Printing pubisher documents saved on different computers

I have created and saved a publisher document using Publisher 2003 on my
computer, saved it to CD and printed it using another computer. The text
appears not to fit into the text boxes and often text is lost.

Cn I prevent this happening in any way?

many thanks

--
ROY
0

See if copying to the hard drive and then printing makes a difference. Do both
computers have the same fonts installed?

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"ROY" <ROY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have created and saved a publisher document using Publisher 2003 on my
> computer, saved it to CD and printed it using another computer. The text
> appears not to fit into the text boxes and often text is lost.
>
> Cn I prevent this happening in any way?
>
> many thanks
>
> --
> ROY

0
mary-sauer (6480)

Controlling printed records when report bound to multiple tables
I created a report that uses the control from a form to generate a report based on that record's primary key. This form also has a subform which has relationships tied to the primary key for record identification and is linked to the main table. When preview the report the data from the subform either does not show up in the preview when using the filter [control]=[form]![control].[value] or makes multiple copies of the report equal to the number of entries in the subform's table. Is there any way around this? I have tried queries but have not found a way to use a f...

when i save a file that i have worked on, excel7 closes down work.
i have recently purchased office pro 2007. Excel 2007, when i save a filethat i have worked on, excel closes down and work is lost, done all updates, re installed from disc, please help i have lost 2 hours of work this moring that i need for a report a few questions: 1. what happens with save as? 2. what happens in safe mode? (hold shift key while starting excel) 3. do you have add-ins? 4. what operating system? x64? -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "rob" <rob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0483F09B-3289-42B4-8849-0C0A61380B11@mic...

Receive mails from one adr. to several computers
Hello. I have a problem receiving mails from one adr. to 5 computers in a network. One of the computers get's all the mails. They should all receive the mails. All the machines run's win Xp and office Xp. Outlook on all computers are set to store the mails on the server, even though they have been received on a computer. When I check my WebMail, the messages are still there! Please help. Nima ...

Permissions is not allowing me to use my print preview.
Help! Don't understand My Permission in Excel. Even though I unrestrict, it still doesn't allow me to Preview my documents. How do I reset? Please Help, ...

Just saved file, cannot be found. ?
Even Global search ? Win 7 ... Whatz up? if you saved it, it should be in the mru list? what version of excel are you using? -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "Boswell" <Boswell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9D6ED74-ABC5-469D-9572-2D8AE93F36CD@microsoft.com... > Even Global search ? > > Win 7 ... > > Whatz up? one other question, how did you open it, outlook email? if that's the case, search will never find it. it is probably here: C:\Users\Your user name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Intern...

Line Graph with two different data points
Hello, I am trying to create a line chart with numbers from my product Vs a competitor. The problem i am having is how can i make a chart that will have four data points comparing to each other? For example Product A- 1.5 1.2 1.6 1.8 Product B- 2.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Product A- 70% 20 % 30% 67% Product B- 65% 30% 65% 55% How do i get all of these numbers on one chart? Is a line chart correct. I want to see these numbers compared?? Thank you so much Hi, Since the number don't appear related to the percentages you might plot them on the same chart but two different axes. If they were relate...

Printing in excel always comes out in bold even tho bold not on
When I print in excel my work always comes out in bold even though the bold is not switched on. Any suggestions?? It could be a printer setting. Does it print in bold from other applications? Regards, Fred "Scarlett50" <Scarlett50@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DF3BAEA1-4D22-449E-BB8F-31DD8855AF20@microsoft.com... > When I print in excel my work always comes out in bold even though the > bold > is not switched on. Any suggestions?? No only when I have to type a report in excel - the actual report is ok on other computers! but...

Printing in reverse order
I have printed out nearly 500 letters to be mailed out using mailmerge and publisher. I would like to not run them through the printer again and print address info on the reverse side so they can be run through a folding machine and mailed out. PROBLEM: the list and the pages are in reverse order and since I merged personal info on one side, the address side must correspond. Can publisher print out in reverse? I have tried copies from 500 - 1 but it still print from 1 - 500. The original list was not sorted in any manner, it was exported from a database. Suggestions please... TIA R...

