Created a new newsletter in publisher 2000, tried to print it on my Epson
Photo R1800 printer which supports up to 13x19 sheet paper and 13"x***' in
roll format and could not select a format to print pages 1 and 4 on one side
and then 2 and 3 on the other.  Downloaded an instruction sheet from
Microsoft on printing "two 8.5-by11-inch pages per 11-by-17-inch sheet of
paper"  It says on "file" click "print", choose a printer that can print on
11x17, then click "Book Printing Option" at the bottom of the dialog box.
Problem is this "Book Printing Options" does not appear in the dialog box.
Have updated Publisher 2000, printer drivers, and reinstalled drivers from
Epson 1800 disc.  Nothing helps.
0
Bob4289 (354)

Setup your printer first for 11 x 17 , then setup your page for "special fold",
booklet, landscape.
Publisher automatically presents the pages in the correct order.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Pastor Bob" <Pastor Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Created a new newsletter in publisher 2000, tried to print it on my Epson
> Photo R1800 printer which supports up to 13x19 sheet paper and 13"x***' in
> roll format and could not select a format to print pages 1 and 4 on one side
> and then 2 and 3 on the other.  Downloaded an instruction sheet from
> Microsoft on printing "two 8.5-by11-inch pages per 11-by-17-inch sheet of
> paper"  It says on "file" click "print", choose a printer that can print on
> 11x17, then click "Book Printing Option" at the bottom of the dialog box.
> Problem is this "Book Printing Options" does not appear in the dialog box.
> Have updated Publisher 2000, printer drivers, and reinstalled drivers from
> Epson 1800 disc.  Nothing helps.

0
mary-sauer (6480)
10/23/2006 2:30:57 PM
If the options for special fold, booklet, etc. were there I could do that,
but they do not appear anywhere in the dialog box

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Setup your printer first for 11 x 17 , then setup your page for "special fold",
> booklet, landscape.
> Publisher automatically presents the pages in the correct order.
>

> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx
>
> "Pastor Bob" <Pastor Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Created a new newsletter in publisher 2000, tried to print it on my Epson
> > Photo R1800 printer which supports up to 13x19 sheet paper and 13"x***' in
> > roll format and could not select a format to print pages 1 and 4 on one side
> > and then 2 and 3 on the other.  Downloaded an instruction sheet from
> > Microsoft on printing "two 8.5-by11-inch pages per 11-by-17-inch sheet of
> > paper"  It says on "file" click "print", choose a printer that can print on
> > 11x17, then click "Book Printing Option" at the bottom of the dialog box.
> > Problem is this "Book Printing Options" does not appear in the dialog box.
> > Have updated Publisher 2000, printer drivers, and reinstalled drivers from
> > Epson 1800 disc.  Nothing helps.

0
PastorBob (2)
10/23/2006 2:49:01 PM
Page setup is not a printer option. File, page setup, special fold. This is a
separate dialogue, not part of the printer setup.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> If the options for special fold, booklet, etc. were there I could do that,
> but they do not appear anywhere in the dialog box
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Setup your printer first for 11 x 17 , then setup your page for "special
>> fold",
>> booklet, landscape.
>> Publisher automatically presents the pages in the correct order.
>>

>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx
>>
>> "Pastor Bob" <Pastor Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Created a new newsletter in publisher 2000, tried to print it on my Epson
>> > Photo R1800 printer which supports up to 13x19 sheet paper and 13"x***' in
>> > roll format and could not select a format to print pages 1 and 4 on one
>> > side
>> > and then 2 and 3 on the other.  Downloaded an instruction sheet from
>> > Microsoft on printing "two 8.5-by11-inch pages per 11-by-17-inch sheet of
>> > paper"  It says on "file" click "print", choose a printer that can print on
>> > 11x17, then click "Book Printing Option" at the bottom of the dialog box.
>> > Problem is this "Book Printing Options" does not appear in the dialog box.
>> > Have updated Publisher 2000, printer drivers, and reinstalled drivers from
>> > Epson 1800 disc.  Nothing helps.

