Printing Old Publisher 98 File in Publisher 2002

A file from an Old Version of Publisher (98) won't print
on the New Version of Publisher (2002) on my HP 6MP Laser
Printer.  How do I resolve this problem?
0
Ronward (1)

Whilst attempting to develop brick-based storage technology, Ed reads a
message from Ron Ward <Ronward@myibocs.com>
> A file from an Old Version of Publisher (98) won't print
> on the New Version of Publisher (2002) on my HP 6MP Laser
> Printer.

Have you worked through the print troubleshooter?
How exactly is it not printing?  Do other programs print?  Do other
Publisher documents print?
Have you gone to the website for the manufacturer of your printer and
updated your drivers?

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

0
the_nerd (6342)
7/3/2003 12:17:47 PM
Ron Ward wrote:
> A file from an Old Version of Publisher (98) won't print
> on the New Version of Publisher (2002) on my HP 6MP Laser
> Printer.  How do I resolve this problem?

As I cannot see your computer, I cannot possibly know what "won't print"
means. Any errors, do you mean it won't print properly or not at all?

Unless - and until - you give us some further details then I doubt anyone
can assist you.

--
Cassandra
Card carrying member of the Fresh Start Club 'The Undead Are People Too!'

Reply address is fake. Please send all praise, abuse, insults, bequests
of �1million to cassandra (at) craigy34 (dot) freeserve (dot) co (dot)
uk. Change the obvious to the obvious.
Private requests for assistance will not be acknowledged. Please post all
correspondence to the group so that all may benefit. Thank you.

0
amethyst (15)
7/3/2003 12:21:17 PM
Change your printer settings from Vector to Raster or the other way around.

File As option in contacts
Hi, Is there a way for the File As option in contacts to set to (First Name Last Name). I tried this ::: Tools, Option, Contact Options, Default File As Order ... But it works for any new contacts being entered. What about the existing contacts which are filed as Last Name, First Name? More than 300 contacts are filed as Last Name, First Name and i want to change them to First Name Last Name, so that after sync with Pocket PC I get the contacts as First Name Last Name in Pocket PC as well. The only way I know is open individual contact and change the setting. But I have 300+ entries. Is th...

File exeed the 2GByte of size when I EDIT blob column contents
Hi! I edit a table column (type of OLE object) in a loop (all record) with DAO CdbRecordset. The columns contents will decrease with 12 byte. The size of the (Access 2000 type) mdb file at the beginning is 1 GByte and it grown to 2 GByte (and the program stop with error). Why grown the file of size if I edit its content and decrease it? Thanks for any idea. Imre ...

Trouble opening Word 2007 for Windows files with equations on my Word 2008 for Mac
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I use Word 2008 for Mac but when I try to open a Word 2007 for Windows file from a student with equations, all the equations are nonsensical. Any hints? FWIW, not being familiar with this area of Mac Word, when I try to open a Word 2007 document containing a Word 2007 equation (not the older type of equations) I see a dialog box that says that Word 2007 equations are not supported in Word 2008, that the equations will be preserved so that they will be visible if re-opened in Word 2007, but will "displ...

publisher using wrong email client how to change default?
Ok - MS Pub 2007 is trying to send through windows mail I have switched to Windows Live mail. How do I tell publisher to use windows live mail and not windows mail? Robin1only wrote: > Ok - MS Pub 2007 is trying to send through windows mail I have > switched to Windows Live mail. How do I tell publisher to use > windows live mail and not windows mail? =================================== Have a look at the following articles: Windows Vista - Setting the Default Email Client http://tinyurl.com/2ygtyt or... http://freeemailtutorials.com/microsoftWindows/setDefaultEmailClientOnWi...

Microsoft Publisher 2003
I am planning on purchasing the new Office 2003. However, all the documents I created in 2003 trial cannot be opened on other computers who do not have 2003. Can these documents be converted or should I give up on 2003? It is a pain. Also, is there free customer service? The product is too expensive to have to pay for support, especially when it's their fault. HELP NEIGHBORS! After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Rev. Frederick F. Batiste Jr. <jb1870114@yahoo.com>... > I am planning on purchasing the new Office 2003. However, >...

can't open my money2001 file
I have a strange problem with Money2001. I can't open my files. It asks for my password and after I enter it, a box pops up saying, "Microsoft Money has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." I've tried opening some backups that I have achirved from clear back from September - still no luck. Any suggestions? If I buy the latest version, what are the chances it will open my old 2001 version file? Aaron In microsoft.public.money, Aaron Garber wrote: >I have a strange problem with Money2001. > >I can't open my ...

