Printing Newsletter in Publisher 2003

I have Publisher 2003 on an XP OS and trying to print a newsletter with 2
pages per tabloid size paper. I was able to do this OK with Publisher 2000.
It seems that the 2003 version does not have a "Book fold" option for the
layout. The Print Preview looks OK and shows page 6 and 1 for the layout.
For layout I choose "Booklet". What I get is page 6 and 1 on 1/2 of the
11x17 paper. Help!
Gary

0
kate1 (15)

Gary are you printing to a laser printer???
If you are, you are running out of printer memory.
Have a look in the properties of the printer driver, and change the settings
from Vector to Raw or the other way around and give that a try.  If that
does not work, add more printer memory.

donotknock (1941)
1/20/2004 5:00:07 AM
The printer is a Deskjet 1120C. I remember that had to print directly from
the Parallel Port on the PC that has Win2000.
Gary

"���MS�Publisher���" <donotknock@nobodyhome.com> wrote in message
> Gary are you printing to a laser printer???
> If you are, you are running out of printer memory.
> Have a look in the properties of the printer driver, and change the
settings
> from Vector to Raw or the other way around and give that a try.  If that
> does not work, add more printer memory.

kate1 (15)
1/20/2004 6:08:13 AM
After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message
from Gary Lindgren <kate@theconnection.com>...
> I have Publisher 2003 on an XP OS and trying to print a newsletter
> with 2 pages per tabloid size paper. I was able to do this OK with
> Publisher 2000. It seems that the 2003 version does not have a "Book
> fold" option for the layout. The Print Preview looks OK and shows
> page 6 and 1 for the layout. For layout I choose "Booklet". What I
> get is page 6 and 1 on 1/2 of the 11x17 paper. Help!

What paper size do you have selected in your HP printer driver?
Are you using Zoom Smart?
The Booklet option in Publisher 2002 and 2003 is identical to the Book Fold
option in previous versions.
How many pages are in your booklet?

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

0
the_nerd (6344)
1/20/2004 7:50:29 AM
Ed,
Thank you for the reply. I believe my problem was that I was trying to print
6 pages. I removed the center 2 pages and put them in a new file and now
it's OK. I print 4 pages on tabloid and all is fine.
Thank you,
Gary

> After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message
> from Gary Lindgren <kate@theconnection.com>...
> > I have Publisher 2003 on an XP OS and trying to print a newsletter
> > with 2 pages per tabloid size paper. I was able to do this OK with
> > Publisher 2000. It seems that the 2003 version does not have a "Book
> > fold" option for the layout. The Print Preview looks OK and shows
> > page 6 and 1 for the layout. For layout I choose "Booklet". What I
> > get is page 6 and 1 on 1/2 of the 11x17 paper. Help!
>
> What paper size do you have selected in your HP printer driver?
> Are you using Zoom Smart?
> The Booklet option in Publisher 2002 and 2003 is identical to the Book
Fold
> option in previous versions.
> How many pages are in your booklet?
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/
> Before reading this message, view the disclaimer:
> http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm

0
kate1 (15)

Bought Pub 2003 now it won't open my Pub 2003 file
I just bought Publisher 2003 yesterday. I spent 3 hours creating a project. I tried to laod the saved project and got the message "Publisher can not open file. I tried open pun 97 files with the same result. I've used Publisher 2.0, 97 for years. What am I missing? Most likely you are running Norton Anti-Virus. Norton AV can actually break a Publisher file rendering it unusable. You need to disable script-blocking and possibly the Office plug-in components of Norton AV. Refer to http://www.davidbartosik.com/pub2002/pub2002_issues.htm -- David Bartosik - MS MVP for Publisher help...

How i change headers in different sections Microsoft Publisher 20.
I am trying to make a school newspaper using the Microsoft Publisher 2007. Anad i heed to have different headers in different sections, i cannot do that. The newspaper is going to be about 32 pages. Are you using one of the templates? What template? What happens when you try to change the headers? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Vasso" <Vasso@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A0F7FA6B-21AB-4C28-A191-2B4742E63FCA@microsoft.com... >I am trying to make a school newspaper using the Mi...

Excel 2003 not understanding Access 2003 "like"
I have a number of Access queries linked and displayed in an Excel workbook by way of Data, Import External Data, Import Data. Some of the criteria and select statements in the queries use the keyword "Like" (e.g. Like "*Smith" to pull up all names ending in "Smith"). These statements seem to be completely ignored by Excel so that records I should see are not appearing in the workbook. This worked fine in versions 97 (from which we've just upgraded) so is this a version 2003 bug? If so, is there a fix? ...