0
mary-sauer (6480)
10/23/2006 2:53:07 PM
Mary, you are a genius!!  Thanks

"Pastor Bob" wrote:

> Created a new newsletter in publisher 2000, tried to print it on my Epson
> Photo R1800 printer which supports up to 13x19 sheet paper and 13"x***' in
> roll format and could not select a format to print pages 1 and 4 on one side
> and then 2 and 3 on the other.  Downloaded an instruction sheet from
> Microsoft on printing "two 8.5-by11-inch pages per 11-by-17-inch sheet of
> paper"  It says on "file" click "print", choose a printer that can print on
> 11x17, then click "Book Printing Option" at the bottom of the dialog box.
> Problem is this "Book Printing Options" does not appear in the dialog box.
> Have updated Publisher 2000, printer drivers, and reinstalled drivers from
> Epson 1800 disc.  Nothing helps.
0
PastorBob (2)
10/23/2006 3:21:02 PM
You are very welcome, thanks for the compliment.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> Mary, you are a genius!!  Thanks
>
> "Pastor Bob" wrote:
>
>> Created a new newsletter in publisher 2000, tried to print it on my Epson
>> Photo R1800 printer which supports up to 13x19 sheet paper and 13"x***' in
>> roll format and could not select a format to print pages 1 and 4 on one side
>> and then 2 and 3 on the other.  Downloaded an instruction sheet from
>> Microsoft on printing "two 8.5-by11-inch pages per 11-by-17-inch sheet of
>> paper"  It says on "file" click "print", choose a printer that can print on
>> 11x17, then click "Book Printing Option" at the bottom of the dialog box.
>> Problem is this "Book Printing Options" does not appear in the dialog box.
>> Have updated Publisher 2000, printer drivers, and reinstalled drivers from
>> Epson 1800 disc.  Nothing helps.

0
mary-sauer (6480)

my gridlines do not print even tho I have chosen print gridlines
I am trying to print a spreadsheet with gridlines. I have chosen the border and chose print gridlines in the page set up. My spreadsheet prints without any borders or gridlines. What am I doing wrong? If I send that spreadsheet to another computer it prints with all the lines. Usual cause for this is that Page Setup>Sheet>"Draft Quality" is checked. Uncheck and see results. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 10:29:04 -0700, "sandys5" <sandys5@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am trying to print a spreadsheet with gridlines. I have chosen...

Using Publisher for long reports
Hi. I write long reports (50 pages) in which layout and style are very important. I'm thinking of switching from Word to Publisher since Word's management of pictures and layout drives me wild. Can anyone advise me if Publisher might be the right choice? Does anyone have some long document templates they could show me? -- Giles It sounds like Publisher would be perfect for you since you indication that the layout is important. I can't help with a sample tho because (1) the longest I've done is about 24 pages and (2) my newsletters contain personal contact information and...

Publishing Website
I have a solution with multiple projects. On my LOCAL computer in Visual Studio 2008, I can choose a website, mouse right click, choose Publish and it publishes to my LOCAL c:\temp\webSiteName directory. It works great. I then use a bat to zip and copy the published project to the remote web server. (I am doing it this way instead of directly publishing the project to the website because it takes forever to copy the VERY BIG published project if it is not zipped.) I would like to NOT to have to "choose a website, mouse right click, choose Publish" and do this as pa...

Running 2 Versions of Publisher
I want to install and try the Publisher 2007 trial version. I currently have Pub 2002 on my machine. Can I install both versions? Or does 2007 screw up 2002? Or can I install 2007 on another HD on my system w/out touching my 2002 install? I DO NOT want to screw up my 2002 version - I have many files/clients who use it and we all know how stupid Pub is about reading files made in different versions. It would be very nice if the two could run side-by-side, and you could have both installed and running so you could choose between them. I don't suppose that's possible is it?Dawn I ...

How do I open doc's from Publisher 2000 when I am using Pub 2003?
I recently purchased Publisher 2003 and can't seem to edit any document from a previous version. Are you running Norton AV? Try disabling NAV Script Blocking ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Start NAV Click Options. If a menu appears when you click Options, then click NortonAntiVirus. The Norton AntiVirus Options dialog box appears. Click Script Blocking. Uncheck Enable Script Blocking (recommended). Click OK. Restart the computer if prompted to do so. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "GAR" <GAR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01222D01-7A00-4...

OE6 fails after installing Office 2000
The help of the assembled multitudes is welcomed: I tried to install MS Office 2000 Premium into an environment containing MSIE6.0 and Outlook Express 6.0 (with full SP updates.) OS is Windows ME, also with full updates. Result was corruption of Outlook Express. I could view email headers and previews, but could not launch email messages and/or print them. Further, the addressbook disappeared. When I tried to access address book, I was told that the system was improperly installed and I should reinstall. Removing Office 2000 from the system restored functionality to Outlook Express. I ...

Mail as web page
I want to send an advertising mail shot that looks like a web page. What is the best way to achieve this? ---------------------------------------------------------- This message has been checked for all known viruses. The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential and may be the subject of legal, professional or other privilege. It is intended for the named addressee only and may not be disclosed to any other parties without the prior permission of the originator. Fight Spam! Join EuroCAUCE: http://www.euro.cauce.org/ ...

