Printing A4 to A3

Hi,
We currently have a HP 9800 printer, but for some reason the scaling
function of this printer doesn't work in combination with our Publisher 2003
files. So when I try printing an A4 on an A3 page, it centers the A4 on the
A3 page instead of increasing its size.
We only have this problem in publisher, in every other program this scaling
function works fine (word, powerpoint, photoshop, ... ), so it doesn't seem
to be a printer driver problem.
Is this a setting in publisher I've overlooked?
0
Steven (151)

Try HP's support.
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?contentType=SupportFAQ&lang=en&cc=uk&docIndexId=691858&taskId=135&prodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesId=439153

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Steven" <Steven@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> We currently have a HP 9800 printer, but for some reason the scaling
> function of this printer doesn't work in combination with our Publisher 2003
> files. So when I try printing an A4 on an A3 page, it centers the A4 on the
> A3 page instead of increasing its size.
> We only have this problem in publisher, in every other program this scaling
> function works fine (word, powerpoint, photoshop, ... ), so it doesn't seem
> to be a printer driver problem.
> Is this a setting in publisher I've overlooked?

0
mary-sauer (6480)

Icons too small/printing fonts too big
I'm am a MAC newbie trying to get used to the differences from MS Office. The fonts for the Office programs at the top of the screen are TINY, but I can't find a way to increase them. Also, I've been fiddling around w/ System Preferences to change the font size. I have it pretty much as I like on the screen, but the font when printing in all Office programs is too LARGE. Can anyone help me find something that is JUST RIGHT? Thanks Welcome to the Mac, hope you are happy with it! I strongly suspect that you bought a new monitor with a larger resolution along with the switch to...

In Excel 2003 Is it possible to print a split screen in a spreadsh
I am aware of print area, but I'd like to be able to print the split screen the way I see it, so I can float my A column where I want and print. I know I can copy and paste into Word also, too much trouble. Go to file >pagesetup and select the sheet tab. Enter the columns you want shown in the dialog box "columns to repeat at left" >-----Original Message----- >I am aware of print area, but I'd like to be able to print the split screen >the way I see it, so I can float my A column where I want and print. I know I >can copy and paste into Word also, too ...

When printing a document on deskjet an empty page comes out
I try to print an Excel document on an HP Desjet 3820 printer, but both print prewiew and printout are blank. When checking the print area my data shows correctly. Clear print area, then reslect the area. D -- Donal ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Donald's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1517 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26841 I'm sorry, it didn't work to clear the print area. I'm still grateful for more ideas! best/sanna Donald's suggestion usuall...

how do I stop printing the extra credit card receipt for customer.
We just "upgraded" from QS2000 to Store Operations. How do I stop printing the extra credit card receipt that prints for the customer signature? I didn't set it up (that I know of)...I don't even see an .xml file related to it. We don't need it since our credit cards are processed separately. I don't see any options related to turning it off. SO Manager Database/Registers/Receipt Formats Open the Receipt Format Click "Properties" for the "Sales" template There's an attribute called "Show C.C. Signature" - set that to false....

Printing Address Book 02-05-10
I know I am the last person on earth to print an address book to put in my paper organizer. Is there anyway to print 4 pages on a page, using maunal front to back, so page 2 in on the backside of page 1. Now page 1 has page 5 on the back. If outlook can't do it do you know of an addin or something else. Thanks Deb ...

print area changes

Printing
Hi, I have a custom list control (base class is not CListCtrl but simply CWnd). I need to implement printing. I once created a whole printing function for a standard CListCtrl, by making complete custom drawing routines to take data out of the list control and draw it onto a printer DC. However, I have seen how "Custom Grid Control" and other controls can somehow simply map the screen (including icons and everything) onto the printer.. it's not simply a screen print obviously, because it adapts to the printer resolution, but I do wonder if there isn't just a standard print...

Report Page Footer won't print
I have some reports in which the Page Footer won't print. It is set to print on all pages. Other similar reports in the same databse do print properly. I have tried changing the Footer Height and the Page Margins but have not had any success. My controls are set to Visible. I'm running Access 97/Win2000. I thought I might delete the Footer and add it back, but when I go to View | Page Header/Footer, after warning me my controls will be deleted, Access crashes. Anyone have any suggestions why it's not printing? thanks James ...

How do I stop VB buttons from moving in Excel after printing
VB buttons work fine during use but if I print the sheet with one or more on it the button(s) move to the left of the page and stay there. If more than one choice the buttons stack on top of each other. I can go back intothe VB editor and move them back but that seems to be a major waste of time. If I remembered to save the file first I can close and reopen the spreadsheets and everything is fine. xl2002??? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;838910 Controls move to the left of the worksheet in Microsoft Excel 2002 But Jim Rech recently posted this: This article is...

