Problems creating a newsletter - email.

I chose the form "Newsletter - email".
I have created a 3 page newsletter. Now, I have NO IDEA how to send it
out as an email. I do not want to send it as an attachment. I cannot
figure out which "save as" format or what I need to do so that i can
email this newsletter. Is there a website that goes through how to do
this?

Am I correct when I say that it has to be html in order for me to send
it as email?  That is not one of the options.
Any help you give me would be greatly appreciated.


I am using 2003 Publisher.  I created the book "Tri-Puzzles for
Genesis - I" using Publisher so I am happy using it.  I offer this
book for free at http://www.adreamforabetterworld.com/postdescp.php?postid=20.
I hope to create more of these books - not only on religion but other
subjects.  .Tell me if you like it

Now, I want to create a newsletter to help publicize my work but can't
figure out how to do it.

Thank you,

Markis
www.adreamforabetterworld.com
0
2/10/2009 5:28:21 PM
publisher 21446 articles. 6 followers. Follow

7 Replies
385 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 5

Which email program are yoiu using?

-- 

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"



"spaceman" <educationandmore@gmail.com> wrote in message 
news:72e6e0fa-cca4-4263-92a1-a2c9478efe7c@y38g2000prg.googlegroups.com...
>I chose the form "Newsletter - email".
> I have created a 3 page newsletter. Now, I have NO IDEA how to send it
> out as an email. I do not want to send it as an attachment. I cannot
> figure out which "save as" format or what I need to do so that i can
> email this newsletter. Is there a website that goes through how to do
> this?
>
> Am I correct when I say that it has to be html in order for me to send
> it as email?  That is not one of the options.
> Any help you give me would be greatly appreciated.
>
>
> I am using 2003 Publisher.  I created the book "Tri-Puzzles for
> Genesis - I" using Publisher so I am happy using it.  I offer this
> book for free at 
> http://www.adreamforabetterworld.com/postdescp.php?postid=20.
> I hope to create more of these books - not only on religion but other
> subjects.  .Tell me if you like it
>
> Now, I want to create a newsletter to help publicize my work but can't
> figure out how to do it.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Markis
> www.adreamforabetterworld.com 

0
jl_paules (2768)
2/10/2009 11:16:03 PM
When was the last time you received a three page email? Trick question.You 
can only send one page, so that means your easiest choice is to convert the 
newsletter to a pdf and attach it. The other advantage to this is by 
converting to a pdf you know that your newsletter will arrive just as you 
designed it. If you don't have a pdf creating tool, here is a good freebie: 
www.primopdf.com After you install it and use it to convert your newsletter, 
be sure to choose the on-line version of the pdf rather than the print. The 
file size will be much smaller and your dial-up readers will appreciate 
that.

Another good alternative for you is to just compose an email that introduces 
the content of your newsletter, and then provides a links to your website 
where you have the rest of the content. Did you notice the "read more" links 
in the email templates? Hint...hint...that is why they are there. You can 
either put your content in regular web pages, or upload your pdf version to 
your host and provide a link to it for downloading. Seems to me this 
newsletter should be used as a tool to drive people to your website anyway, 
so in my opinion this is your best choice.

Now if you really want to try to send your newsletter in the body of an 
email, then you will have to combine all the pages to one page. That is as 
simple as copying all the content from the other pages to the first page. 
Fair warning, chances are you are going to have problems with formatting, 
layout and email size, unless you keep it really simple. There are a lot of 
things that simply don't work when converting a print document to HTML, and 
even fewer things when trying to convert to an email message. Plus there are 
some people who have html turned off in their email clients and won't be 
able to read your html formatted message. Here are some references for you 
to read:

Convert a print newsletter for use on the Web (2003):
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HA011030981033.aspx

Tips and troubleshooting for sending a publication page as an e-mail message 
(2003):
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HP010390591033.aspx?pid=CH062524821033
Pay particular attention to the formatting tips.

