Printing multiple duplex copies with Publisher 2003

I have a user printing from PUblisher 2003 (with Windows XP SP2) to an HP
5500 dtn network printer. When she tries to print multiple copies in duplex
mode it only prints one copy no matter how many copies she asks for. Another
user printing the same file from Publisher 2002 to the same printer can print
multiple duplex copies- though this user has to go to the Basics tab to
change the number of copies (the Number of copies option is greyed out in the
Copies section of the Print window) . We have tried 3 different current HP
drivers for the printer, PCL 5c, PCL6 (the one we normally use) and the PS
driver- same problem for all drivers. I have also tried printing from my
computer (also with XP SP2 and Publisher 2003) and I have the same problem.
GregP (3)

Have you asked HP? HP has a lot of support documents.

HP says this in one article
Delete the print driver from the computer and delete the port created for it. Install
the print driver on the computer as a network printer and browse to the print queue
on the Print Server Appliance. (This is assuming you are using an HP Print Server. If
you are using an HP server, they strongly advise a firmware update.
--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"GregP" <GregP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a user printing from PUblisher 2003 (with Windows XP SP2) to an HP
> 5500 dtn network printer. When she tries to print multiple copies in duplex
> mode it only prints one copy no matter how many copies she asks for. Another
> user printing the same file from Publisher 2002 to the same printer can print
> multiple duplex copies- though this user has to go to the Basics tab to
> change the number of copies (the Number of copies option is greyed out in the
> Copies section of the Print window) . We have tried 3 different current HP
> drivers for the printer, PCL 5c, PCL6 (the one we normally use) and the PS
> driver- same problem for all drivers. I have also tried printing from my
> computer (also with XP SP2 and Publisher 2003) and I have the same problem.

gsauer (5093)
5/24/2005 10:05:03 PM
Thanks Mary. The printer is installed on a dedicated File/Print server with
Windows Server 2003. The firmware for the printer is the latest version. I
have also e-mailed HP support for assistance, just haven't heard back from
them yet. At this point I'm looking for suggestions from anyone!

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Have you asked HP? HP has a lot of support documents.
>

> HP says this in one article
> Delete the print driver from the computer and delete the port created for it. Install
> the print driver on the computer as a network printer and browse to the print queue
> on the Print Server Appliance. (This is assuming you are using an HP Print Server. If
> you are using an HP server, they strongly advise a firmware update.
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> "GregP" <GregP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a user printing from PUblisher 2003 (with Windows XP SP2) to an HP
> > 5500 dtn network printer. When she tries to print multiple copies in duplex
> > mode it only prints one copy no matter how many copies she asks for. Another
> > user printing the same file from Publisher 2002 to the same printer can print
> > multiple duplex copies- though this user has to go to the Basics tab to
> > change the number of copies (the Number of copies option is greyed out in the
> > Copies section of the Print window) . We have tried 3 different current HP
> > drivers for the printer, PCL 5c, PCL6 (the one we normally use) and the PS
> > driver- same problem for all drivers. I have also tried printing from my
> > computer (also with XP SP2 and Publisher 2003) and I have the same problem.
> > Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

0
GregP (3)

Save publisher 2000 file as pdf?
I have created a flyer with logos in my publisher 2000. How can I save or convert it to PDF? Is my program too old to do that? Thanks! Several in this news group speak highly of Primopdf, a free program that will create a pdf file from any program. It installs as a printer and when you have the Publisher file open, select File, Print and then from the printer drop down menu, select PrimoPDF and it makes a copy of you Publisher file to a PDF file. www.primopdf.com I'm guessing you have a pdf reader/viewer. If not, a new excellent viewer is PDF Viewer by Tracker Software. http:...

Right Click to Autofill cells in 2003
Hello All, In 97 to 2002 it was possible to right click when using Autofill to copy the cells down rather than continuing the sequence. in 2003 i just get a pretty red line (what purpose does this serve?). Does anyone know if I can get back the old functionality? Many thanks, Danny I have that functionality in Excel 2003 as well, maybe you have installed an add-in? In any case if you hold down ctrl while using the left click copy down it will also copy as opposed to fill a series Regards, peo sjoblom "DannyJ" wrote: > Hello All, > > In 97 to 2002 it was possi...

copy an access report to word
I want to export an Access report to Outlook email or MS Word. Right-click the table name > click Export... > select Rich Text Format as your Save as type: > Enter the file name if necessary > click Export "LD41" wrote: > I want to export an Access report to Outlook email or MS Word. ...

Outlook 2003/Lotus Notes Issue
Hi All, I have been having this outgoing problem with receiving emails from Lotus Notes. It seems to only be a problem when I got replies from a Lotus Notes system. When I open up the reply, the only think I see in Outlook 2003 is my original message and nothing else. I have tried changing the format to HTML, Rich Text, Text, etc and still get the error. Any ideas? Thanks, FF Are you using Outlook Connector for Domino? "frequent_flyer" <frequent_flyer@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:4044e78c$0$63376$9a6e19ea@news.newshosting.com... > Hi All, > > I have been...

