Printing Labels #5

Can you use a roll of labels with MS Office?

Specifically, can you rip off 6 labels, which would be approximately half a
piece of paper, and feed it through a printer, while using MS Publisher or MS
Word?
0
LACE (5)

You probably can, it will take some effort to setup the page correctly. Merging would
be questionable. In page setup, select custom, input the label width and length plus
one label more for the margin.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"LACE" <LACE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can you use a roll of labels with MS Office?
>
> Specifically, can you rip off 6 labels, which would be approximately half a
> piece of paper, and feed it through a printer, while using MS Publisher or MS
> Word?

0
gsauer (5093)
12/7/2005 9:11:43 AM
Mary,
I do this all the time with 1" x 3.5" pinfeed labels torn into individual
sheets. No special setup or template needed. Start with a blank letter size
page and position the text frame or table if desired at the first label you
want to print. Example: the second label down would be .375" from the left
side of the page to account for the pinfeed carrier and then 1" down from
the top. The same procedure can apply to full sheet labels and to envelopes
as well. Nothing to it. I'm absolutely amazed that this question is asked so
often in the newsgroups.
--
Ron

"Mary Sauer" <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
> You probably can, it will take some effort to setup the page correctly.
> Merging would be questionable. In page setup, select custom, input the
> label width and length plus one label more for the margin.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> "LACE" <LACE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Can you use a roll of labels with MS Office?
>>
>> Specifically, can you rip off 6 labels, which would be approximately half
>> piece of paper, and feed it through a printer, while using MS Publisher
>> or MS
>> Word?

0
drc023
12/7/2005 9:50:25 AM
Do you take the pin feed strip off before you print? Do you use a laser printer? I
have literally thousands of pin feed labels left over from our Okidata days. I still
have the Okidata, but because of space constraints I can't use it. It is a wonderful
printer, cost $600 back in the good old days.

I would hesitate putting those old labels through a laser, might try it on the
inkjet.

Have you used a merge with the labels? I am going to work this out...

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"drc023" <d+r+c+0+2+3@sbcXXXglobalYYY.ZZZnet> wrote in message
> Mary,
> I do this all the time with 1" x 3.5" pinfeed labels torn into individual sheets.
> No special setup or template needed. Start with a blank letter size page and
> position the text frame or table if desired at the first label you want to print.
> Example: the second label down would be .375" from the left side of the page to
> account for the pinfeed carrier and then 1" down from the top. The same procedure
> can apply to full sheet labels and to envelopes as well. Nothing to it. I'm
> absolutely amazed that this question is asked so often in the newsgroups.
> --
> Ron
>
> "Mary Sauer" <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
>> You probably can, it will take some effort to setup the page correctly. Merging
>> would be questionable. In page setup, select custom, input the label width and
>> length plus one label more for the margin.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> "LACE" <LACE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Can you use a roll of labels with MS Office?
>>>
>>> Specifically, can you rip off 6 labels, which would be approximately half a
>>> piece of paper, and feed it through a printer, while using MS Publisher or MS
>>> Word?

0
gsauer (5093)
12/7/2005 10:28:45 AM
Mary Sauer <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> was very recently heard to utter:

I've also used pinfeed labels (perforated concertina paper rather than roll
labels) with Publisher.

> Do you take the pin feed strip off before you print?

Nope.

> Do you use a
> laser printer?

No.

> I would hesitate putting those old labels through a laser, might try
> it on the inkjet.

Yeah, you rish gumming up the mechanism in your laser printer.

> Have you used a merge with the labels? I am going to work this out...

No, I have always laid out the page manually (mainly because the bottom
label is unprintable due to margin constraints, and the top one is only
partially so.  I like to make use of the full label where possible)

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6342)
12/7/2005 12:37:53 PM
> Do you take the pin feed strip off before you print?
Nope, the carrier isn't perforated to allow the pinfeed strips to be removed

> Do you use a laser printer?
Sometimes, if I want sharper print than I can get with my inkjet. My current
lasers are an HP IIIp and a Lexmark E312.

> I have literally thousands of pin feed labels left over from our Okidata
> days. I still have the Okidata, but because of space constraints I can't
> use it. It is a wonderful printer, cost $600 back in the good old days.
Same here. I used an OKI 320 and various Epson dot matrix printers when I
did bulk mailings for clients at my print shops.