Gradients/fill effects in PUB 2002
I received a Pub 2000 file from a customer that had a gradient fill effect of a star. when opened in Pub 2002 it converts to a regular gradient and there are no features for shapes, only vert., horizontal., diamond, roound, etc. Is there any way to maintiain the original settings of the document and how so? Thanks.... Sean, Microsoft Publisher 2002 introduced a new file format, so some formatting can be lost. Have them convert the object to a graphic. Ask them to select the object, then go to Edit > Copy, Then go to Edit > Paste Special > As Picture. Then have them resave. ...

Project Server OLAP Database
Today I started getting a strange error whenever I access anything within the Project Server OLAP database. Questions: 1. The actual Project Server databases (non OLAP) are working fine. Can I generate or recover the OLAP database from the non-OLAP databases (Note: I don't have a backup for the OLAP database but only for the non-OLAP databases) ? 2. Is there any fix for this issue? The error is as follows: File system error: The following file is corrupted: Physical file: \\?\C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.2\OLAP\Data\ProjectServer.0.db\Task Is Milesto...

MSPub. is printing "Side 1 name" on a label, how do I stop this?
MS Publisher 2003 is automatically incerting (when you print the label) "side 1 Performer's Name" on a cassette label. This lable has not been modify and prints perfectly in Pub98. The above statement is not found anywhere on the label itself or in the background. How frustrating! What are you using as a template? Is this text statement already on the template? Is this statement the name of the field in your database? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "audioplus" <audioplus@discussions.mi...

Excel open file name
When I open a file named 'Myname' in Excel (2000 & 97) File/Open... the file is normaly opened with the same name. But when I open this (or any other) .xls file by double clicking it the file opens with name 'Myname1'. This is happening after reinstalation of Office 2000 (all upgrades instaled). I reinstaled Office 2000 prof. because of unknown problem with Excel 2000 (err. message was 'The system is dangerously low in resources!'- and PC hung. All the other Office and other appl. worked fine). System is Win'98SE with 512MB (RAM is checked & OK). Can anybody...

Avoid Printing Inactive Customers
We have Inactivated customers and zero balance active customers. We don't want the Inactives printing on the A/R Aging Report but we do want the zero balance actives to print. How do we do that please? Sandy, You can put an identifier in one of the fields that the aged trial balance will filter by that you are not using for anything else. The most common ones are user-defined 1 and short name. Since these customers are inactive, there probably isn't much of a problem changing one of these fields. And if you're talking about a lot of customers, you can run a SQL script to...

tab names are wrong when printing custom footers (using [&tab] )
I am printing alot of charts for one spreadsheet that contains many tabs. I would like each page printed to have the name of the tab, so I did the following: clicked -page setup, -header/footer --Custom Footer, i clicked on "& [Tab]" for the name of the tab to be printed on the footer for that page. I get additional (incorrect) information after the tab name. Is there a way to correct this other than manually keying in the name of the each tab into the custom footer section? Try using Excel's Detect and Repair feature under the Help menu. It sounds as ...

Text boxes, pouring into --Publisher 2007
I am copying text from Word 2007 and putting it in Publisher 2007. I have created text boxes on the pages I want the overflow to flow into, but when I link and pour, text boxes are created within the text box I have. These text boxes are very wide and not very high. How can I get Publisher to pour into the text box I want without it creating new ones? Follow-up. This link below links to a guy who was trying to do what I do NOT want Publisher to do. In that thread, everyone said he couldn't do it. "Linda" wrote: > I am copying text from Word 2007 and puttin...

Moving Files To New Hard Drive
I just upgraded the hard drive in my girlfriends computer. It had 80GB and I added an additional 250GB drive. The OS is XP Home 2002. How do I go about moving _*everything*_ to the larger hard drive? "ampig" wrote: > > I just upgraded the hard drive in my girlfriends computer. It had 80GB > and I added an additional 250GB drive. The OS is XP Home 2002. How do I > go about moving _*everything*_ to the larger hard drive? > > Use the cloning software that came with the new disk to clone the old disk to the new. Everything is copied to the n...

corrupt pst file problem
I use Outlook 2002 with Internet Mail Only (IMO). My pst file is 540,944 bytes. When I use Outlook now, it is likely that my computer will crash with a blue screen.\ "cannot copy file bobg: cyclic redundancy error": I tried to copy my pst file before I tried to fix or change anything but at the very end of the copy I get an error "cannot copy file bobg: cyclic redundancy error". I have used Norton disk doctor and PC-Doctor to check the hard disk (NTFS). PC-Doctor reports no errors, Norton reports a couple of indexes that should be deleted. I was surprised that sea...

USPTYPE.XML File?
Hi There- I'm trying to install Outlook XP and the install keeps looking for a USPTYPE.XML file which isn't on the CD. I think it has something to do with the outlook connector for Notes which I had installed at one point. Any idea what's going on? Thanks, nj ...