Printing Reports
I have a report with many fields in one detail section. Is there any way I can group fields together or prevent a field from printing across two pages on final printing? Grateful for any response! -- rob ...

printing misalginment errors in Excel
does anyone have a solution for printing errors within Excel? when i print a document, the data within the cells is not algined correctly within the cell boxes. [running Windows XP Pro with Excel2002] the top portion of the document appears to be algined correctly but as you move down towards the bottom of the page the text tends to "drift" up into the gridlines separating the cells. any insights would be greatly appreciated. This usually tends to be a printer driver related issue - Have you tried installing the latest drivers from the manufaturers website. -- Regards ...

very slow printing
I'm new to GP Dynamics and trying to troubleshoot something related to this application, when GP user is trying to print batch about 200 invoices it starts elatively fast about 20 pages a minute then it slows down and does 3 pages per minute, this is totally unaceptable becaus eit takes hours to print batch of 200 invoices, looking at the print server I can tell that GP application is sending 1 invoice at a time, there is no problem to print from any other application. does anyone hav eany idea why it is so slow? Out of the box, when printing a 'batch' of sop invoices it p...

Outlook printing with attachments
Hi, We have e-mails in HTML format that we want to print with attached files to it. We select the e-mail, and in file--Print area, print attached files selected. When we print, it says "Please open HTML message to print it" and doesn't print. When we open, it only prints the first message and not the attached e-mails or sub attachments within that e-mail. Any idea, appreciated. Note: Why file print is different then the "Printer icon" on the screen? MC ...

Printing Labels from a form?
Greetings, Goal: I just want a form where the user can type in what needs to be printed on a label and click the print button to print it. For example: If the user needs to print a label that says: Monday, they type monday into a text box and click print and the label prints. Any ideas, I don't need the any of the information they are typing in saved, just need the user to be able to print custom labels when needed. Thanks in advance for your responses, they are appreciated:) -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 12:47:08 GMT, "...

Printing on avery products.
Publisher 2002 / XP I have created a business card that I would like to print on avery business card stock, but I cannot seem to find out how to select the specific paper that I want to print on? Any assistance would be appreciated. Dave the answer is a. I have the avery product I just don't know how to tell publisher to print to that card stock or select that card stock. >-----Original Message----- > >"Dave Roberts" <dave@tetra1.com> wrote in message >news:073901c35636$e0954ed0$a301280a@phx.gbl... >> Publisher 2002 / XP >> >> I have...

cannot print receipt in thai
i use epson tmu-220 with epson opos i set character set (opos) for the receipt's property as "874" but i got "?" for all thai characters. please help. ...

Printing to Avery Postcard #5389
The 4 x 6 inch 2 card per sheet Avery postcard is not one of the standard templates within Publisher. How do you create a new template or does one exisit already. Avery has templates, you can adapt from Word to Publisher http://www.avery.com/us/Main?action=software.BlankTPLProductSearch&catalogcode=WEB01&productcode=5389 -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Optitek Inc" <Optitek Inc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:56A3FDB3-7ABA-452D-BBDB-C721A7BC0521@microsoft.com... > The 4...

Clearing background color in printed copies
My Sheet has various regions of with various light background colors. This is to help staff enter data in the right places! When I print the Sheet, though, I don't want any background colors to show for the Range("A7:P30"). Is there a good way to do this? (I still want the background colors to show on the screen, just not in the printed copy.) Terry page setup: ActiveSheet.PageSetup.BlackAndWhite= True "terry w" <terryw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:04690179-6812-48EF-8906-7995696E8539@microsoft.com... > My She...

Print titles must be contiguous and complete rows or columns
I have a workbook in which I need to print all the pages, with continuous page numbering... I can usually select all sheets and print them, but I have some workbooks that won't even go into print-preview, and get the following error message: 'Print titles must be contiguous and complete rows or columns' I know that this can be because of incorrect entries in 'Rows to repeat at top', or 'Columns to repeat at left' but none of my sheets have anything at all in either box. I believe that it can also be because of embedded objects with the wrong pr...

Document failed to print...
I'm trying to print out some wedding invitations on card stock, I got one successful print, but the rest keep coming up with an error message reading "This document failed to print". I tried letting one of those through, and the document printed extremely dark. Any suggestions? Your printer driver is the culprit here. Go to the manufacturer's web site and look around for a newer driver. If one isn't available, uninstall and re-install your printer. It is advisable to completely remove your driver before installing/reinstalling. Bruce Sanderson's Windows Web ...

Plan Plus printing
Is there a way to wrap text when you print the caleder from plan plus ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Have you asked the Plan Plus folks? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Mark <Mark.xo7wy@outlookforum.com> asked: | Is there a way to wrap tex...

Printing attachments
I have the box checked, but it doesn't print every attachment. It used to, now it only prints 50% of them? ...

Word 2007 Link from Excel Printing Boxes
I have an MSWord 2007 document which links to an Excel 97 spreadsheet. The data updates correctly on the Word doc but when I print it, all the data from Excel is surrounded by a box outline. Does anyone know how to eliminate the outline? I have checked the formatting in Word and Excel and there is no outline in either case. Thanks -- BWHWordExcelUser I am experiencing the same problem when I link Excel 2007 spreadsheets to MSWord 2007. I can't find anyone who has an answer or anything written about this problem. "BWHWordExcelUser" wrote: > I have an...

Print all open files
I have a macro that opens selected files. I would like to add a macro to print them also, but I need to look at them before printing. Basically I need a way to change to next workbook. Is there a command for that or a loop that prints and closes? ...

print selected text OL2003
hey folks been beating my head on wall for a few days now any one knows a way to set printing options/styles to print selected text in a message ? this is for MS Outlook 2003. thanks no, it's an all or nothing deal. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter: ...