Printing odd pages in booklet format

I used to be able to do this easily in PageMaker, but I can't figure it out
for the life of me in Publisher...

I am creating a booklet. Each page is 8.5 w and 5.5 tall (ie, half-letter,
landscape orientation). I'd like to print this booklet two pages to one
peice of paper, so I can cut in the middle and punch for a ring binder. I'd
like the target paper to be letter (8.5 x 11).

However, when I try to set it up as a book, I get a weird page that's
17x5.5. How can I change how the page is set up, so I can get both 8.5 x 5.5
pages to print in the correct orientation on the 8.5 x 11 paper?

John O.

File
Page setup
    Special fold
    Select Book fold
    Select Landscape

This size should default to 5.5" over 8.5"
If not you may have 11" x 17" paper in the printer tray. Change the paper
settings in File, Print Setup

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

"Johnny O." <anonymous@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I used to be able to do this easily in PageMaker, but I can't figure it
out
> for the life of me in Publisher...
>
> I am creating a booklet. Each page is 8.5 w and 5.5 tall (ie, half-letter,
> landscape orientation). I'd like to print this booklet two pages to one
> peice of paper, so I can cut in the middle and punch for a ring binder.
I'd
> like the target paper to be letter (8.5 x 11).
>
> However, when I try to set it up as a book, I get a weird page that's
> 17x5.5. How can I change how the page is set up, so I can get both 8.5 x
5.5
> pages to print in the correct orientation on the 8.5 x 11 paper?
>
> John O.

0
Retired (261)
9/21/2004 10:49:39 PM
A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from
Johnny O. <anonymous@microsoft.com>!"...
> However, when I try to set it up as a book, I get a weird page that's
> 17x5.5. How can I change how the page is set up, so I can get both
> 8.5 x 5.5 pages to print in the correct orientation on the 8.5 x 11
> paper?

The key to doing this is to setting the paper size in Print Setup to the
target printer paper size before you select Book Fold in Publisher.
Publisher then sets the page size to 8.5 x 5.5, and prints 2-up.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

0
the_nerd (6342)

Printing problem from Excel 2007

Pivot Table Cycling Through Page Fields Automatically
Hi. I am trying to cycle through a complete set of data in one of the parameters in the "Page" field. For example, there are 500 investments, and I want to compute the internal rate of return (IRR) for each investment based on a series of cashflows for each investment. The IRR is a function that is placed outside the pivot table. As each investment number is chosen, the underlying pivot table cashflow data changes, allow the IRR function to pick up these cashflows and compute the IRR. However, if there are 500 investments, this becomes very time consuming - especially if the...

Printing as PDF
I have a portion of a sheet that I want to print/save as a pdf to a folder on my hard drive. The folders location is C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\Desktop\Invoices. I also want the file name to be the value found in cell j19 on the "PO Form" worksheet. Any help? Hi Download and install Cute PDF-Writer (http://www.cutepdf.com/) It installs as a printer. Now, you can write any documents (Excel, Word, various pictures, web pages, etc. to PDF format. Simply open the document, select Print from menu, select CutePDF Printer, and when you click on Print button, a file save dia...

transfer inbox in table format to word
In my older version I could cut and paste the table format in Outlook to a word file. Now I don't seem to be able to do it although I can print the file in that format within Outlook. When I export the inbox to word I get the whole text not just the headings. Is it possible to transfer the table format to a word file? ...

make a page permanent
I am new to onenote, I have set up some pages that I would like to make permanent. Is there away I can to that? It all depends on what you mean by "permanent." Can you clarify the task you have in mind? -- Thanks, John Guin OneNote Test Team http://blogs.msdn.com/johnguin "musicandbeer" wrote: > I am new to onenote, I have set up some pages that I would like to make > permanent. Is there away I can to that? John, I have made a note book with pages I never want to change, or atleast not very often. Every time I open it all the boxes show u...

How do I display two excel pages at the same time?
I want to have two excel pages displayed on my computer at the same time, but when I open both pages it uses the same master excel and when I toggle between the two it won't open both of them up. I'm using office 2003. Thanks for the help. -- snowtime ------------------------------------------------------------------------ snowtime's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25982 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=393499 Open both and then do windows>arrange and vertical (or any of the other choices, I usuall...

