print publication opens as web publication

I have created a print publication in Publisher 2003, but saved it as a
Publisher 2000 file. When I open the file, it automatically converts to a web
publication, causing the lay-out to go all wrong. I convert it back to a
print publication, correct the lay-out  and save it. When I open the file, it
will again convert to a web publication. Why does this happen? I have made
dozens of publications this way, but this is the first time I have this
problem.
Thanks for your help!
Yvette
0
holdout1 (4)

Was this publication ever saved as a print document? Was it converted to a web
page before it was saved the first time out?

Maybe you can copy/paste to a new publication.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"holdout1" <holdout1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have created a print publication in Publisher 2003, but saved it as a
> Publisher 2000 file. When I open the file, it automatically converts to a web
> publication, causing the lay-out to go all wrong. I convert it back to a
> print publication, correct the lay-out  and save it. When I open the file, it
> will again convert to a web publication. Why does this happen? I have made
> dozens of publications this way, but this is the first time I have this
> problem.
> Thanks for your help!
> Yvette

0
mary-sauer (6480)
8/13/2006 2:49:13 PM
The file was never converted to a web publication on purpose, I only use
print publications. But when I opened the file, it had suddenly become a web
publication.

I have already tried the copy/paste-trick: I copied/pasted the bits and
pieces to a new print publication, then saved it as a Publisher 2000 file.
But the same thing happenend!

When I save a file, I cannot choose between print file or web file, just
"Publisher files", "Publisher 2000 files", "Publisher 98 files" etc. I am
guessing that there is some kind of code in the file that makes Publisher
think it is a web publication, but I have no idea where I should look...

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Was this publication ever saved as a print document? Was it converted to a web
> page before it was saved the first time out?
>
> Maybe you can copy/paste to a new publication.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx
>
> "holdout1" <holdout1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have created a print publication in Publisher 2003, but saved it as a
> > Publisher 2000 file. When I open the file, it automatically converts to a web
> > publication, causing the lay-out to go all wrong. I convert it back to a
> > print publication, correct the lay-out  and save it. When I open the file, it
> > will again convert to a web publication. Why does this happen? I have made
> > dozens of publications this way, but this is the first time I have this
> > problem.
> > Thanks for your help!
> > Yvette

0
holdout1 (4)
8/13/2006 3:11:01 PM
I cannot find any help for you.  I was unable to replicate this. Are you pasting
from 2003 to 2000? Can you re-create the Publication in 2000?
You could have a damaged image, corrupt pictures can be troublesome. Open the
Design Checker, see if you can isolate a problem.
Because Publisher 2000 doesn't use file compression it creates large files, much
larger than 2003. WordArt in 2003 is not compatible with the WordArt in 2000.

I suspect by copy/paste, you are copying HTML code rather than plain text.

I will keep looking for a solution.
--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> The file was never converted to a web publication on purpose, I only use
> print publications. But when I opened the file, it had suddenly become a web
> publication.
>
> I have already tried the copy/paste-trick: I copied/pasted the bits and
> pieces to a new print publication, then saved it as a Publisher 2000 file.
> But the same thing happenend!
>
> When I save a file, I cannot choose between print file or web file, just
> "Publisher files", "Publisher 2000 files", "Publisher 98 files" etc. I am
> guessing that there is some kind of code in the file that makes Publisher
> think it is a web publication, but I have no idea where I should look...
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Was this publication ever saved as a print document? Was it converted to a
>> web
>> page before it was saved the first time out?
>>
>> Maybe you can copy/paste to a new publication.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx
>>
>> "holdout1" <holdout1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have created a print publication in Publisher 2003, but saved it as a
>> > Publisher 2000 file. When I open the file, it automatically converts to a
>> > web
>> > publication, causing the lay-out to go all wrong. I convert it back to a
>> > print publication, correct the lay-out  and save it. When I open the file,
>> > it
>> > will again convert to a web publication. Why does this happen? I have made
>> > dozens of publications this way, but this is the first time I have this
>> > problem.
>> > Thanks for your help!
>> > Yvette

0
mary-sauer (6480)
8/13/2006 5:22:30 PM
I am writing in Publisher 2003 and I am saving the files as Publisher 2000
files. This because the company I am writing for does not have the latest
version. I have been doing this for a couple of years, and never had any
problems.

I have checked the design and the images in the publication, there are no
problems there. All images in the publication are saved as .jpg files in a
separate folder, all images in the publication are listed as embedded. I have
replaced all the images in the publication, but the problem still remains.

But when I save the file as a Publisher 2003 file instead of a Publisher
2000 file, it opens as a print publication again. So the problem only exists
when I convert to Publisher 2000. BTW, there is no WordArt in the
publication, just a tables and the jpg-images.

