Printing Font color

Can anyone tell me how to print normal text in a color
other than black?  Have tried all types of fill for text
(both black and gray) and still always prints BLACK.
0
ellenm421 (1)

Ellen this would be an issue of your printer driver - not Publisher.

The issue you describe is unknown in Publisher.

However, we can get to the bottom of it for you.

What version of Windows and Publisher are you using?

Is this 'normal text' in a Text Frame or WordArt?

What brand and model of printer are you using?

Printing a brochure on letter size paper
Hello All, Does anyone know how to convert a brochure to letter size paper and have it automatically fill the sheet rather than leave space around the outside of the content? I am trying to flip the document to a pdf using "pdf creator" and the brochure appears as it would be printed on the paper with all the pages out of order. Thanks for any assistance you can provide. Are you wanting to print to the edge of the stock? This will depend on your printer's margin limitations. This article will help you determine your printer's limitation. http://ed.mvps.org/Static.a...

No more new fonts may be applied in this workbook??
I Created a spreadsheet with over 200 Worksheets inside and I wrote a macro that basically formats each worksheet after I'm done put all the info that I need (text, number, and graphs) I'm like half way through and I an error telling me "No More New Fonts May Be Applied in this Workbook" is there a way to ignore this message cause it's cause my macro to stop and debug... -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/excel-new/200701/1 See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/215573 -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps f...

Printing 11 x 17" on 8.5 x 11"
I have designed a newsletter in the regular 11 x 17" format. Unfortunately, we do not have the capacity to print on that size paper here and need to print on regular letter size. The pages are set up that way, but I cannot figure out how to break them down to print. When I send it to print and load 8.5 x 11" paper, it prints the entire two page spread per page, so the newsletter comes out a tiny size. I do not have a 'shrink to fit' option or anything like that on the screen. Much appreciation to anyone who can help! Am I missing something here? Why don't you s...

Printing LOTS of emails
I have to print a lot of emails - possibly several thousand. I have a macro that sends them to the printer, but is there a way I can read the contents and write them to a text file? I'd like them to look as much as possible like the actual printed copies do. It seems I MIGHT be able to open a text file, then write out the relevant fields, like: Open OutMail for output as 1 for each MailItem a$ = mailitem.field1 if len(a$)>0 then print #1,a$ a$=mailitem.field2 if len(a$)>0 then print #1,a$ etc. Print #1, "End of this mailitem" next Mailitem Close 1 Will this...

scrollbar color
Is there any way to change the background color of the vertical and horizontal scrollbars in excel? anonymous poster, You can change the color of the scrollbars as long as you do not mean separate parts like the scroller. Such changes will affect the color of the worksheet tabs and background on menus as well, and it will affect your entire system. Before making any such changes to your Control Panel, Display Settings, would suggest you backup your current settings within Display so you can fall back to them easily because it can be hard to tell what you actually changed....

Border Color
I have an excel sheet containing several borders with varying line styles. The color of these is automatic (black). I wish to change to 50% grey. The format/cell/border menu does not appear to allow wholesale change of color. Changing them individually is not an option, since it would take a long time. Please help! Manhar, Here is some code to do it. Select all your cells, then run this code With Selection .Borders(xlEdgeLeft).ColorIndex = 48 .Borders(xlEdgeTop).ColorIndex = 48 .Borders(xlEdgeBottom).ColorIndex = 48 .Borders(xlEdgeRight).ColorI...

Printing Problem with name tags converted to a new Publisher Docum
Mary Sauer, you were so helpful when you explained the Publisher "bug" to me back when I was first testing the process of creating these name tags. Now our seminar is next week and I've done the mail merge (which although looks in "print preview" like there are 6 name tags with all the same name on each page, actually print with 6 tags per page with a different name on each tag like they are supposed to). It's time for me to email this document to the person who is printing the tags. I did the mail merge and instead of "printing" I converted it t...

printing/changing margins
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) After setting the margins in page setup, the print preview shows it all to be there, but when printed, it is cut off at the bottom, thus leaving a larger margin than set. Make sure that you have Office (12.2.3), OS X (10.6.2) *and* your printer driver fully updated � check the mfr's web site. It wouldn't hurt to run Disk Utility - Repair Disk Permissions after applying any updates. If you continue to experience the problem you'll need to reply with a more detailed description of the document's structure, t...