Page break in publisher to change from portraite to landscape
I am trying to change one page from portrate to landscape without effecting the rest of the pages, but each time i try it effects all the pages. I know in word you can select page break. Is there something similar in publisher as i am unable to find this? -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/publisher/200707/1 Pub 2000 here and for me to do what you want I must leave the page in question as portrait and turn the text and images 90�. -- Don Vancouver, USA "chedd via OfficeKB.com" <u18187@uwe> wrote in message news:75f1cac2d1fca@...

Data Loss in Publisher
Hi I run a W2k network in a school. I have Office Group Policies in place forcing the default save location for Publisher documents (Office XP version) to the pupil's home folders. All my PCs are identical (ghost images). Pupils have roaming profiles (some mandatory). Some users save work in Publisher and the next time they log on to the network and open the saved file, it's contents have gone! There is nothing exceptional about the affected users' user accounts and they have a mixture of mandatory and roaming profiles. Has anyone come across this problem before? Than...

Free ASP.NET MVC paging component
I wrote a free asp.net mvc paging component (should it be called "control"?) called MvcPager, it supports 3 paging mode:standard url paging,default Ajax paging and jQuery Ajax paging. The paging implementation was inspired by Scottgu's PagedList<T> idea. You can view online demo and download it from http://en.webdiyer.com in case you're interested for this component! Hope you can find it's helpful! ...

Office 2000 Small Business
When we load Office 2000 Small Business and than open Publisher we get the following error. The instruction at "Ox77fcbcbe" referenced memory at "Oxfffffff8". The memory could not be "read". Click on OK to terminate the program. What can we do to fix this error. It is usually do to a faulty printer/graphics driver. Does Publisher open okay in safe mode? Disable your printer before opening Publisher, if it opens go to the manufacturer's web site and look around for newer drivers. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://www.mv...

Message Filtering on MS Outlook 2000
Hi I'm Leo I have a problen on my MS Outlook Message Filtering, this is the scenario. User A sends a message to User B (inside my organisation) and User C (outside) then the message goes to User B Inbox, then User C replies to User B and the message goes to Junk Folder. This is not usually heppening when User C sends Email on User B, normally it goes to User B inbox. We have a Rule that filters the Email Address of the sender so I think that the MS Outlook filters the message thats why it goes to Junk Folder. My question is how did MS Outlook filters messages even if we do not have Rul...

Uprage to 2003 from 2000
Hello, Over the weekend I have installed an exchange 2003 server within the same domain as an exchange 2000 server. All is going well except this morning I am getting alot of reports from users that they're emails are bouncing back with a "mailbox over the size limit error" I normally hear of these all the time, but I'm finding that this morning I've gotten a lot of complaints. When I look at the users mailbox in ESM, for some reason alot of them are much larger than the size limit that they have on their mailboxes. For instance, one user has a limit of 350000 yet...

My OL 2000 will not open-get error message
I have MS Office Premium-all of the other programs work. When I try to open OL2000 I get the the error msg. MS Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. I removed MS Office Premium and re-installed it-same problem. I also clicked repair from Control Panel-same problem. -- Roma Does it work correctly when trying to start Outlook in Safe Mode? Start-> Run; outlook.exe /safe For additional troubleshooting steps see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/outlookdoesntstart.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www...

How do I make a single pdf page out of 4 publisher pages?
I would like to be able to send this newletter in pdf format by email. The people who receive it would like to scroll through the 4 pages. So far all I have been able to do is make a pdf out of each page and attach ~ as an attachement. They have to open each attachment to see the next page. Any help appreciated!! As you save to pdf look for a statement that says, "Append to existing file". This way all four pages will be in one file. -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "Cody" <Cody@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0855587A-6DA5-410...

printing #27
how do i print content of cells without printing the cell borders (excell 2000) Sammy If by "borders" you mean gridlines, uncheck "gridlines" in File>Page Setup>Sheet. If you mean "borders" that were placed around cells by Formatting, either delete them or select "Draft Quality" in Page Setup>Sheet. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 09:12:02 -0700, "sammy" <sammy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >how do i print content of cells without printing the cell borders (excell 2000) thanks,it works "Gord Dibben...

