printing problems #9

I recently downloaded a trial version of Microsoft Publisher to see if I
would be able to use it in my office to create templates.  I created several
templates that I liked but then was unable to print the trial version.  Can
trial publications be printed?  If I click on the Print, Print Preview, Page
Setup, or convert to PDF buttons, I get the message "To print or preview a
publication, at least one printer must be installed on the system".  I print
from this computer every day from Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and other
programs without a problem.  How do I install a printer that Publisher can
recognize?  Thank you.

This solution was published sometime ago. It may help you. It refers to 2003 but
it probably will work for 2007 as well. You needn't install the suggested
printer here, I think any alternative printer driver will work.

A workaround.(This is for folks with Dell Printers or might work with other
printers as well) Posted by Phil.

Go to settings, printer folder, add an HP IIP printer, set it as the
default.When in Publisher,2003 Go to file and print and select the Dell printer.

This is actually a Lexmark printer,  and the same problem exists for them as
well.

Posted by Mark Clifton.
Same BROTHER problem.  I can print to other printers but not Brother.  I
contacted Brother and they were no help and blamed it all on Microsoft.  I
TRICKED IT into working.

Hope this works for someone else:  I went to (printers) and selected a new
default printer.  I used an old one (Panasonic kxp-1624) Then I hit print
preview and it finally showed a preview.  Then I minimized that screen and

went back to printer and defaulted back to Brother, then brought back up the
minimized preview screen from publisher and hit PRINT. It worked, and now it
seems to recognize Brother without going thru it each time.  My Brother was an
mfc-240c.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Ali B." <Ali B.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I recently downloaded a trial version of Microsoft Publisher to see if I
> would be able to use it in my office to create templates.  I created several
> templates that I liked but then was unable to print the trial version.  Can
> trial publications be printed?  If I click on the Print, Print Preview, Page
> Setup, or convert to PDF buttons, I get the message "To print or preview a
> publication, at least one printer must be installed on the system".  I print
> from this computer every day from Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and other
> programs without a problem.  How do I install a printer that Publisher can
> recognize?  Thank you.

0
mary-sauer (6480)

Problem with vba directory function
Hi We have an access application that has a button when clicked opens an excel worksheet showing all exported data based on code The access sql system is in Citrix with a single front end copy. Here is the code part that is throwing the error for just one user. Rest all are working fine Dim strSourceFileName As String Dim WorkBookName As String strSourceFileName = "c:\CarLogOutPut\CarLogExportTemplate.xls" WorkBookName = "c:\CarLogOutPut\CarLogExport.xls" If Dir(strSourceFileName) = "" Then MsgBox "CarLogExportTemplate.xls doe...

Connection Problem 03-20-08
Hello I'm new to access programming so I'm probably making some obvious mistake. The following code comes from 'Beginning Access 2003 VBA' by Denise Cosnell. On page 130 of the book you can read: 1. Create a new database by selecting File ?New ?Blank Database and specifying Ch5CodeExamples as the filename. 2. Create a new table in the database by selecting Tables from the Database Window and clicking the Design button. Alternatively, you can select the New button and then choose Design View from the list. The table should be named tblContacts and should have the fields i...

default appointment times problems
When i re-open outlook and go to the calender, all the appointments times have changed to 1am on the start day - 1am on the day after it waqs meant to finish. So a 12 day appointment is now shown as over 2 days. How do you change the default appointment time settings so an appointment which is just typed into the day is from 9am - 5pm for example and will stay as a 1 day event when opening and closing outlook? All day events are 12 -12, not 9-5. If you want it 9-5, you need to make it for 9-5. All day appointment change to 1 -1 if you change the time zone or DST settings aft...

how do i print a smaller image of my saved document?
I forgot how to do this. My age is taking its toll! Don't blame age, as I don't think Word has any built-in way to do this unless you're thinking of the Zoom feature in the Print dialog, which allows you to print multiple pages per sheet. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "wallyb" <wallyb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B90FC4B-6B36-4BF0-99C4-8A099673B6EE@microsoft.com... >I forgot how to do this. My age is taking its toll! > ...

Please help me solve my problem
Hi, I Have a cell say a1 that has a continuously changing number it in and I want to track the highest number that it prints, and the same for the lowest number in cell a2. I would like these results to show up in the cells below them Im very new to programming and your help would be much appreciated many thanks Sacha David On Mar 5, 1:01=A0pm, Sacha David <sach1...@googlemail.com> wrote: > Hi, =A0I Have a cell say a1 that has a continuously changing number it > in and I want to track the highest number that it prints, =A0and the > same for the lowest number i...