DavidF


"spaceman" <educationandmore@gmail.com> wrote in message 
news:72e6e0fa-cca4-4263-92a1-a2c9478efe7c@y38g2000prg.googlegroups.com...
>I chose the form "Newsletter - email".
> I have created a 3 page newsletter. Now, I have NO IDEA how to send it
> out as an email. I do not want to send it as an attachment. I cannot
> figure out which "save as" format or what I need to do so that i can
> email this newsletter. Is there a website that goes through how to do
> this?
>
> Am I correct when I say that it has to be html in order for me to send
> it as email?  That is not one of the options.
> Any help you give me would be greatly appreciated.
>
>
> I am using 2003 Publisher.  I created the book "Tri-Puzzles for
> Genesis - I" using Publisher so I am happy using it.  I offer this
> book for free at 
> http://www.adreamforabetterworld.com/postdescp.php?postid=20.
> I hope to create more of these books - not only on religion but other
> subjects.  .Tell me if you like it
>
> Now, I want to create a newsletter to help publicize my work but can't
> figure out how to do it.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Markis
> www.adreamforabetterworld.com 


0
Nope8657 (939)
2/11/2009 2:59:35 AM
In Pub 2003 you can send out by email directly (File | Send Mail...something 
like that), in 2007 the option is gone.
You have to create the document as Email..yes html.



-- 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano
Microsoft MVP Expression






"spaceman" <educationandmore@gmail.com> wrote in message 
news:72e6e0fa-cca4-4263-92a1-a2c9478efe7c@y38g2000prg.googlegroups.com...
> I chose the form "Newsletter - email".
> I have created a 3 page newsletter. Now, I have NO IDEA how to send it
> out as an email. I do not want to send it as an attachment. I cannot
> figure out which "save as" format or what I need to do so that i can
> email this newsletter. Is there a website that goes through how to do
> this?
>
> Am I correct when I say that it has to be html in order for me to send
> it as email?  That is not one of the options.
> Any help you give me would be greatly appreciated.
>
>
> I am using 2003 Publisher.  I created the book "Tri-Puzzles for
> Genesis - I" using Publisher so I am happy using it.  I offer this
> book for free at 
> http://www.adreamforabetterworld.com/postdescp.php?postid=20.
> I hope to create more of these books - not only on religion but other
> subjects.  .Tell me if you like it
>
> Now, I want to create a newsletter to help publicize my work but can't
> figure out how to do it.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Markis
> www.adreamforabetterworld.com 


0
webmaster911 (1600)
2/11/2009 6:25:48 PM
The option is not gone in Pub 2007, but you must use Outlook 2007 or OE5+ as 
your default email client.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;884425

DavidF

"Rob Giordano [MS MVP]" <webmaster@siriussystems.invalid> wrote in message 
news:uWf9oYHjJHA.3716@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> In Pub 2003 you can send out by email directly (File | Send 
> Mail...something like that), in 2007 the option is gone.
> You have to create the document as Email..yes html.
>
>
>
> -- 
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Rob Giordano
> Microsoft MVP Expression
>
>
>
>
>
>
> "spaceman" <educationandmore@gmail.com> wrote in message 
> news:72e6e0fa-cca4-4263-92a1-a2c9478efe7c@y38g2000prg.googlegroups.com...
>> I chose the form "Newsletter - email".
>> I have created a 3 page newsletter. Now, I have NO IDEA how to send it
>> out as an email. I do not want to send it as an attachment. I cannot
>> figure out which "save as" format or what I need to do so that i can
>> email this newsletter. Is there a website that goes through how to do
>> this?
>>
>> Am I correct when I say that it has to be html in order for me to send
>> it as email?  That is not one of the options.
>> Any help you give me would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>
>> I am using 2003 Publisher.  I created the book "Tri-Puzzles for
>> Genesis - I" using Publisher so I am happy using it.  I offer this
>> book for free at 
>> http://www.adreamforabetterworld.com/postdescp.php?postid=20.
>> I hope to create more of these books - not only on religion but other
>> subjects.  .Tell me if you like it
>>
>> Now, I want to create a newsletter to help publicize my work but can't
>> figure out how to do it.
>>
>> Thank you,
>>
>> Markis
>> www.adreamforabetterworld.com
>
> 


