Print Preview only shows in Grey Scale

Hi There,

I just got finished creating my letter head in MS
Publisher 2003 and when I went to preview it using Print
Preview it only shows in Grey Scale.  How do I view it in
color?

Thanks!
0
anonymous (74722)

Does it print in color? Do your other publications show color in print preview? What
version Publisher?

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Jeff" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi There,
>
> I just got finished creating my letter head in MS
> Publisher 2003 and when I went to preview it using Print
> Preview it only shows in Grey Scale.  How do I view it in
> color?
>
> Thanks!

0
laserdog (1122)
5/1/2004 8:46:44 AM
The default printer you have selected is a B&W printer only.
To preview your publication in colour, will require you to add a colour
printer driver and have that set as the default printer.

Mary he/she/it says 'Publisher 2003'.

--

"If you don't know where you are going,
any road will take you there!"

0
donotknock (1941)
5/1/2004 9:42:14 AM
You know David, even with a black/white default printer the Publisher preview still
shows in color (At least mine does). It doesn't in many other applications however.
I'm not too keen this morning.

Maybe the person needs an updated driver.

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"���MS�Publisher���" <donotknock@nobodyhome.com> wrote in message
> The default printer you have selected is a B&W printer only.
> To preview your publication in colour, will require you to add a colour
> printer driver and have that set as the default printer.
>
> Mary he/she/it says 'Publisher 2003'.
>
> --
>
> "If you don't know where you are going,
> any road will take you there!"

0
laserdog (1122)
5/1/2004 11:03:27 AM
Mary if I have my mono laser printer selected, B&W preview.
If I change to the Canon colour printer or Adobe PDF I get a colour preview.
Has always been like that.
Different printer drivers must interact with the Publisher system
differently and that is why perhaps you are seeing colour.
--

"If you don't know where you are going,
any road will take you there!"

0
donotknock (1941)
5/1/2004 11:37:26 AM
Thanks for the help!  I'll update my printer driver and
if that doesn't do it I'll add a color printer.  The
application should allow you to view your work in color
regardless of what kind of printer you have connected.
Go figure!  Thanks again.

Jeff

0
anonymous (74722)
5/1/2004 3:01:28 PM
A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Jeff
<anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>!"...
> The
> application should allow you to view your work in color
> regardless of what kind of printer you have connected.

Erm... Publisher *does* you allow you to view your work in colour when
you're editing.
It's only in Print Preview mode that the type of printer affects the
publication - that's because Publisher is showing you what your document
will look like when it's printed, and it knows that it won't give you colour
output on a black and white printer.
BTW, it doesn't matter what type of printer you have connected, only the
type of printer you have specified in File > Page Setup > Printer and Paper.
So you could install the drivers for a colour printer that you don't have,
and select those to see a print preview in colour

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

0
the_nerd (6344)

DoNot Print selected cell
I used conditional formating to not print an area formula is =$B$9:$C$9="1" also used =$B$9:$C$9="x" font and pattern formats are set to white. Followed these guides: http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat03.html#Print I do not want to print cells B9 and C9 Slim Hi what problem did you exactly have following the instructions on both sites? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany SlimPickins wrote: > I used conditional formating to not print an area > formula is =$B$9:$C$9="1" > also used =$B$9:$C$9="x&quo...

Images Aren't Showing Up
Even though I have selected detailed display, images including photos and clipart are not showing up when I am editing the page or on print preview. The only show up on my printouts. Read the third FAQ here http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "km" <km@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:712FFE2B-A5AC-4A00-8F0F-5E3CF07F009C@microsoft.com... > Even though I have selected detailed...

Printing labels from excel #3
Can I print labels from excel? If I can is it possible to merge address I have on a word doc to excel? I have 16 pages of labels that I want to put into excel so that I can use the filter and send out to just a certain city and so on. I also want to have the addresses in excel so I can sort. Can anyone help me? They need to be in a specific layout. What is their layout now, Linda? See if this helps: http://www.gmayor.com/convert_labels_into_mail_merge.htm ************ Anne Troy VBA Project Manager www.OfficeArticles.com "Linda" <Linda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

Moviemaker
In building a simple slideshow with music, one photo from My Pictures carried its filename into the project as a title. Any way to remove? -- Karen T. Home User Not a Media Center related question, repost to a more appropriate group such as one of the movie maker groups. -- -- "Karen T." <KarenT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0380F6E9-337A-4C02-ACF8-553F21EA361D@microsoft.com... > In building a simple slideshow with music, one photo from My Pictures > carried > its filename into the project as a title. Any way to remove? &...

sheet layout & printing
Excel 2002 (10.4302.4219) SP-2, Win 2000. 2 questions that are about the same thing: How can I print 2 worksheets in the same workbook on a single piece of paper? Can I divide a single worksheet into sections such that rows 1-25 have columns with variable column widths and the same columns on rows 26-50 in the same sheet have different column widths? This would be a wonderful thing and make many sheets so much easier to read and use. Thanks for all good ideas. Try this this Tom http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#non-contiguous No for your second question -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win X...