Can I use Free Excel Viewer 97/2000 in Windows XP?
Microsoft downloads doesn't list the free excel viewer compatible with Windows XP. Is there a free download to view and print excel spreadsheets, that's compatible with Windows XP? Linda The Viewer for Office 97/2000 works fine under Windows XP. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 15:11:01 -0700, "Linda" <Linda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Microsoft downloads doesn't list the free excel viewer compatible with >Windows XP. Is there a free download to view and print excel spreadsheets, >that's compatible with Windows XP? Linda An...

Printing checks #13
When i print a check in money deluxe 2005, It put the payee name on the pay to the order of line but also prints it below this line. Id this acceptable? and is there anyway to stop it from printing the payee name twice? Go to Tools, Settings, Print Checks and uncheck Print payee name in first line of address field. "vermonter" <vermonter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FC9A904E-A691-4DF3-9088-48D4130D6A51@microsoft.com... > When i print a check in money deluxe 2005, It put the payee name on the pay > to the order of line but also prints it below this...

Upgrading to OL 2002 from 2000
I installed OL2002 on a machine. I had my e-mail setup on another machine with OL2K. I saved the PST file, cause in the past that's all I needed to move e-mail. I also exported the e-mails and address book. I thought I had to do was move the old PST file to the location of the new PST that should have been created when I first set up OL2002. I do a search and can not find such a PST file. Can some one give me some direction how to get the old e-mails into OL2002? Thanks for any help you can provide. If you're using Windows 2000 or XP, you'll need to search in hidden and s...

HtmlHelp doesn't shoe the right page
I have a CDialog based application and i called HtmlHelp(this->m_hWnd, helpFilePath, HH_HELP_CONTEXT, dwData); in my WinHelp method. I checked the helpFilePath contains the right path, "c:\myapp\hlp\help.chm" and the dwData contains a right Help ID. I checked ..ali file, it contains correct information, like HID_CALL = Directory\Call.htm and in my hlp directory, it has a folder called Directory and has Call.htm. However, the HtmlHelp always return NULL. Would you please give me any ideas why the help doesn...

Excel 2000/2003 conflict
Whenever I try to open excel files created using 2000, 2003 gives me errors on simple formulas. For example, a SUM formula is marked as an error and displays a wrong number, when I go up to the formula bar and hit enter without changing the conents it recalculates to the right answer. There is many more errors such as "inconsistent formula" or "lost visual basic project" which doesn't allow a 2000 file open without repair. Is there anything I can download to fix all of this together or will I have to fix them all by hand? Does this have to do anything with the differen...

is there a way to automatically insert and print random pictures
I am trying to create greeting cards using a variety of different pictures on the cover. Is there a way to automatically insert them from a file so each card has a different picture? You could setup a data base with the pictures, use the catalog merge. Help here Create a catalog merge http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HP101921831033.aspx -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "judy" <judy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1D33513D-9069-47E9-AB24-E4C88EA8D4C0@microsoft.com... >I am trying to create greeting cards using a variety o...

upgrade CRM 3.0 on SQL 2000 to CRM 4.0 on SQL 2008 (error)
I am trying to upgrade CRM 3.0 on SQL 2000 to CRM 4.0 on SQL 2008 and getting this error. (I know CRM 3.0 doesnt support SQL 2008, so a '1' step upgrade might have its risks). "Action Microsoft.CRM.Setup.Server.GrantConfigDBDatabaseAccessAction failed. The DEFAULT_SCHEMA clause cannot be used with a windows group or with principals mapped to certificates or asymmetric keys". I'm trying this in a virtual environment first. Any comments on this? Thanx Glen Hi Glen, Upgrade CRM 3.0 to SQL Server 2005 Evaluation . then upgrade to CRM 4.0 on SQL Server 2005. Take ...

Printing or Not Printing Pictures
Using Access 2007. This may not be the best approach but this is what I have done... I am trying to create a home inspection database. In my table for bathroom I have the following fields referring to pictures: TPic as an Attachment to add pictures of a toilet (don't laugh!); SPic for sink; VHPic for Venting/Heating; BTPic for bath-tub; SHPic for Shower..... On the form for each area (I have the form set-up as pages / tabs) each attachment field is on the applicable page. That works fine. The user can add as many pictures as they want easily. I can put the attachment...

How can i print 1 page only??
We have Microsoft Outlook 2002. If an e-mail initially generated by us becomes very long owing to back and forth replies we would like to print only the first page containing the latest reply. However, the only option we are given is to print 'all/even/odd' pages. Some mails we receive which are not initially generated by us however give us the option of which page to print. It is this type of print option we would like to have for all e-mails! its driving us up the wall, there must be a simple way to do it but we just cant find out how! HELP! --------------------------------...