Print Screen Key disabled

I am trying to use the print screen key to paste and then
edit some pictures, but the print screen key is
disabled.  Is there another way to do this or a way
around this?

Thanks in advance,
Jill
0
anonymous (74722)

Are you trying to paste into Publisher? Can you paste into Paint?
--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Jill" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to use the print screen key to paste and then
> edit some pictures, but the print screen key is
> disabled.  Is there another way to do this or a way
> around this?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Jill

0
gsauer (5093)
7/6/2004 2:50:23 PM
What are you trying to capture?
What version Windows do you have? Has the key worked in the past? Can you copy/paste?
If you are trying to capture an image from the Internet, empty your cache, in IE,
tools, Internet Options, delete files.

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
> No, I'm unable to paste anywhere, but I was hoping
> Publisher would give me another option even though the
> print screen key is disabled apparently.  I wouldn't even
> have to use Publisher if someone had another idea.
>
> Thanks!

0
gsauer (5093)
7/6/2004 3:44:55 PM
I'm trying to capture them from a CD, it is a jpg.  I
have Windows XP with Office XP and so far I haven't been
able to get anything to work.  When I click on the actual
jpg's on the CD to open them within another application
it says image not available, but they are there in the
software on the CD.

0
anonymous (74722)
7/6/2004 5:16:50 PM
I just found screen capture software on the internet.  Do
you think this would work?

0
anonymous (74722)
7/6/2004 5:42:03 PM
An article
OFFXP: No Message When Office Clipboard Is Full
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290373&Product=offxp
Can you insert the images into Word or Publisher from the insert menu? Right-click an
image on the CD, properties, what application opens the image?

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
> I'm trying to capture them from a CD, it is a jpg.  I
> have Windows XP with Office XP and so far I haven't been
> able to get anything to work.  When I click on the actual
> jpg's on the CD to open them within another application
> it says image not available, but they are there in the
> software on the CD.

0
gsauer (5093)
7/6/2004 5:52:42 PM
Jill you need some *very* basic lessons in Windows.

--

"If you don't know where you are going,
any road will take you there!"

0
brains (331)
7/6/2004 11:31:41 PM
Since you seem to know so much why do you tell me how to
do it "BRAINS."  Because if this CD is opened the print
screen key is disabled and you can't use it for any
application.  There is VB code to do this.  I am a
programmer so I know Windows quite well.

For your information, I did find software that would
allow this to happen.

So, no, I don't need *very* basic lessons.  I had several
programmers take a look at this.  It's much easier
to "assume" it's easy when you don't see it.

Thanks for your "advice" though!

0
anonymous (74722)
7/7/2004 1:22:07 PM
Thanks for all your help, Mary.  I was able to find a way
to do it.  I had already tried inserting from a file into
just about every application.  I ended up finding
software the is called screen captures.  There are
several out there and it worked great!  Now I can bring
the images into any application I would like.

Thanks again for your help!
Jill

0
anonymous (74722)
7/7/2004 1:26:51 PM
Jill,

I hope you are not doing this for hi-res commercial printing.

Mike

Jill wrote:
> Thanks for all your help, Mary.  I was able to find a way
> to do it.  I had already tried inserting from a file into
> just about every application.  I ended up finding
> software the is called screen captures.  There are
> several out there and it worked great!  Now I can bring
> the images into any application I would like.
>
> Thanks again for your help!
> Jill

0
wordwiz (948)
7/7/2004 8:54:53 PM
A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Jill
<anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>!"...
> I'm trying to capture them from a CD, it is a jpg.

Why do you have to take a capture of them - why not just copy the file and
open it?

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

0
the_nerd (6342)

stop end time of appointment from printing
I print out the month view of the calendar for my boss constantly and he carries it with him. How can I prevent the end time of an appointment from printing? He only want to see the start time of his appointments. If it shows in the onscreen calendar, it will print if the cells are wide enough. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: m...

Macro script for setting Print Area
Hi Can someone list the full script i would need for a macro that would highlight all the non blank cells of a worksheet & set that as the print area. I have tried recording my own, basically; highlight Cell A1, Ctrl+Shift Down then Control+Shift Right, but the resulting script is still specific to the cell references of the sheet i used to record on. I do not know how to program it for just all active cells regardless of what they are, from sheet to sheet. Any help gratefully recieved. Cheers jb JB, This: Selection.CurrentRegion.Select Will select the current region providi...

with new print server, excel running slow intermittently
Ever since a new new network print server was put on-line, my Excel intermittently goes very very slow. You have to wait just deleting a line. The tech department states that Excel is on my computer, so this could not be the problem, but it never did it before, and is happening to others in the organization. Any ideas out there? Can you try a test. Add a new printer and tell windows it's on LPT1 (local). (It doesn't have to really exist.) Then see how excel reacts when that's your default printer. If it's still slow, then IT wins. If it's ok, then woohoo, time to ...

