Printing Newsletter in Publisher 2003

I have Publisher 2003 on an XP OS and trying to print a newsletter with 2
pages per tabloid size paper. I was able to do this OK with Publisher 2000.
It seems that the 2003 version does not have a "Book fold" option for the
layout. The Print Preview looks OK and shows page 6 and 1 for the layout.
For layout I choose "Booklet". What I get is page 6 and 1 on 1/2 of the
11x17 paper. Help!
Gary

0
kate1 (15)

Gary are you printing to a laser printer???
If you are, you are running out of printer memory.
Have a look in the properties of the printer driver, and change the settings
from Vector to Raw or the other way around and give that a try.  If that
does not work, add more printer memory.

donotknock (1941)
1/20/2004 5:00:07 AM
The printer is a Deskjet 1120C. I remember that had to print directly from
the Parallel Port on the PC that has Win2000.
Gary

"���MS�Publisher���" <donotknock@nobodyhome.com> wrote in message
> Gary are you printing to a laser printer???
> If you are, you are running out of printer memory.
> Have a look in the properties of the printer driver, and change the
settings
> from Vector to Raw or the other way around and give that a try.  If that
> does not work, add more printer memory.

kate1 (15)
1/20/2004 6:08:13 AM
After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message
from Gary Lindgren <kate@theconnection.com>...
> I have Publisher 2003 on an XP OS and trying to print a newsletter
> with 2 pages per tabloid size paper. I was able to do this OK with
> Publisher 2000. It seems that the 2003 version does not have a "Book
> fold" option for the layout. The Print Preview looks OK and shows
> page 6 and 1 for the layout. For layout I choose "Booklet". What I
> get is page 6 and 1 on 1/2 of the 11x17 paper. Help!

What paper size do you have selected in your HP printer driver?
Are you using Zoom Smart?
The Booklet option in Publisher 2002 and 2003 is identical to the Book Fold
option in previous versions.
How many pages are in your booklet?

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

0
the_nerd (6342)
1/20/2004 7:50:29 AM
Ed,
Thank you for the reply. I believe my problem was that I was trying to print
6 pages. I removed the center 2 pages and put them in a new file and now
it's OK. I print 4 pages on tabloid and all is fine.
Thank you,
Gary

> After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message
> from Gary Lindgren <kate@theconnection.com>...
> > I have Publisher 2003 on an XP OS and trying to print a newsletter
> > with 2 pages per tabloid size paper. I was able to do this OK with
> > Publisher 2000. It seems that the 2003 version does not have a "Book
> > fold" option for the layout. The Print Preview looks OK and shows
> > page 6 and 1 for the layout. For layout I choose "Booklet". What I
> > get is page 6 and 1 on 1/2 of the 11x17 paper. Help!
>
> What paper size do you have selected in your HP printer driver?
> Are you using Zoom Smart?
> The Booklet option in Publisher 2002 and 2003 is identical to the Book
Fold
> option in previous versions.
> How many pages are in your booklet?
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/
> Before reading this message, view the disclaimer:
> http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm

0
kate1 (15)

Word 2003 Problems
This is happening on 2 different computers: Word 2003 will not directly open a document from the desktop or the My Docs folder (or any folder). File - Open will open the file, but it can't be edited and the mouse won't work, you can't click in the file to go to a specific place in the document. I appreciate any help. You may want to check the "file association" or "file type" that .doc are associated to. Open for instance "My Documents" go to "tools" > "folder options" > "file types" and then s...

Word 2003 VB
I woudl appreciate some help with my syntax please.... I am trying to prevent a word form document being left blank. I wrote the following from an example in this community but I get an error message 13 when running it. I have attached this to the Field Exit property. The formfield name is FF1. Public Sub FieldExitMacro() If (ActiveDocument.FormFields("FF1").Result) = 0 Then MsgBox "Sorry, you cannot leave this field blank" End If End Sub Thanks -- Nigel Forge ...

Need help with moving Public folder from exch 2000 to 2003
I am trying to upgrade my server from Exch 2000 to 2003. I moved all the users mailbox without problem but can't seem to move the public folder. I try setting up replication but doesn't seem to work. any white paper or KB that give the procedure? I tried searching the site for days already but never seem to find an answer for this. There are lots of article on how to move from 5.5 to 2000 but none from 2000 to 2003 This kb might be useful as it discusses how to troubleshoot replication issues http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;842273 Regards Gordon ...

Publisher 2007 Merge Print Screen
This only happens in Publisher 2007. I do merges: in Excel, in Word, & in Publisher. When the "print" screen comes up in Publisher, the screen is so large, I have to push up as far as I can, and there's just a sliver of the print button on the bottom - can't even see the "print" word on the button. However, my cursor does react with it, so I do print successfully. I just would like to know if there's a way to make this one screen smaller. There's no arrows at any of the corners, so I can't squeeze it down. Thank you! lewzan wrote: > When the...

