print spool large files

When we send a print job to our color laser printer, the original job is 67MB
but it gets blown up after we send it to the printer to over 2GB.  This makes
the print job take forever to print the 10 page brochure.  We have tried new
drivers and different printers and we have all service packs installled.
Thanks for any help that you may offer.

Tony
0
tech (12)

How to troubleshoot problems that you may experience when you try to print to a
local printer by using Office programs in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/870622/en-us

Can you add RAM to your printer? Have you looked at the printer settings, might
change how documents are spooled. If your default is RAW try checking EMF.

Are the different printers experiencing the same problem. Graphic intensive
projects can be slow on a laser.

What happens if you print to a PDF, does the file get smaller? Does it take a
shorter time to print on your laser as a PDF?
--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Tech" <Tech@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When we send a print job to our color laser printer, the original job is 67MB
> but it gets blown up after we send it to the printer to over 2GB.  This makes
> the print job take forever to print the 10 page brochure.  We have tried new
> drivers and different printers and we have all service packs installled.
> Thanks for any help that you may offer.
>
> Tony

0
mary-sauer (6480)

Retrieve an External File, pdf, txt, jpeg... etc
I have a generic folder (c:/database/folder/)with a many different files that need to be referenced on a regular basis. The worst part is finding the file that is needed. What I am trying to do is to have the user add on a form the name of the file with the extension (such as .pdf, .doc, .txt, .jpg) where such information is stored. So lets say as an example that we want to retrieve the file name adobe.pdf. Using a form, how can I have a pull the exact file? Again, all files are stored in the same folder and path. Thanks in advanced!! Use the 'standard Windows Fil...

Intelligent Pivot Table with Large Data Sets
Pivot Tables are great with small datasets. Does anyone have suggestions of products that can datasource from a ODBC source and manage large datasets (1M+ rows), visualizing the dat in a crosstab/pivottable format ? Unfortunately the underlying logic in the PivotTable/MSquery link isn' too intelligent in that is always wants to read the whole darn databas table before even presenting a field list. I assume this is due to th abstraction of the data created by sticking MS/Query inbetween th Excel pivot table service and the actual datasource? Seems pretty simply from a conceptual POV: 1. ...

print labels
Can Excel print to an Avery label? If so, how do I do this? Thanks, Andre Not really, use mailmerge with Word http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom http://nwexcelsolutions.com "Andre" <no@spam.com> wrote in message news:OWveirddGHA.3484@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Can Excel print to an Avery label? If so, how do I do this? > > Thanks, Andre > I have my names in Excel going across fname lname street etc. I then open Word and use mail wizard and follow it and give the excel file as its source Works great ...

Convert old PPT file
My company recently upgrade the office 2003 to office 2007. It works well for most of the users except one. He had thousands of old powerpoint slides which created around year 1996,1997. By using right click to check the file properties, it shows the the application name is 'Microsoft Powerpoint 4.0' .These file can be opened by powerpoint 2003 but can not being opened by powerpoint 2007. Does anyone have idea how I can bulk convert those files to powerpoint 2003 format? Thanks James Steve has a macro here http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00740.htm -- john ATSIGN PPTAl...

Viewing MDI files in Office 2008?
How do you view MDI files in Office 2008? I am a new Mac user so please simplify it for me! MDI files can only be viewed in Microsoft Office Document Imaging, and that application is not available on the Macintosh. On 18/02/08 4:18, in article ee8dd44.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Mac_Newbie@officeformac.com" <Mac_Newbie@officeformac.com> wrote: > How do you view MDI files in Office 2008? I am a new Mac user so please > simplify it for me! -- Michel Bintener Microsoft MVP Office:mac (Entourage & Word) *** Please always reply to the newsgroup. *** Additional to...

coverting pub files to jpeg
How do i convert a multipage publisher file to jpeg so i can send to someone via email who does not have publisher? -- I am new to windows xp and am looking for help and guidance. I appreciate your time. Thanks people Convert it to pdf. You can get a free or inexpensive pdf converting program at: Primopdf at www.Primopdf.com it's free or a low cost program, PDF-XChange at; http://www.docu-track.com/ -- Don Vancouver USA "kezaaa" <kezaaa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E8546816-9E55-4BB3-B03F-1D42555F98F6@microsoft.com... > How do i conver...