BCP import error
I am getting this error during a BCP import, and since the file is not large, I determined that there are 2 rows with the same key, but 1 is in lower case, and the other all upper case. How can I define the column identified as the primary key to be case sensitive? thanks, Dave Assuming your PK column is a VARCHAR or other character data type column, you could try changing the table's and column's collation to a case-sensitive collation and see if that does it for you. Doing that may cause other issues for you. Anywhere that column is used, it would probably need to be ...

Printing Dilema
When printing today's daily calendar all works well, including printing of grouped tasks where they are expended. When printing a daily calendar for any day other than the current day, grouped tasks that are expanded do not print. Irregardless of the settings, it print a collapsed bar, showing the field name I have grouped by. If I ungroup the tasks, and print a daily calendar tasks print fine. In both instances I have print tasks select within the page set up area. I am running WinXP home, and Outlook 2002 SP-2. All updates are current. On another computer running Win2000 ...

How do I print a smaller version of my document in Publisher?
I have a document in Publisher that is 11x17 and I want to print a version of it for approval on my home printer in 8x11. When I try to reduce it in the printer dialog box, it only prints part of the page. There are a couple of ways to do this. I can tell you may favorite way. If you don't have some sort of a .pdf converter on your system, download one. (I tend to recommend PrimoPDF, www.primopdf.com). Open the file as a ..pdf and you can change the size of your print thru the Adobe Reader printer settings. (You may also want to check your printer setting. My HP will allow me to...

printing got numbering blocking
Why when i make preview or printing ,there 'll appear big numbering on my print area,to blocking the page.Is because the software haven't activate or haven't register,please reply me as soon as possible,thank you. ...

Project to print for all
Hey Everyone, We are a small construction company and we would like to send out our schedules made in MS Project to people like subcontractors, customers and others to view. We don't have Adobe Standard installed so I can't save it as a pdf: Is there an alternate that all can view the schedule that we made so that everyone can view it-ready only is perfect. MS 2003. Everyone we are sending it too should have Office installed. Any help is greatly appreciated.. -- Jeff You can get any of several PDF writers such as PDF995, CutePDF etc for free. Then you can print ...

Live Page Orientation on Print Preview Mode(MFC Famework)
I'm using MFC Doc/View framework for print preview. i'm getting that standard print preview window.fine. here, i want to dynamically change the page orientation (into lanscape/portrait based on user's selection). also i want to show the papersize selection response. how can i? regards ashok ...

How do I copy the print settings from one worksheet to another?
Are they in the same workbook? If yes, then select the one you like. Then click on the second tab (to group both). Then File|page setup And Ok your way out. Then ungroup the worksheets (just rightclick on one tab and select ungroup sheets) Then check to see if all the settings you wanted were applied. == If they're in different workbooks, you could move one to the first workbook. Do the work and move it back. mackkaren wrote: -- Dave Peterson Select first sheet then hold CTRL and select next sheet. SHIFT and click to group more than two sheets. Right-click on sheet tab an...

problem with internet printing in Vista Ultimate
I am getting the following error when I do the http://server_name/printers/ command to try and use and connect using internet printing. 403 - Forbidden: Access is denied. You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied. Is there any idea of what it is, and how to correct it. I am trying to connect using Firefox and from a Win 7 machine into the Vista Ultimate machine. Thank you -- Thomas A. Todhunter CISSP; MCT; MCSA; MCP; Security+; Network+; A+; NCT This message is signed by a digital ID to both ensure it'...

Print preview preferences?
I'm running IE 7 on Windows XP. I use Print Preview all the time. The default print size is "Shrink to fit." Is there any way to change the default, say to 100% or any of the other printing options? Thanks, pjs Search for the IEPrint addon. This addon is not compatible with IE8 however. You will have to uninstall it before any OS or IE upgrade. It is not listed in the MS Addons Compatibility list. Like any third-party IE Addon you use it at your own risk. Regards. "pjs" <pjs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6B728CFD...

printing reports = super slow
I have a dilema when it comes to printing. Just wondering if this is normal or of there is anything I can do to increase performance. We have a single mdb shared on our network accessed by a few front end clients on different computers. Only 4 computers accessing the backend at most simulteneously including the one computer hosting it, but usually just about 2. When we print reports it is extremely slow. So slow that the entire access app turns white for long periods of time 10 seconds to a minute. So if I have a stack of orders I need to enter I can do one order one one comp...

How to Disable the Little Auto Fill Dialog
I would like to disable the small auto fill option dialog that appears every time I drag and copy. It just gets in my way. Thank you anyone who can tell me how to get rid of this annoyance. John Scott Could it be... tools|options|Edit tab uncheck the "show paste options buttons" or "show Insert options buttons" JG Scott wrote: > > I would like to disable the small auto fill option dialog that appears > every time I drag and copy. It just gets in my way. Thank you anyone > who can tell me how to get rid of this annoyance. > > John Scott -- Dave...