Change 2007 excel Autofilter back to 2003?
Does anyone know if there is a way to change excel's 2007 autofilter functionality back to like excel 2003 autoflilter use to work? I need to quickly bring up like values and compare other columns based upon the filtered values and the extra clicking of the check boxes is driving me nuts! If it helps any (and if you haven't thought about it yet), you can click the "(Select All)" entry twice to remove your current selections. -- Rick (MVP - Excel) "jonnybrovo815" <jonnybrovo815@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:36837406-1...

How do I print a text file ?
Hi, I am new to the group and wonder if any of you could offer any advice. I am trying to print a text file directly from my visual c++ application to the default printer without displaying the print dialog What is the best way of doing this ? If it is not possible to print directly from a text file, what commands to I use in between CDC::StartPage () To print the following Hello, my name is Joe Bloggs How are you I hope you can help with this problem etc..... CDC::EndPage () Thanks in advance Paul Paul, More info on printing than you can comfortably shake a stick at: http://www....

can I print selected cells only within a worksheet
I have designed a simple template using text only for a unique advice note. I want to be able to add variable information within this template but need only for the variable information to print onto a pre-printed advice note. I do not want to hide the template as I need to see exactly where to insert the variables but I do not want it to print. Anyone help? Thanks. Maybe you can use this ? http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#Hide -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "martin hanley" <martin hanley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AA062677-3...

Page SetUp Print Problems
A friend has a spreadsheet that is giving him some problems. We go to Page Break Preview and the sheet is 2 pages wide. My friend wanted to make 1 page wide so we dragged the blue line to the right to make it one page. Excel, instead of doing that, made it 20 or more pages. We went to the Page Setup and noticed that Excel had changed the scaling down to 10%. We wanted it to be 1 page wide by 6 pages long so we put that info in but Excel did not accept it. We thought maybe something was wrong with the sheet itself so we selected all the cells and cut/paste them into a new sheet - but it s...

How many actual users in Exchange 2003?
How can I find out how many users I have on Exchange 2003? In 5.5 I could go to the recipients folder in the Exchange Admin program and it would tell me how many. I know that Exchange 2003 uses Active Directory but I still can not find an exact way to tell me how many mailboxes I have. We want to make sure we are not exceeding our license and will buy more if needed. In Exchange System Manager browse down to your Mailbox Store (under your Server object and Storage Group) and go to Mailboxes and see on your right hand side. If you have more than one mailbox store, check each one. --...

record and print amounts in multiple boxes on 1099 forms
We have had several clients that have been very disappointed to learn that they can only do 1 amount box per 1099. For instance, they might need an amount for rents and one for non-employee compensation. I think it would need to be settable at time of transaction entry. One of our clients said they could do that in Quickbooks and was very surprised to learn that GP won't do it. -- BrianB ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in th...

PUBLISHER
I have duplicated HUNDREDS OF PAGES of this 27 page publisher document - then deleted & recopied. Now, it says CANNOT COMPLETE OPERATION. I'm pannicked! Because i really need to understand why. HELP! What do you mean you duplicated hundreds of pages of a 27 page document? You've created duplicate pages? What operation can Publisher not complete? Sounds like you've corrupted the file (and the question). You may have to re-state this question. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression Web "Mark Mera" <Mar...

Subform
I'm trying to add a subform to a form that I had already created. The subform is based off the field for the Patient Visit Date. Each patient may have multiple visit dates, so I added the subform to be able to capture multiple values for the same patient, but whenever I try to enter more than one date I get an error message that says "You can't assign a value to this object. * The object may be a control on a read-only form * The object may be on a form that is open in design view * The value may be too large for this field." I was hoping that when I enter...

Publisher calendars #2
I'd like to know how to put the "Sunday" column at the far left This is determined by your regional settings in the control panel. A workaround, find a year where Sunday falls on your calendar start day and change the week headings. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "arriputter" <arriputter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AFA42774-09A1-4A61-AEC0-0E61C45B6975@microsoft.com... > I'd like to know how to put the "Sunday" column at the far left ...

Frontpage 2003 network link
Question: for the life of me I can't remember how to create a network link to my website so I can open it directly in Frontpage. Meaning... If I want to edit my webpage in frontpage 2003 directly instead of using my local copy of the website. How do I create a link on my computer and put it on my desktop? I, know this is probably an easy thing for you "brainies" but I can't remember how to do it. Please assist. There are two ways: Open FrontPage and use File->Recent Sites This option will keep the last four websites opened. Opening the website in FrontPage ...

publishing images with Excel workbook
I have created an workbook with Excel and put a photo on the first page. when I publish the workbook as an web page (interactivity) my photo is missing. Anyone know what I am doing wrong? I have try everything I know to do = insert picture, putting copying photo to clipboard and shift, pasta picture and still logo is missing. Lee ...

