Print Preview does not work

I am running Windows XP Pro and Publisher 2003.  Today I had to install a new
printer driver.  Having done that, I cannot use Print Preview.  It does not
detect the presence of a printer.  Yet I am able to print from other
programs.  Print Preview works in Word.  Why not in Publisher?

This is definitely a printer issue, not a Publisher issue.  Did you completely
remove the old driver before installing the new?

It is always wise to completely remove a driver before installing/reinstalling

How to clean up printer drivers.

Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"harlemnocturn" <harlemnocturn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am running Windows XP Pro and Publisher 2003.  Today I had to install a new
> printer driver.  Having done that, I cannot use Print Preview.  It does not
> detect the presence of a printer.  Yet I am able to print from other
> programs.  Print Preview works in Word.  Why not in Publisher?

0
mary-sauer (6480)
1/15/2008 11:21:28 AM
Ms. Sauer

Thank you; but, the printer was a replacement under an extended warranty,
having arrived yesterday.  The same driver should have worked, but didn't.  I
used a utility download from the manufacturer.  The Print command did not
work in Publisher either.  I am now awaiting a telephone call from the
vendor.  Meanwhile, I will not send back the old printer until the new one is
fully functional.

Louis

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> This is definitely a printer issue, not a Publisher issue.  Did you completely
> remove the old driver before installing the new?
>
> It is always wise to completely remove a driver before installing/reinstalling
>
> How to clean up printer drivers.
> http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/CleanPrinterDrivers.htm
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "harlemnocturn" <harlemnocturn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am running Windows XP Pro and Publisher 2003.  Today I had to install a new
> > printer driver.  Having done that, I cannot use Print Preview.  It does not
> > detect the presence of a printer.  Yet I am able to print from other
> > programs.  Print Preview works in Word.  Why not in Publisher?

Ms. Sauer

I just posted another problem this replacement printer caused in the Word
forum.  This thread can be cross referenced as well.

Louis

"harlemnocturn" wrote:

> Ms. Sauer
>
> Thank you; but, the printer was a replacement under an extended warranty,
> having arrived yesterday.  The same driver should have worked, but didn't.  I
> used a utility download from the manufacturer.  The Print command did not
> work in Publisher either.  I am now awaiting a telephone call from the
> vendor.  Meanwhile, I will not send back the old printer until the new one is
> fully functional.
>
> Louis
>

> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
> > This is definitely a printer issue, not a Publisher issue.  Did you completely
> > remove the old driver before installing the new?
> >
> > It is always wise to completely remove a driver before installing/reinstalling
> >
> > How to clean up printer drivers.
> > http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/CleanPrinterDrivers.htm
> >
> > --
> > Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> > http://office.microsoft.com/
> > http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >
> > "harlemnocturn" <harlemnocturn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I am running Windows XP Pro and Publisher 2003.  Today I had to install a new
> > > printer driver.  Having done that, I cannot use Print Preview.  It does not
> > > detect the presence of a printer.  Yet I am able to print from other
> > > programs.  Print Preview works in Word.  Why not in Publisher?

Ms. Sauer

Last Wednesday I resolved the problem with the help of the printer
manufacturer.  I don't know why it didn't work for me, but a shut down and
restart fixed it.  Thanks.  You can close the thread.  I will print the page
for future reference.

Louis

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> This is definitely a printer issue, not a Publisher issue.  Did you completely
> remove the old driver before installing the new?
>
> It is always wise to completely remove a driver before installing/reinstalling
>
> How to clean up printer drivers.
> http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/CleanPrinterDrivers.htm
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "harlemnocturn" <harlemnocturn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am running Windows XP Pro and Publisher 2003.  Today I had to install a new
> > printer driver.  Having done that, I cannot use Print Preview.  It does not
> > detect the presence of a printer.  Yet I am able to print from other
> > programs.  Print Preview works in Word.  Why not in Publisher?