> I would hesitate putting those old labels through a laser, might try it on
> the inkjet.
I've run these labels through many different lasers and never had any
problems. I wouldn't use the lower paper feed trays which probably would
cause the labels to peel off. Using a fairly straight paper path from a top
or front feed is much safer. BTW: I'm not shy about running the same sheet
thru multiple times when I only need top print one or two labels.

> Have you used a merge with the labels? I am going to work this out...
I have a couple of times, but mostly the printing is for only one or two
labels. I do use mail merge extensively when printing envelopes. I still do
a lot of wedding and shower invitations for family and church friends. Back
in the old days when I printed thousands of labels at a time, I used an
ancient flat file database - PC-File 3.0 - an amazing program. I haven't
found anything that could rival it for speed or ease of use. My requirements
are different now and using an Excel spreadsheet is more than adequate for
my current mail merge needs.

--
Ron

>>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>> "LACE" <LACE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
drc023

Phone field should allow for 5 digit extension number.
Many companies, including Microsoft, have 5 digit extensions for their phone numbers. i.e xxx-xxx-xxxx ext. xxxxx Dynamics is limited to 4. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/...

mirror printing
Hi all. My wife is using Publisher 2003, on an XP-Home SP2 system. This evening she went to print a flyer she made and it printed in reverse. While I'm aware that one can set it to print in a mirrored format, I am unable to identify anything to stop this from happening. In checking the print drivers, all of the mirror settings are turned to off. In checking the page set up in Publisher, there is no option for her to perform a mirroring operation. I've checked the print preview and it shows as being correclty oriented. I.e., normal. But when I go to print the document, it's mir...

lotus notes 6.5.3 local area server connection setup !!!
Hello All, I need to find lotus notes 6.5.3. connection server setup details. After I was installed 6.5.3 .I go to setup local area connection server.Type for Server name: xxxxxxxxxxxx then Destination server address setup to xxxxxx for address after that Open the link to the databases on the server, File - Database - Open but there is no my server name in this point Can anybody to help me about this. thanks. Aydin YILDIZ ay_yildiz1881@yahoo.com No, but a support group for Lotus Notes would be where I would start. = Whatever made you think this is an Outlook issue? --=20 Milly S...

Are there any design sets in Publisher for printing in landscape
I am having to produce a brochure which for Excel insert reasons will have to be produced for printing in landscape format. It would appear from perusing the Microsoft standard design sets that they are all in portrait. Can anyone point me in the right direction to find landscape ones,or, is there any way of changing those already in the programme to landscape? All the brochures templates are landscape. Click publications for print rather than design sets; although the brochures within the design sets are landscaped. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvp...

CComboBox #5
I have VC6 and am using MFC. I'm using RichEdit. I'm calling a modeless dialog box (Dialog Editor) that contains two CComboBoxes. The program works fine but with one exception: Whenever you select the arrow button next to the dropdown list box it doesn't come up with the list box at all! What can I do to make this work? There's got to be something simple. (If I haven't cover it all feel free to ask me.) Any help would be appreciated. Scott "Scott Starker" <Scott_Starker@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23Y7kzBksDHA.4056@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I h...

Print and review
I have 168 pages of excel to print on legal paper (14 inch) and I'm using 2002 or XP excel with Vista Ultimate. I change the margin and do a auto Fit on the ROW (I have to do a hundred of them) and nothing happens so I do a manual like changing it form 85 to 75 but when I print it, it has a big gap in the cell where another sentence should be. I go and do a print review and sure enough there is a big gap but on my spread sheet it looks OK, so I guess I need to do an auto fit that works. Can anyone help? Richard ...

An Exchange 5.5 Mailbox won't disappear when servers sync
We have 2 Exch 5.5 servers, one in UK and one in Kenya - they are happily synching address lists (we have tested this over the past 24 hours) A few days ago one of our mailboxes here had to be moved to the Kenya server (this is a common thing that we have to do when staff from UK go to work in Africa - due to bandwidth etc!!!) and I deleted the mailbox here. After several syncs the Kenya server still "sees" the mailbox and so the mailbox cannot be added locally. We have tried rebooting, requesting full directory syncs, but nothing seems to shift it. We've created and deleted ma...

