printing semi transparent text boxes

I have a semi-transparent text box over a picture and every time i print i
get a grid pattern where the text box is? Why is that and how can i stop it?
This also happens when i create a semi-transparent shape. HELP!
0
april (32)

This will be a printer driver issue, and not an issue of Publisher.
There are no known issues with printing in any versions of Publisher.
No doubt you probably own a troublesome HP or Brother printer.

Combo box display
Using A2K, I have 2 combo boxes on a continuous form, cboCompany and cboDescription. After I make a selection in cboCompany, I would like to have only descriptions from cboCompany display for selection in cboDescription. In a query, I looked for descriptions from the form and cboCompany. This works for the first occurrence of the continuous form, but the same descriptions are displayed for each additional line even if a new company has been selected on cboCompany. How can I get this to work? Thank, Dan Hi danc09 After each selection of cboCompany you need to requery cboDecsription ...

Return All Record if Check Box is Blank
How would I return a subset of records if a form check box is checked but return all records if the check box is blank. The formcheck box is: [Forms]![frm_switchboard]![chk_rndm] The field [RandomMarker] can have the values of "Y" or Null only. The following SQL pulls the correct data when the check box is checked, but I recive an "OpenForm action was canceled" when the box is blank. How would I modify the query to pull all results ([RandomMarker]="Y" or Null) when the box is not checked? SELECT tbl_tt_trans.TransNo, tbl_tt_trans.Fac, tbl_tt_tran...

Print quote + export to word + save as + create note w/attach
Hi all, I would like to know if anybody has already done something similar, even using some (cheap) commercial program. The main goal is to add a button on the quote form (as explained previously in this group) that should: - invoke Crystal Report in a "silent mode" passing some parameters (quote ID, folder name to say where to put the exported report, etc.) and telling CR to export the report in Ms Word format to the folder specified; - create a note with the Word file attached. I am sure the last step is very easy, but I cannot figure out about the first one. I think that edi...

Help Needed: Can't print pictures in html emails (OL-2000)
Hi Group, I'm having a problem printing pictures imbedded in html emails received in Outlook 2000. The print preview function is dimmed, and perhaps it always was with html files, but I used to be able to print both the text and pictures. Now, only the text prints, and the images print as the familiar small box and cross icon. Maybe it is unrelated, but I recently upgraded from IE5 to IE6. Thanks for your help. -- Pete -------------------------------------- Lat: 42� 53' S Lon: 147� 19' E "What we have to learn to do, we learn by doing" (Aristotle) "To think too...

how do I completely remove print borders?
I'm trying to prepare a document to be 'printed' to pdf format, but I can't seem to get rid of the print borders. I've set the page margins to 0, tried setting the page background colour, but every time I print preview or print to pdf I get the white border round the edge of the page. Is there something I should be doing to remove this and make the print fill the entire page? Thanks James In Adobe Acrobat, document, pages, crop, check "remove white margins." -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.m...

Adding text in cells
I would like to add text to a cell just like using word. That is, being able to type a short line and hit return for the next line. Right now I can not have separate lines of text. I would like it to look something like this. The 1st stop is Dallas. Go to the top of the hill and turn right at the tee. Go 14 miles to the light and turn right again. Call me at 12:00 PM. And can parts of the text be bold or have color? Thanks, Art Type first line then hit Alt + ENTER to give a linefeed within the cell. Yes, you can boild and color text within a cell. In the formula bar select the part(s)...

How do I find and replace text with symbols?
I have a document in Publisher that has been imported from MS Word. A recurring symbol in the word document has translated to recurring "ü" in the Publisher document. Since there are many of these recurrences throughout the document, can I use the find and replace all feature to replace the "ü" with the correct symbol? If so, then how? If not, then how? Thanks. tafcdo <tafcdo@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I have a document in Publisher that has been imported from MS Word. A > recurring symbol in the word docu...