How to open registry file both ASCII and Unicode versions
Hi, In my program i need to open a windows registry export file (both older ASCII REGEDIT4 and unicode regedit 5 formats) and parse the file for my programs requirements. The project is not and cannot be built as unicode (for other reasons). Once the file is opened I need to parse the file, read keys + values etc... Question is how do i do this? I have used CStdioFile, open as typeBinary and then fgetws(wcBuffer, nMax, importFile.m_pStream) Which works for unicode files, but how do i test whether a file is ASCII or Unicode in the first place? Any help would be much appreaciated, T...

Publisher should allow turning off HYPHENATION for entire file.
I do not want hyphenation on for my entire newsletter. Is there a way I can do that? I have searched and searched and cannot find how to do this. Thank you! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx...

Can Not Send Large Attachment? Maybe? Maybe Not?
When sending large files to Yahoo or other external mailboxes I receive the following error message: #550 5.2.3 RESOLVER.RST.RecipSizeLimit; message too large for this recipient ## My understanding is that this message was rejected by the receiving mailbox - not kicked back from my exchange 2007 server. I'm being told by someone else that is getting kicked by my own exchange server? My understanding is that if it were getting kicked back by my own exchange server because the attachment was too large I would receive: 550 5.3.4 ROUTING.SizeLimit message size exceeds...

Unable to Overwrite Existing Network File
I have been searching in vain for a solution to this problem for quite some time. What happens is that even when running a simple MFC program (i.e. created from the Wizard & run), I cannot overwrite an existing network file. I can create new files on the network without a problem. Also, no other programs installed on my machine have this problem (notpad, Word, etc.). I have checked my network permissions and I have every permission available on the target directory with the exception of "Full Control", "Change Permissions", and "Take Ownership". Does anyo...

Outlook 2003-Cannot delete PST files
I started using trial version of Office Pro 2003. In Outlook, someow I ended up with 3 folders I want to delete at the left column under All Mail Folders. When I try to close them, I get "Operation failed. An object could not be found" message. Similar issue is discussed at KB292022, but it relates to Outlook 2000 and I could not find the key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles\Microsoft Outlook Internet Settings\". I am not sure if I am using IMO or CW. Outlook 2003 does not indicate it at Help-About.... screen. Can anyone h...

Print bcc's on copy of sent message?
If *I* send a message and blind copy someone on it, is there any way to get Outlook to print the bcc recipients? Right now I'm having to handwrite the bcc's on my file copy. Would love it if Outlook would automatically print this. ...

E000000*.log files
I have an awful lot of these files in c:\program files\exchsrvr\mdbdata\ Can I simply delete them? No - Do a full Exchange Aware backup (such as NTBackup) and it will remove them. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm "Hades" <no@spam.ta> wrote in message news:40333f6b$0$7066$ed9e5944@reading.news.pipex.net...

Save file as readonly with password
is there a way for access to export a file to word (.rtf) as a read only file with a built in password to unprotect it? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com ...

Print to a file
My program has some methods that print to a printer OK. But I need to put labels on those files afterwards so it would be better to print them to a file first. The program calls GetPrinterDC() before starting the printing. Is there some update that will permit the user to print to a file? Thanks, E-Jo Hello E-Jo, Glad to see you. Generally speaking, if you want to save and add the information in current dc to a file, you can create a dc from a bmp and blt all informaiton from the src dc to the bmp. I notice you would like to put labels on a file after it is printed. I am afraid I...

Taking Ownership/Deleting Files on NTFS drive
A little background.... I work at a college and we've always redirected our user's desktop and My Documents to another drive letter on the computer (D:). When the next user logs in our login script deletes the directories and recreates them for the new user. We do this so that student's can store files under their profile when exams run. Under XP the D: drive is/was a FAT32 drive and we just used a file system object to delete the files and folders. Under Windows 7 you have to redirect directories to a location that can be indexed which a FAT 32 drive can't b...