Exchange 5.5 sp4 - MAPI clients can not connect
We have an Exchange 5.5 server running on WIN2k O/S. It been running fine for a long time. Recently, users have been losing connection(s) to the store. Each time the store and all Exchange services are running properly and MAILBOX resources via the admin pull up successfully. The only remedy for our 100 + MAPI clients (only), is to restart the Exchange services, then, they can log back in... same issue will re-occur a day or two later. I'm suspecting something is screwing up RPC connections that prevent the MAPI users to get to their e-mail accts. STORE.EXE version is 5.5.2658.3...

Printing reports with no data
Actually the title of this question is a little misleading, sorry. This should be fairly simple. I run 5 different reports for 2 different shifts based on certain product catagories that were produced the previous day. Sometimes there is data for those reports and sometimes not. Instead of the report opening in preview, I would rather just have a MsgBox pop up that says there's nothing to report. Other than date and shift information, I'm pulling up the product SKU, description of the product, start and end time, qty and so on. please help! Thanks Bill R. -- John 3:16 "Fo...

Can't print visio diagrams on HP9300 color printer.
Regardless of settings in visio or preferences on HP9300 deskjet printer, only the bottom 1/3 of ANY diagram appears on the printed page. Using A4 paper. Diagram prints properly on HP1015 laserjet printer. Have you installed Service Pack 1 for Visio 2003? This corrects several printing issues similar to what you describe. -- Mark Nelson Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "leewilson248" <leewilson248@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4D16F1D7-4C04-4CB1-B9DB-E0F8F450790B@microsoft.co...

Word Printing and Rotation of Landscaped Pages
When printing a document with mostly portrait pages but some landscapes, the landscape page is rotated for printing and is rotated so that the page top is on the right hand side of a traditional portrait page. I want it to rotate 180 degrees from that so that the bottom of the landscape page is on the right hand edge of the portrait page. Cannot seem to find a place to do that. Help !!! I don't think Excel can do that. Mike wrote: > When printing a document with mostly portrait pages but some landscapes, the > landscape page is rotated for printing and is rotated ...

won't print
I've built a news letter and prepared the file for printing service, now I can't print it. What have I done wrong and how can I fix it You could press the print button or You could give us just a few clues about what OS, Pub version, Printer,and error indications so we could try to understand what you are doing. -- John G Wot's Your Real Problem? "edward" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08af01c3afff$1213e1c0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I've built a news letter and prepared the file for > printing service, now I can't print i...

Printing just one page?
I would like to print just one page in my publication, at times. When I hit file, print, I do not have a print option. Print merge, print preview are all that is available. Can anyone help? Please?? What version Publisher? When you are ready to print one page, there should be check off for "current page". Are you expanding the File menu? Right-click any toolbar (Publisher 2002), customize, toolbars tab, check *Always show full menus." What happens if you ctrl+p or click the print icon on the toolbar? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msau...

Update GAL exchange 5.5
HI How to update Global Address list in Exchange server 5.5 with service pack 4. Thanks Shaikh Not sure what you mean by update GAL? SusanV "Shaikh" <smahaboob@dishnet.com> wrote in message news:ebaAdEjuDHA.3416@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > HI > > How to update Global Address list in Exchange server 5.5 with service pack > 4. > > Thanks > Shaikh > > > I mean , i want to update my GAL so that old e-mail address which is deleated will remove form GAL. the reson is i am getting junk mails to old E-mail box's which r removed and system ...

Do not display Value label if value = zero
Hi I am putting together a pie chart, where values for some slices is 'zero'. The zero slice is not visible, but the label still appears '0%'. Is there any way of suppressing this label for the zero slice only (so the other slices still have value labels appearing) ? Many thanks for any help Format label, custom format: #;;; -- Best Regards, Luke M "LFNFan" <LFNFan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CC677569-1FB1-4108-8535-C5BDC6E1B825@microsoft.com... > Hi > > I am putting together a pie chart, where values ...