Thanks for trying!
Yvette

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> I cannot find any help for you.  I was unable to replicate this. Are you pasting
> from 2003 to 2000? Can you re-create the Publication in 2000?
> You could have a damaged image, corrupt pictures can be troublesome. Open the
> Design Checker, see if you can isolate a problem.
> Because Publisher 2000 doesn't use file compression it creates large files, much
> larger than 2003. WordArt in 2003 is not compatible with the WordArt in 2000.
>
> I suspect by copy/paste, you are copying HTML code rather than plain text.
>
> I will keep looking for a solution.
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx
>
> "holdout1" <holdout1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > The file was never converted to a web publication on purpose, I only use
> > print publications. But when I opened the file, it had suddenly become a web
> > publication.
> >
> > I have already tried the copy/paste-trick: I copied/pasted the bits and
> > pieces to a new print publication, then saved it as a Publisher 2000 file.
> > But the same thing happenend!
> >
> > When I save a file, I cannot choose between print file or web file, just
> > "Publisher files", "Publisher 2000 files", "Publisher 98 files" etc. I am
> > guessing that there is some kind of code in the file that makes Publisher
> > think it is a web publication, but I have no idea where I should look...
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> Was this publication ever saved as a print document? Was it converted to a
> >> web
> >> page before it was saved the first time out?
> >>
> >> Maybe you can copy/paste to a new publication.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >> http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx
> >>
> >> "holdout1" <holdout1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
holdout1 (4)
8/13/2006 11:09:02 PM
When you copy the 2000 document, what are your choices when you click "paste
special?"

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

>I am writing in Publisher 2003 and I am saving the files as Publisher 2000
> files. This because the company I am writing for does not have the latest
> version. I have been doing this for a couple of years, and never had any
> problems.
>
> I have checked the design and the images in the publication, there are no
> problems there. All images in the publication are saved as .jpg files in a
> separate folder, all images in the publication are listed as embedded. I have
> replaced all the images in the publication, but the problem still remains.
>
> But when I save the file as a Publisher 2003 file instead of a Publisher
> 2000 file, it opens as a print publication again. So the problem only exists
> when I convert to Publisher 2000. BTW, there is no WordArt in the
> publication, just a tables and the jpg-images.
>
> Thanks for trying!
> Yvette
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> I cannot find any help for you.  I was unable to replicate this. Are you
>> pasting
>> from 2003 to 2000? Can you re-create the Publication in 2000?
>> You could have a damaged image, corrupt pictures can be troublesome. Open the
>> Design Checker, see if you can isolate a problem.
>> Because Publisher 2000 doesn't use file compression it creates large files,
>> much
>> larger than 2003. WordArt in 2003 is not compatible with the WordArt in 2000.
>>
>> I suspect by copy/paste, you are copying HTML code rather than plain text.
>>
>> I will keep looking for a solution.
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx
>>
>> "holdout1" <holdout1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > The file was never converted to a web publication on purpose, I only use
>> > print publications. But when I opened the file, it had suddenly become a
>> > web
>> > publication.
>> >
>> > I have already tried the copy/paste-trick: I copied/pasted the bits and
>> > pieces to a new print publication, then saved it as a Publisher 2000 file.
>> > But the same thing happenend!
>> >
>> > When I save a file, I cannot choose between print file or web file, just
>> > "Publisher files", "Publisher 2000 files", "Publisher 98 files" etc. I am
>> > guessing that there is some kind of code in the file that makes Publisher
>> > think it is a web publication, but I have no idea where I should look...

0
mary-sauer (6480)
8/14/2006 8:17:00 AM
That depends on waht I copy & paste: for text I can choose between text
without layout, new table, new text box, text with layout. (I don;t know if
these terms are correct, I am using the Dutch language version). For images I
can choose between image (Windows Meta File), Publisher object, GIF, PNG,
JPG/JFIF, image (enhanced meta file), bitmap.

