Printing white text on a black background

I am having an issue with printing.  I have a rectangle filled with black as
the background of one part of my publication.  Then I have text boxes that
have white text (no fill) in them on top of the black.  It looks great on
print preview, but when I print, I can't see the white text at all.

On another page, I have a gradient that goes from black to white.  It shows
the black on one side of the page and nothing (as it should) on the other
side, but no colors inbetween.

If anyone can help me with this, I need it ASAP!  Thanks.
0
Sarah0824 (6)

What version Publisher are you using? Is your printer driver current? Publisher
can have trouble with gradients. A workaround would be save the gradient as a
picture using the .png format and inserting into your publication.
As for the white text the only solution I can think of is your printer driver
needs upgrading. It is always wise to completely remove a driver before
installing/re-installing.

How to clean up printer drivers
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"Sarah0824" <Sarah0824@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am having an issue with printing.  I have a rectangle filled with black as
> the background of one part of my publication.  Then I have text boxes that
> have white text (no fill) in them on top of the black.  It looks great on
> print preview, but when I print, I can't see the white text at all.
>
> On another page, I have a gradient that goes from black to white.  It shows
> the black on one side of the page and nothing (as it should) on the other
> side, but no colors inbetween.
>
> If anyone can help me with this, I need it ASAP!  Thanks.

0
mary-sauer (6480)
4/9/2008 5:33:29 PM
Sorry - I always forget to post which version of Publisher it is.  2003.

I actually found the problem for printing black on white.  The text boxes
that are on top of the black rectangle didn't have any fill color in them -
the black was just showing through from the underlying rectangle.  Once I
filled them with black, all problems were fixed.

I'll try your suggestion for a gradient - that is a great idea.

Thank you sooooo much for your quick reply!!

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> What version Publisher are you using? Is your printer driver current? Publisher
> can have trouble with gradients. A workaround would be save the gradient as a
> picture using the .png format and inserting into your publication.
> As for the white text the only solution I can think of is your printer driver
> needs upgrading. It is always wise to completely remove a driver before
> installing/re-installing.
>
> How to clean up printer drivers
> http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/CleanPrinterDrivers.htm
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Sarah0824" <Sarah0824@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am having an issue with printing.  I have a rectangle filled with black as
> > the background of one part of my publication.  Then I have text boxes that
> > have white text (no fill) in them on top of the black.  It looks great on
> > print preview, but when I print, I can't see the white text at all.
> >
> > On another page, I have a gradient that goes from black to white.  It shows
> > the black on one side of the page and nothing (as it should) on the other
> > side, but no colors inbetween.
> >
> > If anyone can help me with this, I need it ASAP!  Thanks.

0
Sarah0824 (6)

2-Sided Printing: HP Photosmart D7300 Series. Right edge of image clipped off, won't allow manual feed #2
We are wasting tons of paper trying to print a "booklet" 2 sided. Printer: HP Photosmart D7300 Paper 8.5x11 Booklet 5.5 x 8.5 Printer set at landscape Ran 2-side configuration wizard. Did all paper feeds (numbers and circles) When attempting to print, right side is clipped off No prompts appear to turn paper over. When printer is set to BORDERLESS, the full right side of image appears, but left side of page is trimmed off. "fit image to paper" option vanishes. Is there a way to do this? Thank you. How many pages? Is the print preview correct? I only know how I...

comparing columns of text (cross-searching)
I am trying to figure out a quick way to compare two columns of text for common phrases. The two columns - one of which has over 30k rows - have cells with company names. I simply need to identify the companies that are listed in both columns. However, because the same company may be written with slight textual differences in either column (i.e. "3M" versus "3-M"), I need to search based on the proximity of characters to each other (i.e. "3" and "M," in that order, within a couple of characters of each other). Ideally, I would also like tally of t...

formatting text on chart for specific values
Please help! I have a list of dates on X axis and # of downtime minutes for those dates on the Y axis. I'd like to show all of the dates that have downtime=0 as blue text, but I can't figure out how to make only those with a y value of 0 show up as blue on my chart. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance! Hi, This page may help with the formatting of axis labels. http://www.andypope.info/charts/hiliteaxislabels.htm Cheers Andy satraver wrote: > Please help! I have a list of dates on X axis and # of downtime minutes for > those dates on the Y axis. I'd like to show ...

VBA solution to paste text into megred cells
I do realize that merged cells are bad news. I'm stuck with an Excel 2003 worksheet, which contains this dreaded feature. Users are complaining that on trying to paste text into merged cells gives Excel Warnings: "Data on the Clipboard is not the same size and shape as the selected area. Do you want to paste anyway?" And: "Cannot change part of a merged cell." Interestingly, though if the user hits F2, which places the cursor in the formula bar, then the paste operation works! I'm usually reasonably of Ok with VBA; but this ...