Page Number in Repeat Rows area
Is there a way that I can put a Page Number in the Repeat Rows area of a sheet - and get it to update when I print? I have found one piece of VBA that puts a page number within a cell but it is only updated if the cell is outside the Repeat Row area. When it is within the Repeat Rows area I just get a page number of 1 corresponding to the original row location.. I do some VBA programming but am not an expert. TIA cheers Chris Nothing comes to mind that doesn't require VBA code. You can paste the following in the sheet header (File | Page Setup) and page x of y will print on ea...

Print Macro #2
Trying to write a macro to print a spreadsheet where the number of rows of data varies. What's wrong with this code? Dim rng As Range Set rng = Range("A1").End(xlDown).End(xlToRight) With ActiveSheet.PageSetup .PrintArea = rng End With Thank you. Pam Hi Pam Leave your PrintArea empty Excel will print all cells with a value on the sheet -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "Pam" <gasp0225@juno.com> wrote in message news:16e401c38521$a7d25420$3501280a@phx.gbl... > Trying to write a macro to ...

Question Regarding Excel 2007 Formatting Corruption

Printing Labels on Sato CL408
We are in the process of migrating from our existing proprietary POS and Inventory system to RMS. Part of the migration involves migrating the label printing function for our existing Sato CL408 label printers. I have done this successfully except for one detail. The labels are small labels (1 in. by 1.5 in) that are printed side-by-side. To get the second side-by-side label to print, I have to "fool" the label designer wizard into thinking it is printing to a label 3.5 inches wide. The data on the left side is duplicated on the right side, resulting in two labels being p...

Odd problem with worksheets when opening file
Okay, here's the odd problem that's come up. When you double click on a excel file, excel opens up, but you can onl see the toolbars. The grid area looks like a snapshot of whatever you current background is before the file opened up. If you were showin your desktop, after the excel file opened, you'd still see your deskto in the datagrid area. If you start up a new excel file, then do the File>Open>file name, th file will open correctly. This problem happens across users here. Everyone is currently runnin office 2K. Any ideas on what causes the problem and any...

Locks up when clicking on links in open web pages
I don't know if I'm posting this in the correct discussion group, and if not, sorry for the trouble. Could you direct me if I'm wrong? The issue is that the internet connection locks up if I click on a link or attempt to print from within an open website. It does not happen each time, but often enough to make me want to pull my hair! I have to shut down the connection - the message says it is 'not responding,' and reconnect, sometimes 2 or 3 times, to be able to use the link from the website. I have a second laptop, and it doesn't have this problem. ...

Textbox's truncated once printed (Excel 2000)
When using text boxs in excel if the data entry is larger than the text box it does not print out everything in the text box. Is there a way to get it to print out all the information contained in the text box. For the only two solutions I can think of is 1) Make the text boxs bigger but my manager rejected the idea. 2)Cut an paste the information onto a excel spreedsheet then print it that way by using a macro but that is a last resort. Dear Robert, 1) 2) and 3) Reject your manager. If it doesn't fit, it doesn't. 4) Perhaps ... use a smaller font? 5) Refrase your text ... Fran...

Update another CPropertySheet page
I have a program which contains 3 CPropertySheet pages. When I add the change the value in Page 1, then it should automatically update a corresponding field in the Page 2. How can I access from one page to another? Thanks. Yan yan wrote: > I have a program which contains 3 CPropertySheet pages. When I add the > change the value in Page 1, then it should automatically update a > corresponding field in the Page 2. How can I access from one page to > another? > > Thanks. > > Yan > > You cannot do that. When you change a value in Page 1 there are cases ...

