Printing Multiple Copies #4

Hi all - I am using Vista Business and Publisher 2007 from the Office 2007
Small Business package.

No matter what type of publication or template I use I can only print single
copies. Most recently I tried to print 30 copies of a single page flyer and
had to do it a single copy at a time.

If I go to File|Print and set the number of copies to 30, I still get a
single copy only.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks

--

Andrew Aitchison
(amhsn@nospam.sympatico.ca)

0
amhsn (5)

Is your printer driver current?  What is the default in the printing preferences
in the control panel printer folder?

Can you convert the publication to a PDF and then print 30 copies?
Microsoft has an Add-in for save as a PDF.
https://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4D951911-3E7E-4AE6-B059-A2E79ED87041&displaylang=en

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Andrew Aitchison" <amhsn@nospam.sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> Hi all - I am using Vista Business and Publisher 2007 from the Office 2007
> Small Business package.
>
> No matter what type of publication or template I use I can only print single
> copies. Most recently I tried to print 30 copies of a single page flyer and
> had to do it a single copy at a time.
>
> If I go to File|Print and set the number of copies to 30, I still get a single
> copy only.
>
> Does anyone have any thoughts?
>
> Thanks
>
> --
>
> Andrew Aitchison
> (amhsn@nospam.sympatico.ca)

0
mary-sauer (6480)
4/14/2008 1:01:41 PM
Hi Mary

The driver is current as of Nov 07 (the printer is an HP LaserJet 1320 and
I'm using the PCL5 driver)

The default printing preferences show under Paper/Output: Copy Count 1 with
the Collated Option grayed out

I haven't tried the PDF route (but I will)

Thanks - Andy

"Mary Sauer" <mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
> Is your printer driver current?  What is the default in the printing
> preferences in the control panel printer folder?
>
> Can you convert the publication to a PDF and then print 30 copies?
> Microsoft has an Add-in for save as a PDF.
> https://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4D951911-3E7E-4AE6-B059-A2E79ED87041&displaylang=en
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Andrew Aitchison" <amhsn@nospam.sympatico.ca> wrote in message
>> Hi all - I am using Vista Business and Publisher 2007 from the Office
>> 2007 Small Business package.
>>
>> No matter what type of publication or template I use I can only print
>> single copies. Most recently I tried to print 30 copies of a single page
>> flyer and had to do it a single copy at a time.
>>
>> If I go to File|Print and set the number of copies to 30, I still get a
>> single copy only.
>>
>> Does anyone have any thoughts?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> --
>>
>> Andrew Aitchison
>> (amhsn@nospam.sympatico.ca)

0
amhsn (5)
4/14/2008 1:26:55 PM
Andrew Aitchison wrote:
> Hi Mary
>
> The driver is current as of Nov 07 (the printer is an HP LaserJet
> 1320 and I'm using the PCL5 driver)
>
> The default printing preferences show under Paper/Output: Copy Count
> 1 with the Collated Option grayed out
>
> I haven't tried the PDF route (but I will)
>
> Thanks - Andy
=============================
FWIW...there's a Vista compatible PCL 5
driver for the HP LaserJet 1320 (version 4.5
dated: 04-01-2008) at the following HP site.

HP LaserJet 1320 Printer series
http://tinyurl.com/39bsj2
   or...
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=410624&prodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesId=410622&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=2093

The following document helps you decide
which driver to install and provides instructions
on installing it.

HP LaserJet, Color LaserJet, LaserJet AIO
and LaserJet MFP Series Products -
How to Select the Correct Printer Driver
http://tinyurl.com/4snuoj
   or...
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodSeriesId=410622&prodTypeId=18972&objectID=c00751649

--

       John Inzer
Digital Media MVP

            Notice
This is not tech support
      I am a volunteer

 Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

0
oobie (2069)

Print Footer with Last Print Date field name
How do you create a Footer to print the Last Printed Date and Last Revised Date? Its not as obvious in Excel as it is in Word. Hi this is only possible with VBA inserting this information within an event procedure -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Ted wrote: > How do you create a Footer to print the Last Printed Date and Last > Revised Date? Its not as obvious in Excel as it is in Word. ...