Printing from a Master page
I am trying to print a document and the text area is overprinted in black. Anyone know how to correct that? Might think about a printer driver update. Is this only happening on one publication? What version Publisher? Not sure I understand what is happening. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "sherlynn" <sherLynn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6169A241-2AE6-4DD7-A932-E5432A55C777@microsoft.com... >I am trying to print a document and the text area is overprinted in black. > Anyone...

Problem moving mailbox between administrative groups
Hi there, We have a big problem. We need to move mailboxes from one adm group to other, and at ramdom we receive a MAPI Error Error moving messages CN=testuser,CN=users,dc=machine,dc=company,dc=com The MAPI call failed MAPI or an unspecified service provicer ID no: 80004005-0000-00000000 The Exchange 2000 organization is in native mode (All E2K) Any thoughts. Thanks in advance -- Gabriel N Argentina ...

Copy / Paste of Floorplan shapes in Visio Automation problems
Hi All I am working on a .Net (FW1.1) application that has a hosted Visio drawing control. Copy and paste from most existing Visio drawings to this hosted control works fine. The exception to this rule is Visio floorplans, where copying and pasting of most shapes is OK, but walls go totally screwed up (all over the screen, nothing like their original shape, etc). Our client needs to be able to copy and paste the floorplans into this container control without the walls breaking; they have a large investment already made i.t.o. existing floorplans. Page scaling and size is the same as the exi...

dropdown list problem for newbie
i have a column(A) where each cell is a dropdownlist(same list). if person chooses an item from that list...can it return a correspondin value? example: my drop down list corresponding value animal 005 building 1174 vehicle 3345 so for a specific cell...lets say A1, i choose building from th dropdown. i want it to return a value of 1174 in cell A1. is this possible? if so please help? thx eri -- enag ----------------------------------------------------------------------- enags'...

IHTMLDocument::Write method problem
Hello EveyOne I am using IHTMLdocument and its method. My aim is to extract the body of a IHTMLDocument after loading the local html page ( saved file ) to IHTMDocument. So I just read the file into buffer , created a safe Array and used IHTMLDocument::write method to write the contents of a file to IHTMLDocument. It worked fine for many web pages, But when I tried it for web page http://www.microsoft.com/isapi/redir.dll?prd=ie&ar=windowsmedia application became NOt Responding.When I debugged the application , I found that the IHTMLDocument::write method never returned and thats why my ap...

Excel: When printing some cells will not print text in them
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) When I print an Excel 08 spread sheet, two of the cells that have text in them will not print the text in the cell. All the other cells with text prints fine. The text does not even show up on print preview in the print dialogue box. Any suggestions on how to get it to include the text in these two cells? ...

sharing problem
Hi there, I have a strange problem. I have 13 exchange users an Exchange 2000 (english) All the users were migrated when I installed Exchange 1 year ago. a month ago 2 users left and were replaced by 2 others so I added them to exchange. All users are using Outlook 2000 (dutch) and are sharing their calendar. When I share the calendar of the 2 new people everybody gets the share in their outlook but when they open it it gives an error that it can't open the share. The strange thing is also that thier shares are in dutch (postbus) and all other shares are in english. I made a workaround b...

Problems consuming a webservice in Excel2003
Hi, I am not a MS-Office expert but have been tasked with trying something new to me. If there is a better place to ask this question, please feel free to point me to it. I have built a Webservice in Delphi 2007. It works fine with a client built in D2007 and with a generic webbased client. Now I would like to consume it using Excel 2003. The final goal is to fill a statistics spreadsheet with a set of indicators calculated from inside a separate system. I have installed the Web Services Toolkit and followed the quick walkthrough in: http://weblogs.asp.net/erobillard/archive/2005/07...

"Alt - I
About two weeks ago when I was trying to insert a row I found that my "Alt - I - R" function was not working. After asking around, I found this has happened to other people. Can anyone help tell me what I have done or how to fix this problem...so that I can use "Alt - I - R" in order to insert a row? Thanks, Doug Doug If the worksheet protection is enabled ALT + I + R along with many other commands will not be available. Check at Tools>Protection. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 2 May 2005 16:57:04 -0700, "Doug" <Doug@discussions.microsoft.com>...

How do I print a font list using font name in the fonts?
I want to print a list of all of the fonts that I have using that particular font. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/FontSampleGenerator.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Rich641" <Rich641@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB860C6E-32E3-4C5F-B695-0B479B9BE4CF@microsoft.com... >I want to print a list of all of the fonts that I have using that >particular > font. > ...

