Printing postcards in Publisher #4

Using Pub2002. WindowsXp. I am trying to print postcards using Publisher.
The postcard comes 4/page and the page dimensions are 8.5 x 12. Postcard
dimensions are 4.25" x 6". No borders.

What's the question?

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

"babygirlnerd" <babygirlnerd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Using Pub2002. WindowsXp. I am trying to print postcards using Publisher.
> The postcard comes 4/page and the page dimensions are 8.5 x 12. Postcard
> dimensions are 4.25" x 6". No borders.

How do I create the Page Setup in Publisher to allow 4 cards/page on 8.5"x12
paper?

"Don Schmidt" wrote:

> What's the question?
>

> --
> Don
> Vancouver, USA
>

> "babygirlnerd" <babygirlnerd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Using Pub2002. WindowsXp. I am trying to print postcards using Publisher.
> > The postcard comes 4/page and the page dimensions are 8.5 x 12. Postcard
> > dimensions are 4.25" x 6". No borders.

You didn't mention if you are using commercial postcard stock.  So, lets go
with you have sheets of 8�" x 11" heavy weight stock.

You will need to allow for margins so lets go with a final postcard of 4" x
5" which is within the limits of USPS standard size.

The following is how it is done with Publisher 2000 but it should be very
similar with other versions of Publisher.

File
Print Setup
    Select Custom from the drop down menu
OK

Page setup
    Select "Special Size"
    Width enter 5"
    Height enter 4"
OK

The work area is now on the screen:
Select Arrange
            Layout guides
                The margins are set to your liking, try .25"

Now create; put on the card what is to your liking, i.e., text & images.

Save your file.

Now it's time to print;

File
Print Setup
    Landscape
OK

File
Print
    Page Options button (bottom of Print window)
        Select, "Print multiple copies per sheet"
        Select, "Custom options button"
            Side margin .5"
            Top margin  .25"
            Horizontal gap 0"
             Vertical gap  0"
OK
OK
OK

A sheet of four cards are printed.
Be sure to save the file and it will save all the settings above.

Good luck,

--

> How do I create the Page Setup in Publisher to allow 4 cards/page on
> 8.5"x12
> paper?
>
> "Don Schmidt" wrote:
>
>> What's the question?
>>

>> --
>> Don
>> Vancouver, USA
>>

>> "babygirlnerd" <babygirlnerd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Using Pub2002. WindowsXp. I am trying to print postcards using
>> > Publisher.
>> > The postcard comes 4/page and the page dimensions are 8.5 x 12.
>> > Postcard
>> > dimensions are 4.25" x 6". No borders.

dates in excel #4
hi.. i have dates like 10 jan 2004 3 feb 2004 5 jan 2004 i want to trim the dates so that the data is jan 2004 feb 2004 jan 2004 how do i go about doing this?? thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, You can custom format the cells: Format > Cells > Numbers > Custom > mmm yyyy Hope this helps! In article <sokevin.17nwmh@excelforum-nospam.com>, sokevin <<sokevin.17nwmh@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: > hi.. > > i have dates like > > 10 jan 2004 > 3 feb 2004 > 5 jan 2004 > > > > i want to tr...

Printing Task List
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange When I try to print using the Print, Incomplete Task List, and selecting the Table Style, the printout always includes the LInk Icon, Status, Due Date, etc. I cannot turn those off in the print dialog box because they are greyed out. I have removed them from the task window and only have the Task, the Due Date and the Category. Still wants to print all the rest. The problem is having all of these things printed causes the Task title to be truncated. <br><br>Please help. Doe...

Print ppt 2007 handouts; remove page numbers from footer
Client is setting up handouts with three slides on the page. The default setting is to have a page number appear in the footer, as well as the date in the header. When in print preview, selecting Options, we found that using a "Fixed" date and deleting the date removed the date from the header; however, unchecking the page number box will NOT remove the page number from the footer. Checking footer and leaving it empty also was unsuccessful at removing the page number from the lower right corner of the page. Any suggestions? If you go to the handout master and dr...

Long publisher page (33") sent as email and problem w/ MS2007 Outl
I have a Publisher 2007 newsletter that is 8.5x33". I do the "send as message" option. The enewsletter looks fine in my web-based email reader (NetZero). However, in Outlook, it chops the newsletter in two. The first ~17" are fine, then a large white gap (~10"), then the rest of the newsletter. Is this a Publisher or Outlook problem. Is there a fix for long newsletters? I tried "select all" and "paste" into Word, but that only lets you change page length to 22". I also tried "select all" and "paste" into a ne...

