printing multi page newsletters with publisher 2000

Created a new newsletter in publisher 2000, tried to print it on my Epson 
Photo R1800 printer which supports up to 13x19 sheet paper and 13"x***' in 
roll format and could not select a format to print pages 1 and 4 on one side 
and then 2 and 3 on the other.  Downloaded an instruction sheet from 
Microsoft on printing "two 8.5-by11-inch pages per 11-by-17-inch sheet of 
paper"  It says on "file" click "print", choose a printer that can print on 
11x17, then click "Book Printing Option" at the bottom of the dialog box.  
Problem is this "Book Printing Options" does not appear in the dialog box.  
Have updated Publisher 2000, printer drivers, and reinstalled drivers from 
Epson 1800 disc.  Nothing helps.
0
Bob4289 (354)
10/23/2006 2:05:02 PM
publisher 21446 articles. 6 followers. Follow

5 Replies
466 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 50

Setup your printer first for 11 x 17 , then setup your page for "special fold", 
booklet, landscape.
Publisher automatically presents the pages in the correct order.


-- 
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
http://msauer.mvps.org/
news://msnews.microsoft.com
http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx

"Pastor Bob" <Pastor Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:E61B77F3-E307-4117-B7F3-937E449ACE60@microsoft.com...
> Created a new newsletter in publisher 2000, tried to print it on my Epson
> Photo R1800 printer which supports up to 13x19 sheet paper and 13"x***' in
> roll format and could not select a format to print pages 1 and 4 on one side
> and then 2 and 3 on the other.  Downloaded an instruction sheet from
> Microsoft on printing "two 8.5-by11-inch pages per 11-by-17-inch sheet of
> paper"  It says on "file" click "print", choose a printer that can print on
> 11x17, then click "Book Printing Option" at the bottom of the dialog box.
> Problem is this "Book Printing Options" does not appear in the dialog box.
> Have updated Publisher 2000, printer drivers, and reinstalled drivers from
> Epson 1800 disc.  Nothing helps. 


0
mary-sauer (6480)
10/23/2006 2:30:57 PM
If the options for special fold, booklet, etc. were there I could do that, 
but they do not appear anywhere in the dialog box

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Setup your printer first for 11 x 17 , then setup your page for "special fold", 
> booklet, landscape.
> Publisher automatically presents the pages in the correct order.
> 
> 
> -- 
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> news://msnews.microsoft.com
> http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx
> 
> "Pastor Bob" <Pastor Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:E61B77F3-E307-4117-B7F3-937E449ACE60@microsoft.com...
> > Created a new newsletter in publisher 2000, tried to print it on my Epson
> > Photo R1800 printer which supports up to 13x19 sheet paper and 13"x***' in
> > roll format and could not select a format to print pages 1 and 4 on one side
> > and then 2 and 3 on the other.  Downloaded an instruction sheet from
> > Microsoft on printing "two 8.5-by11-inch pages per 11-by-17-inch sheet of
> > paper"  It says on "file" click "print", choose a printer that can print on
> > 11x17, then click "Book Printing Option" at the bottom of the dialog box.
> > Problem is this "Book Printing Options" does not appear in the dialog box.
> > Have updated Publisher 2000, printer drivers, and reinstalled drivers from
> > Epson 1800 disc.  Nothing helps. 
> 
> 
> 
0
PastorBob (2)
10/23/2006 2:49:01 PM
Page setup is not a printer option. File, page setup, special fold. This is a 
separate dialogue, not part of the printer setup.

-- 
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
http://msauer.mvps.org/
news://msnews.microsoft.com
http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx

"Pastor Bob" <PastorBob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:4B9EE5E2-D7AF-4515-B347-B9F8629C48BC@microsoft.com...
> If the options for special fold, booklet, etc. were there I could do that,
> but they do not appear anywhere in the dialog box
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Setup your printer first for 11 x 17 , then setup your page for "special 
>> fold",
>> booklet, landscape.
>> Publisher automatically presents the pages in the correct order.
>>
>>
>> -- 
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> news://msnews.microsoft.com
>> http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx
>>
>> "Pastor Bob" <Pastor Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:E61B77F3-E307-4117-B7F3-937E449ACE60@microsoft.com...
>> > Created a new newsletter in publisher 2000, tried to print it on my Epson
>> > Photo R1800 printer which supports up to 13x19 sheet paper and 13"x***' in
>> > roll format and could not select a format to print pages 1 and 4 on one 
>> > side
>> > and then 2 and 3 on the other.  Downloaded an instruction sheet from
>> > Microsoft on printing "two 8.5-by11-inch pages per 11-by-17-inch sheet of
>> > paper"  It says on "file" click "print", choose a printer that can print on
>> > 11x17, then click "Book Printing Option" at the bottom of the dialog box.
>> > Problem is this "Book Printing Options" does not appear in the dialog box.
>> > Have updated Publisher 2000, printer drivers, and reinstalled drivers from
>> > Epson 1800 disc.  Nothing helps.
>>
>>
>> 