Hey Louis, Glad all is working. Some printer manufacturer's are really good
about getting their printers up and running. Thanks for your feedback, it is
appreciated.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> Ms. Sauer
>
> Last Wednesday I resolved the problem with the help of the printer
> manufacturer.  I don't know why it didn't work for me, but a shut down and
> restart fixed it.  Thanks.  You can close the thread.  I will print the page
> for future reference.
>
> Louis
>

> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> This is definitely a printer issue, not a Publisher issue.  Did you
>> completely
>> remove the old driver before installing the new?
>>
>> It is always wise to completely remove a driver before
>> installing/reinstalling
>>
>> How to clean up printer drivers.
>> http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/CleanPrinterDrivers.htm
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "harlemnocturn" <harlemnocturn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am running Windows XP Pro and Publisher 2003.  Today I had to install a
>> >new
>> > printer driver.  Having done that, I cannot use Print Preview.  It does not
>> > detect the presence of a printer.  Yet I am able to print from other
>> > programs.  Print Preview works in Word.  Why not in Publisher?

0
mary-sauer (6480)

Printing to Adobe
I get a runtime error everytime I print an invoice to Adobe 6.0. What's the deal? The invoice prints to the adobe distiller and creates the PDF. However MS Money crashes, sometimes it restarts itself to the sign on location other times, it just closes. Is there a fix? Below is error I get: Program: msmoney.exe R6025 - pure virtual function call I am using: MS Money 2006 Small Business version 15.0.150.513 In microsoft.public.money, Caddant wrote: >I get a runtime error everytime I print an invoice to Adobe 6.0. What's the >deal? The invoice prints to the adobe distiller an...

Embedded Excel file gridlines printing #2
I have an embedded Excel file in word and when I go to print, it i printing with the gridlines. In excel I have the gridlines turned of and it is still not working. HELP! Thank -- tanyhar ----------------------------------------------------------------------- tanyhart's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3514 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=55105 Open the Excel file in the Word document and turn off the gridlines. I it's still a problem, open the Excel file in the Word document an change the gridline colo...

4 Day Work Week in a formula
I've got a project, that is scheduled out as Project Day 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 etc. I want to write a formula that will add a column showing the calender date that corresponds to each of these, once I key in a start date. They'll all reference that start date. That, I can do. What is going to give me fits, is that we are on a 4 day work week. SO, Project Day 5, is calendar day 8, 6=9, 7=10, 8=11. Then, project Day 9=15, 10=16 and so forth. Now, I used to use a formula calculated a time difference, based on an 8 hour day and work week. I could calculate the business ho...

Printing Contents of UserForm
Hello: I have a userform in Excel. I have set up a print command button that works using Userform.printform but it only prints part of the 1st page. I'm ok to find a solution to make one page print at a time but I at least need the entire page to print. The form is too long and has a scrollbar to allow users to see the whole thing on screen. If it helps any, the user form contains a multipage control which houses the form data. Thanks! I would create a temporary worksheet for printing the data. The macro you created can copy all the data to a worksheet then print the...

Symbol not appear when print
When I print, the symbol theta doesn't appear however is displayed on print preview and the worksheet. Do I need to change a setting somewhere? ...

Print Preview?
I am trying to do a newsletter in publisher. so far i have a total of 4 pages. When i am on the first page and go to print preview it shows 4 seperate sheets. How do i get my story off of that and just have it on one single page? i have figured it out! no need for any help "jessica" wrote: > I am trying to do a newsletter in publisher. so far i have a total of 4 > pages. When i am on the first page and go to print preview it shows 4 > seperate sheets. How do i get my story off of that and just have it on one > single page? ...

Windows update does not work 01-21-10
I have windows vists 64 on my laptop and when it tries to do an automatic update the updates will not take and if I go to the windows update site it says administrator only. Well I am the only one who uses this pc and I checked my settings account as the administrator and it still will not work-- chilid http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306525 "chilid856" wrote: > I have windows vists 64 on my laptop and when it tries to do an automatic > update > the updates will not take and if I go to the windows update site it says > administrator only. Well I...

printing 06-05-10
In microsoft word when I click on file in the tool bar and click print it will print fast but when I click the print icon on the tool bar it prints slow. How can I set the icon to print fast always? ...