0
Nope8657 (939)
2/11/2009 7:32:59 PM
ah maybe that's why...I have Pub 2007 but Outlook 2003.

-- 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano
Microsoft MVP Expression






"DavidF" <Nope@nospam.com> wrote in message 
news:OxCUU#HjJHA.4976@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> The option is not gone in Pub 2007, but you must use Outlook 2007 or OE5+ 
> as your default email client.
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;884425
>
> DavidF
>
> "Rob Giordano [MS MVP]" <webmaster@siriussystems.invalid> wrote in message 
> news:uWf9oYHjJHA.3716@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>> In Pub 2003 you can send out by email directly (File | Send 
>> Mail...something like that), in 2007 the option is gone.
>> You have to create the document as Email..yes html.
>>
>>
>>
>> -- 
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>> Rob Giordano
>> Microsoft MVP Expression
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> "spaceman" <educationandmore@gmail.com> wrote in message 
>> news:72e6e0fa-cca4-4263-92a1-a2c9478efe7c@y38g2000prg.googlegroups.com...
>>> I chose the form "Newsletter - email".
>>> I have created a 3 page newsletter. Now, I have NO IDEA how to send it
>>> out as an email. I do not want to send it as an attachment. I cannot
>>> figure out which "save as" format or what I need to do so that i can
>>> email this newsletter. Is there a website that goes through how to do
>>> this?
>>>
>>> Am I correct when I say that it has to be html in order for me to send
>>> it as email?  That is not one of the options.
>>> Any help you give me would be greatly appreciated.
>>>
>>>
>>> I am using 2003 Publisher.  I created the book "Tri-Puzzles for
>>> Genesis - I" using Publisher so I am happy using it.  I offer this
>>> book for free at 
>>> http://www.adreamforabetterworld.com/postdescp.php?postid=20.
>>> I hope to create more of these books - not only on religion but other
>>> subjects.  .Tell me if you like it
>>>
>>> Now, I want to create a newsletter to help publicize my work but can't
>>> figure out how to do it.
>>>
>>> Thank you,
>>>
>>> Markis
>>> www.adreamforabetterworld.com
>>
>>
>
> 

0
webmaster911 (1600)
2/12/2009 12:58:07 AM
It is a shame too. That apparently was not the original plan.

From: Create and send e-mail publications by using Publisher 2007:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HA102200511033.aspx

"When you send a publication as an e-mail message, recipients can read your 
message in HTML-enabled mail clients - such as Windows Live Hotmail, MSN 
Hotmail, AOL, and Yahoo, and in Microsoft Office Outlook, Outlook Express, 
and Windows Mail. Recipients do not need to have Publisher installed to view 
the message, because the page that you send appears in the body of the 
e-mail message.
 Important   This option requires that you use Microsoft Office Outlook 
2007, Microsoft Office Outlook 2003, Outlook Express (version 5.0 or later), 
or Windows Mail as your default e-mail program."

----------

I prefer Outlook 2003, but would like to use the email merge feature 
available only in Pub 2007. I can switch my default email client to OE, and 
it will work, but that is impractical on many levels. I would really like to 
see MSFT fix this so it would work with Outlook 2003 as it was 
intended...but I am not holding my breath.