Printing an address in letter
I am trying to print a confirmation letter with an address in the body of the report. The address may or may not have an Address2 line. How can I eliminate the space if the Address2 line is blank? Also, can I use an "IF" to edit the printing of zero values? Thanks, tomc Depends on what you mean about the address being in the body of the report. If there is no label with the address or any text around it then use Properties to set click on the text box (es) in Design view and set Can Grow and Can Shrink to yes. Do the same for the Section that contains the address by clicking ...

Fix Publisher printing failure
I hope the deficiency in Publisher 2003, referred to in the following exchange of posts, will be remedied promptly. Or is it just a turf war between Microsoft and HP, conducted at both your customers' expense?? Br. Giovanni The text of the earlier posts follows: #1: I am trying to print a brochure with a four-way bleed. I set up for borderless printing on glossy brochure paper, but the program keeps defaulting to regular 8.5X11" letter paper and leaving a 3/4" white border. In 'page setup' under printer properties, I call for 8.5X11" borderless paper size, bor...

Time/Date stamp in Outlook 2003 msgs.
My friend with 2003 has reported another oddity to me which is that the time & date stamp on her messages seems not to have changed with daylight savings time (i.e. they are 1 hour behind). She says the system clock did automatically change. My question--does Outlook really have anything to do with the time/date stamp or is this just a function of the mail servers involved? TIA. -- ------------------------------------------- Stephen Porter Los Angeles, CA Check calendar options "Stephen Porter" <stp@pobox.com> wrote in message news:MPG.1ae37d24b618934c98969a@m...

Printing string from string table inside for loop?
#define IDS_STR1 _T("Str1"); #define IDS_STR2 _T("Str2"); #define IDS_STR3 _T("Str3"); #define IDS_STR4 _T("Str4"); #define IDS_STR5 _T("Str5"); for(int i = 0; i < 5; i++) { ............................ ............................ } I am looking for the logic that can be used to print those strings inside the "for" loop. Any help is welcome. The #define's are put into place as part of the pre-compilation process, thats why they are also called pre-processor directive. So, you can not use a variable with a symbol defined ...

Need to print all address lines on a 1099 form
In Great Plains Version 10, on the vendor card, under the address button, you are able to enter 3 lines of address information. However, when printing 1099's, only the first 2 lines of address information will print on the form. Since we utilize all 3 address lines, we had many 1099 forms returned as undeliverable this past year. According to our partner, Microsoft indicated that, currently, there is no way to print the third line of information. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for ...

With Microsoft FAX Nearly One Minute Delay between Using Print
With Windows Messaging and Microsoft Fax under Win 98 SE, when I printed a document to Microsoft Fax, the fax wizard would start a few seconds after I said print. I installed Outlook 2000. With it, there seems to be a consistent nearly one minute delay between when I say print and the fax wizard starts. If Outlook is running, there is no delay. The osa9.exe program doesn't make any difference. Needless to say, this is an annoyance, having to go through two steps, start Outlook and then print, rather than simply printing. Does anyone know of a way to make Outlook 2000 work like Messag...

Uninstalling Publisher
I have uninstalled publisher 2002, and i am now looking for a way to free up the 399MB of HD space that publisher used. How do I do this? Do a defrag "John Marmolejo" <Daphatom@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:052201c3ab0c$e6b25530$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have uninstalled publisher 2002, and i am now looking > for a way to free up the 399MB of HD space that publisher > used. How do I do this? If you uninstalled Publisher 2002 you have that free space available - NOW. -- The US should free all those illegally held prisoners they are torturing, abusing and ...

Outlook 2003 CRM Toolbar
When we click "New Record" on the CRM Toolbar and choose "New Contact" it takes us to our Contact form in our old Public Contact datasbase in Exchange. How can I globally change this for all our users so in brings up the CRM Contact form. Thanks. The best way to do this is to customize the ISV config file for the Outlook client and add a new button to do this. The button you are referring to can open the CRM contact web form, but you have to change each individual user's setting to do this. If you want to do this, select the CRM > Options menu. On the Syn...

FrontPage 2003 on windows 7 64 bit
Hi , FrontPage 2003 on Windows 7 , Following Issues 1. SAVE AS… error - not enough memory ( memory is there) 2. Unable to Insert IMAGE From File - FrontPage fades 3.Other sporadic issues - error messages while opening or publishing Tried the below steps : ( it works fine on Windows XP ) ( few of them are from forums) Removed temporary files, removed cmdui.prf, removed *.web Checked in Windows Safe mode removed FrontPage addins Installed latest updates for FrontPage ( Sp3) checked FrontPage server Extensions - they are fine Uninstalled and reinstalled...

How to get a development copy?
My company is a Microsoft partner, and we'd like to get a development copy of Dynamics GP. Unfortunately it isn't offered in the Action Pack. Does anyone have any ideas on how we could get a copy of it? Thanks Hi there, There are a few options to get a "development" copy: 1. Get an MSDN subscription. All of the Dynamics products are included in that and you also get the SDK's for each, service pack, and additional development resources. This is probably your best bet. or 2. Sign an return an SPA and commit to becoming certified in Dynamics GP and you will recei...