Having different gap widths among bars
Hi, I tried to 2 different gap widths among yearly bars and monthly bars. No success. Any resolution or a better way to handle this kind of presentation? Advice is greatly appreciated. MW Do you want a bunch of years to the left, and a bunch of months to the right? Put your months on the secondary axis, and include lots of blanks in the beginning of the series data range, so the months pile up toward the right. Include blanks at the end of the yearly series data range to push those bars to the left. Right click the chart, choose Chart Options, and click on the Axes tab. Check th...

Publisher 2003
I'm attempting to print a calendar and I keep getting the message, "Cannot load the printer driver." I have no idea what that means other than I'm unable to print my calendar. Anyone have any ideas? I get the same message whenever I try to print a card I've created. HELP! -- The computer has been chucked out the picture window and the birds are nesting in it. *sigh* Merrie wrote: > I'm attempting to print a calendar and I keep getting the message, > "Cannot load the printer driver." I have no idea what that means > other than I'm una...

saving/moving outlook files
I need to re-format my hard drive and re-install my OS after being infected with a trojan. How do I download my Outlook files to a disk and then move them back to my hard drive? ...

Outlook access on 2 computers ???
Hello all, I'm currently running Outlook 2002 (Office XP) on my Desktop in my home office with XP Home as the OS. I'll soon be taking this desktop to a new office and purchasing a laptop for home use. This new laptop will have XP Home as the operating system as well and will likely have Outlook 2000 (unless I purchase another newer version of Outlook). My question is: Is it possible to have the same access to my Outlook folders (inbox, sent items, contacts, calendar, etc...) on both my home laptop and my desktop that'll be in my office? I'll be working from my new office m...

Can you have both Office 2004 and Office 2008 on your computer?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: intel I was wondering before I install Office 2008 if I can keep Office 2008 on my computer as well. I know you can do this with the windows versions (office 2003 and office 2007). On 3/28/08 11:51 00AM, in article ee967d0.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "mlejay@officeformac.com" <mlejay@officeformac.com> wrote: > > I was wondering before I install Office 2008 if I can keep Office 2008 on my > computer as well. I know you can do this with the windows versions (office > 2003 and office 2007). I'm s...

Multiple views Single Document MDI
Hi Folks, I have a situation where I need 4 views in my application. All the 4 views should co exist and shall be updated independently/ simultaneously. I searched the forum and all I got was how to create multiple views for a SDI and for MDI creating multiple document templates and make them refer to a single document . I dont know whether creating multiple document templates is a good solution as I read somewhere it is not an optimal solution. Is there any simple/optimal method by which I can go on adding a view for the document? If possible please paste a link to the sample application....

printing group of charts
I have workbook with 11 charts, each on separate chart sheet and I want to print them to PDF. I can not have them printed to one file. Instead they are splitted in 6 files, some with single page, other with 6 pages. I can not find out what is causing it. Can I somehow print to PDF and have one file created ? Thanks for help. Tony I have solved my problem. I had to push the page setup for all charts to be the same and now all is working well. I had to change the page sizes for all to A3 and than back to A4 to push excell to see that they are all the same. Tony "Tony" wrote:...

Save as JPEG: no margins
Hi. Using Visio 2003, I saved a drawing as JPEG. However, I would like to have margins around the shapes. How can I achieve this? TIA Draw a rectangle around everything. Give it no fill. Set the line transparency to 100%. Now export to .jpg. You should get your margins! -- Hope this helps, Chris Roth Visio MVP "Nananana" <dnoam@il.ibm.com> wrote in message news:1109939419.419015.242110@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > Hi. > Using Visio 2003, I saved a drawing as JPEG. > However, I would like to have margins around the shapes. > How can I achieve this? ...

save a resualts calculation in one column
Dear members, I have one problem for save and record for resualts of calculation on formula in cells of one column.any time i repeat calculation, th resualt save in first cell(link cell) and not move to below cell ,i the other word ,i want for any calculation by formula resualts save i next cell(without change of last try ). Thanks ras_mi -- ras-mi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ras-mir's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1537 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26994 Hi r...

