Problem printing inserted images

I've been having a strange printing problem lately, when I
insert images in my files some of them print out as solid
black rectangles. The strange thing is that up to about a
week ago I was able to print out the same images just fine,
and if I open the images in Microsoft picture and fax
viewer they print fine as well (so I know the file isn't
corrupt). Does anyone know how to solve this problem?
0
anonymous (74722)

Publisher is more critical about printer drivers than many applications. Go to your
printer manufacturer's web site and look around for an updated driver.

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"JSJ" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've been having a strange printing problem lately, when I
> insert images in my files some of them print out as solid
> black rectangles. The strange thing is that up to about a
> week ago I was able to print out the same images just fine,
> and if I open the images in Microsoft picture and fax
> viewer they print fine as well (so I know the file isn't
> corrupt). Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

0
gsauer (5093)
3/10/2005 9:59:08 PM
I read about that and looked for an updated driver
yesterday but I already have the most up to date. Any other
ideas?
0
anonymous (74722)
3/11/2005 1:51:18 PM
Perhaps uninstall your existing driver and then reinstall. They can go
corrupt...DavidF

> I read about that and looked for an updated driver
> yesterday but I already have the most up to date. Any other
> ideas?

0
Nope8657 (939)
3/11/2005 4:04:24 PM
I've already done that as well and spent 2 1/2 hrs on the
phone with MS tech support and still wasn't able to resolve
the issue. Any other ideas?

0
anonymous (74722)
3/11/2005 7:12:02 PM
What model is your printer? Have you read the support documents on the manufacturer's
web site? Have you completely cleaned out your printer software?
How to clean up printer drivers
There is a separate section for Lexmark on the above link.
How to troubleshoot problems that you may experience when you try to print to a local
printer by using Office programs in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;870622
--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
> I've already done that as well and spent 2 1/2 hrs on the
> phone with MS tech support and still wasn't able to resolve
> the issue. Any other ideas?

0
gsauer (5093)
3/11/2005 9:53:28 PM
Thanks Mary. I tried everything and cleaned out the printer
driver the proper way. There must be some other glitch,
because as I mentioned before it was working with the same
software and the printer 2 weeks ago.

Thanks again!

0
anonymous (74722)
3/14/2005 2:51:38 PM
Re-insert the images, maybe they are corrupt...

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
> Thanks Mary. I tried everything and cleaned out the printer
> driver the proper way. There must be some other glitch,
> because as I mentioned before it was working with the same
> software and the printer 2 weeks ago.
>
> Thanks again!

0
gsauer (5093)

Converting/inserting values, without changing the other contents.
Hi all this is what i require: the overdue is INR 250k (SGD 7,543), out of which for INR 125k (SGD 3,771) payment is processed, for INR 30k (SGD 905) bills resubmitted for queries, for INR 25k (SGD 754) supporting were resubmitted, for INR 45k (SGD 1,358) payment will be made in 1week of next month. the above comments will be in m5 without the sgd value, i need help to converrt those values and show as above in n5, after multiplying the converting factor at b2 thank you ...

Problem uninstalling CRM for Outlook
Hi, I am having a problem when uninstalling the CRM for Outlook Toolbar. When I log onto the machine as the user who installed the CRM toolbar, I receive an error "This action is valid for products that are currently installed". We did have to delete the NT profile of the user which installed CRM toolbar, so I assume this is related to this problem. Thanks for your help! -Mike ...

Report Writer
I know report writer is not agreat tool and Crystal is an option. However, I would like to achieve this in report writer. I simply want some 'boxes' and 'lines' on my invoice so that the fields 'appear' as if they are in a table. I can get lines and boxes in, but how do I get the box to extend down to the top of my report footer? Have a look at the SOP Blank Invoice for an example. In a graphic report, you can draw a box by adding the top horizontal line to the page or report header and then add vertical lines that start in the same section but are as long a...

Problem Veiwing Reports in CRM 3.0
Hi, I am having problems viewing reports in CRM Webclient. I log on as a standard user click on the report edit the filter and generate the report, and the system says the page cannot be displayed. If i log on as administrator it works, so i am assuming it is a permissions issue. Where and how to i change this so all users can view and generate reports? Any help on this issue would be much appreciated, thanks in advance Hi, Now the administrator cannot view the reports, apart from going to the report server via IP. Any help would be great. "Patrickh" wrote: > Hi, > ...

phone textbox default value problem
I have a phone field and I have a default area code set and when I tab to the field the area code is highlighted and I have to click off of it to enter data. How can I have it so when I tab to the field I can immediatly start typing the phone number after the area code? If the area code is different than the default I figure I could just back space and change it. 90% of the time the default will be correct. I have the input mask as !\(999") "000\-0000;0;_ and the default value as (916), I am leaving the formatting info in because I have to import the data and it has the...