Check Validation Printing
I am using Epson TM-U375 receipt printers at my POS and whenever I try to tender a check, I get the following error: Run-time error '5'; Invalid procedure call or argument. The POS then shuts down and I have to restart it. I have isolated this error to the check validation printing function, as the error only occurs if I turn on validation printing through the check tender types screen. I have logged this error with Microsoft and Epson, and Microsoft acknowledges this to be a known issue with the Epson TM-U375, Epson TM-U325, and Ithaca brand receipt printers. The only workar...

Problem with CSocket.Create() on windows 2003
Hii i'm creating a CSocket object and calling its Create Method in a DLL and call this dll from an asp page..but i get an exception on Create(). This only happens with Windows 2003. the code is working fine with windows 2000 server. Also when i created a simple MFC dialog based application (exe) and called .Create() for it there..it worked fine even on 2003. Can someone please tell me if there is any issue with the CSockets in windows 2003 calling in a dll and how can it be resolved. I've also tried using CAsyncSocket but the problem persists. Any help is appreciable. Thanx and regard...

Exchange 2003 SP2 Install Problem
Hi, I've experienced this problem with three different SBS 2003 servers. When I install Exchange 2003 SP2 it fails to stop the EXIFS service and this causes the installation to fail. I did think it could be related to GFI Mail Essentials or Security but I've uninstalled both and it still fails. Any ideas? Thanks, Joe On Fri, 5 May 2006 14:25:29 +0100, "Spenceley" <joe@response-it.co.uk> wrote: >Hi, > >I've experienced this problem with three different SBS 2003 servers. > >When I install Exchange 2003 SP2 it fails to stop the EXIFS service...

Report Not Printing
We are running version 3.0 of CRM and I have one workstation that cannot print reports presently. My workstation works fine so far it seems only isolated to the one workstation. What happens is they get the report up on the screen but when they hit the print button they get an error on page. The details on the error are similar to below. Line: 20 Char: 4 Error: Object doesn't support this property or method Code: 0 URL: http://ddcrm/ReportServer?%2fDesigner+Doors_MSCRM% 2fCustomer+Acceptance+Resolved+Issues&Resolveddate=10%2f1% 2f08&rs%3aCommand=Get&rc% 3aGetImage=8.00.1...

Form/ subform link problems
My parent form holds information about a part and my subform holds ordering information for that part. Up to now I have linked the child to the parent via PartID : RecordID and Component Name : Component name. This is great as it shows the component name on the subform after it has been found on the parent form. The only problem with this is if the user changes the component name it does not keep the order information for the same item with the old name. I want to link purely on the partID : RecordID so that whatever else is changed the order information history still shows. When I do t...

Copy setup and master on GP 9.0
Does any one know how to copy all setup and master tables from the existing company to a new company? The GP version is 9.0 and SQL Server is 2005. I found following KB article, but it is for GP 8.0 https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;872709 Thanks, Hiroshi ------=_NextPart_0001_55418947 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hiroshi, You are correct. KB article 872709 "How to copy setup tables from one company to another in Great Plains" will work. It works for both 8.0 and 9.0. If you need help on how to copy tables, there...

CRM 1.2 Mail Router Problem

Hyperlink problem
I have created a page in Publisher 2002 and trying to add hyperlinks within the text box. I have followed the procedure, but when I email the page to test it, the link does not work. I can get the hyperlink to work on an object, but not in the text box. Can you help please? Thanks -- Just Me ...

Office has problems rendering Mrs. Eaves font
Hi, I'm seeing an issue where the Office apps (at least Word and Powerpoint) does not render the Mrs. Eaves font (from Emigre) properly. I am using the Postscript Type 1 version of it. The issue is that the space character doesn't seem to actually put a space in between the letters. The words just run into each other. Here are some screen shots: Mrs. Eaves: http://www.peterskim.org/images/mrseaves.jpg Bookman Old Style: http://www.peterskim.org/images/bookman.jpg Is anyone else seeing this problem? Would updating my font to the OpenType format make it work? Thanks! Peter Sorry, ...

conversion problem
I am trying to convert a file type: File to Excel and then import into Access. I have a field that has some numbers in it, some numbers in the column come across as 3.123232323E + 11, or 2.34343434 E +11 Do you know what would cause this? The rest of the data converts perfect. Please advise. Thanks, Misty -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com What is the data type of the field that holds these unusual values? Perhaps what you're seeing is simply a matter of the format in which Access is displaying the value (it looks like scientific notation to me...) Regards Jeff Boyc...