POS Sales Receipt printing extra lines!
Hi When we print a receipt from our register it is printing extra blank lines and making the receipt about a foot long when it should only be about 4/5 inches. I can't see anything in the receipt settings that might be causing this and I have replaced the printer so it's not that, any suggestions? -- Jenny How is the printer setup? windows printer? opos printer? "jennydat" wrote: > Hi > > When we print a receipt from our register it is printing extra blank lines > and making the receipt about a foot long when it should only be about 4/5 > inches. ...

Print Restriction
Is it possible to 'print restrict' as well aas 'copy restrict' an XLS file? You can try, but almost every suggestion I've seen relies on macros. And macros can be disabled (and events can be disabled) and that will allow your file to be copied and printed. The answer is that if you don't want it copyied/printed, then don't use excel. anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > > Is it possible to 'print restrict' as well aas 'copy > restrict' an XLS file? -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com Copyied is the way past tense of copy. (...

Printing lg. publication using Pub. 2003 & an HP Bus. Inkjet 2800d
I'm trying to create a 100 pg. publication, w/mixed material. The printer is new and has printed a 24 pg. document with the same type of material, but when I que it to print this new document it prints 4 pgs. & starts giving me errors of various kinds. Hp is no help what so ever. How can I fix this? gypfuz wrote: > I'm trying to create a 100 pg. publication, w/mixed material. The printer is > new and has printed a 24 pg. document with the same type of material, but > when I que it to print this new document it prints 4 pgs. & starts giving me > errors of va...

Printing Outlook Column Width
I'm using Outlook 2000. How do you adjust the column widths when printing the task view? The task view widths on the screen do not match the printer view or the printout ...

Print statements in Originating Currency #2
Hi, Is there a way to print statements in the originating currency right from GP?. There is a thread here that explains how to do it if you are using Crystal Reports to print statements but we don't do that. Thanks Hi Tara, In the window where you setup your statement criteria, in the Form field, choose either the Multicurrency Blank or Multicurrency Long options. I hope this helps, Eleni "Tara edmoffice" wrote: > Hi, > > Is there a way to print statements in the originating currency right from > GP?. There is a thread here that explains how to do it if ...

Deleted Case, time allocation still showing in Contract line
Hi I have deleted a Case and the Time Allocation is still showing in the Contract line. How can I remove/update the Contract Lines, Allotments Used field Many thanks Martin ...

print multipage
Parfois le print d'un document s'arrete a la premiere page, il faut demander l impression des pages suivantes page par page parfois le print fonctionne de la premeire page a la derniere sans pb. le m_bContinuePrinting est pourtant positionn� sur FALSE par le print des la detection de la derniere page. Si ce n est pas la derni�re page, il est positionn� sur TRUE. En fin de Print, le positionnement est effcetu� ainsi : if( pInfo->m_nCurPage==GetNbPage() ){ // derniere page? pInfo->m_bContinuePrinting=FALSE;// OUI PrintMerciBonneRoute(pDC, p...

envelope and label dialog box is greyed out unable to select
I just completed tying andprinting a label, I went back to Outlook to add another label and the envelope and labels tab is gryed out now. I did select Rich Text and still no success. To what are you trying to add another label? There is no 'rich text' option associated with the Word envelope/label tool. In order to investigate this issue you need to describe exactly the steps you have taken to create the labels in which Word version. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Gra...

Embedded Chart does not appear on print preview
Please help! I have a worksheet with an embedded chart in it. The chart background is coloured blue and the pie chart within it is multi coloured. When I click on print preview I can see the worksheet with a blue box where the chart is but the multi-coloured pie chart has disappeared. So it is like the chart background is there but not the chart itself. Can anyone explain this? Kind regards & TIA Stuart :-) Select the chart, from Format menu, choose Selected Chart Area. On Properties tab, check the Print Object checkbox. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Tec...