DavidF

"Rob Giordano [MS MVP]" <webmaster@siriussystems.invalid> wrote in message 
news:uPy%232zKjJHA.4868@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> ah maybe that's why...I have Pub 2007 but Outlook 2003.
>
> -- 
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Rob Giordano
> Microsoft MVP Expression
>
>
>
>
>
>
> "DavidF" <Nope@nospam.com> wrote in message 
> news:OxCUU#HjJHA.4976@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>> The option is not gone in Pub 2007, but you must use Outlook 2007 or OE5+ 
>> as your default email client.
>>
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;884425
>>
>> DavidF
>>
>> "Rob Giordano [MS MVP]" <webmaster@siriussystems.invalid> wrote in 
>> message news:uWf9oYHjJHA.3716@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>>> In Pub 2003 you can send out by email directly (File | Send 
>>> Mail...something like that), in 2007 the option is gone.
>>> You have to create the document as Email..yes html.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> -- 
>>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>> Rob Giordano
>>> Microsoft MVP Expression
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> "spaceman" <educationandmore@gmail.com> wrote in message 
>>> news:72e6e0fa-cca4-4263-92a1-a2c9478efe7c@y38g2000prg.googlegroups.com...
>>>> I chose the form "Newsletter - email".
>>>> I have created a 3 page newsletter. Now, I have NO IDEA how to send it
>>>> out as an email. I do not want to send it as an attachment. I cannot
>>>> figure out which "save as" format or what I need to do so that i can
>>>> email this newsletter. Is there a website that goes through how to do
>>>> this?
>>>>
>>>> Am I correct when I say that it has to be html in order for me to send
>>>> it as email?  That is not one of the options.
>>>> Any help you give me would be greatly appreciated.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> I am using 2003 Publisher.  I created the book "Tri-Puzzles for
>>>> Genesis - I" using Publisher so I am happy using it.  I offer this
>>>> book for free at 
>>>> http://www.adreamforabetterworld.com/postdescp.php?postid=20.
>>>> I hope to create more of these books - not only on religion but other
>>>> subjects.  .Tell me if you like it
>>>>
>>>> Now, I want to create a newsletter to help publicize my work but can't
>>>> figure out how to do it.
>>>>
>>>> Thank you,
>>>>
>>>> Markis
>>>> www.adreamforabetterworld.com
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
> 


0
Nope8657 (939)
2/12/2009 2:52:25 AM
and guess wat...Pub 2003 only does it with Outlook 2003

-- 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano
Microsoft MVP Expression






"DavidF" <Nope@nospam.com> wrote in message 
news:eg1b$zLjJHA.4200@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> It is a shame too. That apparently was not the original plan.
>
> From: Create and send e-mail publications by using Publisher 2007:
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HA102200511033.aspx
>
> "When you send a publication as an e-mail message, recipients can read 
> your message in HTML-enabled mail clients - such as Windows Live Hotmail, 
> MSN Hotmail, AOL, and Yahoo, and in Microsoft Office Outlook, Outlook 
> Express, and Windows Mail. Recipients do not need to have Publisher 
> installed to view the message, because the page that you send appears in 
> the body of the e-mail message.
> Important   This option requires that you use Microsoft Office Outlook 
> 2007, Microsoft Office Outlook 2003, Outlook Express (version 5.0 or 
> later), or Windows Mail as your default e-mail program."
>
> ----------
>
> I prefer Outlook 2003, but would like to use the email merge feature 
> available only in Pub 2007. I can switch my default email client to OE, 
> and it will work, but that is impractical on many levels. I would really 
> like to see MSFT fix this so it would work with Outlook 2003 as it was 
> intended...but I am not holding my breath.
>
> DavidF
>
> "Rob Giordano [MS MVP]" <webmaster@siriussystems.invalid> wrote in message 
> news:uPy%232zKjJHA.4868@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> ah maybe that's why...I have Pub 2007 but Outlook 2003.
>>
>> -- 
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>> Rob Giordano
>> Microsoft MVP Expression
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> "DavidF" <Nope@nospam.com> wrote in message 
>> news:OxCUU#HjJHA.4976@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>>> The option is not gone in Pub 2007, but you must use Outlook 2007 or 
>>> OE5+ as your default email client.
>>>
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;884425
>>>
>>> DavidF
>>>
>>> "Rob Giordano [MS MVP]" <webmaster@siriussystems.invalid> wrote in 
>>> message news:uWf9oYHjJHA.3716@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>>>> In Pub 2003 you can send out by email directly (File | Send 
>>>> Mail...something like that), in 2007 the option is gone.
>>>> You have to create the document as Email..yes html.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> -- 
>>>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>>> Rob Giordano
>>>> Microsoft MVP Expression
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> "spaceman" <educationandmore@gmail.com> wrote in message 
>>>> news:72e6e0fa-cca4-4263-92a1-a2c9478efe7c@y38g2000prg.googlegroups.com...
>>>>> I chose the form "Newsletter - email".
>>>>> I have created a 3 page newsletter. Now, I have NO IDEA how to send it
>>>>> out as an email. I do not want to send it as an attachment. I cannot
>>>>> figure out which "save as" format or what I need to do so that i can
>>>>> email this newsletter. Is there a website that goes through how to do
>>>>> this?
>>>>>
>>>>> Am I correct when I say that it has to be html in order for me to send
>>>>> it as email?  That is not one of the options.
>>>>> Any help you give me would be greatly appreciated.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> I am using 2003 Publisher.  I created the book "Tri-Puzzles for
>>>>> Genesis - I" using Publisher so I am happy using it.  I offer this
>>>>> book for free at 
>>>>> http://www.adreamforabetterworld.com/postdescp.php?postid=20.
>>>>> I hope to create more of these books - not only on religion but other
>>>>> subjects.  .Tell me if you like it
>>>>>
>>>>> Now, I want to create a newsletter to help publicize my work but can't
>>>>> figure out how to do it.
>>>>>
>>>>> Thank you,
>>>>>
>>>>> Markis
>>>>> www.adreamforabetterworld.com
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>
> 