Insert copied row into a list
In Excel 2003, I can insert a row into a list by inserting a row into the spreadsheet. That is, I can right-click along the row numbers along the left, then insert a row. However, if I try to insert a copied a spreadsheet row, I get the message that I am trying to shift cells down within the list. That is, I select a row by clicking the row number on the left, press ctrl- C, then right-click another row on its row number at the left, and choose insert copied row (or maybe insert pasted row -- I'm don't have access to Excel at the moment to verify). Inserting a copied/pasted row doe...

Copy Pivot Chart
Does anyone know how to copy a pivot chart and paste only its values? You can copy/paste special/value as you would any other cell values. However, you need to navigate from "edit" on the tool bar. These options are not available for a pivot table via the right click. "TK" wrote: > Does anyone know how to copy a pivot chart and paste only its values? ...

Copy Cell or Column without advancing formula reference?
I have a spreadsheet with formulas referring to another worksheet. I need to copy the columns however, each time I do, the formulas advance to another cell. Which is an incorrect reference, skewing my results. You need to modify the formulas to use absolute references. Edit each of the cell addresses in the formula and put $ (dollar signs) in front of the column letters. "sgluntz" wrote: > I have a spreadsheet with formulas referring to another worksheet. I need to > copy the columns however, each time I do, the formulas advance to another > cell. Which is an...

Multiple Vlookups
Hi, Currently i have a large list of insurance sales agents & have t record their sales on a daily basis. I have a spreadsheet for each week with a total at the end & also hav a monthly sheet vlookuping each total of each week Is there anyway i can reduce the large vlookup formula that i =vlookup(x,wk1,1)+vlookup(x,wk2,1) etc etc. I also have each week o day references to a list of sales agents as this can change daily which requires me to open up each weeks spreadsheet or the monthly on doesnt update correctly please help as each files is around 1mb n very slow Cheers mik -- mi...

Blackberry email tracking in crm 4.0
Hi, can anyone tell me if blackberry emails are supposed to automatically track within CRM 4.0? We are tracking emails through outlook into crm fine but BB emails are not tracking for some reason. We have our own BES and exchange server. I know you can buy 3rd party software but according to one of the reps of that company, he claimed it should be tracking by itself w/out 3rd party. Is anyone sucessfully doing this? thank you! I am no expert, but I have been working with BB/BES and CRM and up till now what I seen is that email already marked for tracking (i.e. a reply to one marked as t...

Printed quotes
Hi There, We're new to CRM but we're evaluating it and we quite like it. However, I just don't understand how you go about making a printable quote. We'd like to be able to create a quote, place products (from stock or as 'write-in' items) into it and then have CRM create a nicely formated document (Word or HTML) that can be sent to the customer. When you ask CRM to print a quote with the button on the toolbar it just gives a detailed summary that is not customer-facing. I guess that printing of quotes happens as a report but the standard reports make no mentio...

Adding SMTP addresses to multiple users
Is there a way to add a new smtp address to a group of existing users (2000+) in an Exchange Organization / Active Directory Domain? Thanks. Why not create a Recipient Policy? Alternatively, check out admodify.net. http://www.gotdotnet.com/workspaces/workspace.aspx?id=f5cbbfa9-e46b-4a7a-8ed8-3e44523f32e2 -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "bj" <bj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BE17E582-AA51-4FE1-859E-89CD6668770C@microsoft.com... > Is there a...

