printing colors in gray on laser

I'm not sure if this is a Publisher issue or a printer problem, but on the
off chance that it IS Publisher, I know someone here will know that and might
even have an answer.

I have a Publisher file that has gray text in it and when I print it on a
laser printer the text comes out solid black. I used to print in gray all the
time and I'm not sure when this problem started (since the new version of
Publisher [we just got 2003] or since my printer driver got updated). Does
anyone have any idea how I can print text in gray?

Thanks!!
0
jamacp (10)

Check your printer settings. It may be in there.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"jam-acp" <jamacp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm not sure if this is a Publisher issue or a printer problem, but on the
> off chance that it IS Publisher, I know someone here will know that and
> might
> even have an answer.
>
> I have a Publisher file that has gray text in it and when I print it on a
> laser printer the text comes out solid black. I used to print in gray all
> the
> time and I'm not sure when this problem started (since the new version of
> Publisher [we just got 2003] or since my printer driver got updated). Does
> anyone have any idea how I can print text in gray?
>
> Thanks!!

0
jl_paules (2768)
7/3/2007 4:50:39 PM
Is your driver current?

If your publication contains text that is some color besides black, it may print
as black on many HP LaserJet and compatible printers. The printer control
language used by many of these printers does not contain commands to print text
in any color besides black or white.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"jam-acp" <jamacp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm not sure if this is a Publisher issue or a printer problem, but on the
> off chance that it IS Publisher, I know someone here will know that and might
> even have an answer.
>
> I have a Publisher file that has gray text in it and when I print it on a
> laser printer the text comes out solid black. I used to print in gray all the
> time and I'm not sure when this problem started (since the new version of
> Publisher [we just got 2003] or since my printer driver got updated). Does
> anyone have any idea how I can print text in gray?
>
> Thanks!!

0
mary-sauer (6480)
7/3/2007 6:50:53 PM
Yes, the driver is the newest. But it works fine in other Microsoft programs,
which is why I wondered if it might be Publisher. Even if I change the font
color to gray, it comes out solid black. Oh, well. I'll keep searching for
the answer.

Thanks!

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Is your driver current?
>
> If your publication contains text that is some color besides black, it may print
> as black on many HP LaserJet and compatible printers. The printer control
> language used by many of these printers does not contain commands to print text
> in any color besides black or white.
>

> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "jam-acp" <jamacp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm not sure if this is a Publisher issue or a printer problem, but on the
> > off chance that it IS Publisher, I know someone here will know that and might
> > even have an answer.
> >
> > I have a Publisher file that has gray text in it and when I print it on a
> > laser printer the text comes out solid black. I used to print in gray all the
> > time and I'm not sure when this problem started (since the new version of
> > Publisher [we just got 2003] or since my printer driver got updated). Does
> > anyone have any idea how I can print text in gray?
> >
> > Thanks!!

0
jamacp (10)

Print preview #3
Is there anyway of scrolling through all worksheets in a workbook in print preview. Rather than having to close the print preview, select the next worksheet and then go to print preview again. Select all sheets: Keep Ctrl depressed while you click on tabs or: Keep Shift depressed, click on first, then last tab HTH -- AP "Graham Whitehead" <gwhitehead77@hotmail.com> a �crit dans le message de news: u6IqJZ1pGHA.2400@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Is there anyway of scrolling through all worksheets in a workbook in print > preview. Rather than having to close the pri...

How do I print a particular part of a gantt view?
I'm new to Project and am using it more as a general scheduling tool. I'd like to be able to print the Gantt Chart view at various intervals while including the first two columns. For instance it currently wants to print beginning around January but I'd like to only print from February. I am trying to only have one page. I do not see a way to set a print area like you would in excel, does project have a way around this? Nevermind, I found it. Figures not two minutes later I discover the check box in the print option that I swear was not there before I posted. ...

I want to start Excel in Print Preview. What's the quickest way?
I want to start Excel in Print Preview. What's the quickest way? Put the following in the ThisWorkbook code module of your workbook. Private Sub Workbook_Open() ActiveSheet.PrintPreview enablechanges:=True 'or false End Sub -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Newbie seeks quick answer!" <Newbie seeks quick answer!@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A0E08A1C-62F4-4A15-AA05-D3C9BB32152B@microsoft.com... >I want to start Excel in Print Preview. What's the quickest way? W...

Print Advanced Find Criteria
I have users who have requested that when they print the advanced find results they would like to also have the advanced find criteria printed. This would enable them to know what specifically the printout consists of when viewed at a later time. Any ideas? Hi Steve, Print screens cannot be customized. -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post is helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan :: CRM Freelance Consultant Email :: imumar at gmail dot com Blog :: http://umarkhan.wordpress.com "Steve Bambauer" wrote: > I have users who have requested that when they pr...

