Print to web publication

I am using Publisher 2003.  My file keeps automatically converting to a web
publication.  It was created originally as a web publication, and I chose to
convert to a print publication.  Now every time I open it, it reverts back to
a web publication.  Short of starting from scratch, I'm left with scratching
my head as my only solution...

Here's what I've tried:
* converting to print publication and saving
* converting to print publication and saving with a different file name
* converting to print publication and saving with a different file name on
my hard drive (instead of the server)

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated!!

they both are .pub files so maybe you're mixing them up during the saving
process.
I can't duplicate your problem with 2003 or 2007.

Why are you saving the pub file to the server?

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano

"Angel" <Angel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am using Publisher 2003.  My file keeps automatically converting to a
> web
> publication.  It was created originally as a web publication, and I chose
> convert to a print publication.  Now every time I open it, it reverts back
> a web publication.  Short of starting from scratch, I'm left with
> scratching
> my head as my only solution...
>
> Here's what I've tried:
> * converting to print publication and saving
> * converting to print publication and saving with a different file name
> * converting to print publication and saving with a different file name on
> my hard drive (instead of the server)
>
> Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated!!

0
Rob
4/1/2010 2:04:11 AM
I don't think I'm mixing them during the saving process, and if I were then
saving the print publication with a different name on a different drive
should eliminate that issue.

When I say saving them on the server, I just mean the company network -
that's where the original author saved them.  I've since started saving on my
hard drive and still have this issue.

"Rob Giordano [MS MVP]" wrote:

> they both are .pub files so maybe you're mixing them up during the saving
> process.
> I can't duplicate your problem with 2003 or 2007.
>
> Why are you saving the pub file to the server?
>

> --
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Rob Giordano
> Microsoft MVP Expression Web
>

> "Angel" <Angel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I am using Publisher 2003.  My file keeps automatically converting to a
> > web
> > publication.  It was created originally as a web publication, and I chose
> > convert to a print publication.  Now every time I open it, it reverts back
> > a web publication.  Short of starting from scratch, I'm left with
> > scratching
> > my head as my only solution...
> >
> > Here's what I've tried:
> > * converting to print publication and saving
> > * converting to print publication and saving with a different file name
> > * converting to print publication and saving with a different file name on
> > my hard drive (instead of the server)
> >
> > Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated!!

I have since re-created the file from scratch, copying and pasting one page
at a time into the new file.  This seems to have solved the issue, but is not
really a fix: if there is an option to convert to a print publication, it
should be a permanent conversion.  If anyone knows of a real fix, I'd be
eager to hear it.

"Angel" wrote:

> I don't think I'm mixing them during the saving process, and if I were then
> saving the print publication with a different name on a different drive
> should eliminate that issue.
>
> When I say saving them on the server, I just mean the company network -
> that's where the original author saved them.  I've since started saving on my
> hard drive and still have this issue.
>
> "Rob Giordano [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
> > they both are .pub files so maybe you're mixing them up during the saving
> > process.
> > I can't duplicate your problem with 2003 or 2007.
> >
> > Why are you saving the pub file to the server?
> >

> > --
> > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> > Rob Giordano
> > Microsoft MVP Expression Web
> >

> > "Angel" <Angel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > I am using Publisher 2003.  My file keeps automatically converting to a
> > > web
> > > publication.  It was created originally as a web publication, and I chose
> > > convert to a print publication.  Now every time I open it, it reverts back
> > > a web publication.  Short of starting from scratch, I'm left with
> > > scratching
> > > my head as my only solution...
> > >
> > > Here's what I've tried:
> > > * converting to print publication and saving
> > > * converting to print publication and saving with a different file name
> > > * converting to print publication and saving with a different file name on
> > > my hard drive (instead of the server)
> > >
> > > Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated!!

are you by chance trying to go back and forth? print>web>print etc? If you
are I would think your bound to get file corruption.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> I have since re-created the file from scratch, copying and pasting one
> page
> at a time into the new file.  This seems to have solved the issue, but is
> not
> really a fix: if there is an option to convert to a print publication, it
> should be a permanent conversion.  If anyone knows of a real fix, I'd be
> eager to hear it.
>
> "Angel" wrote:
>
>> I don't think I'm mixing them during the saving process, and if I were
>> then
>> saving the print publication with a different name on a different drive
>> should eliminate that issue.
>>
>> When I say saving them on the server, I just mean the company network -
>> that's where the original author saved them.  I've since started saving
>> on my
>> hard drive and still have this issue.
>>
>> "Rob Giordano [MS MVP]" wrote:
>>
>> > they both are .pub files so maybe you're mixing them up during the
>> > saving
>> > process.
>> > I can't duplicate your problem with 2003 or 2007.
>> >
>> > Why are you saving the pub file to the server?
>> >

>> > --
>> > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>> > Rob Giordano
>> > Microsoft MVP Expression Web
>> >

>> > "Angel" <Angel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Rob

Can not access Public Folders
I'm currently on Windows 2000 server SP4 with exchange 2000 sp3. When I try to access any of my public folders using the exchange system manager I'm getting the following error: The connection was refused. Ensure that your HTTP Virtual servers are all started and check the the WWW service is running. ID no: c103b401, Exchange System Manager. The two KB articles (319240 & 313721) talk about the Exadmin folder needs to be on port 80, which it is and the other article talks about permissions on specific folders which are correct also. I'm able to access the folders fr...