Prodct keys for Visio 2003
I have the CD for Visio 2003.I dont have the product keys.How can i get the keys.Somebody help.Very urgent Plz.Thans in advance Replacement of CD or Product Keys To replace a CD or Product Key, you must contact PSS. To locate the appropriate phone number for your product, visit the following Microsoft Web site: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;CNTACTMS "Rupesh" <Rupesh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A9331A92-45FA-4390-A292-822B4EE3D18D@microsoft.com... >I have the CD for Visio 2003.I dont have the product keys.How can i get the &...

Converting database from Access 2002 to 2003
I am upgrading a pc from access 2002 to 2003 and an Access database I am using is not recognizing a field in 2003. Below are details to find where I am stuck: There is a form "FrmMembers" in Arbor.mdb and you look at the buttons "Print Acknowledgement" and "Print Ack Env". The buttons try to print a report that in 2003 just displays errors. If you go to the design view of "FrmMembers" and look in the field "PKID" there is an error for "Members.PKID" saying "Invalid Control Property: Control Source" "No Suc...

change field number automatically when printing
We have a form in Excel, it is only one page, but we need a number on the right top corner of the sheet that changes automatically evey time we print the form Is there any way to do this Thank you You could use a Workbook BeforePrint macro that do that, assume the number is in cell G1 Range("G1").Value = Range("G1").Value + 1 like this Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) Range("G1").Value = Range("G1").Value + 1 End Sub -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "sponder" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

Microsoft Publisher #2
Trying to open email attachment (newsletter) created with Mircosoft Publisher. File 'saves' from attachment to 'Downloadw' but will not open in Publisher. Message reads "Publisher cannot open file" with an 'okay' button. Also, unable to print that screen to send to original sender. Are the versions of Publisher the same or is your version a later version? Are you running that garbage software Symantec Norton AV? -- "If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there!" Is the attachment a .pub file? -- JoAnn Paules M...

Outlook Express wants to load when Outlook 2003 starts
Hi, Everytime I load Outlook 2003, the "Manage Identities" box shows up for Outlook Express within two seconds. Anyone know why OE is trying to start when I load up Outlook 2003? Thanks Which application is set as the Default (in Internet Explorer, Tools>Internet Options>Programs tab)? I'm wondering if a shared resource isn't being touched and you have some sort of registration issue. You might try toggling the default, click Apply and then restart Outlook 2003. I'll check further with some solution notes when I get into the office. Let me know what ha...

RUS Issue 2003?
Hello All: Having an issue with our Exchange that from what I have read, may be a RUS issue?? What is happening is this. If we create a new user account and mailbox, the mailbox is not appearing in the appropriate storage group nor the email address in the GAL. When I check the advanced Exchange Tab on the newly created user account and look at mailbox permissions, only SELF is present. Normally, there is a whole host of inheritted permissions. The account is also set to inherit email addresses from the global recipient policy and does not. No addresses are present for the user. If I ...

Outlook 2003 / Clock gif missing in Outlook Today View
After I installed Office 2003, my Outlook Today bar is missing the clock.gif (outlook icon). I also cannot change the styles in the customize settings. The following MSKB article was written for Outlook 2002 but it should work for Outlook 2003 as well. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305970&Product=out -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:0a5801c3b91d$2ba723f0$a001280a@phx.gbl, John C. wrote: > After I installed Of...

Help please
I have an Excel 2003 spreadsheet that I keep golf scores and with some formulas I maintain my golf handicap. I would like to have an interface, form, etc that will allow me to do the following: 1) Enter data for a golf round (name, date, course, rating1, rating2, score) 2) Display data for a golfer 3) Perform functions on the data in the spreadsheet (modify/delete data, compute handicaps, etc) I'm not sure if there is something within Excel (VBA?) that will allow this or if there is some shareware or freeware that is specifically designed for this but any help would be gre...

Developer Extensions for Access 2003...
Alright, This is one massive run-around. I have Office 2003 Complete. SO I have Access 2003. I have Visual Studio 2008 Professional. I downloaded the VSTO for 2005 which is supposedly the package for these Access Developer Extensions. When I went to install it, it only gave me the option to repair or uninstall. I looked through and found the folder where it updated during the repair process, (under Program Files\Common Files) but the only executable is install.exe! Where is the darn thing? I'm trying to set up my system so I can finalize the development of an Acce...

Publisher very slow.....
I have tried to look through other posts and did what people suggested: turn down acceleration and update video driver. I have Publisher 2002 SP3. Is there any updates that can help me? The file has a small advertisment I made that is 2x2.58 inches with 4 pictures that are all cropped and some text boxes... It takes a long time to load and if I try to move something or select something it takes what seems like a minute before I can work with it. Any ideas??? Did you create this publication in an earlier version of Publisher? WordArt? When You Add WordArt Objects Publisher 2002 Slows D...

Cannot open Publisher file #2
I created a newsletter in Publisher last week and went to open it yesterday to finish it, but I keep getting a message saying Publisher cannot open the file. I have been working on it all week and had no problems, but suddenly it won't open. I haven't a clue as to what is wrong with the file or what could have happened. I use Publisher 2000 right now and have never had this happen before. I can't even find any backup for the file, which I usually have. Has anyone ever experienced this problem and if so what caused it? If I have to recreate this whole thing I am going to h...

