Printing Postcards with Avery 8387 paper

I'm using Publisher 2000.  I've created my own design for a post card.  When the post card prints, it prints two postcards.  I'm using Avery 8387 paper which is preferated for 4 post cards.  How do I change the format so that it will print 4 post cards instead of 2.
0
anonymous (74722)

Hi BLAZJAR23@AOL.COM (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com),
in the newsgroups
you posted:

|| I'm using Publisher 2000.  I've created my own design for a post
|| card.  When the post card prints, it prints two postcards.  I'm
|| using Avery 8387 paper which is preferated for 4 post cards.  How do
|| I change the format so that it will print 4 post cards instead of 2.

Go to File > Print > Page Options > Custom Options > and set the margins and
gaps to 0"

--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Office Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

0
publisher (1244)
2/23/2004 9:20:26 PM
I have the same question about printing business cards on
Avery 8371.  I haven't been able to find the answer. Any
help out there?

0
anonymous (74722)
2/24/2004 3:28:36 AM
Create a single card.

Then to print:

File
  Print
    Page Options button
      "Print Multiple copies per sheet" option
        "Custom Options" button
          Referring to your card stock, fill in the Margins and Gaps
 (Usually the Gaps are 0")
OK your way out
Print

Save the file and all of the setting will be saved for the next time you
need some cards.

--
Don
--------

"S Wilson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have the same question about printing business cards on
> Avery 8371.  I haven't been able to find the answer. Any
> help out there?

---

Engineer1 (288)

how do you know that whether an email is printed or not in outloo
In a multiuser mode is their any way to know whether a message is printed or not in outlook 2004. > In a multiuser mode is their any way to know whether a message is > printed or not in outlook 2004. a) 2004? You might want to double check help-about. b) Nope. -- -f.h "jvarieth" wrote in <news:F209F8D5-84D4-4056-8C77-6E93D7F0AA8C@microsoft.com>: > In a multiuser mode is their any way to know whether a message is printed or > not in outlook 2004. How do you know in Notepad that a doc got printed? How do you know in Word that a doc got printed? How do y...

How do I find a template for round stickers Avery 8293?
I want to make stickers using Avery 8293 round lables, but they are not listed in Publisher. Will someone please tell me if I can enter in the code or something so Publisher will recognize them. Thanks. No, you'll have to lay them out manually. There are a few misc templates at http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=38 but not that specific one. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "ellida_s" <ellida_s@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E6F75B0B-D9E4-4E8B-B759-0AC0...

Print Page Setup|Sheet
On the 'Sheet' tab of the Page Setup Tabbed Dialog the "Print area:', 'Print titles' TexBoxes are grayed out and unavailable for use. How are these activated? TIA doco doco Two things come to mind that would cause this problem. 1. You opened the dialog through "Print Preview" which makes these items unavailable. 2. You have two or more sheets selected or "grouped". Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 15:23:55 -0800, "doco" <assessor@ncesd.k12.or.us> wrote: >On the 'Sheet' tab of the Page Setup Tabbed ...

2nd page prints cells black
When printing a multipage document and using cells to arrange information, the cells of pages 2 - the last page print black Is your printer driver current? What version Publisher are you using? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "wes h" <wes h@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:668A2BEC-46E7-4861-B9F0-F5806E4AF7B4@microsoft.com... > When printing a multipage document and using cells to arrange information, > the cells of pages 2 - the last page print black using publisher 2007 and it prints the pages black even when printing to PDF complete. ...

Printing non-adjacent columns #3
Hi I know I can hide columns I don't want to print and I know I can use Group and Outline but that means I have to do this each time to the columns I want to print and they could be different each time in the spreadsheet - is there a quicker way using a macro or something? Basically I have 45 columns and sometimes I want to print for example A:E,G,M-P,T and sometimes I want to print other combinations of columns. Thanks Ann Record a macro when you hide your columns, print the worksheet, and unhide the columns. Then you could use that as the basis of your code to print the colu...

Outlook 2007 Tri Fold Printing
Hi, I just upgraded to Outlook 2007 from 2003. I used to print a tri-fold calendar every week, with the weekly schedule on the left, TaskPad in the middle, and a monthly calendar on the right. With 2007, the monthly calendar on the right does not include any times for meetings. I have even reduced the font size to 2 and it still doesn't help. Also, is there a way to remove/combine weekend days like in 2003? At this point, in both the weekly and monthly trifold print, they are included. In 2003, they would be included in a single/combined box. Any help greatly appre...

