printing png

Any png object that I insert into a Publisher 2002 page
prints with a fine broken black border.  No problems
printing pngs with Picture It or Adobe Photoshop Elements
so its a Pub problem.  Anyone else have this problem? Does
it happen with newer versions?
0
anonymous (74722)

D. L. Ridder wrote:
> Any png object that I insert into a Publisher 2002 page
> prints with a fine broken black border.  No problems
> printing pngs with Picture It or Adobe Photoshop Elements
> so its a Pub problem.  Anyone else have this problem? Does
> it happen with newer versions?

Incorrect assumption.  There are *NO* printing issues that cannot be
attributed to faulty hardware or faulty or outdated drivers. So, in answer
to your question, no upgrading won't help as it's a printer, not a Publisher
issue.

Of course, if that printer happens to be ancient (5 years+) then upgrading
the printer may help.

0
cerridwen (233)
4/26/2004 3:30:04 PM
Got to be a printer driver. A workaround, edit the wrap points.

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"D. L. Ridder" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Any png object that I insert into a Publisher 2002 page
> prints with a fine broken black border.  No problems
> printing pngs with Picture It or Adobe Photoshop Elements
> so its a Pub problem.  Anyone else have this problem? Does
> it happen with newer versions?

0
laserdog (1122)
4/26/2004 4:10:34 PM
Are these PNG pictures you have scanned?

This is a known issue.

--

"If you don't know where you are going,
any road will take you there!"

0
donotknock (1941)
4/26/2004 10:07:51 PM
No, these are png files downloaded off the internet,
created by myself in Adobe Photoshop Elements, or jpegs
that have had the white removed in Picture It and saved as
pngs.

0
anonymous (74722)
4/27/2004 1:39:38 AM
Well it would not surprise me if PictureIt was the issue it is such a
garbage little kiddies program.

This is no simply fixed issue and has been a long ongoing issue with
Publisher since ver. 2.0.
You do not see it often, and I have experienced it myself a long time ago.
I am just trying to wrack my brains what the fix was.
I will keep my deep and meaningful thinking cap on and post back if I
remember what the cause of the issue is.

Can you get a PNG from a known clean source and not been saved or
manipulated in Adobe or PIctureIt and post back.

Do you have the MDI installed on your computer.  If you do, what happens
when you print to it.

--

"If you don't know where you are going,
any road will take you there!"

0
donotknock (1941)
4/27/2004 2:02:45 AM
First noticed the problem when trying to use a png file
downloaded from internet (digital scrapbooking elements
created mostly in PSP and Digital Image Pro 9.  These
elements are downloaded by thousands who have no problem
with them in all kinds of programs used for formatting
scrapbook pages.  Wanted to use the images in Publisher
because I like the work space better than that in Adobe.
ANY png file (whether I've manipulated it or not) will
print with the fine broken black border when inserted in
Pub.

Have no idea if the MDI is installed on my computer as I
don't know what that is.  Is this going to be a DUH moment?

0
anonymous (74722)
4/27/2004 2:56:51 AM
I just looked up where I had some notes on this black line issue, and it was
only with scanned PCX and BMP images.
I did not have the fix written there.  It was a Publisher issue and not a
scanner or printer driver issue in those cases.  Bummer I did not have the
fix written down.
You know, with this issue not raising its head again for so long, it is
probably not even the same issue.  It is years since this issue was a
problem, and would safely say Publisher 95.
I cannot offer any solution - sorry.
--

"If you don't know where you are going,
any road will take you there!"

0
donotknock (1941)
4/27/2004 12:48:14 PM
Thanks, anyway, for the effort!

0
anonymous (74722)

Newbie: Can't figure out how to print my brochure
I have created a 4-page brochure: 8.5 x 14; landscape, folded. Final brocure will be 7 x 8.5. I created a 4-page 'pub' but when I try to print the brochure it wants to print my Page 1 and Page 4 separate, but will print page 2-3 (my "inside pages") as 2 pages, side-by-side, which is correct. There should be (?) an option that prints pages 1 and 4, then 2 and 3, but I can't find it. HELP! TIA, Larry Woods You need a booklet (not a brochure) so you get page 4 on the left and page 1 on the right. Page set-up, booklet and you'll probably have to check all ...

clip art appears in publisher document blurred but prints clearly.
When I insert clip art into my newsletter it is blurry, making it difficult to edit, but when I print it the picture is clear. Could be one of two things: 1. Go to View > Pictures > and choose detailed display or 2. Update your video driver: Microsoft Office Publisher 2003 and older are critical about video drivers. Usually upgrading (or downgrading in some cases) will fix the problems you are encountering. I would recommend is restarting your computer in 'Safe Mode'. To get to Safe Mode, restart your computer and press "F8" at the beginning of the boot process. ...

Print Qty total Receipt
How modify the receipt.xml to print Qty total at the end of the receipt? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_01ED_01C7FBD8.8FBD15F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Edwin, I'm assuming by your last post that you are running MSPOS. You need to = make sure that you add this to your posts as most people here are = running RMS and the programs, reports and receipts are different. For your receipt template, go here http://tinyurl.com/2sb2kv and = download the Receipt - 40 col with Total Number of...