When I copied the bits and pieces of the Publisher 2000 file to a new
publication, I did not know what to choose so I just used copy & simple
paste. But the thing is: every new publication I start is a Publisher 2003
file. I can save a Publisher 2003 print publication and open it again as a
print publication. As soon as I save the file as a Publisher 2000 file. it
will convert to a web publication as soon as I open it.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> When you copy the 2000 document, what are your choices when you click "paste
> special?"
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx
>
> "holdout1" <holdout1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am writing in Publisher 2003 and I am saving the files as Publisher 2000
> > files. This because the company I am writing for does not have the latest
> > version. I have been doing this for a couple of years, and never had any
> > problems.
> >
> > I have checked the design and the images in the publication, there are no
> > problems there. All images in the publication are saved as .jpg files in a
> > separate folder, all images in the publication are listed as embedded. I have
> > replaced all the images in the publication, but the problem still remains.
> >
> > But when I save the file as a Publisher 2003 file instead of a Publisher
> > 2000 file, it opens as a print publication again. So the problem only exists
> > when I convert to Publisher 2000. BTW, there is no WordArt in the
> > publication, just a tables and the jpg-images.
> >
> > Thanks for trying!
> > Yvette
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> I cannot find any help for you.  I was unable to replicate this. Are you
> >> pasting
> >> from 2003 to 2000? Can you re-create the Publication in 2000?
> >> You could have a damaged image, corrupt pictures can be troublesome. Open the
> >> Design Checker, see if you can isolate a problem.
> >> Because Publisher 2000 doesn't use file compression it creates large files,
> >> much
> >> larger than 2003. WordArt in 2003 is not compatible with the WordArt in 2000.
> >>
> >> I suspect by copy/paste, you are copying HTML code rather than plain text.
> >>
> >> I will keep looking for a solution.
> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >> http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx
> >>
> >> "holdout1" <holdout1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
holdout1 (4)

Public information store
Exchange 2K-Under the Properties for a new public folder I have created, the Directory Rights tab is grayed out. Any input would be appreciated -- Joe M On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 12:01:03 -0700, "Joe M" <JoeM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Exchange 2K-Under the Properties for a new public folder I have created, the >Directory Rights tab is grayed out. > >Any input would be appreciated Its grayed out until you mail-enable it. ...

How can I print just the flip side of a booklet?
How can I print just the flip side of a booklet? I printed the first side just fine and then my computer went funny and I had to shut down and start back up again. I have 25 copies of the first side that need to be printed on the back side. Pub 2000 user here: There may be a better way but I think you will have to print a page at a time i.e., File, Print Page 2 of 2; then 3 of 3 and so on. -- Don Vancouver, USA "pqc18" <pqc18@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:92653E8D-9772-4AE0-A9C3-514B363E72B2@microsoft.com... > How can I print just the flip side ...

SharePoint (WSS) 2007 / Outlook 2007 - Alert
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00AD_01C70E47.83B45950 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable We have setup a SharePoint Server (WSS) 2007 and are using the alerting = functionality. After we changes stuff on WSS, an alert message is generated and sent to = an email account. This e-mail account is hosted on an Exchange 2003 server. When using Outlook 2007 to open the e-mail, we get: Cannot open this item. Wenn using OWA the e-mail can be opene fine. Does somehow have an explanation for th...

Re-print SVC RTV Packing Slips
Please add to the Reports Menu the ability to Reprint a RTV packing slip. -- Steve Laurenzano K-Rain Mfg ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=107decaa-6e0a-4bc...

disable Review toolbar which came up automatically when opening a.
How can I disable the Review Toolbar which comes up automatically when opening a file? In the Workbook VBA actions. The top left hand corner there is an Excel logo, not the one in th blue program bar, but in the menu bar. Right Click and select "View Code" There will be two drop down boxes one that will probably say General if this has never been entered previously. Change the box on the right to Workbook. Then Change the right hand box to "Activate" Insert the following code Application.CommandBars("Reviewing").Visible = False exit the VBA screen and t...

"the wizard is unable to open your query in datasheet mode, possi
"the wizard is unable to open your query in datasheet mode, possibly because another user has a source table open in exclusive mode. your query will be opened in design view" what this message mean ,and how can i solve it Hi - Please provide more details as to what you are doing when you get the error, what your database setup is (i.e. split Fe/BE?, multiuser?, version? etc). Without more information, we can only guess. Thanks - John amr wrote: >"the wizard is unable to open your query in datasheet mode, possibly because >another user has a ...

web slices
This seems like a good idea, but I have yet to find a web site, product or anything else that provides access to a web slice. Much to do about nothing. Great ad gimmick for IE8, but I have found it elusive. Hi Herb, "Herb Mann" <HerbMann@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht news:D2F639B0-08A5-4101-9383-A70F6971FBE4@microsoft.com... > This seems like a good idea, but I have yet to find a web site, product or > anything else that provides access to a web slice. Much to do about > nothing. > Great ad gimmick for IE8, but I have found it elusive...

Filling Web Form
Dear freinds Hello, I have written code in vc++ using MFC to fill the Webform using HTTP post method and I'm able to fill the form but I'm facing a problem that I'm unable to fill login name and password. So any one amongst you have any Idea or help then please help me With Regards Sachin ...