Saving a record on a form to multiple places
Here is what I think will be an easy question, but im not sure... Lets say I have a databasee, which i do. Lets say that on my main form, I have a text box called "company". On the same form, I have command buttons that link to other forms that have to do with this company, but they are too numerous to put all on subforms within this form, as I was instructed to make the forms less cluttered. When I enter a new company's name in the text box, as if im adding it for the first time, I would like it to update that field to other tables as well, which all contain that companies n...

repeating custom headers on multiple pages
H I apologize in advance for such a stupid question but i have searched every help file and cant find any mention I have a workbook with 5 sheets and i want the same custom heading to print on each sheet I tried selecting all sheets going into print preview and adding the header but it only prints on the first page my brain refuses to believe that i actually have to go to each sheet and retype the header and footer please tell me i am wrong and also how i can accomplish this task ti Jeff Jeff, Using Headers and Footers should repeat the header on every page. Care to contact me and discuss i...

Excel Macros #4
I am running Excel 2003 and when I start one of my worksheets I get a message about the worksheet having macros. When I go to Tools Macros there are none listed. I did attempt to create a macro years ago, under Excel 97 but I could never find it or use it. How can I get rid of any macro remnent when it does not show in the list of macros. The security message is a pain in the neck when I know that there is no macro in existance Thanks of any help DJT When you record a macro, Excel creates a module in which the code is stored. When you delete the macro, the module is not automatically de...

finder search across multiple xls for one term
I have about 400 spreadsheets nested in various folders on a single hard drive. Trying to find a long forgotten spreadsheet, which I can only identify by a value it contains. Let's say it's 114,167.18 I've used OSX 10.6.2 finder search with 'contains' and at first it yields nothing. When I lose the comma, ie 114167.18, several .xlsx spreadsheets appear as containing that value. Great! Trouble is, I need the original spreadsheet with that value and it's an older document, listed .xls as opposed to .xlsx It seems OSX 10.6.2 finder cannot look inside .x...

Printing from Outlook 2000
My office clients run are on NT 4.0 SP 5. What used to be an occasional problem over the last couple of years of losing a printer connection is now happening with much greater frequency. This happen to local printing as well as from the network. All our printers are HP models. User send e-mails to print and can get the following behaviour, . A) The item doesn't print B) The default printer is grayed out and cannot be changed C) Always fails using the icon, sometimes using the File menu is a workaround, but not consistent. The only solution so far is to logout of Outlook and ba...

Print a sheet area to another...
Hi people, i have another question for you. Is it possible to print some of a sheet area to another sheet or a form? I have 40 different sheet's in a single workbook. Column A to M is headlines and row 7 to .......... is input in every sheet. My question is; After all the input is done the result in column M appears with text and a background color. Is it possible to print the row's that has ex. red color and the sheet name into another sheet or a form. I need a vb code that can find the red color itself and copy that row with the sheet name to another location no mather if th...

How to copy a file from a disk to a specified sector of another di
Hi, I want to perform the following operations given below. 1. Read a file from a disk 2. Write the same file to another disk 3. In the second disk the written file should be on the same cylinder/track/sector as it is on the first disk. Hoping to get a reply soon. TIA. regards, Jahfer V P. you can't do this at a file level. Thanks Vipin "Jahfer V P" <Jahfer V P@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:846B7A49-C2FC-405C-8B96-4CF48356717A@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I want to perform the following operations given below. > > 1. Read a file fro...

Multiple Combo box in a form
i'm have a form. i want to do three combo box. one is customer, one is partID and one is process. this three combo box are from three different table. there are customer table, part master table and process table. i want to do like this. if i choose one of the customer from the combo box, then when i go to the partID combo box, then i want it just show out whatever the part which belong to that customer only. others customer's part wont be in the list. then when i click on the process combo box, then i just want the combo box show out the process which is belong to that partID w...

my pictures print funny now I have upgraded to publisher 2003
Now I have upgraded to Office 2003 all of my images seem to have a ackground on them where as before they looked like piece of the paper. It happens in Word and now Publisher, I have tried to change the order Ie sending them backwards but still they print incorrectly. They look ok on screen Could be your printer driver... If the images have a transparent or white background they should print that way. Go to the manufacturer's web site, look around for a newer driver, read their support documents. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://m...