View Excel Cells in Color
When a fill with a color an excel cell, the screen didnt show me the color ive apply to cell. I have to click the preliminary presentation icon to see the color i ve applyed. Is this an excell error? Why should i do to fix it? The first thing I'd suggest is posting your question in the Excel newsgroup instead of Publisher. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "andres torres via OfficeKB.com" <forum@nospam.OfficeKB.com> wrote in message news:c282191dd452428491c39a28c93cb703@OfficeKB.com... > When a fill with a color an excel cell, the screen didnt show me th...

AR & AP ATB print
Great Plains 9.0 - the ATB's for AP & AR - would prefer the option of printing as portrait; not bolded; and be able to customize the colums. These are double the paper from 6.0 (we just recently ufgraded). I find these hard to read (print is small and the report is busy with all the lines and bold print) ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestio...

Payables Check Printing Issues
Hello: A GP 9.0 client of ours is reporting the following two issues: (1) History is printing on the payables check stubs despite the fact that the Select Payables Checks window’s “Print Previously Applied Documents” checkbox is unchecked and (2) Multiple checks for each vendor are printing as “combined” even though the “One Check Per” selection in Select Payables Checks is selected as “Invoice”. Regular SQL maintenance on the company database is running consistently every week without error, according to the Windows App Event Viewer. Any ideas? childofthe1980s Hi, Have you...

custom color palette does not get transferred with the workbook. Excel 2003
Scenario:We use a custom color palette with predefined company colors, and excel 2003. Default workbook has also been modified to replicate colors to new workbooks - located at %userprofile%\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART\workbook.xls NOw the problem: When users create a workbook based in the default and email it to outside users who does not have the custom color palette defined as default, the colors change - custom palette disappears and workbook shows excel default colors,sometimes making the document very difficult to read. Also, if we email the document back to the origina...

Report Taking a Long Time to Print
I have a main report with 2 subreports in it. One of the subreports seems to be holding up the report when it comes to running and printing. When I run the query and/or report for the problem subreport it returns data within 1 minute. When I run the main report, it takes anywhere up to 5 minutes to run and about 12 minutes to print. When this subreport is removed from the main report, running and printing is under 1 minute, so I know this subreport is the problem. I had seen a post similar to this question and I tried the suggestions (removing page breaks, turning force new page ...

Best practice for setting default font settings in Word 2007
Could anyone tell me what Microsoft's "Best Practice" is for a company to change the default font settings in Word 2007? For example, if I wanted to change the default font to Times New Roman for all new documents and push this out to the company - does best practice remain the same as in Word 2003? Or has it changed with the inclusion of the default document settings and themes? Thanks so much! I am not sure how you did it in Word 2003, but in either case, I would not rely on customizing the Normal.dot template. You should create separate templates for your...

how can I print an invoice from outlook ?
Is there any way I can set up my 'orders' in outlook so that they can print out as an Invoice or packing slip? I run a small business and don't have an accounting programme at the moment. I have to manually type all the invoices from the orders I receive. I know there must be an easier way - any help gratefully received ! Or anyone recommend a small business programme which I could use? Thanks QuickBooks "Bridget" <Bridget@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8997C71D-819D-4B9D-A1DA-F9419603881E@microsoft.com... > Is there any way I can set u...

SSN printed with extra dashes 1 time
I have a database storing soc sec numbers and names. The soc sec numbers are entered on a form with a picture clause of 000\-00\-0000;0;_ I have a report (complicated format) that grabs information from the form and prints out the Soc Sec Number. It has a picture clause of @@@-@@-@@@@ For one client and one client only, the SSN prints out 111-2-3--5555 All others print out 111-23-5555 Does anyone know why this happens. Win XP SP2 and Access 2003 system running Thanks in advance It is very probable that the SSN that has the problem already has the dashes in it or is ot...

linking colored cell
I have a worksheet(A) with data linked to a second one(B); when I forma any (A) cell with a selected color, I would like to transmit the ne cell color to the linked one in (B); suggestions will be welcome -- Gerbati ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Gerbatin's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1523 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26867 Cannot be done unless Condtional Formatting is used on both cells to produce the color. OR VBA code. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 12 Oct 2...