How to print selection of my contact list (ph. name,address,email)
I wish to print a list of some of my contacts, with only some of the information I have listed for each of them ie name address ph and email plus notes. I have tried to do a distribution list this seems to give me some of the info though not all I require. A DL will give you none of the information you need. Most users customize Contact printouts by using a mail merge. So should you. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Bill B" <BillB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65F4940B-0DE0-4310-838C-9D88B2DD2543@microsoft.com... >I wish to print a list of some of ...

customize outlook today does not work #4
I have used the "Customize Outlook Today" button to customize my desk top and now it no longer lets me make changes. Can anyone give me suggestions as to what I can do to get this button to work again. I have Outlook 2000 SR-1 (9.0.03821) Corporate or Workgroup. The following MSKB article provides the fix for this issue. OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical Update 813489 for Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575 -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be ...

Outlook 2000 deletes emails when printed.
Help. When I print an email, it goes away. I can't find a setting that deletes emails when printed. Jeff <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Help. When I print an email, it goes away. I can't find > a setting that deletes emails when printed. Are you sure they've been deleted and not just hidden because of your view settings? Check View>Current View>Messages -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian.Tillman is the name, smiths-aerospace.com is the domain. I don't speak for Smiths, a...

Believe it...You can be rich with only $910 investment !!! #4
<HTML> <HEAD> <META NAME="GENERATOR" Content="Microsoft DHTML Editing Control"> <TITLE></TITLE> </HEAD> <BODY> <P><A href="http://allsuccess.ui2u.com"></A>&nbsp;</P> <P> </P> </BODY> </HTML> ...

split cells #4
You cannot split a cell or range of cells that have not been previously merged. You can, however, divide the content of unmerged cells and display it across other cells. Select the cell or range of cells that contains the text values you want to divide across other cells. A range can be any number of rows tall, but no more than one column wide. Important There must be one or more blank columns to the right of the selected column or the data to the right of the selected column will be overwritten. On the Data menu, click Text to Columns. Follow the instructions in the Convert Text ...

2 Word Problems with Word's Printed Watermarks
Hello there! I have a bit of a couple of Word problems relating to watermarks I hope someone out there can help me with. I am very frustrated trying to figure them out. 1. I'm trying to insert a printed watermark (Format/Background/Printed Watermark) on a document. On two particular templates (any documents based on them), however, the option is grayed out and I'm unable to use it because the feature is disabled. I have tried in all different views. I have tried turning this feature off (Tools/Options/Save and deselecting that option), but it keeps turning itself...

In Publisher I cannot get the picture to appear on the screen
Apparently your text won't appear either. Anyway...does it help if you go to... View / Pictures / Detailed Display? -- John Inzer If John's suggestion isn't the answer, read the third FAQ here Q: Why can I not see images/shapes/lines when editing my publication? http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "John Inzer" <oobie@doobie.xyz> wrote in message news:%23udTEzrgGHA.3652@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Apparently your text won't appear either...

Publisher 2003 document title
I am giving my girlfriend a hand writing a book. Its currently in Word but I'd like to starting making it more "book like" so wanted to switch to Publisher. I used the import wizard and all appeared fine except that at the top of each page and on the title page it has "Document Title" rather than the title from the Word properties. I tried changing the title in Publisher using File->Properties but this doesn't change whats at the top of each page. It doesn't even change what appears on new pages. Am I missing something here? Are you really supposed to ed...

crop marks #4
How and when do I reduce the publication to show the crop marks on a printout? Check the paper size you have selected. Which paper sizes are available depends on the printer driver you have selected. Most imagesetter printer drivers have paper sizes, such as Letter.Extra, A4.Extra, and Legal.Extra, which provide extra space on every edge to accommodate crops marks and other printer's marks. Crop marks are enabled in the advanced printer settings. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Lucille" <Lucille@di...

Print the CRM calendar?
Does anyone know how to print a the weekly calendar in CRM? I don't have a print option on the File menu. Thanks! ...

In Publisher 2003, how do you create a check box?
I need to figure out how to create a form field in Publisher where I can create a check box without having to make little square boxes. lferguson wrote: > I need to figure out how to create a form field in Publisher where I can > create a check box without having to make little square boxes. Take a look at the Wingdings font. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org/ ...