Crazy printing ...
I'm using XP (SP2) and XP Office. This includes Publisher 2003. I'm using a Canon S200 printer. This was previously attached to another computer running Win98SE. There were no printing problems. I installed it to the XP system using the Canon CD. Now however it goes crazy when I use Publisher. I'm trying to print a booklet, two A5 pages on a single A4 sheet. Everything pans out in Print Preview. When I print however, all sorts of crazy things happen. It shrinks the text to nothing. It prints portrait instead of landscape. And more. Whatever I tell it to do, it ignores. As far a...

Clip Art won't print #2
My operating system is Windows Vista, I have an HP Photosmart 8450 printer and when using Publisher 2007, none of the clip art will print. Actually, no clip art will print in any of the Office 2007 programs, but Publisher is the one that I was using when I discovered this. Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions on how to fix it? Thanks. Are you using updated drivers? -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 "Ms. CCC-SLP" <Ms. CCC-SLP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:577191CD...

counting the occurrence of specific text within a date range
In a sheet I have activities completed by specific staff on specific date. I want to countthe number of times the activity occurs within each month (a date range i.e. 05/01/10 through 5/31/10). For each instance that the specific staff memebr completes the activity their name appears adjacent to the date the activity was completed. The dates are not in chronological order, thus the need to be able to search and find each date within the date range and to count how many times the specific staff member's name appears within that date range. -- John Try this... Use ce...

OUTLOOK 2007
I purchased new notebook from Dubai having Vista Home. While uising OUTLOOK 2007, the email messages make and receipts in Plain text receive in Right to Left Direction. My requirment is default text direction as Left to Right. I think problem is coming becuase of arabic or Urdu language which is set in Window Vista. I have tried all option i.e. set language as English, key board as US, email template as left to right direction but this problem is not solved till todate. I request Microsoft or member in Discussion group to help me for solving this problem. Tools, options, left to ri...

How to customize Outlook 2003, e.g. remove button text in toolbar?
I cannot find where to do that :( Thanks, Tien, Right click on the toolbar, select Customize, then right click on the button, select Default style. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Do Quyet Tien asked: | I cannot find where to do that :( | Thanks, | Tien, Thanks, but why is it easy like customize IE toolbars, just select option "No text labels...

Change cell background color based on content that results from li
This could be very simple, but I will lay the groundwork first. I have a schedule spreadsheet that I import data to from a web based program. There are existing filters to remove all formatting of the data and remove that which we do not use. What remains is a non formatted sheet that other workbooks link to so we can produce daily sheets. Now the data that is linked on the other sheets may be for example the number 150. It appears throughout the sheet and I would like to color any cell that contains the number 150. The problem is I can't search for 150 because it reall...

how do i change or remove a signiture that is under outo text hea.
Someone please help i am using outlook 2003 and i am triyng to change a signiture that is under auto text. to get into it i open a message push insert then outo text then signiture. I want to change it. I have closed the untilted message gone to tools then options then mail format then signitures then remove all the signitures but the signiture under insert and outo text is still there See if this helps: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word/HP051860291033.aspx -- Bill R "nearly bald with frustration" <nearly bald with frustration@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

Counting Texts
If cell A1 contains a paragraph of texts and if I want to count just letter "W"s (Upper or lower case), How can I achieve this? Example: A1 contains "How now brown cow" the formula should return "4". Thank you. Write a macro and use the VBA functions Instr(strName, "w") together with Split(strName, "w") and count the number of times that it finds "w" or "W" Chris "Keith" <Keith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CC60AA13-B569-4C55-BDC7-1B6295CDAFB9@microsoft.com... > If cell A1 co...

Emails missing text
We have about 80 users on our Exchange server. We have 2 users that have an issue with reading their email. It appears that when they open the email the right side of the email/text is gone. When I shadow their session I can see the entire email but they cannot. It is as if they right section of the text of the email was deleted. I'm sorry I'm not explaining this well. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks ...

Export excel file to semicolon delimited text file
Hello all. We have the need to export a file from excel to a semicolon delimited text file. Is there a way to do this from Excel directly? If not, does anyone have any other suggestions? TIA for your help. If you change your regional settings to use the semicolon as your list separator, you can save as .csv and it should work. But this may affect other programs, too--since it's a windows setting. windows start button|settings|control panel|regional and language options| regional options tab|customize button near the bottom. On the other hand, if you don't want to fiddle with...

printing #2
i am trying to print a flyer that has a picture i created myself. what i did was make a square, put 4 separate lines on top of it, then put the same square (except made it somewhat transparent by way of the fill options) and put it on top of it to so it would be transparent enough to be able to see a hint of the lines underneath...however, when I print it, it does not print what i see...it prints a the full solid background as if it were not transparent. how can i print it with the transparent effect i want? >-----Original Message----- >Stephanie what version of Publisher are y...