Customer charge Accounts don't work.
We just upgraded from Quicksell 2000 and everything transfered great. The charge accounts transfered but we can not add new charges to them. The error we get is "the charge has no slip receipt". Can't figure out how to set that up to create charges. Can anybody lend a hand. Beaver, Are you trying to use a QS2K receipt template? If so, try an RMS one. I'm assuming you have created an Account type for your charge customers and a Payment type for charge accounts. As a test, create a new customer, Account tab, change the Account type to your charge account, give ...

print #2
I'm using a macro I found to have a window to select which sheets t print. problem is that it always prints the last sheet even if it i not selected. I can't figure out an easy way around it maybe one o yall can. Here is the code. Option Explicit Sub SelectSheets() Dim i As Integer Dim TopPos As Integer Dim SheetCount As Integer Dim PrintDlg As DialogSheet Dim CurrentSheet As Worksheet Dim cb As CheckBox Application.ScreenUpdating = False ActiveWorkbook.Unprotect password:="Andrew" 'Add a temporary dialog sheet Set CurrentSheet = ActiveSheet Set PrintDlg = ActiveWo...

calculate how many 'work days' in a month / week
hi guys, currently i have a formula (thanks to this NG) that calculates how many days there are in a month. is there a way to extend this formula to calculate the number of work days (mon-fri) there are in that month? cheers Use the NETWORKDAYS function: =NETWORKDAYS(start_date,end_date) -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Chuck" <cvanoosbree@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1194478027.357664.102700@t8g2000prg.googlegroups.com... > hi guys, > > currently i have a formula (thanks to this NG) that calculates how > many days there are in a month. is there a way to ...

how would I put the results of a formula in bold print...
the formula that I am using is... =TEXT((Q9-E1),"0.00")&" hrs" I would liketo have the numeric answer show up in bold print... Help on this would be greatly appreciated! 1. copy the cell containing the formula 2. in an un-used cell paste special as value 3. click on the copy 4. in the formula bar highlight the area and format as bold -- Gary''s Student "traybuddy" wrote: > the formula that I am using is... > > =TEXT((Q9-E1),"0.00")&" hrs" > > I would liketo have the numeric answer show up in bold print.....

Message preview on IMAP-account
Hi. It is impossible for me to remove preview of a message in inbox-view in an IMAP-account. This is Outlook XP/2002, and when I choose View and uncheck the "Automatic preview", it disappear, but when I go into another folder an back, it is still there. Any hints anyone? Best regards Jan Henrik Try going to Views, Current view, Define view and changing the IMAP view by selecting it's name (not <current view>) and choosing modify. This seems to stick pretty good for me. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, On...

Calculations not working on pasted values from Access
I'm using Office 2000 on W2k, and when I copy and paste a column of numbers from MS Access to MS Excel, I am unable to perform a Sum function on the pasted values. The function always returns zero. If I then type in the values directly it does work. Anyone know why? Is this caused by a virus and is there a patch? It is because it is seen as text, try to copy an empty cell, select the imported numbers, do edit>paste special and select add. -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Scott Sullivan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0c0001c3a22c$790cd250...

Outlook Express Printing while on line
I cannot print my emails while I am on line. Disconect and I can print OK. While on line I cannot connect to a Website either, where am I being silly here? Any assistance will be gratefully received. Cheers Matthew McGowan UK This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002, and 2003. If you have questions regarding Outlook Express please post your question in one of the applicable groups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress for O...

Microsoft Works Suite 2006
I recently purchased a new copy of Works Suite 2006, (I know it's new because I broke the plastic wrapper. It has the license on the back of the case.) I had to wipe my hard drive and re-install Windows XP Pro. for an un-related problem. All my other programs re-loaded fine. Works Suite 2006 refuses to do anything except make the green light on my cd unit glow. The person I bought it from says it sounds like I'm missing some drivers or software. I tried to correct this with a re-install but it didn't help. Anybody have any ideas what's wrong? Thanks johnalangmi wrong g...

i can't get this formula to work
i'm trying to write a formula where if the cell below it minus the active cell is -21< x > -23 then write one, else leave it blank. so here's what i got so far, i think i'm just getting the parentheses wrong =if((AND((c2-c1)*24)<-21,((c2-c1)*24)>-23),1,"") i tried writing a simpler formula along the same lines and this one works =if((AND(j3<-21,j3>-23)),1,"") Hi Kyle Try =IF(AND((C2-C1)*24<-21,(C2-C1)*24>-23),1,"") -- Regards Roger Govier kyle wrote: > i'm trying to write a formula where if th...