How to print header all page
I create assetNo header (difference number of record for each assetNo) in my report and set keep together for each assetNo. If data in any assetNo more than one page, My report does not print assetNo header on next page. Where am I wrong. Nova wrote: >I create assetNo header (difference number of record for each assetNo) in my >report and set keep together for each assetNo. >If data in any assetNo more than one page, My report does not print assetNo >header on next page. To get a group header to appear on each page in addition to the start of the group, you need to set t...

cell color #5
Dear All, My OS is WindowsXP pro and Office is 2003. In WindowsXP, there are many users, now there is one user in Excel, after apply the fill color, the color can not appear, only in Print Preview can see the color applied. help pls. thank you berry See this: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=320531 Biff "berrylei" <berrylei@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7EE1354C-542D-4EDB-BDE6-52FDB6A3C78B@microsoft.com... > Dear All, > > My OS is WindowsXP pro and Office is 2003. > In WindowsXP, there are many users, now there is one user > in Excel...

Changing Exch 5.5 Svc accounts
Hi, I'm trying to change the exchange 5.5 service accounts to a new account in a new domain (from oldNTDomain\oldNTAccount to newADDomain\newADAccount). However, both the Microsoft Exchange Directory service and the Microsoft Exchange Message Transfer Agent service will not start when the log on credentials are changed over to the new account. All other services will start up fine. Permissions have been granted to the new account on the org, site, containers, shares and local security policy on the Exchange server. Does anyone have any suggestions or possible next steps to resolve...

Upgrade 7.5 to 9.0 possible issues
Hi! I'm working for clients who have GP 7.5 installed with SQL Server 2000. Few customization is done on it. They want to upgrade to 9.0 version. Could you please tell me if it's easy to perform upgrade or not? Possible issues? Also I haven't found any information about upgrading, please add links if available Thanks in advance. we're also in 7.5 just upgraded our test server with updated data to 9.0. had few bumps because I did some customizations and I knew where the problem occured. in your case, you have to know if the customizations will work on the new environ...

Couldn't print attachment in Outlook 2000
Hi, Need HELP. System reset whenever try to print mail with attachment in MS Outlook 2000. Thanks ...

Exchange 5.5 relay problem #3
Hi I have Exchange 5.5 and I have relay problem. What can I do to stop the relay problem? My domain is always in black lists. Than"x S Take a look at this article: 199656 XIMS: How to Stop Spam Mail Messages from Using IMS Relay Agent http://support.microsoft.com/?id=199656 Regards, Colby -- Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Shay Hanya" <shay@telecode.co.il> wrote in message news:ecDJ56XpEHA.800@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx....

DAO 2.5/3.5
Does some boby can help me find the DAO 2.5/3.5, I m trying to run an old database in an Access 2003 and it wont run without it. Tx, Domingos Junqueira The library is called the Microsoft DAO 2.5/3.5 Compatibility Layer. It was introduced so Access 95 and 97 could read a database created in Access 2. The current version does not support this layer. Remove the reference, and modify the code so that it does not need the libary. In many cases, you will find that there is only a small amount of code that needs changing, since DAO 3.x does most of it anyway, and even recognises many of...

Label designer / configuration
I am trying to customise my labels and in the field options "unit of measure" is not there. I am hoping someone can tell me how to add an extra field on a label?? Any help on this would be much appreciated. Gist, Its not in the latest version either. Go into CustomerSource and put in a suggestion. http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/customersource.mspx -- * "GasT" <GasT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B9A2B119-60B2-45AF-8ECF-48246663631C@microsoft.com... I am trying to customise my labels and in the field options "unit of measure...

In Excel, how can I print a long list on 1 page in multiple colum.
I have a long (700 rows) list in an Excel worksheeet. I would like to print the whole list on one page by making the font smaller and by printing it on multiple columns on the page. How can I set this up? Thanks Check out this David McRitchie link for the columns question: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm "Chuck" wrote: > I have a long (700 rows) list in an Excel worksheeet. I would like to print > the whole list on one page by making the font smaller and by printing it on > multiple columns on the page. How can I set this up? > > Thanks ...

can I print labels using data from an excell spreadsheet
I want to know if it is possible to export data from an excel spreadsheet directly to a database other than access,(as I do not have access) so that I may print labels? Cesspool, Use Word mail merge. It can use an Excel list. It does labels. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Cesspool lady" <Cesspoollady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5095D2AB-A32C-42D9-B071-1F98F08142E2@microsoft.com... >I want to know if it is possible to export data from an excel spreadsheet > directly to ...