Insert Page Numbers on Worksheet in Excel 2007
In Excel 2003, if you wanted to put page numbers on multiple worksheets in a workbook, you grouped the worksheets and then added a header or footer, using the page number function. All of your grouped worksheets would shows its own page number. But in Excel 2007, only my first worksheet is numbered when I do this (as Page 1). What's the problem? Do I actually have to put a page number, one by one, on each worksheet? I cannot replicate your problem with 2007. Grouped sheets behave exactly as 2003 did. After grouping and adding a header of Page 1 did you do a print p...

owa logout show the page cannot be display
The event 36 was triggered when Outlook Web Access (2003) users clicked the "Log Off" shortcut. The OWA user would receive the following message when logging off: "The page cannot be displayed. I try to search on google, some of newsgroup report follow microsoft article Q318239 can fix the issue. but this article can not found on support.microsoft.com. anyone have experience about event 36 OWA logout issue. Please help ...

Sheet display vrs. Print Preview
Why would a sheet display differently than when it is printed. I have an excel file that looks like it prints on my bosses computer but on my pc the page breaks are different the word warps are different. This makes it difficult to work with because it will not print the same on my pc and his. We are both using Excel 2003. Thanks for helping. This could have a great deal to do with the printer drivers. Are you printing to the same printer? ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com www.MyExpertsOnline.com "Byron" <Byron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

odd files created
Every time I open and edit an excel spreadsheet on a network share, small odd files get created. They are usually no larger than 25-40k and don't have any extensions to them. Looking at the properties page for any file, the file description says File. Anyone know what this is from or how to get rid of them? Permissions are setup correctly for me, Word files don't have this behavior. Excel 2000 SP3 Thanks, Hi Brian, A file the same size as the workbook would be created in the same directory as the workbook. The filename would be nonsensical (or appear to be random) character...

Export Format not avaiable
"The Format in which you are attempting to output the currentobject is not available." I hate access sometimes. It just get's weird, throwing bogus error messages all over the place. I have about 30 seperate queries that I run out to spreadsheets via macro. I have already found out that things can get all screwed up, (meaning it bombs) when those spreadsheets already exist, so the first thing I do is delete the existing spreadsheets, then let them rip. I run into this every once in a while: 20 or so queries into my macro, a query will fail with the above er...

xy scatter format
Hi Hope someone can help. I have a chart i want to make look a little more professional. The chart plots three points within two boxes. the points should be inside the box box 1 has the following coordinates x y 15 70000 15 115000 21.5 155800 30 155800 30 115000 25 70000 15 70000 the chart scale is x 14-32 & y 60000-160000 I would like to make the plot area outside the box black to indicate the no go area. Is this possible? Then to take it further there should be a further smaller box (coordinates unimportant) inside the 1st box to indicate a warning. I would like the plot area ...

Image doesn't show on first page
I have a report that is pulling different images from a file. It is working fine except the image doesn't appear on the first page screen, but does if I print it out. Any ideas why the image is missing on the first screen? ...

Print Full Bleed in Publisher? Can I eliminate the non-printable a
Hi there I have a "Print Merge" document I am printing. It's basically tickets 6 up on a page and I'm using Print Merge to number the tickets. Also have it set up to print multiple (page size is 2.75inch by 5.5inch). I have the margins set to ZERO and the horizontal, and sides set to ZERO as well. My printer supports full bleed and I can print full bleed from this PC using the same driver with all other programs (Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, etc, etc), just not with Publisher. I've checked the forums here and can't seem to find a solution. I've selected t...

Clip Art Shifts on Printing
Hi, I have a document with a text box and a clip art border made up of several individual files ... the document shows up fine in Publisher's print preview (although it turns from color to grayscale - another issue?), and in fact printed fine for several prints, but then, without any changes in the document, one clip art file is "shifting" a bit only on printing ... it still looks okay in Publisher print preview. Working on Windows XP but with Office 2007 elements, on an HP Deskjet 5150. The printer's preview now shows the print job as it actually comes out with the c...

How to link a word or a sentance to a page or a subpage OneNote 2007
OneNote 2007 I would like to link a word "Development Tools" to a subpage I already created and have alot of information. And also how can in the future create link from a word or a sentance to a page and also to a subpage. thank you for your help. msw wrote: > OneNote 2007 I would like to link a word "Development Tools" to a > subpage I already created and have alot of information. 1.) Create a hyperlink to the page/paragraph you want to be reached (target), use the right-mouse context-menu; 2.) on the page(a) where from you want to reach the ...