0
webmaster911 (1600)
2/21/2009 2:10:50 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Outbox won't send email with an attachment
After composing an email and attaching a word document, I click send and it goes to the outbox but does not send it. How can I resolve this problem? ...

Unable to add email account to new users or old users
I have tried to add new users with new email accounts. The user account is created but does not add a email account. The exchange tabs show up but there is no information in them I have also used the exchange wizard to add a email account to current domain user. The wizard says works BUT when check the properties on the user is show no email account under the exchange tab. -- Donovan Please use my new email account at donovan@nglm.com Pls check this http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;317654 -- Jammyù�ٴ� "Donovan Ellis" <donovan@nglm.com>...

Countif Problem
I have a range of cells that I wish to check for 'data' or 'no data' entered. All I really need to know is whether a user has entered anything into any one of the cells. I am trying this formula: =COUNTIF(A1:C100,"") which works fine, returning the number of blank cells and decreasing that number by 1 each time data is entered into a previously blank cell. However, I need to invert the result. I want the formula to return 0 (zero) when all of the cells are blank, and to increment the number by 1 each time data is entered into a previously bla...

Problem with buttons
Hi I have 2 workbooks to which I'm adding a button with a small macr attached (the same one on each). Using the forms toolbar, I've added a button to one of the workbooks no problem. The other is causing problems. When I open the forms toolbar it's al greyed out. The worksheet isn't protected and even the cells ar unlocked. I'm at a loss to work out what the problem is. Any ideas? Many thank -- Ceris ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Cerise's Profile: http://www.hightechtalks.com/m15 View this thread: http://www.hightechtalk...

Online Ordering Problem
As my trial version of Money Plus Delux has only few days left to run, I decided to order a copy of it from the MS/Digital River download site. For whatever reason, the order form was pre-initialized for 3 copies instead of the one I ordered. I corrected the 3 to 1 before I filled in the credit card info. To my surprise, I was still billed for 3 copies but by that time I could not change or cancel my order. I immediately sent an email to Digital River about this but I wonder if any of you also encountered this seeming scam. JP In microsoft.public.money, JP wrote: >As my trial ve...

How do I create forms in office xp
I am trying to create a form for Hardware dispossal. I do not know how to begin, I tried to look at help, but there is no specifics on how to start, if I want to use excel. Currently I am using Office xp Hi you may visit Microsoft's site and search in the template gallery -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "victor_c" <victor_c@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:64D4F83A-6C02-4647-AAD9-C0528D4F2E5C@microsoft.com... > I am trying to create a form for Hardware dispossal. I do not know how to > begin, I tried to look at help, but there is...

Recently moved home. Using dads ISP. Can't send or recieve email
Recently moved from Austin to Kansas City. Currently using my fathers ISP for internet and email access. Need help on how to send and receive emails through outlook 2002. Can I just creat a new account with my own personal user name and password? Boomerang <Boomerang@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Recently moved from Austin to Kansas City. Currently using my fathers > ISP for internet and email access. Need help on how to send and > receive emails through outlook 2002. Can I just creat a new account > with my own personal user name and password? With the ISP? You...