Landscape Printing #3
Yes. We have the latest drivers. I installed this printer 3 weeks ago, and downloaded drivers from hp.com. It is network printer installed on W2K server and shared. Used by 15 users all running XP Pro. This problem is only with 2 workstations, but they are same hardware+installed in same way and same time like all workstations. What else can be wrong? ...

Font size for incoming e-mails
Someone was taking a look at my computer...adjusting a few things and somehow my font was changed on my incoming e- mails...the font is very tiny and I can't seem to get it changed back to a normal size. Please HELP! >-----Original Message----- >Someone was taking a look at my computer...adjusting a few >things and somehow my font was changed on my incoming e- >mails...the font is very tiny and I can't seem to get it >changed back to a normal size. > >Please HELP! >. > you can go to view and then click current view and then click customize view and ...

adjust cell width change font.
Hello I'm doing a copy and paste of cell values, my question is, when I paste the values into the cells, how do I get them to be all the same font, and some of the cells are text string, so how do I have te cells adjust for width? Currently I've got For Each x In Range("c1:c100") If Not IsEmpty(x) Then With SrcRange Set rngFind = .Find(z) If Not rngFind Is Nothing Then x.Offset(0, 7) = rngFind.Offset(0, 1).Value x.Offset(0, 8).Value = rngFind.Offset(0, 3).Value x.Offset(0, 9).Value = rngF...

Using 'Print Preview' before Printing in IE 8
Hello. I am using Win XP Prof and IE 8. I have a hotmail message that is actually a 'chain' of emails back and forth so it is obviously more than one page but when I go into 'File, Print Preview,' it only shows 'one page' with a footer on the bottom with the rest of the emails 'cut off.' I only want to print one part of the email. Why doesn't print preview show the 'entire' email with the correct number of pages that I can 'page up' and 'page down' on. I would like to be able to 'page down' to the page I...

Publisher will not print multiple copies, other apps do? Help!
I have tried everything I know how to do. Publisher will not print multiple copies, but other applications will. What version Publisher? Doe the print fail in all Publisher projects? Have you looked into an upgraded driver? Will Publisher print multiple copies if you change the number in the printer folder? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "sidewinder" <sidewinder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0FBA3DCE-AE53-432E-8A7E-D6B3D6B1736A@microsoft.com... >I have tried everything I know h...

Allow changing printer destination after you print to screen
Ehen printing a report, you cannot change the destination of the report after you have seleccted to print. it would be great to be able to direct the document to a specific printer with a dialog box. I couldn't agree more! It is irritating that the printer can not be changed once it prints to the screen. Joe @ Aero Air >-----Original Message----- >Ehen printing a report, you cannot change the destination of the report after >you have seleccted to print. it would be great to be able to direct the >document to a specific printer with a dialog box. >. > Amen. I...

Print Problems Excel 2003
Hi, I am trying to print a chart as a PDF with some data beside it. There are currently 960 points (240 rows, 4 columns, plus 2 axis) The chart displays fine within Excel worksheet, but when print or print preview is selected about half way down the 1st page the majority of the graph points are in a single row and then on subsequent pages the graph section is blank (The graph and data prints over 6 pages). I have tried sending straight to printer but with similar results. Any ideas ( I use the same chart format with less rows and more columns, but will overall less points and do not h...

How can I add a color object when I use the PieChartElement class
Hello! If I want to draw a pie with the data in the paremeterless Draw method below and I want to specify a specific color for each sector in the piechart how can that be done. There is no overloaded method in the PieChartElement class where I can add a color object. The other Draw method is an event handler for the Paint event for a PictureBox. The method called DrawPieChart is where the actual drawing take place. As you can see in this code I pass all the data except the color for each sector in the pie chart to method DrawPieChart but I want to also pass the color for eac...