Exchange 2000/2003 Routing Problems
I recently added a new Exchange 2003 server to our 1 server Exchange 2000 org. I am able to send mail from the new Exchange 2003 server to the 2000 server. But when I send to the 2003 server the mail does not go delivered. I am assuming this is a routing issue. How can I troubleshoot this? Should each server be in a seperate routing group and use a routing group connector? They are currently i n the same routing group. Thanks, Forest In case anyone has this problem my STMP connector was setup to use a smart relay. I had to check the box that said attempt local delivery before using...

How can comments be inserted into a document ?
Can comments be inserted into a documents done in Publisher? If so, how? No..not automatically. You should be using Word. There is always the callouts in Autoshapes. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Susan" <Susan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9195C75-EB38-45A2-ABA4-879C86988A9C@microsoft.com... > Can comments be inserted into a documents done in Publisher? If so, how? ...

MIME hdr problems
we send mail from Goldmine application through our exchange smtp server. A few emails are being sent back. The NDR is 5.7.1 but in the header I see this line: x-amavid alert" BAD HEADER MIME error: illegal encoding [base64] for mime type message /rfc822 I appreciate this is not necessarily an exchange issue but hoping someone might know something about this and what I steps i can take to solve it. sandgroper <sandgroper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >we send mail from Goldmine application through our exchange smtp server. A >few emails are being sent back. The NDR...

how do I set up publisher 2000 to print business cards 10 per pag.
I can only get 4 on a page. When you are ready to print, in the print dialog, you will be able to change the page properties. Click page options, custom options, change the side margin to .75, change the top margin to .5, change the gaps to zero. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "yvette" <yvette@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D4E614E-3F33-456D-B7D9-E1A8CD452C13@microsoft.com... >I can only get 4 on a page. Here's I do it with Publisher 2000. File Page Setup Special Si...

shared calendar/printing issues
Hi, I'm new on this forum, but seems to be a very nice folks aroun here! here's the situation I have. there's this manager who shared her calendar with her admin, her admi is able to access the calendar (the manager gave her owner' permissions), so, she's able to access it, to accept, decline, etc etc, the funny thing is that when the admin tries to print he manager's calendar, it works fine on a month view, and on a week view but when she tries to print on a day view, Outlook returns an erro message "the program interface returned an unknown error, close th app...

Incorrect printing of Visio 2003 drawings in Word 2003
I got the error described in KB 827865 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;827865&Product=visio2003 with Visio 2003 and Word 2003, in Embedded Visio Objects as well as in placed .emf files or copy/pasted images using Enhanced Metafile format and all this while using just normal latin characters. I do already use current drivers and the problem appears when creating PDFs as well as when printing to a PostScript printer. Any help would be very much appreciated! Matthias Have you tried inserting them as Word Drawing objects? That works best for me. Randall Arnold ...

XML Insert data C# ASP.net 2.0 Need to know how to insert by speci
Hello, I have the following XML Schema: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <Schedule> <Day Name="Monday"> </Day> <Day Name="Tuesday"> </Day> <Day Name="Wednesday"> </Day> <Day Name="Thursday"> </Day> <Day Name="Friday"> </Day> <Day Name="Saturday"> </Day> <Day Name="Sunday"> </Day> </Schedule> I want users to be able to input the following tiomeblocks for a scheduling s...

free/busy problem, again
Sorry to bump this, but I really need to figure this out. Here's the origiinal question, (thanks, EdC for the original response) for clarification, "co-exist" with exchange 5.5 is what the exchange 2003 setup "wizard" that I was running from the CD called it. It walked you through the process in 30 easy steps! Anyway, there is just the one organization with the two servers: I have an exchange 5.5 server, which for various reasons, the schedule+ free/busy folders are gone/corrupted/not working. I set up a new exchange 2003 server in co-exist mode, and moved some...

Problem with installation of Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007
L.S. I have problem with re-installing Microfost Office Enterprise 2007. With the help of Google I discovered that a part of the problem were the remnants of the former installation that didn't show up in the "Software" window, and I removed them using Windows Install Cleanup. Now the installation process is proceeding further that before, but still cancels at a certain point, restarting the computer doesn't seem to help. In the "SetupExe"document in my \Temp map the following frase seems to point at the error in the installation: Log level chan...