MS Money Plus: printing account register
I have tried to print an account register using the reports menu but I cannot get separate credit and debit columns. For a credit card account all I get are is the credit column and a running ballance. I do not see an option to get all 3 columns on customizing a report. Seems like it ought to be a 'no brainer', but then automobiles used to be simple once upon a time. Any ideas. I swear this worked with Money 2005. ...

Problems printing
Hi, and thanks for reading my post. The client is using Great Plains Dynamics 6.00g37 ... a little old. I hope someone here is an "old-timer". When trying to print anything (invoice, report, etc.) we get the error message: "Unable to get the printer contect for report [insert name here - RM Customer report, for example]. Please check default printer." There is a default printer set, it prints in other applications (like Wordpad), and it will print it's test page from the driver window. It is an HP LaserJet 4050. Suggestions? Thanks, Mark Hi Mark, It sou...

How do i not print empy dropdown lists
I have a letter from which i can vary the content by changing my selections from drop down lists. Not all drop down lists are necessarily used, yet they still will print in the final document "Choose an Item". How do i stop word 2007 from printing non-selected drop down lists so they are invisible in the final letter. Mangu68 wrote: > I have a letter from which i can vary the content by changing my > selections from drop down lists. Not all drop down lists are > necessarily used, yet they still will print in the final document > "Choose an Item"...

How do I print labels from an existing excel spreadsheet?
I have an address directory set up as an excel spreadsheet with each line of the address in a new column. I have seen people print labels directly from a spreadsheet like this, but I don't know the steps. Any help out there? Use Word's mail merge facility, with the Excel file as the data source: Mail merge Excel to Word: a.. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm b.. http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge -- David Biddulph "bnten" <bnten@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E05FAD13-0136-4769-8419-93D628A37D1A@microsoft....

Internet printing
I have a small network running 2k3 with 1 printer shared. I wanted to install internet printing. I added it in IIS and had internet printing allowed. However, when I go to http://domain/printers it tells me page not found. Any ideas? Would appreciate any input. You need to target http://Server/printers On the server open the localhost page to verify http://localhost/printers -- Alan Morris Windows Printing Team Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base here: http://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=1 This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and con...

How do I stop active x controls from moving after a print preview
Every time after going to print preview and coming back to the spreadsheet my controls have moved to another location in the worksheet. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;838910 Sometimes the hotfix works, sometimes it doesn't. The workaround always does I believe. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ------------------------------�------------------------------�---------------- It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission :-) ------------------------------�----...

Printing to Adobe
I get a runtime error everytime I print an invoice to Adobe 6.0. What's the deal? Is there a fix? Below is error I get: Program: msmoney.exe R6025 - pure virtual function call I am using: MS Money 2006 Small Business version 15.0.150.513 In microsoft.public.money, Caddant wrote: >I get a runtime error everytime I print an invoice to Adobe 6.0. What's the >deal? >Is there a fix? Below is error I get: > >Program: msmoney.exe >R6025 - pure virtual function call >I am using: >MS Money 2006 Small Business >version 15.0.150.513 See if http://support.micro...

Print out certain forms automatically
Hello everyone, I am designing a spreadsheet for my company, an insurance brokerage, to be used as a quote sheet. When we send out quotes, we attach certain forms (out of about 50 total) to the back of the quote, which reflect the limits of the coverage and things of that nature. Right now, we pull (by hand) each of the required forms for each account and attach each one physically, and it is very time consuming. Can I set up a list in this Excel spreadsheet with check boxes that will allow us to select the ones printed with the quote? Will this require putting every form into the Excel f...

CRM Easy Print for Report
What is 'Easy Print' for CRM reports? And, how can I obtain information in regard to the 'Easy Print' option of a CRM report? Thank you in advance for your assistance. ...

Cannot print only from Word
My printer is setup and I can print from Excel, Outlook, etc but it Word, nothing happens when I choose File/Print or use the Printer icon. In what way does nothing happen? Are you saying that you don't even see the Print dialog box if you choose File | Print? It is possible that code (from a poorly designed add-in, for example) is intercepting the FilePrint command. Did you install something recently? If, as a troubleshooting step, you start Word in Safe mode (hold Ctrl as you start the application and confirm that you want to make use of Safe mode), does that make a differ...

Remove Meeting Time from Monthly Calendar Print
Is it possible to remove the meeting time from a monthly calendar print and only show the meeting title? Yes, you need to use portrait mode so the cells are too narrow to include the time. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Do you sync your mailbox with a smartphone or pd...

how to print a table with borders
Hi - hope someone can help. I have made a simple table for a lottery syndicate left hand side are names top row is dates used borders to make all boxes stand out (boxes are for ticking when member has paid. When I try to print it out the preview shows names and dates in the right place but no boxes? Iam using Excel 2007 on windows XP home OS Gazmac1 It sounds to me like you've used checkboxes from the Forms toolbar? If this is the case, right click on each one and choose Format Control from the popup options, then go to the Properties tab and tick the Print Object option. "g...

