printing Publisher mailmerge

When printing a large mailmerge file, Publisher spools the
job in sets of 10 pages at a time, instead of one job. I
get several jobs at the printer named Records 1-10,
records 11-20, records 21-30 etc. instead of the one job
name. I can't find any settings in Publisher to send one
complete job. I've tested it with 4 different printers and
it is always the same result. Is there anyway to turn off
this seeting?
0
anonymous (74722)

After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message
from David <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>...
> When printing a large mailmerge file, Publisher spools the
> job in sets of 10 pages at a time, instead of one job.

(Registry fix courtesy of KATMA)
Open registry using regedit.exe

Go to:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Publisher\Printing

Create new "string value" called:
NumberOfRecordsPerBatch

Double click and set a value for your batch size (0 might set an infinite
batch size - I'm not certain.  If 0 doesn't work, set a value greater than
the number of records that you have).

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

0
the_nerd (6342)

print -fit to custom page
I have a house design that needs to be tiled onto 6 pages. I have set the printer to use 6 tiled pages. I have locked and then dragged the design ot fit the page, but when I ask for the pruint preview, the design does not fill the sapce. any help wouold be approcetiated. Use a poster setup in page setup. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "margaret" <margaret@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E888D5F4-08F6-4DBB-8F80-5BA2FC95560E@microsoft.com... >I have a house design that needs to be tiled onto 6 pages. I have set the > printer to use 6 tiled p...

TWO VERSIONS OF PUBLISHER 2003
Somewhere I have seen 2 versions of Microsoft Publisher 2003. Publisher 2003 and Publisher 2003 Deluxe. Am I the only one who has seen this? If not, can someone tell me the difference between them? Can you tell me the prices of each or where I can find the information? Thanks in advance. "boyshanks" <boyshanks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7464AA09-15F3-48D6-BC07-D85EDF12E05B@microsoft.com... > > Somewhere I have seen 2 versions of Microsoft Publisher 2003. > > Publisher 2003 and Publisher 2003 Deluxe. > > Am I the only one who has...

retain prior years W2 forms so we can correctly print old W2s
We get many requests from employees for prior year W2s. We keep the 4-up laser forms but Great Plains does not keep the report formats for prior years W2s - only the current year. I would like the ability to keep prior year formats so we can print them correctly. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then cli...

Outlook 2003 not printing Heading in memo format
I have an end user, who when printing e-mails from Outlook, does not get the Header on print outs: User Name _________________________ From: Joe Smith Sent: Tuesday, November 28, 2006 11:30 AM To: John Jones Subject: My Subject Any ideas? Thank you in advance. NJ wrote: > I have an end user, who when printing e-mails from Outlook, does not > get the Header on print outs: > I uninstalled IE7 and that resolved the issue. Please report this to Microsoft. It is in an Internet Explorer 7 "undesirable feature". Only a few people have reported it as a problem. -- D...

publisher is not printing what do i do? office 2003
I can not print from ms publisher, can some one please help?, every time i have to print from publisher i have to change to a word file. Ta Julian Is your printer driver current? Check with the manufacturer's web site. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "trintiy property" <trintiy property@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B6AF12A9-B5AB-421A-A5BA-2AF1A6CE5031@microsoft.com... > I can not print from ms publisher, can...

can't print page size bigger than 1x1.4m
Despite the layout & printer paper size being 41"x230". Running to a 42" HP5000 Try from your printer manufacturer a new printer driver. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Andy T" <Andy T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:56617CD4-8754-4D20-AA42-43597A7D56E0@microsoft.com... > Despite the layout & printer paper size being 41"x230". > Running to a 42" HP5000 Make a copy of your document and retry ( safe under another name). First delete half of the pictures and try again. If that works, then edit all the pictures again to ...

Printing to a network printer in Publisher 2003
When I try to print to a network printer in Publisher 2003 I get the following error messages "Publisher cannot continue printing because of an error. For more information, press F1" followed by "Please choose another printer. Publisher cannot find the printer \\printserver\printershare for this publication. To select a different printer, click OK. To return to Publisher now, click Cancel." All my other Office XP products print fine as do non-microsoft apps. Can anyone shed any light on this? neilvilla wrote: > When I try to print to a network printer in Publi...