Website missing objects when published to web
I have Publisher 2003 and this has never happened to me before. For some odd reason, the navigation bars and page title are missing from the uploaded site. There are some graphics and text, but the navigation and title is missing. I can't understand what could be wrong. I'm not doing anything differently than I used to and it always worked before. Check it out. www.caricaturesbyted.com HELP!! There is a compatibility issue with IE8 and Publisher 2003 and 2007. Any design elements that are 'grouped' together, which includes the Publisher wizard built navbars, do not ren...

How to make a poster in four parts in Word or Publisher
I am trying to print a poster using four letter size pieces of paper. Anyone know how? I have tried in Word and Publisher. I don't know whether this is a printer issue or user error or program function. Thanks Brenda AlexAngelGirl wrote: > I am trying to print a poster using four letter size pieces of paper. > Anyone know how? > I have tried in Word and Publisher. I don't know whether this is a > printer issue or user error or program function. Thanks Brenda =============================== Did you try going to....File / Page Setup... and enter the size you wish to create...

Auto Filter Macro #4
Greetings, I have created a button on a worksheet with the following code: Sub Macro4() ActiveSheet.ShowAllData End Sub When I have the Autofilter active for a column(s), I just press this button and the filter is taken off. No problems. However if I press the button when the Autofilter is not filtering any of the columns, I get a debug error. How do I tell the computer that if I press the button while the Autofilter is already off, don't do anything? Thanks. Try this: Sub Macro4() On Error Resume Next ActiveSheet.ShowAllData End Sub "Snakeoids" wrote: > Gr...

How can I print bridge tallies
I have been using Microsoft Publisher 96 for printing bridge tallies. My disk drive went out and I lost the program. I would like a program for this purpose. I have windows XP. Bridge tallies are still part of Publisher 97. Are you saying you no longer have the Publisher 97 program disks? Do you have any version of Publisher? Basically a Bridge tally is a four column and however many rounds rows table. Easy to create. If you have any version of Publisher I can send you the tally file from 97. mary-sauer at columbus dot rr dot com -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ h...

Can I transfere Publisher pages to Power Point
Is it possible to transfere or upload Publisher Pages to make a Power Point Presentation Copy and paste. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Info-seeker" <Info-seeker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:50AF3FF4-4B2B-4C1D-BC48-C6E92BDD2969@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to transfere or upload Publisher Pages to make a Power > Point > Presentation > ...

Error Message #4
I just cleaned up the mailbox store and have applied filters to it so the file sizes in there are being kept to a minimum. Users are still able to send and receive email with no problems. However, all users are now getting the following error message during send and receive. Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x80070005): 'You do not have appropriate permission to perform this operation.' I looked up the error number and could find nothing matching the rest of the error message. 1. What is causing this error message? 2. How do I allow users appropria...

publisher is not printing what do i do? office 2003
I can not print from ms publisher, can some one please help?, every time i have to print from publisher i have to change to a word file. Ta Julian Is your printer driver current? Check with the manufacturer's web site. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "trintiy property" <trintiy property@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B6AF12A9-B5AB-421A-A5BA-2AF1A6CE5031@microsoft.com... > I can not print from ms publisher, can...

CRM 4.0 - Default_Client_Config.xml
Hello, Has anyone had any success when editing the ExtranetServerUrl in the default_client_config.xml? I'm trying to repackage the CRM 4.0 Outlook client for our environment and it seems no matter what I use for the ExtranetServerUrl the configuration wizards does not accept it. When I run the configuration wizard it shows the correct Intranet Address, but then the wizard defaults to "Use the same Web address when the system connects over the Internet" which is not what I'd like. I'd like it to use the ExtranetServerUrl instead. Note: This is On Premise. Has any...

Printing to a network printer in Publisher 2003
When I try to print to a network printer in Publisher 2003 I get the following error messages "Publisher cannot continue printing because of an error. For more information, press F1" followed by "Please choose another printer. Publisher cannot find the printer \\printserver\printershare for this publication. To select a different printer, click OK. To return to Publisher now, click Cancel." All my other Office XP products print fine as do non-microsoft apps. Can anyone shed any light on this? neilvilla wrote: > When I try to print to a network printer in Publi...

print -fit to custom page
I have a house design that needs to be tiled onto 6 pages. I have set the printer to use 6 tiled pages. I have locked and then dragged the design ot fit the page, but when I ask for the pruint preview, the design does not fill the sapce. any help wouold be approcetiated. Use a poster setup in page setup. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "margaret" <margaret@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E888D5F4-08F6-4DBB-8F80-5BA2FC95560E@microsoft.com... >I have a house design that needs to be tiled onto 6 pages. I have set the > printer to use 6 tiled p...