Printing odd pages in booklet format

I used to be able to do this easily in PageMaker, but I can't figure it out
for the life of me in Publisher...

I am creating a booklet. Each page is 8.5 w and 5.5 tall (ie, half-letter,
landscape orientation). I'd like to print this booklet two pages to one
peice of paper, so I can cut in the middle and punch for a ring binder. I'd
like the target paper to be letter (8.5 x 11).

However, when I try to set it up as a book, I get a weird page that's
17x5.5. How can I change how the page is set up, so I can get both 8.5 x 5.5
pages to print in the correct orientation on the 8.5 x 11 paper?

John O.

File
Page setup
    Special fold
    Select Book fold
    Select Landscape

This size should default to 5.5" over 8.5"
If not you may have 11" x 17" paper in the printer tray. Change the paper
settings in File, Print Setup

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

"Johnny O." <anonymous@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I used to be able to do this easily in PageMaker, but I can't figure it
out
> for the life of me in Publisher...
>
> I am creating a booklet. Each page is 8.5 w and 5.5 tall (ie, half-letter,
> landscape orientation). I'd like to print this booklet two pages to one
> peice of paper, so I can cut in the middle and punch for a ring binder.
I'd
> like the target paper to be letter (8.5 x 11).
>
> However, when I try to set it up as a book, I get a weird page that's
> 17x5.5. How can I change how the page is set up, so I can get both 8.5 x
5.5
> pages to print in the correct orientation on the 8.5 x 11 paper?
>
> John O.

0
Retired (261)
9/21/2004 10:49:39 PM
A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from
Johnny O. <anonymous@microsoft.com>!"...
> However, when I try to set it up as a book, I get a weird page that's
> 17x5.5. How can I change how the page is set up, so I can get both
> 8.5 x 5.5 pages to print in the correct orientation on the 8.5 x 11
> paper?

The key to doing this is to setting the paper size in Print Setup to the
target printer paper size before you select Book Fold in Publisher.
Publisher then sets the page size to 8.5 x 5.5, and prints 2-up.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

0