Public folders #9
I'm looking for a tool or a methode that can write all the properties of the public folders to a file Now I'm doing ik manual, but it isn time-consuming Can anyone help m thanks "cisca" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm looking for a tool or a methode that can write all the properties of the public folders to a file. >Now I'm doing ik manual, but it isn time-consuming. >Can anyone help me PFADMIN or PFINFO can do this. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm ...

Excel 2000 vs. Excel 2002

Mail Merge Printing collated
When I print a mail merge (I don't use it for mailings and envelopes), Publisher prints out the first 5 records as an individual document then the next 5 as a seperate document, and so forth. Since I often need to make multiple copies of these documents, I end up having to collate them by hand. How can I get Publisher to print the entire merge as one document before printing the second, third, copy? I believe when I had P'03 it would print that way, but when I upgraded to '07 this problem started. You can't... Maybe later with a service pack these printing bugs will b...

Opening .prn files in XL2000

MS Excel Print setup
Hi, When i save a document by using landscape setting,& by opening again that document it does'nt show saved setting. It shows portrait option,not landscpe option. Piyush ...

Chart printing issue in Excel 2007

Trying to open the current db in Access 2010 through Access Basic
I haven't programmed in Access Basic in quite a long time. Through Access Basic coding, I use to be able to open the current database and then open a table and walk through each record. Now I can't even open the database. Does anybody have an example of how to do the following: 1) Open Workspace 2) Open Current Database (assume name is unknown during run time 3) Open specific table 4) Step through each record and access the fields George C. Derkacs <George C. Derkacs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I haven't programmed in Access Basic in quite a lon...

Link to Page when saving to web
Hi, I have some drawings that have several shapes with "Go to page on double-click" behavior. How can I keep this functionality when saving as a web page? Thanks ...

Duplicate Public folders
I am struggling to get all my public folders replicated on both of my servers. The Status seems to be either "local Modified" or "both modified" I then discovered that MOST of my public folders viewed when I clicked on "View System Folders" did not have a listed replica on the other server. So I added a replica for each System Folder. Now I seem to have duplicates of some of these folder listed in the Public folders list of one of my servers. Can someone tell me where I can find a lits of folders that _should_ be replicated and which should not? Many tha...

How do I print a SINGLE POSTCARD on 5.5x4.25in stock?
I have a preprinted postcard that is 5.5" x 4.25". A standard postcard. I cannot for the life of me to get Publisher to print on this cardstock!! It keeps thinking the page is "LETTER 8.5x11". I have NO problems getting 4 cards (multiple addresses) to print on one page. But now I have the cards pre-printed and just want to mail-merge an address list onto them. How do I set this up? Because apparently, using the post card template of 5.5x4.25 (or even the 6x4) doesn't do it!!!!! Thanks for any insight. Jeff Jeff, File, PRINT SETUP Here select your stock si...

Visio Printing Problem
I am trying to print a flowchart. The print view displays the complet flowchart. However, when I print the flowchart, the top half of th flowchart is omitted and the bottom half prints. Any problem solvin recommendations would be appreciated -- jqsandma ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jqsandman's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=661 View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=136719 Posted from - http://www.officehelp.i this usually ends up as being "apply available software patches to visio" or &quo...

Help
Hi... I tried to work on Word today for first time on newish Mac and realized none of my Office applications work. When I double click on Word I can see something happening as I get the circle of colours twirling, but half an hour later it still hadn't opened. I just have to do this as quickly as possible as I have a deadline for what I have to do Monday at 12. I've tried reinstalling the software, but that didn't do anything for me. Mind you I know absolutely nothing about installing anything on Mac computers so I could be doing it all wrong. Do any of you have any idea what c...

Object error when trying to print custom reports
I am getting an [object error] message when trying to print custom reports or modified versions of canned reports. They display just fine within CRM, we just can't print them. I have already tried deleting the ActiveX to force a reload and manually reinstalling it using http://crmserver/viewer/activexviewer/en/npviewer.exe with no luck. This is occuring on systems regardless of whether Crystal Designer is loaded. Any ideas? Open the reports in Crystal that you are having problems with and make sure that the "Save data with reports" option is not checked. (In Crystal...

I have individual place cards I want to print can anyone advise m
I am helping friends print their wedding place cards, they have been given the individual cards from the place where they are having the wedding, but we cannot get them to line up What are the size of the place cards? Are there more than one card on the page? Are you merging information? What version Publisher are you using? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Pauline" <Pauline@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:77E3682B-3926-410B-8012-2907CF63F37A@microsoft.com... >I am helping friend...