Image placeholders with Publisher 2003
I just made a website in Publisher 2003 and when the website is posted the images are slow to load and the image placeholders show with that little icon in the upper left hand corner(not the red X). The images only take a second to load but the placeholders looks very unprofessional. After reading various emails around this I don't think I have found a solution to fix this. All my images are embedded jpeg's. None of the images are over 15kb and I only have two images on most of my pages. So I am pretty confident it is not my images. My broswer settings are set to not di...

Printing Report 04-23-07
HELP!! I currently have a query that has that has [Please enter case number] in the criteria section. When i want to print a report from an open form, i would like the "Case number" entered automaticly from the open formed field "Case Number" so the user doesnt have to enter the case number for the report. -- Kevin Sebring Atlanta Georgia Rather than prompting for the case number, add a combo or text field to your form. Let the user select the case number or type it in the form. Then change the report's RecordSource query to reference the form field rath...

Need to get a file please
I need to update Office 2002, and the installation stops, asking for the file 'pubret.msi'. I don't have the Publisher CD anymore, can anyone please send me the file, or direct me to a link. Thanks. -- Magnus Jungbeck Best Computer Hi Magnus Jungbeck (MagnusJungbeck@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I need to update Office 2002, and the installation stops, asking for || the file 'pubret.msi'. I don't have the Publisher CD anymore, can || anyone please send me the file, or direct me to a link. Thanks. You cannot update without the CD. In ...

saving a publisher file as a pdf
My commercial printer wants me to bring him my publisher file as a pdf. How do I do this mlclark25 wrote: > My commercial printer wants me to bring him my publisher > file as a pdf. How do I do this ============================ Try this... Download and install the following free PDF Creator. PrimoPDF http://primopdf.com/ With your new program installed...open your project in Publisher and go to...File / Print. On your Print screen...open the drop window and select PrimoPDF as your printer. Click...OK...now you will see the PrimoPDF screen and you can browse to a save folder. When...

Memory error message shuts down Publisher
I am using Publisher 2000. I had to re-install XP and re-install Publisher. Prior to re-installing, Publisher worked good. Now after opening a Publisher file I get the following error message and Publisher shuts down. The instruction at "0x77f51ed3" referenced memory at "0xfffffff8".. The memory could not be "read". I read on this forum this problem may be caused by old drivers. I have downloaded and installed the latest Intel video and HP printer drivers but the problem still happens. Does anyone know how to fix this error. Prior to the re-install ...

Publisher 2003 newsletter to pdf using pdf995
Anyone used PDF995 to convert a Publisher newsletter from ..pub to .pdf format? I don't know either program and I know I'm doing something stupid but I can't get from the xxxx.pub to the xxxx.pdf format using the PDF995 free program. I can open the xxxx.pub file in Publisher and it looks fine. How do I get or what do I select to print to the PDF995 printer? When I try to save as, yyyy.pdf.... a yyyy.pdf.pub file is created. Is there a newsgroup or anywhere out on the web that explains how this works? I've tried to send email to the pdf995 support people but am not gettin...

Re: MS Outlook XP (2002) Message Rules Problem(s)
frustrating problem. been tackling it for days. problem: when i create a rule, or more than one, to autorespond with a specifi template (regardless of whether the rules does other things or not, i it contains an autoresponse, this problem occurs) the FIRST incomin email that matches the criteria gets a response and NO others. why this is a problem: IF, for example, i had a autoR setup to send a pic of my God daughte to everyone that messages with the subject line: send me a pic of her ONLY the first person to send an email will get their email. also, IF i had another one setup w/ the cri...

Can't Print Worksheet to a One-Page PDF Document
I'm running Excel 2007 and Adobe Acrobat 8.0. I can't print a worksheet to a one-page PDF document. The PDF maker breaks off one end and prints it as a second page. If I try to print to a PDF with a landscape setting, the PDF printer breaks off the bottom and prints it as a second page. Is there a way of getting the worksheet onto a one-page PDF file? maybe download and install 2007 Microsoft Office Add-in: Microsoft Save as PDF or XPS http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4D951911-3E7E-4AE6-B059-A2E79ED87041&displaylang=en Robert Lee wrote: > I...

error message : I can't close my PERSONAL.XLS file
I am using Excel 2002. I have a macro which sends a file to an email address. I have it in the PERSONAL.XLS tool bar with it's own icon so when I export a table from ACCESS to EXCEL the macro is there ready to use. When I click on the icon I keep getting an error message saying that I can't open another copy of PERSONAL.XLS and I need to either rename the file or close the 1st copy of PERSONAL.XLS. But as far as I can see PERSONAL.XLS is closed and hidden ! If I go into the maco's code and run it from there I have no problems. Has anyone any idea what my problem is...