Print problem with columns
I have inherited a spreadsheet and need to print it on one page. All the information is 2 columns. Is there a way to get the columns to wrap on a page so instead of having 3 pages with 2 columns each, I can have one page with six columns? There is no direct method... If you can print, say 50 rows per page, then you can do this enter in C1 =A51 and copy one col right and 50 rows down... If you are still left with values then enter in E1 =A101 and repeat the above Print only rows 1-50... -- Always provide your feedback so that others know whether the solution worked or problem still pe...

Printing text
I am using Excel 2000 (on Windows 2000 pro). When I attempt to print a worksheet, it is printing only the graphics, borders, and shading. All text is missing. If I email this same worksheet to a computer running Windows XP Pro, it asks me which printer I want to setup (which I designate as the same printer I use on the other computer). I am then able to print everything. On both computers, the version of Office is the same. Both computers have the same driver for the printer, and are printing to the same printer (its networked). Why will text print from one computer but not the othe...

Problem printing Word doc with links to other Word files: only 1st pages
Hi all, My word Doc contains links to other documents. With code visible it looks like: {LINK Word.Document.8 "Full file name 1" "" \a \p } {LINK Word.Document.8 "Full file name 2" "" \a \p } etcetera If I view the master document or print it, only the first page of each linked document is visible/printed. How do I fix this? Thanks in advance Jan Objects linked via OLE cannot exceed a page. You can use INCLUDETEXT fields instead; see http://word.mvps.org/faqs/tblsfldsfms/includetextfields.htm. Note that if you are using Word ...

control p to print on word does not work anymore
I have recently upgraded to windows 7, and am using microsoft office 2007 in word. Control P to print documents is only working intermittently and this is extremely frustrating!! Anyone got any ideas, please. Do the other ways of printing -- clicking on the Quick Access Toolbar icon, or choosing it under the Office button -- still work reliably? On Feb 22, 6:24=A0am, kaz53 <ka...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have recently upgraded to windows 7, and am using microsoft office 2007= in > word. > Control P to print documents is only working intermittently a...

printing 04-21-10
when i print labels from word the labels are printed ok but they move up the page so that the last 2 or 3 rows are printed half on the label above,it looks like the spacing is smaller making it all move up the page. i can print the lables ok if i send the doc to another pc, it prints ok on the same printer stwjck;704947 Wrote: > when i print labels from word the labels are printed ok but they move up the > page so that the last 2 or 3 rows are printed half on the label above,it > looks like the spacing is smaller making it all move up the page. i can print > t...

Print a user form image
I learn how to print a text as follows Private Sub CommandButton3_Click() Dim intOutFile As Integer 'number for the output file intOutFile = FreeFile 'get a file number Open "c:\temp\temp.txt" For Output As intOutFile Print #intOutFile, Print_Dev.TextBox1.Text Close intOutFile Shell "c:\windows\notepad.exe /P c:\temp\temp.txt" Kill "c:\temp\temp.txt" 'delete the file if desired End Sub Now I would like to print an image as well... I tried modifying this Print #intOutFile, Print_Dev.TextBox1.Text ...

Printing only selected records
Version: Access 2000 My company issues an updated telephone list monthly with hundreds of employees. So far I copy the original telephone list into a "clean" excel sheet. Then I create a linked table in my database so that my table is always updated. Table Name "TelephoneList" Goal: Create and print a report for the employees that I want. I don't need a 5 page telephone sheet. I want to be able to just check a box besides the names that I want. And of course every time the table is updated I don't want to recheck the same employees But I'm having trouble fin...

Spell Checker Does Not Work 02-16-10
I am editing a Word document sent to me from someone else. I think they originally created it in AmiPro. For some reason the spell checker does not work in this file. Does anyone have a suggestion as to how to make the spell checker work? See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/MasterSpellCheck.htm. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "dk2" <dk2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:72E8E257-7E50-4859-BD99-125BAFBEEDB6@microsoft.com... >I am editing a Word document sent to me from someone else. I think they > originally created it in A...