Files for printing
I am putting together a booklet which is going to be printed at a commercial printers. The printer doesn't know Publisher but said it will be fine if I save it to a pdf and save all images to cmyk format. My question is, do I need to save all the jpg's etc. to cmyk format and put them back in - or can I simply save the file in the print options to 'output composite cmyk'? This is a regular 40 page booket that I am getting printed so I want to make my life as easy as possible! Many thanks Sorry - forgot to mention - using Publisher 2003 "ChrisB" <chis@w...

Publisher only prints black pictures?
I have Microsoft Publisher 2003 and am trying to complete a catalog merge. I have completed the work and the print preview looks great, but when I print the photos, black squares are printed. Has anyone else had this problem? I've inserted clip art and the colors will print without a problem. I've also reduced the photos to less than 20kb but still can't seem to fix it. Thanks in advance for the help!!!! Are the images .tiff's? See if saving in a different format in your editing program makes a difference. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://...

Will Access print data to a blank hard copy form?
I have blank printed forms that I want to print data from an Access report. The positioning of the report data on the blank form is important. Each record must print on a new page. Is this within the capabilities of Access, and if so how do I get instructions to set it up? Thanks in advance, -- Boomer642 Pride Runs Deep I'm not sure what you're asking. Since Access uses the Windows printer driver(s), when Access prints, Windows prints. Can you do what you need to from Word (get the print to happen in the right place)? If so, you can adjust where Access starts printing to line ...

Modified POP Report prints correctly on all but one workstation
5 user environment on GP 9.0. All users share same modified reports dictionary. Modified blank purchase order has lines between each item. The lines print correctly from all workstations except for one. On the workstation that will not print the lines between the items, it prints correctly to the screen (with lines shown) but not to the printer. Same printer shared between all users. The only thing I have not checked is logging in as another user on that workstation to see if the same error occurs. I'm at a loss of what to try! Please help! Thanks, Kristi Sampsel Kristi, Pl...

Watch/Ignore in outlook, Auto Complete addresses, next/prev and Print Option
I have a few questions about Outlook 2003 for the experts here, In outlook express, we could use watch/ignore to Highlight a message, and all new messages with same subject would be highlighted (watched) with the eyeglass icon. I couldn't find anything on Outlook. There is only Flag, which doesn't highlight or do anything to the next messages. The auto complete in Outlook address field (when sending) is not Auto-Completing for some reason. It will only check for addresses if i say Check addresses or click on send. How can I force it to auto complete the address as I type? Yes, the au...

Chart Printing issue
I am using excel 2000 on windowsXP with SP2.I have pivot charts which are getting data from Pivot Tables. One sheet has 6 charts, Which normally get printed fine in landscape format. When I put a group-> Hide detail in one of the columns of first pivot table, It starts behaving abruptly.I have tried with multiple files ( I have 7-8 different files with similar functionality). I am using cute pdf for printing PDF. This will print the page in landscape format but store the page in portrait format ( The output is file). But if I remove the "Hide detail", It starts coming nor...

Printing multiple pages
Maybe not a Vista thing. I'm trying to print 4 pages of the same document on one sheet of A - i.e.. 4 x A6 on one page. I am choosing 'Multiple pages per sheet' from the Page Handling>Page Scaling drop down menu and 4 pages per sheet.. However the preview window shows only one page in the top left corner, and this is what actually prints instead of 4. Can anyone help or point me to a more suitable group pse? On Sun, 14 Feb 2010 20:02:11 -0000, "Trevor" <trevor@nospam@woldsweather.co.uk> wrote: >Maybe not a Vista thing. I'm trying to...

how to print objects on the background?
I have placed an object on the background and am trying to print it. aaannnnddddd...what happens when you push the print button? "fbcwhite" <fbcwhite@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2573000F-7165-4B6C-9855-894FFEDE3099@microsoft.com... |I have placed an object on the background and am trying to print it. ...

Problems with Duplex Printing
Our church uses Publisher 2003. When starting a new document, we right click on the desktop and select new and then click on Microsoft Publisher Document. When we print the one page document, the printer wants to print in duplex. Going to page setup and clicking on print setup, then properties and then finishing tab, the duplex printing tab is checked. We uncheck it and the printing is fine until we start a new document. If we start a new document inside the program itself there is no problem. We have two HP printers, a laser and a inkjet, and the problem occurs in each printer. ...