Copying and pasting list information that is not fixed (using dynamic ranges)
I have a database with 43 fields (mainly text) in which users will be entering information via a data form. I would like to add another worksheet that provides a summary of all the records, except with less fields (only 17) and different formatting. I've encountered problems trying to copy this information to another worksheet mainly because I'm not sure how many rows will have to be copied over at any given time. I've found references on the web informing how to create dynamic ranges (for both test and numeric information), so I've named each of the 17 fields and used the...

Need a Formula based on multiple cirteria
I am building a spreadsheet that will continue to grow in size. Th basic outline of the spreadsheet is as follows: A // B // C // D // E // F // G // H // I // J // K // Sys Name // Project // Type of Bldg // Type of Work // Type of Price / W/L // LNFT // CST // HRS // $/LNFT // HRs/LNFT // Consept of the sheet is: Column A will be grouped (using the Group command) Column B is input for reference only, no lookup functions need apply Column C is a Drop Down menu consisting of approximately 10 differen types of Bldg. Column D is a Drop Down menu consisting of approximately 5 differen types ...

Copied graphs not working
I had a workbook of data with a number of graphs in one worksheet; each graph series was populated by a named range (A_, B_, C_, D_, etc.). A_ was the only direct (actually, indirect) reference, and the other series are all offsets of A_ I had some new data in a new workbook, so I used the worksheet/copy/move functionality to make a copy of the worksheet that contains the graphs in my new workbook. I copied over the named ranges and re-set them in my new workbook to the new data areas (and verified that they accurately point to ranges of data- which they do). However, the 'new'...

Print Quick Journals
My auditor wants a list of all the Quick Journals we use. We currently have around 200 in use. Is there a way to print them all without having to go into each one, creating an entry for $0.01, saving, then going back into it and printing? I have printed the recurring off because that is setup as a batch, but since the Quick Journals aren't, I can't find a way to print them off. Kurt, Go to Reports -> Financial -> Setup -> Quick Journal. -- Usha "Kurt Paradise" wrote: > My auditor wants a list of all the Quick Journals we use. We currently have >...

Importing Text file....need to manipulate text and spread across multiple columns.
I receive a number of different data files in varying formats. In orde to effectively review the information, however, I need to format it an sort it in a way that makes the data useful. Here is an example o what I have (this infromation has been scrubbed) : <Seam> First Name Neelakan Ready <Seam> Last Name Chin <Seam> Address 31 Bloomfield Lane,Apt #215 <Seam> City Auburn <Seam> State Michigan <Seam> Post Code 48336 <Seam> Country USA Here is what I want: USERID First Name Last Name Address City <Seam>...

CRM 4.0 Pre-Install ?'s
Hello, We are considering going up to CRM 4 from 3. I have a couple questions. 1. Can CRM 4 be run on SBS2003 (the system requirements Microsoft posted only list standard, enterprise, and web). 2. Does CRM 4 still require MS Exchange to utilize any email functionality? Thanks, James 1. Yes, CRM4 can be installed on SBS2003 (would need to be R2 Premium as it requires SQL server 2005) but there is no SBS version of CRM anymore. Just install the normal version. 2. Exchange server is not required anymore. The email router can access POP3 mailboxes, and just requires an SMTP server f...

Extender window linked to multiple windows
Can you have the same extender window linked to different GL windows? Thanks. The basic Extender windows must be linked to a window and only have provisions for linking to one window at a time. If you copy the window so you have the same fields, the data is stored but with different source windows in the records. If you are on V10, install SP4. You can then create windows that stand alone and can be launched from menus or a hot key at any time. I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish but this might be an approach. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008...

cloning a copy of FRx
We are using Microsoft Dynamics GP ver. 10.0 and FRx ver. 6.7. We are trying to discover how, when we make a clone of our production server on to a test server, to clone FRx also. When we have done this in the past, the cloned FRx spec set on test actually changes the spec set for the production or ‘live’ server. Of course, once we hear from the users about errors they’re receiving, we change the spec set back. But now the test server is pointing to the live spec set. It seems to allow only one way or the other. When we asked our VAR, their response was: if you want the clo...