0
mary-sauer (6480)
10/23/2006 2:53:07 PM
Mary, you are a genius!!  Thanks

"Pastor Bob" wrote:

> Created a new newsletter in publisher 2000, tried to print it on my Epson 
> Photo R1800 printer which supports up to 13x19 sheet paper and 13"x***' in 
> roll format and could not select a format to print pages 1 and 4 on one side 
> and then 2 and 3 on the other.  Downloaded an instruction sheet from 
> Microsoft on printing "two 8.5-by11-inch pages per 11-by-17-inch sheet of 
> paper"  It says on "file" click "print", choose a printer that can print on 
> 11x17, then click "Book Printing Option" at the bottom of the dialog box.  
> Problem is this "Book Printing Options" does not appear in the dialog box.  
> Have updated Publisher 2000, printer drivers, and reinstalled drivers from 
> Epson 1800 disc.  Nothing helps.
0
PastorBob (2)
10/23/2006 3:21:02 PM
You are very welcome, thanks for the compliment.

-- 
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
http://msauer.mvps.org/
news://msnews.microsoft.com
http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx

"Pastor Bob" <PastorBob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:57260227-0FDA-4BD0-B3D5-DE9AF5351657@microsoft.com...
> Mary, you are a genius!!  Thanks
>
> "Pastor Bob" wrote:
>
>> Created a new newsletter in publisher 2000, tried to print it on my Epson
>> Photo R1800 printer which supports up to 13x19 sheet paper and 13"x***' in
>> roll format and could not select a format to print pages 1 and 4 on one side
>> and then 2 and 3 on the other.  Downloaded an instruction sheet from
>> Microsoft on printing "two 8.5-by11-inch pages per 11-by-17-inch sheet of
>> paper"  It says on "file" click "print", choose a printer that can print on
>> 11x17, then click "Book Printing Option" at the bottom of the dialog box.
>> Problem is this "Book Printing Options" does not appear in the dialog box.
>> Have updated Publisher 2000, printer drivers, and reinstalled drivers from
>> Epson 1800 disc.  Nothing helps. 


0
mary-sauer (6480)
10/23/2006 4:52:21 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Page number functions in Word are dimmed and don't work. What now
I use Office Home & Student 2007. I cannot insert page numbers into my Word document. I could not find Microsoft Office's "Add-ins" either. What can I do to restore the page numbering function? Place your cursor in a header or footer. On Feb 8, 7:19=A0pm, A Tai <a...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I use Office Home & Student 2007. =A0I cannot insert page numbers into my= Word > document. =A0I could not find Microsoft Office's "Add-ins" either. =A0Wha= t can I > do to restore the page numbering function? A page number...

Localized Header/Footer formatting codes in Excel 2000
Hello, I would like to set the Header/Footer parameters of an Excel worksheet from a VC++/MFC application using formatting codes, for example: PageSetup page = worksheet.GetPageSetup(); page.SetLeftHeader(_T("&D &T")); // print date and time to header The problem is that my Office 2000 is a localized version (Hungarian), and Excel doesn't seem to recognize the &T code, only the localized version, which is &I. This code works fine: page.SetLeftHeader(_T("&D &I")); I recorded a macro, and the generated VBA code also uses the non-localized vers...

Quick Links on Home Page
If you set up a couple of custom quick links on your home page, is it being stored in a central location so that if you log in from a different computer (or in our case get connected to one of several GP app servers in our Citrix farm), you get the same home page? I am busy testing GP 2010 so this is new to me (we are in v9 currently). Also, is it possible to “copy” a home page to different users if you want to assign the same set of quick links to all of them? Thanks -- Pieter ...

Printing postcards in Publisher #4
Using Pub2002. WindowsXp. I am trying to print postcards using Publisher. The postcard comes 4/page and the page dimensions are 8.5 x 12. Postcard dimensions are 4.25" x 6". No borders. What's the question? -- Don Vancouver, USA "babygirlnerd" <babygirlnerd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A9E97C14-3115-4397-B389-C34CA7B68864@microsoft.com... > Using Pub2002. WindowsXp. I am trying to print postcards using Publisher. > The postcard comes 4/page and the page dimensions are 8.5 x 12. Postcard > dimensions are 4.25" x 6". ...

batch printing word documents
Hi, Can anyone tell me how to batch print word documents? Thanks. First of all, you will need to create a desktop printer, i.e. a shortcut for your printer which sits on your desktop. Look it up in Mac Help, accessible from the Finder's help menu; I can't give you any details since the method to do that varies quite a lot depending on your operating system (though it is surprisingly easy and intuitive in Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard). Once you've created a desktop printer, simply drag all the Word documents you intend to print onto the desktop printer icon. On 29/11/2007 2:58, in arti...