Print Range not connected
I want to print a range that is A1:F100 and M1:Z100. so basically i want to print A1:Z100 but exclude columns G:L. i tried range naming the A1:F100 and M1:Z100 as print_range and the name works but i can't use print_range as a print area in my print macro. this non-contiguous range name does work in macros when i'm asking to open and close it but not as a print range. is there a solution? tami Why not set your print area as A1:Z100 and hide columns G:L while the sheet is being printed? Your macro can then unhide them after printing. Hope this helps, Hutch ...

Why is the Print Titles section grayed out?
When I try to set the top row of my spreadsheet, to Print Titles section is grayed out. Some items on that dialog are disabled if you're in PrintPreview mode. Or if you have multiple worksheets grouped and go through File|page setup. Cindy N wrote: > > When I try to set the top row of my spreadsheet, to Print Titles section is > grayed out. -- Dave Peterson Thanks, Dave. That was it. I was in preview. "Dave Peterson" wrote: > Some items on that dialog are disabled if you're in PrintPreview mode. > > Or if you have multiple worksheets grou...

Printing to A3
I have a Canon i6500 which prints A3. I have 4 A4 Excel pages I want to print onto the A3. How do I do this? I can do it is Wordperfect but can't figure it out in MS Office. Thanks Dr Carl Carl In Excel, click on File menu and from dropdown list choose Page Setup. The Page Setup box will open. Select Page tab and near the bottom you will see Paper size.Click on the arrow on the box and select A3.. All the best Philip "345carl" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:018801c3de12$a0116ce0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have a Canon i6500 which prints A...

some data missing when printing excel.
some data is missing when i print the excel file. there is nothing wrong when i preview the file. the printing area is well set. Is it a laser printer? Perhaps it's a printer memory problem. Try reducing the DPI resolution of your print in File Print Properties and see if this works. Cheers Pete "exceluser" wrote: > some data is missing when i print the excel file. there is nothing wrong when > i preview the file. the printing area is well set. ...

How to change the paper size for all pages?
Hi! I have Visio 2007 Pro. I have a drawing with about 60 pages and I want to change the paper size for all pages. For some reason Visio changes the paper size for one page at a time only. Thanks! Thomas Hello Thomas, I'm afraid it's on a per page basis only. You could easily do this using code though. Let me know if you're comfortable with a little VBA and what size you want the pages to be and I'll give you an example if you like. Best regards John John Goldsmith www.visualSignals.co.uk <miskiewicz2@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1187171130.966273.24704...

Printing problems
When trying to print a flow chart, in swimlanes, the text in the labels on the left side do not print. All that shows up is a solid black line where the text should be. It appears fine in print preview. I am printing to a plotter. Any suggestions? ...

Calendar print option
Using Outlook 2007. I have AutoPreview turned on to see my notes for each appointment. I want to print the calendar either as a month to a page or a week to a page showing the appt notes. However, it will not print the calendar with my appt notes, only the subject and location. How can I change this? This is a limitation of Outlook 2007 Calendar. Here are 2 work arounds: -Use Microsoft Calendar Printing Assistant. It supports layouts with full details. -Use a MS Office Addin called WinCalendar to convert Outlook calendars to native MS Word or Excel format (with full descrip...

Print publication
I can not print the publication design, it only prints the text + images In other words it does not print all the noce background/bars The background of these templates were designed not to print. They are special paper templates made by www.paperdirect.com On a standard desktop printer you wouldn't get the edge to edge printing because of margin limitations of the printer. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Kyle" <Kyle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2EF312A1-FA27-4BA5-B3D9-1F5F...

Chart lines shift when printing
Hi All, When I print or print preview charts as objects on worksheets, some of the straight lines shift, and even form bends in them. The problem doesn't occur when the chart is created in it's own sheet. The problem is the same no matter which printer I use, or when I output to pdf. I'm running Office XP SP1. My company will not allow an upgrade to SP3 because it is too unstable. Is there anyone who has encountered this annoying bug, and even better, been able to fix it? Does SP3 fix the issue like Microsoft claim? Cheers, David By chart lines, you mean lines you've draw...

Pivot table
I am trying to print a specific group of data from a pivot table. I learned of 'show pages' but first may not have my fields properly assigned. My initial data sheet starts with columns; regional manager, area manager, sales rep, store # and then many columns of data; sales 2004, sales 2005.... The rows have the corresponding data and there are 50 sales reps each with 20-25 stores. My pivot table has regional, area, sales rep and store # in the page fields. All the other sales figures are in the data field. If I want to print a page showing sales for each of the 25 individual s...