Published 2000 pictures make file sizes too big
I have scanned pictures using Microsoft Photo/Draw. The pictures are around 250 KB but when I put them in my Published document, the file grows to 14,000KB. I can't email them or save them on a floppy. How can I get this file size down You may have to convert the file to a pdf format. Publisher just make humongous files. You have several choices when it comes to a pdf converter program from freebees to Adobe Acrobat. The later is on the spendy side and the freebees may disappoint you. My choice after comparing 5 pdf converter programs was PDF-XChange, a very nice commercial produc...

Can publisher 2003 be installed on 2 computers?
I have a office computer and home computer. I will be purchasing Publisher 2003, but can I install them on both of my computers? campfig wrote: > I have a office computer and home computer. I will be purchasing > Publisher 2003, but can I install them on both of my computers? Technically, Publisher 2003 can be installed on a desktop and a mobile computer (ie laptop). When you go to activate your second computer it just depends on whether or not you tell them it's a laptop. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com Windows Marketplace Moderator This...

Chart drawing problem in Excel 2003
Over the last few months I have had the same problem in excel with all charts where I've used a two colour fill effect for either a data series or background. When I use this feature the entire chart is only viewable in black and white and excel takes a long time to actually draw the chart. However if I print the chart or even copy and paste into excel all the colours are as they should be. The mpeg moving shows how excel draws an example chart when the chart sheet is activated http://www.paperlessbooks.co.uk/barchart_example.avi and to see how excel prints to pdf see the pdf belo...

Can't get Publisher to give "send as message" as an email option
We use Windows live Mail which won't work with publisher. So for the purposes of sending out an email I changed the default program to Windows mail But, under the option "send email" only the send as attachment option appears. I have changed the default program in Vista to use windows mail. Help ...

Exchange Eval 2003
Is there a way to tell when the Eval copy of Exchange 2003 is going to Expire? Thanks Roger Crawford HTS On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 17:34:18 -0600, Roger Crawford wrote: > Is there a way to tell when the Eval copy of Exchange 2003 is going to > Expire? Thanks Add 120 days to the installation date, if you're unsure when Exchange actually was installed, check the "Exchange Server Setup Progress.log" file typically found on your C: drive. Regards -- Henrik Walther http://exchange-faq.dk ...

I'm looking for a way to search for any sent messages that are over 90 days of age. I'm able to manually create the criteria: Search in: 'Sent Items', where item is 'Sent on or before' and a manually entered date but can't seem to find a automatic way for the 'Value'. Online help gives no reference on how to create a condition of 'Over xx Days'. ...

Printing the contacts in Exchange OWA 2000 or 2003
Is there any way to cleanly print out all the contacts in OWA Exchange 2000 or 2003? You can print a mailbox's contacts from Outlook. As far as contact objects in the domain/enterprise, you'll probably need to script somethign to extract the data adn then you could format it with Word. -- -- Brian Desmond Windows Server MVP desmondb@payton.cps.k12.il.us Http://www.briandesmond.com "Srfrdrew" <Srfrdrew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07829507-865A-4F36-89B9-163D5034208E@microsoft.com... > Is there any way to cleanly print out all the contact...

How would you print a list of all the email addresses?
Exchange 2003 on AD 2003 IBM server. Need to print out a list of all user email addresses. How is this done? Probably select the user container and choose columns from the view menu and pick email address. Then choose export list under the actions menu. -- regards, Michael Abbaticchio MVP for Microsoft Exchange Server http://mvps.org/exchange "aspirin" <aspirin2004@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:040701c47a77$e697a010$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Exchange 2003 on AD 2003 IBM server. Need to print out a > list of all user email addresses. How is this done? Thank y...

print column labels with one row of data at a time.
I am a teacher. I have created my gradebook in excel. (I don't have access). I have 7 worksheets (one for each class that I teach). The worksheets are not exactly the same. I would like to be able to print out the top two rows (column labels) with each students data (row). This way the student can see row 1 (name of assignment), row 2 (points), their row (their personal data for each assignment). Any help?? Go to File > Page Setup > Sheet Then in the "Rows to repeat at top" highlight the label headings row(s). HTH -- _______________________ Naz, London...

Printing radio buttons
When I print a sheet with radio buttons they display with shadows around them. Is it possible to change their properties so that they simply print the circular outlines of the buttons instead of the boxed shadows? ...

Outlook 2003 get rid of double space in Comments?
I cut and paste information from emails into Outlook Calendar comments. But sometimes it ends up double spaced on some lines (i.e. blank lines between lines). How can you get rid of this, there doesn't seem to be anyway from the FONTS screen. ...