Outlook 2003 Font Changes When Replying Plain Text
Outlook 2003 is exhibiting a strange behavior when replying to plain text messages. After clicking the "Reply" button, the message appears in the Arial font. In about two to three minutes, the font suddenly changes to Courier which is the correct font. Why is it taking so long for the font to change? Steve Lockridge steve@websitewarehouse.com ...

Reinstall Publisher 2002
Due to drive limitations, had to install new drive. Reinstalled Windows XP/SP2 and Office XP/SP3. 1) Can I either run Publisher 2002 directly from the disc, or install on an external USB drive to conserve C drive space? or must I do a reinstall on C? 2) If I do install on C, can I later remove using Add/Remove and then later reinstall? I don't think you can completely run Publisher from the disk. I could be wrong but I think those days are pretty much gone. I don't think installing it on a removable drive will work either. Same caveat as before. If you install/uninstall/re...

Excel Crash

Outlook 2003 -receiving multiple copies of messages
The setup. SBS2003 server, mail comes from ISP "CATCH_ALL pop box) WinXP Pro OutLook 2003 Clients (All fully service packed up) Situation. I send a message from an external source, be it hotmail or home account or even from another company to say 3 people at our company. john@mycomp.com, jim@mycomp.com, fred@mycomp.com. they all get the same message 3 times. If I try this from within the company they only get the message once. Any ideas would be very welcome. Thanx in advance of any help. John R Giddy_uk wrote: > The setup. > SBS2003 server, mail comes from ISP "CATCH_ALL...

Outlook 2003 Suggest Names feature stops working
Hello I've run into a problem with one of our Outlook 2003 installations. On this particular PC (XP SP2), the Suggest Names feature has spontaneously "forgotten" all of the email addresses in it's cache. It's like all of the email addresses are somehow deleted. The feature is still turned on in Tools, Options, Email Options, Adv Email Options. And any email addresses the user puts in after this problem occurs are remembered, but Outlook doesn't remember any from the day before or earlier. The user hasn't been mucking around with his settings, and this has hap...

Copy and Paste the transactions between accounts
Can I copy the transactions in an account and paste to another account to split one transaction to two different accounts easily? Because I run two business with me and want to split one expence in order to assign under the different company names. Thank you in advance for the kind reply. >-----Original Message----- >Can I copy the transactions in an account and paste to >another account to split one transaction to two different >accounts easily? >Because I run two business with me and want to split one >expence in order to assign under the different company >nam...

Sum Multiple Worksheets, same named cell
I have multiple worksheets containing the same named cell (e.g. Month_Total). On a totals worksheet, I am not able to use =SUM('START,END'!Month_Total) because of the local/global naming. Is there a way around this? (Month_Total will not always be in the same cell on each worksheet). Thanks! It seems to me that you have two options. 1. Name each of your "Monthly Total"s slightly different. OR 2. Do not use the cell range naming. "uncreative" <uncreative@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:60A150C6-50BC-4876-A31F-1C...

how can make a mail copy to a group
i using win 2003 , exchange 2003 if have a user mail need forward ( make a copy ) to many users how can i do this ? i just know how to make a copy to one copy thx On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 01:03:12 +0800, "tequila" <tequila529@gmail.com> wrote: >i using win 2003 , exchange 2003 >if have a user mail need forward ( make a copy ) to many users >how can i do this ? > >i just know how to make a copy to one copy >thx > > Have you looked at creating a Dirstribution Group within Active Directory Users & Computers? You can mail enable it and make a number of...

Data sheet populating into multiple sheets
I'm looking to build a spreadsheet with one main page that can be populated with data and automatically pull that data over to other more specific sheets. For example, If I have sales on the main sheet and have check boxes for more specific sales on the same sheet (i.e. liquor sales, food sales etc..) I want that number to poulate on the specific sales sheet. I'm assumming I have to wite an IF/Then Statement to say if an "x" is put into a cell then copy and past the data in the specified cells within that row and pull that information over to sheet Y. One respon...

Exchange 2003 MTA pooling
Is it possible to setup Exchange 2003 to perform pooling when sending messages out via X.400? So for example, if I have 4 X.400 connectors with the same address space that go to different external MTAs, can I set the cost to 1 on all the connectors and Exchange will decide which connector to use? What are you connecting to on the remote side - Routing Groups within the same Org or external MTAs to external messaging systems? If it's the former (connecting Routing Groups), no true load-balancing (assume that's what you mean by "pooling") is performed between X.400 Conne...

Printing BLANK report for current form
I am trying to print a report for a current form which has just been filled out. However, unless I leave the current form and return to it, the report prints blank. Here is the code: _______ Private Sub PrintVoucherSingle_Click() 'Print current record 'using rptlIndividualTaxiCertificates If IsNull(Me!CertNumber) Then MsgBox "Please select a valid record", _ vbOKOnly, "Error" Exit Sub End If DoCmd.OpenReport "rptlIndividualTaxiCertificates", , , _ "CertNumber = " & Me!CertNumber End Sub __________________________________ What have ...