Access 2003 file format advange?
We're upgrading our system from Access 2000 to Access 2003. I'm aware that version 2000 databases can be opened in Access 2003 without conversion, and it did, in fact open, but are there any benefits to converting the database to version 2003? Or, are there reasons why our 2000 database should NOT be converted to 2003? It's hard to beleive that it wouldn't matter one way or the other, and think there must be some advantage to converting to a file format of "2003" if we're using Access 2003. Many thanks in advance. On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 12:31:13 -0500, Si...

Epson Stylus NX515 does not print, not even a Test page
I use Windows 7 and the Epson Stylus NX515 is on and the wireless light is also on. But it does not print. The documents are in the queue but do not print. Not even a test page. Here is a link to Epson trouble shooting site. Make sure when you want to print you pick your printer if there is a list of printers. "Ritter197" wrote: > I use Windows 7 and the Epson Stylus NX515 is on and the wireless light is > also on. But it does not print. The documents are in the queue but do not > print. Not even a test page. > > . > http://www.epson.com...

Print Button
On my summary tab, I want to add a print button command that will print the entire work book if the button is pushed. How do I add the print button? Hi, First do the print setup for all the tabs then write a macro to print each tab create a button in summary sheet using toolbox assign the macro to this button Ratheesh ...

Userform
Hi all I have a problem I am using the following code, Private Sub cmdPrint_Click() frmOrders.PrintForm End Sub How is it possible to get the userform to be printed in landscape Thanks in advance Greg Greg, You could throw up a print dialog and allow the user to select landscape (and even the printer if required), and then print after, something like Private Sub cmdPrint_Click() Dim fOK As Boolean Dim sPrinter As String With Application sPrinter = .ActivePrinter fOK= .Dialogs(xlDialogPrinterSetup).Show End With If fOK= Then frmOrders.PrintForm...

Custom print comments in Excel 2007
Hi there There are two ways to print comments in Excel, either the WYSIWYG way (little stacked boxes over the actual worksheet) or as separate pages. Problem with the separate pages way: the comments get printed as Cell: B9 Comment: User name: Comment... Now, the cell number is not necessarly the easiest way to locate a specific cell. My question: would it be possible to replace the cell number with, for example, the content of the cell or the content of the neighboring cell? I'm not an expert in VBA programming, but if someone could point out where I should start to customiz...

Printing: repeating columns on left and RIGHT
I know in File-Page Setup I can specify the columns to repeat at the left of each printed page. For my spreadsheet however, I need to repeat some columns from both the left and RIGHT sides of my spreadsheet on each printed page. Is there a way to do this? ...

Cant open saved files in Publisher Beta2 new version. Any advise
I have tried to open several save files in the new version of Publisher Beta 2, but alas it seems impossible. When clicking on recent files they can't find them and I have to browse for them, but when I find them I get the message cant open the file (s). Somebody having a good advise? Have you installed the beta refresh? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/thankyou.aspx?familyId=B07A3387-01CF-4BC3-821A-0BB10E7A59FA&displayLang=en&oRef=blockedReferrer There are a number of fixes in the refresh. I cannot duplicate your error, Publisher 2007 opens all my files. Do you have Norton...

print spool large files
When we send a print job to our color laser printer, the original job is 67MB but it gets blown up after we send it to the printer to over 2GB. This makes the print job take forever to print the 10 page brochure. We have tried new drivers and different printers and we have all service packs installled. Thanks for any help that you may offer. Tony How to troubleshoot problems that you may experience when you try to print to a local printer by using Office programs in Windows XP http://support.microsoft.com/kb/870622/en-us Can you add RAM to your printer? Have you looked at the printe...

Reading file properties
I've got an install program that I packaged with PackageForTheWeb program. If you go to the properties of the file you have different tabs available showing you information (file versions, company name, etc) that was set during the creation of the package file. Is there a C++ or C api function to access any of this information? Thanks Ray >I've got an install program that I packaged with PackageForTheWeb program. >If you go to the properties of the file you have different tabs available >showing you information (file versions, company name, etc) that was set >d...