Oversize Printing with Publisher
I seem to remember that a printer's characteristics set the paper sizes available in the Printer Setup window. If I have an HP 932C is there a way to print 11x17 "sheets" with 2 pages on each side (like using the poster option). Also, does anyone know what printers can print 11x17 sheets ? Thanks. -- Jim B Canine Mover I had a 932 and it could not be coerced into printing an 11" x 17". The printer isn't physically wide enough. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Jim B" <JimB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B8BC...

Publisher 2002
I have a problem with text reflow. A Publisher 2002 document provided by my client appears correct on the screen, but the formatting is changed when it prints out. I have the same problem on a variety of printers, eg: Xerox 2101 and GCC Elite XL 20/1200. Any help you can offer would be appreciated. Thanks! ...

can't print pictures
Hello We have a PC with Windows XP and Office 2000 Professional. We have a newsletter that we have done on there using Publisher. The problem is when we try to print the whole thing it says there is an error. Printing without graphics, it prints all the text. A computer that is networked to this computer can print the file fine. The printer that won't print is Lexmark 1150. Any suggestions would be appreciated. This will be an issue with your printer driver or your network configuration. Go to the website of your printer manufacturer and download and install the latest vers...

Public Folders Missing in Exchange Administrator in 2000
I recently changed our administrator password on our domain, and now I cannot get the public folders under the Administrative Groups -> First Administrative Group -> Folders -> Public folders to appear. The public folders are available via the Servers-ServerName-First Storage group -Public folder store, and I can edit and add email addresses to the public folders here, but I cannot add new folders. Before I changed the password, I was able to access the public folders where I needed to. Changing the password back to the original one seems to have no effect also. How can I get acces...

Printing something in the background
I've created a watermark in the background which displays just fine, but WILL NOT PRINT. Arggggg!! Can anyone help. I've tried everything, and our I/T department is struggling as well Thanks! Laurie B. How about you tell us what version of Windows and Publisher you are using for a start!!! There are no printing issues in any version of Publisher. Your problem will be with your printer driver. -- After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from nwlaurieb <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > I've created a watermark in the backgroun...

Query of Office Spreadsheet (Web Components) in a Access Form
I put the Office Spreadsheet in a form; I accessed the 'Command and Options' button and went to the 'Datasource' tab; I put the database and the query in the fields at the normal process in this tab...; I can manipulate this datasource fields of the spreadsheet using the propery 'connectionstring' on VBA Two questions about it: 1)I cannot put the same database as I'm using, because it says that the database is already opened by another user (in this case, me). I can do it only putting another database. Can I put the active database on the datasource tab of t...

Printing #30
My grandson created a book of poems in microsoft publisher. When he went to copy it, it was broken up into four tiles. We cannot find a way to correct this so the copy will be on just one page. Can you help us? What size stock are you using? Publisher will tile if your printer is not setup for the size paper you are using. Is the book of poems in booklet form? Are you copying one page at a time? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Confused Grandmother" <Confused Grandmother@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C7CF99BD-B251-46CA-9C66-4248829AC5B5@micr...

printing #14
help can't get the scaling to work on print worksheet ...

Line spacing while printing in money
I have money 2000 and just downloaded money 2004's trial version which seems the same. In the print checks option you can only adjust horiz and vertical movement for the entire page. The line spacing between the Payee and the written out dollar amount is very tight. The numerical dollar amount isn't even in line with the written out amount. I am using laser wallet checks with lines. There must be a way to move each line's spacing seperate from each other? thanks Bill ...

Printing totals in a report only
is it possible to print the totals of a report, only? with out the date? Thanks! Yes. Just set the visible property of detail section to no to suppress printing of the section. All the processing will take place, but the section won't print. I do this on several of my reports - the users can choose whether or not to print the details plus the groups and report footer or they can just print the groups and report footer (with the summary). '==================================================== John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2008 Center for Health Program Developm...

Homing Child public folder
Child Public Folder Appears Incorrectly on an Exchange Server. Our root folder is homed in Asia. My impression was when creating a child folder it creates on the server you reside on. It then replicates to the Public Folder then gets Re-homed to what every the parent folder is. This is not happening. Has anybody seen this before? ...

Expression Web Easter Giveaway
Expression Web Easter Giveaway http://www.frontpage-to-expression.com/expression-web-giveaway.html * What prizes do I have a chance to win? First Prize - Microsoft Expression Web 3.0 x 1 Second Prize - Migrating from FrontPage to Expression Web Ebook v2.0 x 2 Third Prize - Expression Web Tips vol l & ll Ebooks x 3 **Special Prize is - SEO Tools for Expression Web 3 OR SEO Toolbar for Expression Web 2 OR SEO Toolbar for Expression Web 1 * When does it start and end? 12th March 2010 - 30th April 2010. * What do I have to do to enter the drawing? Simply download and...