MS Publisher 2003 wont let me send publication in email message.
I'm trying to send a document in the body of an email but all the tutorials I've tried aren't working. I've changed to TIFF, and pdf both unsuccessfully. I would just like to find a way to get to <File><Send email><Send E-Mail as Message>, instead of <Send E-mail as Attachment>. Any help is great Reference: Tips and troubleshooting for sending a publication page as an e-mail message: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HP010390591033.aspx?pid=CH062524821033 Attaching the publication as a PDF is usually the easiest and best way. DavidF ...

Outlook 2000 05-22-10
Hi, I am using Outlook 2000 on Windows XP SP3. I have set up three accounts in my Outlook. But when I print an email, no matter for which account the email was sent to, the header (the title above the line at the top) always displays the same user name (which is the Default Account name). Is there a way I can specify which user name I want to print as the header? If so, how could I do that please? I have searched all over the internet and still couldn't find a solution. Any help/comments/assistance are much appreciated. Thank you. ...

Start up page in outlook
The start up page in my outlook keeps on defaulting to inbox. I change all the settings that I can find to get the start up page to be outlook today but still no joy. Any ideas please Regards Tony Tony Pagett, you wrote on Sat, 04 Mar 2006 10:52:29 GMT: > The start up page in my outlook keeps on defaulting to inbox. I change all > the settings that I can find to get the start up page to be outlook today > but still no joy. Where did you change the settings? You have to do it in Tools | Options | More | More Options -- Best Regards Christian Goeller I do not have a |...

Publisher 2000 product key not accepted
I am trying install Publisher 2000 and the Product Key, which I have checked and double checked is not accepted. I know it is an old version but just want to create a personal business card. I have Windows XP Pro. Was it a free-standing purchase or an OEM? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Pat" <Pat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A93AD045-6849-4054-BD25-EE7BE0DB28EF@microsoft.com... >I am trying install Publisher 2000 and the Product Key, which I have >checked > and double checked is not accepted. I know it is an old version but j...

Auto Out of Office reply outlook 2000
Is there an option to use the automatic out of office e- mail reply with outlook 2000. Thanks The Out of Office Assistant is only available if you are connected to an Exchange server. You can spoof the OOA using the Rules Wizard, but Outlook must be kept running in order for the rule to work. Look here for more information: http://www.slipstick.com/rules/autoreply.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:055001c3cf33$c31bda10$a101280a@phx.gbl,...

downloading or exporting folders from Yahoo mail to Outlook 2000
Is there any way to export my email folders from Yahoo mail to Outlook2000? Thanks for your help. Dianne NO. ...

how to I e-mail a multiple page newsletter in publisher
I created a news letter in Publisher, a two page newsletter. I tried to e-mail the newsletter to myself but all I get in the e-mail is the first page not both. I can't figure out what I am doing wrong. Please can anyone help with my frustration? Can't send it as a multipage newsletter. You have two choices. Create a lonnnnnnnnnnnng email that is one "page" wide or convert it to a .pdf and send it as an attachment. Warning - if you do it as the lonnnnnnnnnnnnnng email, it probably will not print past the first "page". -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publi...

Custom Paper Size For Publisher
I've created 2 custom paper sizes using the "Print Sever Properties" method as suggested by Microsoft and yet neither of these new forms are being shown in Publisher (or word) in either Page Set-Up or Printer Options. Any ideas as to why? You have no idea about setting up print servers. Suggest you find somebody that knows what they are doing in setting up print servers. "aghent" <aghent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D275C608-1FCA-408B-967B-F380A288E461@microsoft.com... | I've created 2 custom paper sizes using the "Print Sever P...

can't open .jpg from outlook 2000 without saving first
We have a laptop running Windows XP SP1 with Office 2000 Premium SR1 installed, all patches up to date. When this laptop receives an email message with a .jpg file attached, we cannot double-click the attachment to open it. We get the error message, "No file format information can be found in the registry." When we clicks OK, we get the message, "Unknown file format." Microsoft Photo Editor opens, but nothing appears. If we save the file to the desktop, it opens without any problem, but uses the program Windows Picture and Fax Viewer. When we go in to the Fol...

how to reduce print time
I am printing name badges from publisher. I have a graphic and very little text on them. It takes over 45 minutes for the first page to print. What can I do to remedy this? If the graphic is a gradient it will slow the print down. Is your printer driver current? Have you looked at the support documents on the web site of your printer manufacturer? What version Publisher are you using? Take a look at the printers preferences. Right-click your printer in the printer folder, properties, Advanced tab. There are options you can try to speed up the printing. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.o...