MSN Mail can not be displayed in preview pane in Outlook?
Lately my MSN email address that I read in Outlook XP download the headers but does not download the email message. I see the message in Outlook that states "This item cannot be displayed in the preview pane. The item is currently being downloaded from the server." I use to see this very seldom, now the past few days it has been constant. What is wrong? I can log into the account through the web and everything works fine? If you have the account set to download headers only you will see that problem. -- Install the latest IE cumulative patch for protection against QHost: ht...

Printing all contacts memo style consectively vs separate pages
I would like to print my contact file with all notes. It looks like I have to use memo style, however each contact then prints on a separate page. If I use medium booklet style, I don't get full notes printed. I have had not success in doing a custom style either. Any suggestions on how to print in booklet style with full notes printed for each contact. ...

print area printing problem
Hi: I am attempting to print a number of seperate columns which are all seperated by columns i don't want to print. When i select the columns(using the control button) and attempt to print the selection, each of the selected columns print on their own seperate page. How can I get them to print next to each other on the same page? Thank you. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ "koki" <koki.yuhfy@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:koki.yuhfy@excelforum-nospam.com... > Hi: > > I am attempting to print a number of seperate columns which...

duplex print head to head in landscape, current is head to foot
I have a 2 page doc that is 2 columns each side landscape. I need to duplex print it head to head so that it can read correctly when turned over side to side. It is currently printing head to foot You need to review your printer settings. It's not a Word function. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "spyder 9962" <spyder 9962@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15439535-FB4E-4BE7-8FA5-302761FD2135@microsoft.com... >I have a 2 page doc that is 2 columns each side l...

print area multiple sheets
I'm trying to print multiple areas of a large spreadsheet into logical "chunks." In principle, this works when I go into Page Setup/Sheet/Print Area. I input the ranges to print followed by a comma. The problem I'm having is that I cannot get this feature to work consistently. For some combinations this feature works as expected, but in other cases, it seems to override my inputs. I checked to make sure that the print area I selected was smaller than the theoretical limit for the page settings, so that's not the trouble. Anyone else have this trouble? Thanks, jay ...

objects move when i print
when i print some of my documents on publisher. they move slightly after i hit print ...

Print detail of transaction on hold in RMS-POS?
Is it possible to print out a detail 'receipt' of items in an 'on-hold' transaction? We are trying to duplicate arestaurant procedure in which we would present a 'bill', but the customer could still add items to the total before tendering. I know I can ring up the initial items and putthe transaction on hold, but can I get a print-out of that before the tender? -- WineGuy I think work order would probably work better for that. Craig "PRJ" <PRJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80809F8E-B234-4052-B18F-EFAE3C6F52E4@microsoft.com.....

Blank/Grey Workbook Display
I can only view a workbook when I click on Fullscreen under the View dropdown menu. Otherwise, all I get is a blank display. I can move around the worksheet and the cell contents in the formula bar changes, but nothing is displayed until I click on Fullscreen. I am using Excel 2003, if that helps. Any help with this would be much appreciated. Go to Window-Arrange, and hit OK. **** Hope it helps! **** ~Dreamboat Excel VBA Certification Coming Soon! www.VBAExpress.com/training/ ******************************** "Frank Brower" <Frank Brower@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

Printing check Register #2
Does any one know how to print the register. I try to print it but only get dollar values not dates or payee. I am an old Quicken user and it allowed you to print the entire register just like it appeared. ...

Charts for printing
Hi all, I am new to Excel and using 2004 (Mac) version it to create graphs for printing in magazines and newspapers. Currently I save a graph in png and convert it to eps so that it could be used for printing. The problem is that charts lose their shine and appear blury in publication � unlike charts made in Illustrator and Freehand. 1: Is there any proper solution to save a chart and use it in a way so that it does not blur after printing? 2: Can an Excel graph really compete with graphs made in Illustrator or Freehand when it comes to clearlity crispness? 3: Is there any other program ...

Cannot preview email: Permission Denied
I have never seen this problem before. A user is trying to open email and she gets this message in her preview pane: "this message with restricted permission cannot be viewed in the reading pane until you verifiy your credentials. Open the item to read its contents and verify your creditials" The user is not allowed to open the email. The user can click on other email as to which she gets the same denied msg. the denied msg pops up on random email. But if she clicks around to 2 or 3 other emails, then goes back to it, then she is able to view it. There are no viewing restrict...