WEB QUERY #7
Hi , I am scrapping a website i want to maintain the query in webquery is that possible ? pls give some example and links. Thanks, Dasbaba You need to give a better explanation and the url involved. >>maintain the query in webquery<< ??? -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Souravmay Das" <souravmd@gmail.com> wrote in message news:2c91f6f2-c1c4-4ce2-a417-e0acaee5ca09@l33g2000pri.googlegroups.com... > Hi , > > I am scrapping a website i want to maintain the query in webquery is > that possible ? pls give so...

painting on web browser control
Hi! Is there a way to override web browsers painting method, or if not overriding is it possible to get an event (or something else) when painting in web browser control is over? I'm using CDHtmlDialog and would like to respond after web browser control in CDHtmlDialog finishes drawing. Thanks in advance Zombi You could set a hook and intercept the WM_PAINT return. joe On Fri, 3 Sep 2004 17:01:32 +0200, "Zombi" <primoz.verhovc@7arc.com> wrote: >Hi! > >Is there a way to override web browsers painting method, or if not >overriding is it possible to ge...

Highlighted text does not print with color
In emails that have highlighted text, the color of the highlight does not print. But, Printing colored text prints correctly. To test this, I sent myself an email. In the open message before sending, I went to Tools > Options. In the View tab's Print and Web layout section, the Background Colors and Images is checked. In the Print tab's Printing Options, Background Printing is checked. In the Include with Document section, Background Colors & Images is also checked. Then I sent the email and opened the received message and tried to print to a colored printer. The text ...

OUTLOOK login and web login
How can I setup the below user authentication in a PC which installed Outlook CRM Laptop Client? Web browser - Prompt for user name and password. Outlook CRM Laptop Client - Automatic Logon. Thank you very much ...

Auditing public calendars
Hi, Is there a was to audit changes made to a public calendar / folder? Would it have to be through a 3rd party util? Company wants an audit log of who makes changes to a public folder. Not system changes, they want to know who is deleting . adding stuff to a public calendar. thanks if you change the view on the calendar to "active appointments", and add the "From" field, you can see who created an item...but I don't believe there's an option to enable logging to the point where you can see who deleted something...how many people have the permissions needed...

inserting a web page into the body of an email
I am working with Outlook 2002 and am trying to send out an email with a page on it. I get these emails all the time and now I can't get one out. Anybody there? Thanks in advance. g ...

Outlook Web Access backup email
Hello, I have a Microsoft Outlook Web Access account. I want to backup my email. How can I do this? Thanks in advance. jleon jleon <jleonmex@netscape.net> wrote: > I have a Microsoft Outlook Web Access account. I want to backup my > email. How can I do this? If you are using Outlook Web Access, then you've view a web interface into the Exchange mailbox and there's nothing on your local machine at all. You don't have to worry about backups because your Exchange administrators are doing that. -- Brian Tillman it's probably not necessary, but if you ne...

While printing Edwardian Script ITC, some letters are dropped.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel The letter &quot;o&quot; is being dropped from the print. Looks fine on the screen and in print preview. <br><br>Is there a way to fix? Or do I just need to choose another font? The first thing I'd suggest is that you make your way to the printer mfr's web site to search for an updated driver. If the character renders on screen but the printer refuses to produce it that's the most likely cause. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 4/12/10 11:44 PM, in arti...

Public folder email addresses
I'm TRYING but failing to enable emails from the outside world to go directly to public folders. It was easy to do in exchange 2000, but so far no dice on my new exchange 2k3 (part of SBS 2k3). I have even tried creating a new distribution group, with the "archive to public folder" and assigning the group an email address. I checked permission and anonymous has contributor rights to the public folder, but I still am not recieving emails to the public folder. Help! Eric Hi Eric, Are you getting a Non-Delivery Report when you send a message to the public folder? If so, ...

crm web part
Hi, I am trying to create a dashboard with SharePoint Portal Server: http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/deploy/integratesharept.mspx which apprenly uses crm web part which is available only for version 3.0 http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=BC9B3526-DECF-4057-A530-91840C0D5401&displaylang=en Can it be used for CRM4 ? I use english as base CRM language though the UI of the CRM is in another language (using lang pack) ...

email replies look like a print screen font style, whats up?
My wifes outlook got messed up. When she goes to reply, all the fonts are small and it looks like the screen that would be inserted into word from a print screen. I am sure she hit a setting by mistake but I cant find a way to fix it. Zoom maybe? Hold Ctrl as you scroll the mouse wheel or change the zoom setting on the toolbar. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsl...

GreatPlains.Interop Question
Can anyone tell me how to bypass the print dialog windows when running an Execute Sanscript? I am voiding out a Historical Payables Transaction and I would like to have the cancel button script run when the Print Dialog is presented. I see that this form has a different product id but I am not quite sure how to specify this within the current script where the rest is the Dynamics product. I know that I can SQL command against the sy02200 before and after my script to prevent the print dialogs from appearing but I would rather keep it fluid and within the interface, not to mention what other...