Is it possible to create a .pdf document with Excell that will di.
I am new to Excell. I would like to create a .pdf biogrtaphical document that will be sent to a selective group of readers for completion of the blank spaces and returned for cataloging and archiving. Can this be done with Excell. I cannot get past the document title: each time I attempt to backspace with an arrow to correct something the line is deleted. Are there simple instructions for developing forms with Excell? Bob, Two things Go to the cell you want and enter the text you wish to have. If you want to use the arrow key to move the cursor to edit the text, press the &qu...

Hyperlink to Documents
hi Is it possible to have a hyperlink to a document in a shared drive in CRM 4.0? Regards CRM_2008 it's possible. You can use html code <ahref>sherepath</a> in appropriate place to display in hyperlink. If you share exactly where you wanted to implement I can throw more details. Thx Rakesh N "CRM 2008" wrote: > hi > > Is it possible to have a hyperlink to a document in a shared drive in CRM 4.0? > > Regards > CRM_2008 Thanks so much Rakesh and apologies for the delay in response. I want to have fields on contacts and accounts where a user...

Publisher 2007 printing problem
I have a publisher file 6x4 template. When I try to print on a 4x6 photo paper instead of 1 page landscape it prints 2 in portrait. No mater what I do seems to change this. First, File Print setup Size: 4x6 Portrait OK Then, File Page Setup Special Size Width: 6" Height: 4" Landscape OK Build your project Save File Print -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "tomincolorado" <tomincolorado@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7CC2310B-E932-459A-94A2-45E96D530FC7@microsoft.com... >I have a publisher file 6x4 ...

Printing single Lable from address record in CRM
I have a client that wants to put a lable printer on a specific workstation where the user is creating or retrieving contact records. The desire is once the record is found the user would then be able to print an address lable locally for that single record. Anyone have any experience with this type of funtion. The Client is on MS CRM 3.0. Al Pemberton ...

advice on computers #2
--_NextPart_00009724-00001C44-0519D4CC-0F06 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I earned 5 times my salary in my spare time by following the 10 Steps to Major Wealth system I found it at www.a1yes.net --_NextPart_00009724-00001C44-0519D4CC-0F06-- ...

Font Issues with New Computer
I got a new laptop last week. Putting some new forms and features ina pre-existing Access 2000 database and am having some very strangeissues.My old laptop was XP Pro and I got XP Pro on the new laptop as well.I am running Access 2000 SP3 like I was before. I also have Office2003 on this same computer like I did before as well.#1 - MS Sans Serif is no longer available to me to select in the fontdrop down box in design view for forms or reports.#2 - I had been using MS Sans Serif quite a bit but since it isn'tavailable I changed to Tahoma, then Arial. The forms look fine on myscreen but ...

problem while printing to hp 1220c
I am getting an error msg. mspub.exe has encountered a problem and I have the option to ignore or close. If I close I get an illegal operation error. If I click ignore at least 12 times my document will print. This happens when printing to an hp deskjet 1220c connected to the lpt1 port. I'm using win98 with a celeron 600 and 192mb ram. I've reinstalled publisher and have current printer drivers. Any help would be great. Thanks Norm can you please type out what the error message contents of the illegal error. -- The US should free all those illegally held prisoners they ar...

Batch printing without prompts
Hi, I have a lot of excel files which I highlight and print by right clicking in explorer - however after printing each file it asks if I want to "save changes" - how can I stop this prompt every time - it annoying trying to print 200 files. Regards JS I think I'd use a macro to get the filenames, open, print and close without saving. Something like: Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim myFileNames As Variant Dim iCtr As Long Dim wkbk As Workbook myFileNames = Application.GetOpenFilename _ (filefilter:="Excel Files, *.xls&qu...