Print Cash Flow forecast transactions
I would like to have the ability to print out a report or print out the transactions that show in the cash flow forecast. I haven't been able to find any way to do this in Money 2004. If anyone can tell me how, I would appreciate it. The lack of replies could suggest that nobody knows a way. "Mark Again" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:630301c4751f$f0028730$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I would like to have the ability to print out a report or > print out the transactions that show in the cash flow > forecast. I haven't been able to f...

Publish charts as PNG
Hello, The Publish process from Excel to Web transforms charts to Gif files, resulting in poor resolution quality. Is it possible to improve the quality by transforming to other pictures types or by any other means? Thanks Avi You can save a chart as *.png before posting that *.png only to Web But I don't know how to do this through>Button>Publish Sub SaveAspng() ' Saves the active chart as a png file ' Prompts for a file name and directory Dim FileName As Variant If ActiveChart Is Nothing Then MsgBox "Select a chart to export.&qu...

How do I print all file names from a folder in Publisher?
In Publisher, I have a listing of about 100 files and I would like to print the listing of those files. Is there a way of doing that? put the list in a textbox, then push the print button? why do you want to do this specifically in pubisher anyway are you going to make a fancy printout? "Leb Steve" <Leb Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3121C24F-8581-4861-B67C-C7615EA9D3CC@microsoft.com... | In Publisher, I have a listing of about 100 files and I would like to print | the listing of those files. Is there a way of doing that? Leb Steve wrote: &g...

wrong size printed to size selected
i am having problems with publisher in office 2003 for small business. when i create a custom cover design, group the items selected and format them to the size i require they are being printed larger by 4-5 mm This is such a small amount, is it visible only on one margin? Are your margins set within your printer's limitations? It could be your paper is not positioned correctly against the printer guide, this can happen especially in an inkjet. Does this issue appear in all your publications? -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews....

Printing Query Promt Parameters in a report
I have a QUERY in Access 2003 that promts the user for a START and END date. Is there a way to display the inputed START and END date from the QUERY in a REPORT without having to retype it in the report? On Mon, 14 Dec 2009 15:29:01 -0800, vegman wrote: > I have a QUERY in Access 2003 that promts the user for a START and END date. > Is there a way to display the inputed START and END date from the QUERY in a > REPORT without having to retype it in the report? Let's assume the exact query prompt is [Start Date] and [End Date] Add an unbound text control to the Re...

Can we print a work order report with customer names
I am able to print a report of items showing how much is in inventory and how much is ordered (committed). But when the item arrives in our warehouse, I am unable to see who ordered it. I would like to be able to print a list of work orders showing customer names and what they ordered. It's possible that I already have the capability to do this, but don't know how. Can anyone help me? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in t...

Printing issue
I am running Pub 2002 on XP Pro. I just reformatted my system and installed XP Pro so I'm starting at step one again. To add to the mess I just bought a new printer and this is the first I've tried printing a Publisher file with it. I just inserted a .jpg file in my newsletter. It looks fine on the screen but when I print it, I get one large black rectangle instead of the picture. Could it be because it was a .pdf that I've saved as a .jpg? I have Acrobat Standard and it seemed like the easiest way to insert the file. If not, I'm open to suggestions. -- JoAnn JoAnn a clea...

Booklet Settings/print preview problem
Hello, I have created a booklet, but am having trouble with the settings. It is an 8 page booklet and everything looks great while working on it. When I go to "print preview" it displays the booklet on one large sheet (instead of showing two side by side like when I was working on it) and displaying only 1 and 1/4 pages that says it will print that way. When I used to hit "print preview" at my old office/computer it would show the booklet pages (example page 2 and 3) right next to eachother that looked just like what I was working on in a PDF looking document (no...

Coupon Printing at POS
Is there a way to print coupons after a sale using a Epson TM-T88III? YES, use the footer image on the RMS receipt format as a coupon. Make a wide x Long px bmp.file; That is a big as you can go on the Epson TM-T88III. The printer Dell carried for a short time made by microstar can print a bmp wide x Long px bmp file. The image really can be as longer but this is what I use. Then put the image on the register in the path that use detail in the RMS--> Manager --> Register List--> Receipt Format--> Properties. that is going to print the coupon. We also creates a hook and dl...

How do I print addresses on individual postcards ?
How do I print on individual post card which I have purchased? I would also like to know how to print those addreses using mail merge. Is this possible on Microsoft Word? "LuRa" <LuRa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D569B3FE-42B1-4307-A79E-E7678B934F70@microsoft.com... > How do I print on individual post card which I have purchased? > I would also like to know how to print those addreses using mail merge. > Is this possible on Microsoft Word? Use the Publisher Mail Merge feature. I know it's a four-letter word, but Publisher 2003 Help will prov...