Outlook 2000 will not print certain emails
A customer has a problem with Outlook 2000. Certain emails in her Inbox will not print, whereas others will. I cannot see a common factor for the ones that fail, in terms of format (TXT or HTML) or presence/absence of attachment. All emails display OK in Print Preview. The symptom is that when you do File | Print, which displays the Printing Emails dialog box, the (default) printer is greyed out, as are the Page Setup and Define Styles buttons. This is with the Memo Style layout selected; if I change to Table Style, the printer and buttons become enabled. If I press Print with Memo St...

no data printed in chart with more than 2709 data points
when i try to print a chart that contains more than 2709 data points i get a complete chart only no lines to connect my data points. the points are displayed if i have them enabled, i have tried printing to pdf, and several printers. the problem only shows up with 2710 data points or more ...

Color of a Tab Contol
I am placing a subform (continuous form view) in a Tab Control. I don't want the subform to appear as a seperate item, I want the controls in it to appear as if they are placed directly on the Tab control. However, the subform and the tab control have different color backgrounds. I can't seem to change the background setting for either - must be an Access default. So, I was going to create a rectangle on the subform, and then assign it's color to the same color as the tab control. But, I can't even find what color this is. Any ideas how to set both the tab and the subfor...

Print multiple pages with different name.
I have set up a timesheet in excel that I would like to be able to print with each employees name on it. Is there a way of doing this without creating a sheet for each employee. Say you put the names of the employees on Sheet2 (a1:Axxx). And you want to print Sheet1 (and the names go into C1). Then you could run a little macro to print: Option Explicit Sub testme01() Dim myCell As Range Dim myNamesRng As Range Dim myHeaderCell As Range With Worksheets("sheet2") Set myNamesRng = .Range("a1", .Cells(.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp)) ...

A cell in my spreadsheet won't print
The cell content is text, a word and a number. I can see it in print preview, but it doesn't print. The cell is similar to a few other cells in the spreadsheet. I have re-entered it. I have copied from similar cells that do print. It still doesn't print. Any help? Check "view->pagebreak preview" and see if the cell in question i within the blue box -- WREFOR ----------------------------------------------------------------------- WREFORD's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2659 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showt...

CStatusBar & color-rect
I wonder how to add a color-rect onto a CView based application's CStatusBar and hope its color can easily be changed. William Derive a new class from CStatusBar and overide the method CStatusBar::DrawItem. Do your custom drawing in there. Replace the standard status bar member variable with your new class. Hope this is enough help, Rob http://www.enigmatechnologies.co.uk ...

How do I change the group heading COLOR of incoming e-mail?
Is it possible to change the COLOR of the HEADING of a group for an incoming e-mail? It's pretty annoying having to search and search for incoming e-mail. Thanks so much. yes, its automatic formatting-and is part of the view settings. you can use Tools, Organize. to access it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slips...

Automatically print email attachments
Does anyone know a way to make Outlook print the attachments to an email when it is received? -- 525047 See http://www.slipstick.com/problems/printarrival.asp -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Do you sync your mailbox with a smartphone or pda? http://forums.sl...

Print from console application
Hi I am trying to make my program send a page to a printer from my console application. I want to print the content of a string variable. I have tried the following to print from a text file: Dim myPrint as New PrintDocument myPrint.DocumentName="C:\temp\MyTextDocument.txt" myPrint.Print This works, but the printed page is blank. However - what I really need is to print a text string (several lines). Any ideas? best regards Frank On 5/30/2010 8:04 AM, Frank GTL wrote: > Hi > I am trying to make my program send a page to a printer from my cons...

print option greyed out on menu
My print option is greyed out on the drop-down menu. I have a printer installed. The document will print by clicking on the toolbar icon. I can't select a printer through the menu A couple of posibilities -- a macro has turned off the menu choice, some third party add-in influencing things (a part called Trade Station was known to grey out the right- click menu), printer driver issue, etc. Start by launching excel in safe mode (Start->Run- >Excel /s) Does the menu choice appear now? I'm assuming this is for any workbook and not a particular one. http://support.micros...

date picker excel 2003 does not print
I would like the date chosen from the date picker to print. When I print preview it does not show. Please tell us what you man by 'date picker' best wishes -- Bernard Liengme MVP Excel http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "Arthritis Foundation" <Arthritis Foundation@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8334C967-5076-484F-81E8-FCCD0BA88C72@microsoft.com... > I would like the date chosen from the date picker to print. When I print > preview it does not show. in excel cell choose insert, then choose object, find SDDatetimepickerctrlclass. which pro...