HELP!! Placeholder text for XML
Hi guyz, How can I manipulate programmatically to show placeholder text for all empty elements? I'm using c#. Thanks in advance. chinimimita wrote: > How can I manipulate programmatically to show placeholder text for all > empty elements? I'm using c#. Well where do you want to show a placeholder text for empty elements? How are you parsing the XML (XmlTextReader, XmlDocument, XPathDocument), what kind of output are you generating where you want placeholder text? -- Martin Honnen --- MVP XML http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/ Well I'm working on VSTO an...

Time from Text
We have a program at work that exports a text field from rotas as 1900-0700 or any variation of. I need to convert this into hours difference and also run across midnight. I've tried "=Right(A1,4)-Left(A1,4)", which gets me partially the way there, but not managed to progress beyond the very basics. I've played with the TIME function to no avail, i managed to achieve what i wanted over nine columns but that is ludicrous, any pointers, flashes of inspiration would be much appreciated. I'm prepared to put this into VBA later, but would rather have it as a calculation on th...

Requery Combo Box
Not sure if I am doing this correctly or not. I have a form that has several combo boxes on it that allow a user to pick a name from a list. I need to have the next combo box be requeried and not include the selection from the first box. This has to continue until four boxes have been selected. The table, tblDesignators, have the data that is in the combo box. For an example, it contains the names of people. The user selects a name from the first combo box that has a query behind it to select all the names. After the selection, the user moves onto the next box and selects a new n...

Why does blank pages print inside a booklet I created in Publisher
I created a booklet in publisher and when I print the booklet everything prints out okay except for the inside of the book, a blank page prints. Why, and what can I do to fix it so the following pages can print consistently. How many pages do you have in your booklet? It needs to be a multiple of 4. -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 "Publisher General Question" <Publisher General Question@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C503106-3A4E-4DD6-80F4-379DC1E88FEA@microsoft.com... >I c...

Full Text Indexing and Permissions
I working on a CRM 3.0 deployment that is built on Sql Server 2000 and Windows 2003 server. I want to create a report that looks for the frequency that individual products are mentioned in emails and this requires Full Text Indexing to be able to tune the search criteria. Now, to my knowledge, in SQL Server 2000 you can only index tables not views and it is too far into the project to goto SQL 2005. Am I right or is it possible in 2000? For now, I've added Full Text Indexing to the ActivityPointerBase table, including Description and Subject. My problem now is how to give permission to...

Combining text and date in one column
I have a very old spreadsheet originally created in Macintosh Works that has entries of either dates (mm/dd/yyyy), years (1986), or text in the cells. If I format the column to text, then my dates turn into numbers. If I format it to dates, then my numbers turn into incorrect dates. I can format and fix the original information, but how can I format the column for future entries? Thank you for the info. I understand how Excel can show the data in a date field if it's not a date and how it shows data in a text field if it is a date. The problem is that the original information i...

Composing in Plain Text for Specific Accounts
Is it possible to configure Outlook 2003 to automatically compose email messages in plain text for specific accounts? Regards, Kevin what do you mean by accounts? contacts? profiles? You can only set a default for each Outlook profile... When replying, Outlook will automatically reply in the same format it received in instead of the default setting... there is not an option though to make it choose one format over the other depending on whom you choose to send it to... >-----Original Message----- >Is it possible to configure Outlook 2003 to automatically compose email >...

How can I test the text content of a cell
I wish to create a logical test - an IF statement that tests whether a cell contains H, M or L, and output the result as a number. I cannot get the IF statement to recognise text as true or false - my Excel 2007 gives an error when I try to do something like IF(E9=H ....) is there a way to do this? =IF(E9="H" Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 16:43:01 -0700, catefaulkes <catefaulkes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I wish to create a logical test - an IF statement that tests whether a cell >contains H, M or L, and output the result as ...

Excel 2002 Printing
I am using an epson 820 printer. When I print in excel one or two columns are printing "blurry". I have tried alignment several times and it doesn't change. Printing in other applications is no problem. Hi Nannapat, This sounds exclusively like a printer a printer problem, which is probably not susceptible of an Excel solution. I would suggest that you download the latest drivers from the Epson site and check their FAQ's and troubleshooting pages. --- Regards, Norman "nannapat" <nannapat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BFA0FAA...