How do I create this chart?
Item Height Width Min Max Min Max A 2 4 10 20 B 4 6 9 12 C (etc.) The chart would show a rectangular area for each item with the height plotted on the X axis against width on the Y axis. Thanks in advance for any help!!! Work out a series to tabulate the co-ordinates of the 4 corners (and a 5th point to go back to the beginning). Plot that series. Same for each subsequent series. -- David Biddulph "MEL101060" <MEL101060@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8E6446AF-56EB-4D5D-BAC8-8B7AB72D8E75@micr...

How to mark and creat index in Publisher 2003
When I make a book in Publisher 2003, it looks like the same in Word 2003. But how can I mark and creat index in Publisher 2003, and creat the contents in the head of the book? Thanks a lot. ----James Manually. There is no function built into Publisher to do that. -- ...

How do you create custom bounce back messages?
We have two domains that our company uses. We want to get rid of one. Is there a way for me to create a custom bounce back message that says, "we are not accepting email for domain.com any more. Please send email to otherdomain.com" Thanks. On Thu, 28 Sep 2006 07:49:01 -0700, Dave Myles <DaveMyles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have two domains that our company uses. We want to get rid of one. Is >there a way for me to create a custom bounce back message that says, "we are >not accepting email for domain.com any more. Please send email to >othe...

Problem with sheet tabs
My MS Office is Office 2003. While open a new workbook in Excel, the sheet tabs are not shown, I need to set by tools -> option and check the sheet tab every time. How to set the workbook opened with the sheet tabs ? Also, there is a extra menu tab "addin" shown at the top menu of workbook, i.e. File, Edit, View, Insert, ...., addin, Help. While addin is clicked, a message of "solution.xls not found" shown. How to fix it ? The first problem: Open a blank workbook, go to Tools - Option and change the settings. Now, close the workbook. Your changes sh...

blue screen reboot problems
my home prem. vista pc keeps rebooting. Blue screen message is 2 seconds long so i can't read it and several attempts to resolve this by using system restore etc is only making it worse. I've run virus scans in safe mode nothing. My deskstop comes up at startup with "windows installer" 3x then a box says that windows has to close down and then it reboots after 30 seconds or so, no time to try and update to sp1 or find the problem list because it dumps to fast. The blue screen does say TCPIP error or something. Do i have to connect Mircosoft with $$ or is this not f...

help fixing a calculation problem
i have an big file that takes a while to calculate. I keep my calculation set on manual. a few times a day I create a csv. file out of a database and open it in excel and the file starts to calc and I end up having to wait it out. Anyone have an idea on how to prevent that from happening? -- barrfly Excel User - Energy markets ------------------------------------------------------------------------ barrfly's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=4141 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=482195 Try this .. Before yo...

How To Create Order Form in Excel
Hey, I am trying to create a fundraiser order form in Excel and I don't know how to slant the cells. I angled the words at a 45degree angle and I want the whole cell to transform that way. Any advice? You can't slant the cell itself. If my comments have helped please hit Yes. "MAllen" wrote: > Hey, I am trying to create a fundraiser order form in Excel and I don't know > how to slant the cells. I angled the words at a 45degree angle and I want the > whole cell to transform that way. Any advice? ...

Create a XML
I'm creating my first XML file with .NET Framework and I have a problem. With this code : Dim doc As New XmlDocument doc.LoadXml("<gpx version=""1.0"" creator=""WISoul http://www.opigi.com""></gpx>") doc.Save(Console.Out) I obtain in the console the following output : <?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?> <gpx version="1.0" creator="WISoul http://www.opigi.com"> </gpx> but if I try to write this resuly in a file with the code Dim doc As New XmlDocument doc.Lo...