Help! Envelope doesn't print correctly.
Using Home Publisher (MS Worksuite 2000) and a HP Photo Smart 7960 printer. System is running Windows 98. Trying to print a size 10 envelope. Printer requires that the envelope be put in the tray on the right. The setup in Home Publisher shows you can select the envelope being inserted on the right but that option cannot be selected. The only option that can be selected is for the envelope to be placed in the center of the tray. Which of course causes the information to be printed incorrectly on the envelope. Thanks in advance for any help, Bill PIP: Correct Envelope Printing Options ...

How do I print only one item on a page instead of multiple.
I'm trying to print out a badge in publishing on XP pro. and I only want to print out 1 badge and not a repeat of the same badge on the page. This was easy to do on 98 pub., all I had to do was x out the ones I didn't want on page preview. Is there a way to do this or am I goint to have to waste a sheet? "dummy06" wrote: > I'm trying to print out a badge in publishing on XP pro. and I only want to > print out 1 badge and not a repeat of the same badge on the page. This was > easy to do on 98 pub., all I had to do was x out the ones I didn't want on ...

Edit printed document for Item transfer entry
I want the item transfer entry module works the same as sales trx entry. You have to input the passwod after the document has been printed. The next time other users want to open the document number, they have to input the password. Is there a way to do that? I know we can use VB, but I am blind about VB. Please help me. Any help will be appreciated. anyone????????? "ano" wrote: > I want the item transfer entry module works the same as sales trx entry. You > have to input the passwod after the document has been printed. The next time > other users want to open the d...

color pivot area
My pivot table opens with different number of rows and columns each time when i refresh it. How can I color it with correct rows and columns by vba ? Something like: clean previous color on the sheet refresh pivot color again Any help ? Thank you very much. ' Put all this into a std. module and run the procedure "Format_pivottable" while you have a worksheet active with a pivot table. Due to page breaks on this formular you might need to correct a few copy and paste errors before you can run it. Option Explicit Option Base 1 Public Declare Function GetAsyncKeyS...

Post after print
I want to pop up a report, then ask the user if he wants to post the proposed changes reflected in the report. Standard accounting-type stuff. Problem1: code on the form from which the report is called continues to run when the report opens Problem2: can't use acDialog because it does not let user access my custom menu that has the print icon on it Problem3: ctrl-P seems a little off-the-wall as the only way to print when report is open in acDialog Problem4: sure, I could use acDialog in conjunction with Report_Close to bring up a true print dialog on close of the report, but that al...

Getting Control in Print Preview
I have some code which ultimately ends in a print preview screen for a report. I would like to allow all the functions of dealing with the print preview like scrolling and zooming in and out, but I would like to have a popup box ready and waiting to the side of the print preview asking if a) Would you like to go back and revise your filter b) Would you like to send this to the printer How do I get a box that pops up asking these things and allowing more code to follow while allowing the user to control the Print Preview? ...

excel gridlines print on top of text
I am having trouble with my gridlines printing on top of the text in my worksheet. I have tried to align both vertically and horizontally. It looks fine when I preview before printing, but everytime I print, the cell contents move up above the lines. Any ideas? Trust the hardcopy and adjust the rowheight/font to match the paper copy. (WYSIWYG ain't necessarily so.) LaurieO wrote: > > I am having trouble with my gridlines printing on top of the text in my > worksheet. I have tried to align both vertically and horizontally. It looks > fine when I preview before printi...

login ID on the printed PO
Hello: Is it possible to get the Great Plains user ID (login ID) on the printed Purchase Order with Report Writer? The client would like to have the login ID appear on the PO. I had posted this last night on the message board and the person who replied to me thought that I meant the PO form as in window (i.e. using the Modifier). I mean the PRINTED purchase order and using Report Writer to modify it. Thanks! childofthe1980s I dont think there is a rw function that will return the userid so Not without Modifier/VBA. Thinking aloud:(i.e. I have not looked into it) you may be able...

Print entire workbook #2
Seems like this should be easy, but is there a way to choose to print the entire workbook without printing each worksheet individually? <File> <Print> Under "Print What", click <Entire Workbook>. -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! --------------------------------------------------------------------------- "dr. carol" <drcsexton@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1145818593.853096.257060@i39g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > ...

Excel does not print
A few of my users have the problem in excel when they attempt to print, the job goes to the printer spool (I can see it appear and quickly disappears) but never prints. Users get no errors or any other indication that the file does not print. Has anyone else experienced this problem, or know a possible fix? Jeff Hi does this happen only with Excel documents? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Jeff" <jeff4379@news.postalias> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:#IcJGVX2EHA.1124@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > A few of my users have the problem in excel when they attempt to p...