Problem placing Mail Merge Results on one page

Hello Experts,

This is what I am trying to accomplish:

I use Publisher to create 4 x 6 labels and I decided that I want to become
more efficient. I have merged my label to an excel spreadsheet. I am grabbing
data from two fields within the excel spreadsheet. I have used a filter to
filter out the ones I don't want. Everything works except one thing.

When it comes time to print, it print one merge result to one label. So if I
have five results, it will print 5 individual labels for each merge result.

I want to be able to print all five results to just one label. Is this
possible?

Sweeper.

0
Sweeper (6)

Are you making separate text boxes for the mail merge fields? Is this one
database? You must put all the information into one text box. You can only have
one 4 x 6 label on your screen, adjust the margins and gaps in the page setup
when you select labels.
Help here
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH062524751033.aspx

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Sweeper" <Sweeper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello Experts,
>
> This is what I am trying to accomplish:
>
> I use Publisher to create 4 x 6 labels and I decided that I want to become
> more efficient. I have merged my label to an excel spreadsheet. I am grabbing
> data from two fields within the excel spreadsheet. I have used a filter to
> filter out the ones I don't want. Everything works except one thing.
>
> When it comes time to print, it print one merge result to one label. So if I
> have five results, it will print 5 individual labels for each merge result.
>
> I want to be able to print all five results to just one label. Is this
> possible?
>
> Sweeper.

0
mary-sauer (6480)
5/30/2007 9:20:37 PM
Mary,

I don't beleive I am making seperate text boxes for the mail mege fields.
How do you do that?

This is one database.

Thank you for your prompt response. I will attempt to adjust margins as well.

Sweeper.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Are you making separate text boxes for the mail merge fields? Is this one
> database? You must put all the information into one text box. You can only have
> one 4 x 6 label on your screen, adjust the margins and gaps in the page setup
> when you select labels.
> Help here
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH062524751033.aspx
>

> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Sweeper" <Sweeper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello Experts,
> >
> > This is what I am trying to accomplish:
> >
> > I use Publisher to create 4 x 6 labels and I decided that I want to become
> > more efficient. I have merged my label to an excel spreadsheet. I am grabbing
> > data from two fields within the excel spreadsheet. I have used a filter to
> > filter out the ones I don't want. Everything works except one thing.
> >
> > When it comes time to print, it print one merge result to one label. So if I
> > have five results, it will print 5 individual labels for each merge result.
> >
> > I want to be able to print all five results to just one label. Is this
> > possible?
> >
> > Sweeper.

0
Sweeper (6)