Problem with backup of microsoft exchange information store
Having a problem with backup exec 10d backing up microsoft exchange information store. Worked yesterday, but not today. Error is as below. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks Job ended: Wednesday, August 23, 2006 at 8:49:28 PM Completed status: Failed Final error: 0xe0008488 - Access is denied. Final error category: Security Errors For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-33928 Backup- \\NYMAIL03\Microsoft Exchange Information Store V-79-57344-33928 - Access is denied. Access denied to database . Hi, You should rally check with Veritas, but here is what a ...

RMS should show what bar code it is going to print
Okk when a item is made in RMS and the customer makes his own barcode and selects a barcode format to print it should show at the bottom of the screen what barcode is being created(as in the case of UPC, EAN it has a check Digit) That way the customer can put in the check digit in the number so it will scann after printing. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the...

Mail merge problem #3
Running Publisher 2003, Word 2003 I have a Word document -- with an Avery label format -- containing my mailing list. When trying to mail merge with the wizard, it errors out saying; "Some of the field names in this data source are blank or contain invalid characters, such as periods, brackets, or exclamation points. Change these field names before you import data from this data source." I've cleared out all the punctuation, etc. marks that are there and cleared out any blank "Labels". I'm still getting this error. What's up? Will I be able to make...

Invoice Designer portrait/landscape problems
I'm using Money 2004 Small Business edition with winXP. I go into Invoice Designer and open the template 'Service Portrait 1 (Logo)'. This opens, and gives me nearly enough to the invoice layout I would want subject to a few minor alterations. If I then save this template as a new template (with or without any alterations), open the invoice feature within Money and select this new template as the one I want to use, the print preview gives me a landscape orientation of this invoice. It also prints as landscape. (Choosing the original 'Service Portrait 1 (Logo)' templat...

Money 2004 Printing/Calculation error
Whenever I attempt to print an invoice the automatically calculated items (customer name, date, prices, tax and total) will not print nor can they be viewed in the preview mode. I have had a MS tech working on the problem for 3 weeks to no avail. Has anyone had erros like these? Any fixes? THANKS!! In microsoft.public.money, KLM wrote: >Whenever I attempt to print an invoice the automatically calculated items >(customer name, date, prices, tax and total) will not print nor can they be >viewed in the preview mode. I have had a MS tech working on the problem for 3 >weeks to ...

Outlook starting problem
"Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. A dialog box is open. Close it and try again." ...

OL 2003 and MAPPOINT problem
Using OL 2003 with Mappoint 2004. The Cut & Paste function using Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V is malfunctioning. When doing a cut & paste using the Ctrl functions, the MAPPOINT symbol is always PASTED into the new area (Mappoint has not been involked in the session to create a map to paste). IF I use the EDIT | COPY menu items and then the EDIT|Paste into the new area, the selected text is properly pasted. Displaying the Office Clipboard confirms what is happening, but WHY? Previously, I used OL 2002 with a prev version of Mappoint and this operation worked fine. Ideas?? or is this a ...

MS Access query filter problem
I have created a fairly basic database in Access with approx 20 columns/fields in the primary table. I am trying to build several queries which filter the data differenty. When in "Design View" for the query every column/field can be sorted with standard criteria except for two. These two fields have one thing in common: unlike every other field which is populated "manually" via a form, these two are populated via pull-down menus (the values of which are sourced from separate tables). No matter what criteria I use, the query refuses to return any records...

Website email related problem
Our website is on the same internal network and shares the same domain name as our Exchange 2003 server (Win 2003 server environment). PROBLEM: if a website user clicks on an email (ex: mailto:info@vipclubber.com) using the same domain email address from the site domain, the email does not go through to the mailbox where it was originally sent. I am not sure if it is a DNS, Mail Server or alias problem. What should be done to ensure a successful delivery of any related email funstion from the website to the correct mailbox that shares the same domain? Please help! ...

Outlook Client "Problem communicating with CRM Server...
I have installed the light Desktop Outlook Client on a notebook. Everything works fine after the installation. Now the user wants a notebook client with local MSDE - so I�ve deinstalled the light client an installed the notebook client. I specifed the URL (not the IP) for the CRM server during the client installation. When I launch Outlook now I get the following error - "There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft CRM server. The server might be unavailable. Try again later. If the problem persists, contact your system administrator." Then it tells me that it cannot lo...

Help with printing rows and/or columns
I have a spreadsheet of application data for 69 clients; therefore, there are 69 rows plus the top row of column headings. There are 41 columns. The problem I am having is trying to print just one row of application data at a time to distribute to our workers. If I filter the list, I see just one row, but when it prints, it is 5 pages long, and we are trying to reduce our cost of supplies. I tried to transpose the list, switching the rows and columns, but I can't figure out how to print the headings and just one column at a time (i.e. the heading column A + column B, A + ...