Adding subform missing composite primary keys
Hi All When I tried to add another subform to an existing subform, the "InvNbr" field is missing from the invoice table. My table structure is as follows: tblVendors VdrID PK Vendor tblOrders VdrID FK OrderNbr PK tblInvoice VdrID PK InvNbr PK OrderNumber FK tblPayments VdrID FK InvNbr FK CheckNbr CheckAmount This is the first time I used multiple fields for my primary keys and I don't know how to get my form to work. Thank you. ...

Contolling print output from Report Manager
Hi, I've setup a simple accounts workbook for someone running a smal business. Each one of 52 sheets representing 52 weeks of the year There are four tables on each sheet each associated with a custom view Each week/sheet has a "Report Manager" set for it to print out the fou custom views for that week. My problem is that because Report Manager circumvents Print Manager there does not appear to be a way to control the way it prints thes four tables out. I would like to set it to print 1 page wide by 4 page tall if possible or even set a percentage on the size of th print-out. ...

Printing what I can see on the screen
On a monthly basis, I need to generate a simple 10 line report from a very large spreadsheet. Using the Subtotals function under the Data menu on the toolbar, I can get the results on screen in about 30 seconds. But how can I either print this out or preferably cut and paste into a Word or email without all of the data. Thanks. Jim ...

Composing and Printing 2 sided 8.5 x 5.5 tent cards
I am attempting to compose tent cards in a 5.5 x 8.5 configuration. Basicall it is 2 half fold cards on 1 sheet. I have a 2 sided printer. Similar to an Avery 3268. Is there a Publisher template for this? ...

Entourage 2004 Printing Forms problem
Only one form works, the first in the list, "Day Runner Classic (5.5 . . .)" for printing Entourage 2004 Tasks or Notes. Even the "Default 8 1/2 x 11" fails to work. The error dialog number is -30876. I'm working with OS 10.3.4 and an Epson Stylus C84 printer, with which I have no other problems. Is this a known bug? If not, which preference has to be trashed, please? It sounds like you might have a corrupt printing form. Delete this folder: /Users/<Your User>/Documents/Microsoft User Data/Printing Forms/ It will be recreated next time you print somethin...

Subform with two keys
Hello I have a problem that is apparently simple but which I struggle to solve. I have the following tables (simplified): Table tblClient Client_id Client_name Table tblContact Contact_id Contact_name Contact_client Table tblMeeting Meeting_id Meeting_client Table tblAttendee Attendee_id Attendee_meeting Attendee_contact So basically I have contacts which are all linked (through a relationship) to a specific client. I also have meetings links to a specific client. And I have attendees, with a double link to 1) the contact 2) the meeting so that I can have an unlimited number of attendee...

Alternative Logon Screen Not Working
I'm trying to log into the Admin account on a Windows XP machine. Normally I would use the CTRL+ALT+DEL to bring up the alternative logon screen. But for some reason on this particular device it is not working. I can hit CTRL+ALT+DEL over and over and over... The need logon screen never appears. So I am unable to log into the machine as Admin. I'm aware I can 'unhide' the Administrator account from the Welcome screen, but I don't want to do this... What would cause the CTRL+ALT+DEL not to bring up the Logon Screen?? -- CaffeineRush --------------------...

Disable item in CListCtrl
Hi, How do I disable a particular item in CListCtrl (report style) ? Any links/ samples would be useful. TIA, SD ...

HELP! Receipt prints Credit Sig every time
I installed the Mercury Payment Systems (TPI Software Version) interface, and the credit card signature receipt prints every time, even for cash transactions. How do I program RMS to print the signature receipt for Credit and eCheck Verfication, but not for anything else? David David, Log into the machine with Administrator rights |SO Manager | Database | Tender Types | uncheck require signature line. You will need to zout each register for the change to take effect. -- * "dh" <dh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0D8D0466-16D6-46A8-885B-397D7D269D5D...

Printing #6
From my checking account page I want to print only a specific range of dates. How do I do that? I'm using Money 2002 OEM Standard edition. Thanks Go to Reports and pick one to Customise. In M2004 the Account Transactions looks like the one you need. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback "MElizabeth" <MElizabeth@comcast.net&g...

return primary key for record after append query
Is there a way to find the primary key for a new record added to a table using an append query in VBA? I need to assign that to a variable so that I can use it an a second append query to a different table. For example: tblCust: CustID (pk), CustName, CustAddress tblOrder: OrderID (pk), CustID (fk), ProdID If I use append query to add CustName and CustAddress to the tblCust table, how do I get the CustID for that record to use in an append query to add records to the tblOrder table? It is possible to query the last key value like this: Function ShowIdentity() As Variant ...