Word Art Box in Publisher 2003
How do you put a color fill in the word art box? Draw a shape, fill it and send it behind the WordArt. Or copy the Wordart, paste special as a .wmf, ungroup and fill the background. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Frimmy" <Frimmy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4CD53D80-C811-4DC4-B7D1-34460FD44709@microsoft.com... > How do you put a color fill in the word art box? ...

How do I register a browser to show HTML in Publisher?
When I try to preview my web page in Publisher by useing the menu bar I get the message "You do not currently have a browser program registered to show HTML (.HTM) files. I can't find where to register my browser in any of the pull down menus. Thanks for your help Jim How to change file associations in Windows XP http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307859 -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "jimb100" <jimb100@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E90DF848-31FF-43D7-BA80-12...

How do I print each persons name on membership cards Pub 2003
I have Micro 2003 Office pro. Can anyone using 'step by step' tell me how to print membership cards with each persons name on each one. Instead of a sheet all the same. I have a card design I wish to use and the names are all on excel though can transfer them of course. I need step by step as not 100% computer literate I don't use "Mail Merge" myself so can't directly help but the Help files may list its use, if Micro has it. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Glen" <Glen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9F4F4DF0-6DDA-4212-960B-63...

Publish Probles and System Configuration
Hi, We are using Sever 2003. We are experiencing problems to publish projects (updates just not refelcted in the PWA) and resources (MSP_VIEW_RES_ENT is not updated with new resources). Whenever it happens our system people do 3 things: 1. Shrink the DB 2. Check that the ViewNotes service is up 3. Clean the VIEWDROPS folder This remedy helps for a very short time. An external consultant experting in the system aspect of Project Server diagnosed the problem as follows: The fact that the ViewNotes service and the DB are on the same machine prevents the service from being raised ...

Booklet printing #5
I am nearing finalization of a booklet comprising 8 sheets, 32 pages and have been printing draft copies at the local OfficeMax. Now I want to print the booklet with different weight paper for the cover sheet and internal pages. What is the better way to schedule the print? Use a separate publication for the cover. Are you printing the booklet yourself? Some printers have the option of printing the first page on different stock. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "PatJennings" <pfjennings@charter.net&...

publisher 2007 freezing
When i open publisher and try to open a file the program freezes on me. help Any errors? Do you have a default printer selected in the printer folder? Is the driver current? Is your video/graphics driver current? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "hiveworx" <hiveworx@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2E583485-94FF-4872-A310-384D16FA9977@microsoft.com... > When i open publisher and try to open a file the program freezes on me. help ...

Excel Printing #6
Hi, I have a couple of users that got new machines with XP Pro and MS Office 2003 pro. They did have MS Office XP Pro. On some of the spreadsheets there are highlighted cells, and underlined cells, these are 1 page accounting reports. They used to print fine, but now under 2003 the shading and underlines are misaligned. I tried it from a few machines to a couple of HP printers and got the same results. The files are on a network. Both workstations have the latest service packs and security patches for Windows and Office. When you view the spreadsheet it looks OK. Any thoughts? Tha...

"Waiting..." Dialog Box after print call?
Hey. I was wondering if people get a "Waiting..." pop-up dialog box when printing. It only happens when there is a whole lot on the screen to print. It occurs after the Printing Properties Window disappears. The problem is, the "Waiting..." dialog appears on the printed document. Is there a way to set this not to pop-up? I looked at OnPrint, OnDraw, etc. and did not see anything on it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks... It depends on how you are obtaining the bitmap. If you are grabbing the screen bitmap, for example, you you should grab it before you...

How to print worksheets of the same name in different workbooks without opening
How to print worksheets of the same name in different workbooks without opening each one? -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com open with a loop>print>close -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "leon m via OfficeKB.com" <forum@nospam.OfficeKB.com> wrote in message news:c8b68ead308a4c6487ba89e51726eece@OfficeKB.com... > How to print worksheets of the same name in different workbooks without > opening each one? > > -- > Message posted via http://www.officekb.com ...