Unable to Print Timesheets in BP
We recently installed BP, PDK and Great Plains. We are experiencing significant difficulty in printing the beautiful looking timesheet that displays when hitting the "Print" button in Business Portal. The timesheet data basically bleeds off of the right hand side of the page even on legal. Has anyone experienced the same issue? We are required to submit timesheets to our customers withour invoices. I wish these were formated with the weeks in two one week rows rather than one two week period all the way accross. And that it fit on letter sized paper! What we currently ...

text size in reading pane
Where is the font selection / text size control for the Outlook 2003 reading pane (incoming emails)? I just bought a brand new dell with windows xp and all and I can't even increase the text size of incoming emails as I could with older versions of Outlook Express. I have been trying to figure this out for around 15 hours now and have come up empty. What kind of progress is this anyway???? A program rendered unable to accomplish such a simple practical thing like that!! Im very upset. My vision is poor. Unless I get an answer soon, I am considering a return of this unit to dell...

can't see text in any office files anymore
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel on my macbookpro: can't see text in any office files anymore (word, powerpoint, excel). only when using preview function from OSX. <br> what's wrong??? <br> do I have to re-install the all suite? any quick fix? ...

Save data before printing
Hello all, An acquiantence is programming in Excel 2003 and has a sheet where theuser enters receipt data. When he is done, he clicks a boton to copythe data from the sheet to another in tabular form withinthe same workbook. What he needs to do is to implement a lock so that the user can't print out the receipt until after he has clicked the boton. His button click event code is the following: Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Application.ScreenUpdating = False 'Copy data to BD2 sheet Sheets("BD2").Unprotect With Sheets("BD2").Range("A1000&qu...

Help Creating A Formula To Copy and Paste Text
Hi everyone. Thanks in advance for any help you may have. I need to create a formula that searches for a specific word in a column then cut the word and paste it to another column. Of course this would be simple if it was the only word in the column, but there is other text that I would like to remain in the orginal column.. Thanks again, Mary You have a reply at your other thread. Mary wrote: > > Hi everyone. Thanks in advance for any help you may have. > > I need to create a formula that searches for a specific word in a > column then cut the word and paste it to ...

Rich Text formatting in Access 2007
In Access 2007, is it possible to add rich text formatting to text in a memo field (or mixed formatting within any text field). I have just upgraded to the new version of Access, and it appears that this feature still has not been added. Is this correct? (If so, why?) If it is not possible to format individual words within a field in Access, , is there a simple, free add-in that will enable Access to do this kind of basic formatting, such as adding italic, bold, and underlining? Thanks very much for any information you may have. Bob Rich Text format for Memos in: Tables - Look in t...

Footnote text cannot be entered without mouse click
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Normally adding a footnote number automatically adds that number to the bottom of the page. A blinking text entry indicator normally allows me to enter the footnote text without any additional step. <br><br>However, today I wanted to add a footnote number after a word, and although the corresponding number correctly appears at the bottom of the page, and the blinking text entry indicator also appears ready to allow entering footnote text, yet when I try to type, nothing is entered. I must resort to ...

Add numbers accross columns after stripping away text
I have the following data in a spreadsheet: A1 B1 C1 D1 E1 F1 4.5f 6f 3.5f 3f 7.25f I need to be able to add the numbers together to give me 24.25, i.e. strip the fs away. The numbers will always be less than 10 and the there will only ever be .25 or.5 or .75 after the number (I don't know whether that is significant?). If anyone can show me how to do this I would be very grateful. I have been messing around with MID and FIND to no avail and then started thinking that SUMPRODUCT might have to get involved but it all got a bit m...

Execl print to fit paper
how do you set a group of cells to print to fit (maximize to one page size, normally 8 1/2 x 11) on one (and only one) page? Select the cells to be printed, then: <File> <PrintArea> <SetPrintArea> Then: <File> <PageSetUp> <Page> tab, Then click on: "Fit To" 1 page wide by 1 page tall, Then <OK>. -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! --------------------------------------------------------------------------- "...

Blacked-out fonts
Hi folks, help me keep the rest of my hair. Trying to create a PDF from a Publisher document, full of graphs and pie charts. On two of the charts, the font comes out as black blocks once saved to a PDF, though the others are ok. Have tried changing fonts and reducing the length of the horizontal axis by taking a few values out, but once saved to PDF again, the black blocks come back. Just thopse two graphs. Don't know if it's significant that it happens along the horizontal axis, but the fonts on the vertical axes of the others seem fine. Thank you SO much Trudy -- Thanks a...