Outlook 2003 created multiple Identical personal folders
I just installed Outlook 2003 on a new laptop. When I imported my old .pst file, two "new" personal folders were created. Both of the folders contain exactly the same information (inbox, contacts, etc) as the primary. Deleting from any one deletss from all three. I have tried the "removing duplicate personal folders" procedure at Microsoft.com. I can rename to top folder but not the next two. Outlook won't let me delete either of the second two because it says that nay of them is primary. Any help would be appreciated. Dear "frustrated" I hope...

Can't export to CSV from Money 2003
I suddenly am unable to export a money report and save as a CSV. I am able to save, but when excel 2003 opens up, there is nothing. When I look at the details of the csv file, there are 0 kb. I don't know if this is a money problem, excel problem or a windows problem. Has anyone seen or heard of anything like this? ...

Excel 2003 and Labels (NOT Address Labels)
Okay, this is insanse. Have a spreadsheet where I input data into one cell, a calculation based on that data is run via vb macro, and then a single column of data with 80 rows is generated. CellA1 CellA2 .... CellA80 I need two things: One: I need all 80 results printed onto Avery 5267 format sheets of Labels. I will need four copies of each label, and I need the sheet to print EXACTLY like this (not allowed to vary on this): CellA1 CellA1 CellA1 CellA1 CellA2 CellA2 CellA2 CellA2 etc ... Two: I would like to NOT use Word. I've tried formatting the cel...

Windows 2003: Issue user certificate on behalf of a user
Hi there, I'm working on an application where we are going to use User Principal Name Mapping (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb742438.aspx) to map incoming requests on our application to windows accounts. From what I understand, this will require user certificates issued by a CA within the domain. I've got a test Windows 2003 R2 domain up and running and have the CA running as well. What I can't figure out is how to issue a certificate for a user without logging in as that user and using the web enrollment app. Is there any way for a domai...

How to save a Publisher 2003 file to open as Pulbisher 97?
I need to share a few files with someone who has Publisher 97. I have Publisher 2003. What format do I need to save my file as to let them view/print/change the file? Is this possible? Please help. Thanks. Ann Can't be done. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Mannjash" <Mannjash@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80924108-2165-416D-BA4B-9F467062298E@microsoft.com... >I need to share a few files with someone who has Publisher 97. I have > Publisher 2003. What format do I need to save my file as to let them > view/print/change ...

Unable to change password on the next logon to OWA 2003
If I have created a user and place a check mark to change the password on the next logon, then it is not able to logon. If I don't check this option, everything works fine, including the option to change the password. The system is Windows 2003 SP1 + Exchange 2003 SP2 and all hotfixes associated. I have followed the KB 833734, but it did not work as expected. The user try logging on and a page 403 "You are not authorized to view this page" appears. Any Ideas? ...

OWA 2003 #11
Hi, I don't know what I have done but within IIS I have seriously mucked up our OWA 2003 settings. Our users can get into OWA fine and can read their mails etc but cannot delete them. I think its a permissions problem. Can somebody kindly point me to the right direction of what permissions should be set where etc? Many thanks Hades "Hades" <no@thank.you> wrote in message news:e9Rz3LTCFHA.3736@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I don't know what I have done but within IIS I have seriously mucked up > our OWA 2003 settings. Our users can get in...

How do I set up my page to print business cards on Microsoft Publ.
"Dayna Thomas" <Dayna Thomas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0DFC66BF-D3FA-45E8-BE67-D6B3A5F40D38@microsoft.com... > Here's I do it with Publisher 2000. File Page Setup Special Size Business Card from the drop down menu OK Create card. Assuming you are using standard business card stock of 2 wide and 5 high; File Print Page options button Print multiple copies per sheet Custom options button Margins = .5" Gap = 0" Side Margins = .75" Vertical gap = 0&qu...

excell 2003
when saving my documents on a CD, it is saved as read only which requires a password to make future changes. how do i eliminate the read only status? the original documents are never save as read only. please help. Most all CD's are read only. Are you using a CD-RW disk? -- John johnf 202 at hotmail dot com "rrdean" <rrdean101@aol> wrote in message news:034d01c3dae9$fe199370$a401280a@phx.gbl... | when saving my documents on a CD, it is saved as read | only which requires a password to make future changes. | how do i eliminate the read only status? the original...

Spell Check Icon
I run Windows XP and have recently installed offcie 2003, and migrated in process from Outlook Express to Outlook. I cannot seem to find a Spell Checker Icon to add to my tool bar. I have used Microsoft for many years and many versions and am probably classed as an Intermediate to Advanced user and have never had a problem setting this up before. Any suggestions or advice would be most appreciated You can add it to the toolbar in the mail editor while editing/creating a new mail item. "Tazz" <Tazz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D63173CA-FD7B-49A8-9...