Can you create a table of contents from the worksheet tabs in a w.
I use Excel files that have up multiple worksheets. Is there an easy way to create a summary worksheet at the beginning of the workbook that is a linked table of contents based on the worksheet tab names? Much like how PowerPoint allows you to see an Outline view of the slides. In a perfect scenario, if I renamed a worksheet tab, that information would be reflected in the table of contents. Hi see: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm "sumatradc" wrote: > I use Excel files that have up multiple worksheets. Is there an easy way to > create a summary wor...

How to create a line chart with two X-axes in Excel
PLEASE HELP ME!!!!! How can I create a line chart with two X-axes in Excel? select one of your data series and change axis to secondary. <chart><<chart options><Axis> Select secondary x axis. "JaVaughn" wrote: > PLEASE HELP ME!!!!! How can I create a line chart with two X-axes in Excel? Hello, thank you for replying. Which chart type would allow for 2 X-axes. The only chart type that I know that allows for 2 axes is "Line Chart with 2 Y-axes". For the above-mentioned chart, the option to designate a primary and secondary x-axis is display...

cannot reply to some emails in outlook 2007
In some emails, i cannot seem to reply. I get a white area to type the reply, but when typing nothing appears. My signature doesn't appear automatically either, as it usually does. Other emails for some reason are just fine and I can reply to them without problem. Anyone have any suggestions? Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try again; you'd still be sufficiently protected by your on-access scanner part of the virus scanner. For more details see; http://www.msoutlook.inf...

how do I create a box-plot (or whisker plot ) graph?
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/statscharts.html#BoxWhisker - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ raal wrote: ...

out off office assistant does not send email outside of network
When we use the out of office assistant, it only works with internal email inside the network. Does anyone have any suggestions. Thank you in advance, j. hoffa wrote: > When we use the out of office assistant, it only works > with internal email inside the network. Does anyone have > any suggestions. > > Thank you in advance, That's the default setting - you will find your Admin will be VERY reluctant to change it. Which version of OL are you using? We use Exchange at work and OOO Assistant works beyond the LAN. --Steve >-----Original Message----- >When we...

Link sent by email incomplete in subject line
MSKB Article 327010 Can you download the hotifx noted in the above article? If not and you have to call Microsoft for the hotfix, is there a fee? Thank you, L Moore LMoore <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Can you download the hotifx noted in the above article? > If not and you have to call Microsoft for the hotfix, is > there a fee? If contacting Microsoft is the only way to get the hotfix and if you PC is experiencing the problem described by the article, there is usually no charge. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Ra...

Relationship problems
I have a DB with 6 tables tbl 1 (Person's Info) ClientNum (PK) FName LName + all person info tbl 2 (Employment info) EmpID (PK) ClientNum EmpCodeNum EmpStatus TrainingRelated StartDate EndDate tbl 3 (Employer Codes) EmpCodeNum (PK) EmployerName tbl 4 (Trades) TradeNum (PK) TradeName tbl 5 (Pri-Training) PriTraID (PK) ClientNum TradeNum tbl 6 (Sec-Training) SecTraID (PK) ClientNum TradeNum The problem i'm have is that when i go to create a form to enter all the clients data the de...

Send Mail Problem
Hi all One of our user got the below two message from postmaster, i try to disable the rule(list.dsbl.org) from the connection filtering, but the problems still exists. I search my mailserver ip on list.dsbl.org, it listed. To removal need one week. Have any faster way to fix this problems? abc@abc.com on Thu, 7 Dec 2006 08:28:05 +0800 There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. <"Mailserver Host" #5.5.0 smtp;553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)> 1...

Problem sharing a workbook
Hi, I've created an Excel workbook (Excel 2003 (11.8120.8122) SP2), placed it on a shared network server, and then selected Tools>Protection>Protect and Share Workbook... with the "Share and track changes" option selected, and password protection set. However, if I attempt to open it when someone else has it open, I get the message stating that the workbook is opened by user so and so and am given the option to open it as Read-Only, Notify, etc. Any idea why this is happening? Thanks, Linda ...

Email Help???
I am currently running Windows 2K with Office 2000. When ever I go to send an email message, the message hangs. When I click on send, the message remains open with the hourglass for a good 30 seconds before being sent. Has anyone come across this problem? Any suggestions??? Thanx in advance.... ...