Event ID :12002 in Exchange 2000
I am using Exchange 2000 Server in Windows 2000 SP4. In my exchange Symantec Mail Security for exchange also running. For the past couple of days, no one in our organization receive attachments. when they try to open the attachement message, it gives the error " Could not open one or more attachements. So, I examine the Event log...One error log is continously appearing. The description as follows: Source: MSExchangeIS Category: Content Type EventID: 12002 Description: Error 8004010F-8000000 occured while processing message <> from 'Sender'. So I just stop the Symantec ...

Hide page on tab control
Hello, Is there any way to hide a page on a tab control based on what the user selects from a drop down box? Thanks in advance Martin You can use the following syntax to hide a page... Me.TabControl.Pages(0).Visible = False The index (0) of the pages starts at 0, you will need to enter the correct number for the position of the tab. Put that inside an If/Then condition that checks the status of your dropdown in it's AfterUpdate event. You will want to include this in the Forms Current even as well so it's toggled if the record changes. hth -- Jack...

Email file does not retain same page content
The receiver of the email receives it with page 1 contents flowing onto page 2 . Page 2 picks up at end of the overflow and so on... Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice BizTalk: Incorporating conditional If / Else Functoid Logic in a map. http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/f6fc20ab-5c6a-4f04-8a0b-bba39e4bbcf0/biztalk-incorporating-co.aspx <Jetty donaldson> wrote in message news:2010416115618jetreal@cox.net... > The receiver of the email receives it with page 1 contents flowing onto page > 2 . Page 2 picks up > at end of t...

Money 2000 freezes
Hello, When I attempt to view my investment portfolio, Money 2000 freezes and completely locks my machine. It doesn't seem to be a currupt data file. If I uninstall and re-install Money 2000 things work okay for a use or two, then right back to the lockups. Thanks in advance for any help! Gene Hi Gene, I encountered a problem of this nature. It seemed to me that it happened when having left clicked with the mouse on Investing, I left clicked too quickly on Portfolio in the sub-menu. Now when seeking to access my portfolio I just take fractionally longer before clicking on Portfo...

Pub 2000: insert Unicode by number
I wish to insert a couple of Unicode characters which do not appear i Publisher 2000's symbol list. Is this possible -- Andrew Bryan ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Andrew Bryant's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=511 View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=126125 Posted from - http://www.officehelp.i Andrew Bryant wrote: > I wish to insert a couple of Unicode characters which do not appear in > Publisher 2000's symbol list. Is this possible? Try (with NumLock on) Alt+(Uxxxx), where xxxx is...

viewing publisher documents
How can I view a publisher document without publisher? While in a state of ecstasy after repairing his laptop, Ed sees a message from Esther Feldman <Esther Feldman@discussions.microsoft.com>. On it is written: > How can I view a publisher document without publisher? a) With the Publisher Demo, available at Microsoft.com for the cost of shipping and handling. b) By getting the creator or sender of the file to convert it to PDF using a free application such as PrimoPDF (www.primopdf.com) -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this me...

Changing the way the home page looks in M07
Hi, I got a new widescreen monitor for Christmas. Is there a way within Money 07 to change the home page layout to allow more than two columns of customized items? Also - off topic - since Road Runner no longer supports news readers, does anyone have a suggestion on how to pick one which offer good value at low or no cost? Mark "Mark Fields" <mark_no_spam_f@siscom.net> wrote in message news:OlUFFK3ZJHA.6036@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I got a new widescreen monitor for Christmas. > > Is there a way within Money 07 to change the home page layout...

Publisher and Outlook Express
I am using Outlook Exprees 6.00 on Windows XP. When someone sends me an e-mail with an MS Publisher Attachment, it refuses to open. The paper clip attachment notifier is present but it does not highlight when pressed. I have no difficulty in opening all attachments from other programmes - it is just Publisher. My version of Publisher is 2000 - SP3. Any help would be appreciated. Whilst attempting to develop brick-based storage technology, Ed reads a message from G P Kaye <gavinpkaye@tiscali.co.uk> > I am using Outlook Exprees 6.00 on Windows XP. When > someone sends me an e-m...

Lotus 123 print, formula, format, ect
How can I get Excel to emulate Lotus 123 commands such as: print range, + - (formula) range, move information and calulatons. ...

newsletter templates
Does anyone know where I can find additional publisher templates/styles to use with my community newsletter? I have used the ones that came with Publisher, but need some new designs to freshen up my newsletter. If so, would you please email info to bwood33@yahoo.com? Thank you. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/results.aspx?Scope=TC&Query=newsletter -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "theeditor" <theeditor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BBD7886D-4228-456C-8DD7-A54B9119B246@microsof...