Printing 2 pages per sheet---not booklet

I've had Publisher for years and never used it, though I've used most of the
other programs.  Nice to see that most features work in similar ways, but...

I'm trying to print 1/2 pages on 8.5" X 11" sheets (paper) to put into a
half sheet 3-ring binder (finished size (cut) will be 5.5" wide by 8.5"H).  I
want to print them 2 per sheet so each page is different and the left margins
are all  .75" so I can 3-hole punch them.  I can't find a way to do this.

I tried "custom" for paper and entered the size and chose "landscape" but
the only option to print seems to be identical copies of a single page on
each sheet.

I tried choosing "booklet" which works with a little tweaking, but the
margins are obviously set up to staple, so the "punched" left margin on every
other page is on the wrong side.

Is there an easy solution for this?  I appreciate the help, I've been trying
to figure this out for two days and need to get this printed.  Just hoping I
won't run into issues moving the text from the Word document I created it in.

Thanks :).

Linda

The only way you can do what you are asking without using custom paper is to
create your pages side by side; cut in half when you are finished. The best way
would be to cut your stock first, setup your printer for a custom 5.5 x 8.5.
Your margins will be determined in the Arrange menu, Layout guides.

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"Linda" <Linda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've had Publisher for years and never used it, though I've used most of the
> other programs.  Nice to see that most features work in similar ways, but...
>
> I'm trying to print 1/2 pages on 8.5" X 11" sheets (paper) to put into a
> half sheet 3-ring binder (finished size (cut) will be 5.5" wide by 8.5"H).  I
> want to print them 2 per sheet so each page is different and the left margins
> are all  .75" so I can 3-hole punch them.  I can't find a way to do this.
>
> I tried "custom" for paper and entered the size and chose "landscape" but
> the only option to print seems to be identical copies of a single page on
> each sheet.
>
> I tried choosing "booklet" which works with a little tweaking, but the
> margins are obviously set up to staple, so the "punched" left margin on every
> other page is on the wrong side.
>
> Is there an easy solution for this?  I appreciate the help, I've been trying
> to figure this out for two days and need to get this printed.  Just hoping I
> won't run into issues moving the text from the Word document I created it in.
>
> Thanks :).
>
> Linda

0
Mary
1/7/2010 11:24:10 AM
Thanks Mary, I had a feeling that would be the only way since I spent the day
trying to find the option.  At least I can go forward now knowing it's not
possible.

I just upgraded to Windows 2007 and Office 2007, but somehow managed to get
the version of Office without Publisher.  Who would have guessed that now I
need it---and I've had it since Windows 95!  At least when 2007 installed it
didn't uninstall Pub 2003.

This would be a nice feature to have in Publisher, I hope they included this
option in newer versions.  I can see using it for "half sheet" notices and
such a lot.

Thanks again, now I can get moving instead of problem solving :)!

Linda

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> The only way you can do what you are asking without using custom paper is to
> create your pages side by side; cut in half when you are finished. The best way
> would be to cut your stock first, setup your printer for a custom 5.5 x 8.5.
> Your margins will be determined in the Arrange menu, Layout guides.
>

> --
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Linda" <Linda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I've had Publisher for years and never used it, though I've used most of the
> > other programs.  Nice to see that most features work in similar ways, but...
> >
> > I'm trying to print 1/2 pages on 8.5" X 11" sheets (paper) to put into a
> > half sheet 3-ring binder (finished size (cut) will be 5.5" wide by 8.5"H).  I
> > want to print them 2 per sheet so each page is different and the left margins
> > are all  .75" so I can 3-hole punch them.  I can't find a way to do this.
> >
> > I tried "custom" for paper and entered the size and chose "landscape" but
> > the only option to print seems to be identical copies of a single page on
> > each sheet.
> >
> > I tried choosing "booklet" which works with a little tweaking, but the
> > margins are obviously set up to staple, so the "punched" left margin on every
> > other page is on the wrong side.
> >
> > Is there an easy solution for this?  I appreciate the help, I've been trying
> > to figure this out for two days and need to get this printed.  Just hoping I
> > won't run into issues moving the text from the Word document I created it in.
> >
> > Thanks :).
> >
> > Linda
> >

> .

Problems with creating a newsletter