsgroup for your message. This newsgroup is for the Microsoft Dynamics GP ERP solution. -- Leslie Vail, CPA, MCT, MVP MCBSP-Application for Microsoft Dynamics GP MCBSP-Installation and Configuration for Microsoft Dynamics GP cell: 972-814-85...

Tiling Problem
I have Office 2010 and have had the same problem in 2007, 2003 and XP. It has also been a problem with 3 different printers. I have a poster I print up on a regular basis and have a printer that prints edge to edge. I have printed with normal borders and edge to edge with the same problem. It skips printing the gaps between pages. There are missing sections and the pages do not match up properly, requiring manual filling in or smoothing of the gaps. An annoyance with black printing, but a problem with color. Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks. Mike D. Look for a newer printer driver. -- ...