Text to column #2
Is there a quick way to separate the below column into letter and part#(hundreds of rows)? from: IC19-004-01 TRS30-000-01 C12-001-01 27-044-01 To: IC 19-004-01 TRS 30-000-01 C 12-001-01 27-044-01 Hi, Not the most elegant solution I'm afraid, but it appears to work. if your list starts in A1, then in B1 one enter: =IF(ISNUMBER(VALUE(MID(A1,1,1))),1,IF(ISNUMBER(VALUE(MID(A1,2,1))),2,IF(ISNUMBER(VALUE(MID(A1,3,1))),3,IF(ISNUMBER(VALUE(MID(A1,4,1))),4)))) in c1 enter =LEFT(A1,B1-1) and in d1 enter =RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-B1+1) Highlight cells b1, c1 and d1 and drag down th...

Business Card Print Alignment
My business cards look aligned properly in print preview but when they print there is no margin at the top. I've set the multiple cards per page at .5 top and .75 sides, no vertical or horiz. gaps. This is driving me nuts, any advice on what I need to do would help my sanity, thanks. Check your printer's setup. Make sure you are telling it what stock you are using. that could make a difference. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "kocoboy" <kocoboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

combo box, how to limit to client table
I have the following tables: CLIENT, EMPLOYEE, OFFICE LOCATION. I have a one to many relationship with the client> employee and client>office location. Now i can associate all the clients employees as well as the clients locations. On my employee form i would like to have a drop down box that shows all the clients office locations. so i can specify which office the employee is located. think i have to run a query, then limit the list to the client ID???? am i on the right track??? help thaks. bl -- brandon Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Fo...

Total unchecked check boxes
Hello, How do you sum unchecked check boxes? Thanks in advance, Ellen Add 1 to the field and sum them. =Sum([MyField]+1) -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "EllenM" wrote: > Hello, > How do you sum unchecked check boxes? > > Thanks in advance, > Ellen Thanks Duane! ...

getting a message box with the unc file path
I need help getting a message box with a unc file path to pop up(ie. \ \server1\folder1\file1) my current code is Sub whatisfilepath() MsgBox ActiveWorkbook.Path End Sub i need to know if it is possable to have a unc file path any help is good help. Untried as I don't have a network at home but.... Private Declare Function WNetGetConnection Lib "mpr.dll" _ Alias "WNetGetConnectionA" _ (ByVal lpszLocalName As String, _ ByVal lpszRemoteName As String, _ cbRemoteName As Long) As Long 'basics created by Frank Isaacs (www.DolphinTechnology.com/Frank) '1...

How do you print a white background on a transparency graphic?
I'm having trouble printing a white backround on a graphic. Even when it's filled with white, the print defaults to transparent. White never prints unless you have white toner, which is very doubtful. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "missy" <missy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AEC3CC98-50EC-4BD9-A1A5-2A6CE0D7A952@microsoft.com... > I'm having trouble printing a white backround on a graphic. Even when i...

Excel Column Widths When Printing
I have multiple ranges on the same page that I would like to print so that they look uniform when printed, however I'm noticing that there must be some amount of space excel allocates between columns when printing. I have one range that is 27 columns wide, but the sum of the column widths is 120. I have another range that is 13 columns wide, with the sum of the column widths at 120. Both ranges are set to auto fit to 1 page wide and auto pages long... The range that is 27 columns wide always prints out in a smaller font than the one that is 13 columns wide. Any sugge...

Duplex printing separate worksheets in the same workbook
Can anyone tell me how to set up configuration (if possible) to print worksheets in the same workbook duplexed on the printer. I have tried settings in the page setup and with the printer and so far have had no luck. any ideas? Tim ...

Print Vendor Item on PO
I am trying to add the Vendor Item field to the PO but can't seem to find it in Report Writer. I added the Item Vendor table but the field does not show up. Strange. Any ideas? I don't want to change the setup, as I still need our Item Number to show up, and this is just for one division. thanks b. barbola, Purchase order "Blank Paper" format is already printing the vendor item by default, if it was not printed then it was not orginally linked to the vendor and modified later on, try to create a new PO and print. Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MC...