With printer that has both side printing ability, how do I get a.
I am using a printer that can print front and back sides. How should I set up 2 xcell docuents to be side 1 and side 2 on the same sheet of paper. ...

Published web-page not visible on Google/Yahoo Search
I run a 2003 Publisher and I've used it for preparing my homepage. When I search for the content of the site using Google or any other search facility the site does not show up.Why is that ? It takes awhile for search engines to find new web pages. I do an organization web site that has been on the Internet for almost six years, it took two years to get recognized in a search engine unless one specific word was used in the search. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Sigsgaard" <Sigsgaard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ADC3B047-F7A6-479D-A513-04...

jpeg image does not appear in Publisher
Have tried the 'picture frame' route and direct insert. The external handles of the image appear but not the image itself. Same prob with gif. Corel Draw is OK. First time I've used Publisher View, pictures, detailed display... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Newperson" <Newperson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:306B4582-1882-4EAB-A420-EA17187CB6D6@microsoft.com... > Have tried the 'picture frame' route and direct insert. The external handles > of the ...

How to print selection of my contact list (ph. name,address,email)
I wish to print a list of some of my contacts, with only some of the information I have listed for each of them ie name address ph and email plus notes. I have tried to do a distribution list this seems to give me some of the info though not all I require. A DL will give you none of the information you need. Most users customize Contact printouts by using a mail merge. So should you. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Bill B" <BillB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65F4940B-0DE0-4310-838C-9D88B2DD2543@microsoft.com... >I wish to print a list of some of ...

Long publisher page (33") sent as email and problem w/ MS2007 Outl
I have a Publisher 2007 newsletter that is 8.5x33". I do the "send as message" option. The enewsletter looks fine in my web-based email reader (NetZero). However, in Outlook, it chops the newsletter in two. The first ~17" are fine, then a large white gap (~10"), then the rest of the newsletter. Is this a Publisher or Outlook problem. Is there a fix for long newsletters? I tried "select all" and "paste" into Word, but that only lets you change page length to 22". I also tried "select all" and "paste" into a ne...

Printing Task List
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange When I try to print using the Print, Incomplete Task List, and selecting the Table Style, the printout always includes the LInk Icon, Status, Due Date, etc. I cannot turn those off in the print dialog box because they are greyed out. I have removed them from the task window and only have the Task, the Due Date and the Category. Still wants to print all the rest. The problem is having all of these things printed causes the Task title to be truncated. <br><br>Please help. Doe...

Print ppt 2007 handouts; remove page numbers from footer
Client is setting up handouts with three slides on the page. The default setting is to have a page number appear in the footer, as well as the date in the header. When in print preview, selecting Options, we found that using a "Fixed" date and deleting the date removed the date from the header; however, unchecking the page number box will NOT remove the page number from the footer. Checking footer and leaving it empty also was unsuccessful at removing the page number from the lower right corner of the page. Any suggestions? If you go to the handout master and dr...

In Publisher I cannot get the picture to appear on the screen
Apparently your text won't appear either. Anyway...does it help if you go to... View / Pictures / Detailed Display? -- John Inzer If John's suggestion isn't the answer, read the third FAQ here Q: Why can I not see images/shapes/lines when editing my publication? http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "John Inzer" <oobie@doobie.xyz> wrote in message news:%23udTEzrgGHA.3652@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Apparently your text won't appear either...

2 Word Problems with Word's Printed Watermarks
Hello there! I have a bit of a couple of Word problems relating to watermarks I hope someone out there can help me with. I am very frustrated trying to figure them out. 1. I'm trying to insert a printed watermark (Format/Background/Printed Watermark) on a document. On two particular templates (any documents based on them), however, the option is grayed out and I'm unable to use it because the feature is disabled. I have tried in all different views. I have tried turning this feature off (Tools/Options/Save and deselecting that option), but it keeps turning itself...