print preview and page on screen don't match in MS Publisher

I typed a book of around 36 pages and at page 18 the script on screen page
are not the same the the print preview. I had to totally change screen page
to make sure the printed page was lined up.

Now I want to add to the book but would like to straighten out the screen
page to match with print preview.

Could you tell me what I may have done incorrect?
0
Focused (1)

Pivot Table Cycling Through Page Fields Automatically
Hi. I am trying to cycle through a complete set of data in one of the parameters in the "Page" field. For example, there are 500 investments, and I want to compute the internal rate of return (IRR) for each investment based on a series of cashflows for each investment. The IRR is a function that is placed outside the pivot table. As each investment number is chosen, the underlying pivot table cashflow data changes, allow the IRR function to pick up these cashflows and compute the IRR. However, if there are 500 investments, this becomes very time consuming - especially if the...

Automatic transfer/download match up
From my paycheck, I have $250 withdrawn and placed into a separate bank account. When I download my transactions for this separate bank account, it downloads the $250 transaction and doesn't realize this is the same transaction as the transfer from my main bank account. My question: is there anyway I can force Money to always match this transaction? The way I do it now is to delete the transaction that I downloaded and keep the one that shows as an automatic transfer. Thanks for any ideas! Joey ...

Printing problem from Excel 2007

Can I password lock a Publisher doc?
I have designed a doc but need to protect it with a password. How do I do that? "Holly's mom" <Holly's mom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:63C3D930-0AD9-47FF-B1EB-220EA49F39BA@microsoft.com... > I have designed a doc but need to protect it with a password. How do I do > that? Don't believe any version of Publisher (and you didn't specify which version you have) has any form of password protection similar to the weak password system in Word. To prevent someone from modifying a document, print it as a pdf file using a PDF printer ...

Printing as PDF
I have a portion of a sheet that I want to print/save as a pdf to a folder on my hard drive. The folders location is C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\Desktop\Invoices. I also want the file name to be the value found in cell j19 on the "PO Form" worksheet. Any help? Hi Download and install Cute PDF-Writer (http://www.cutepdf.com/) It installs as a printer. Now, you can write any documents (Excel, Word, various pictures, web pages, etc. to PDF format. Simply open the document, select Print from menu, select CutePDF Printer, and when you click on Print button, a file save dia...

Payment For Invoice
In my business account, I have payments for invoices. When I download from my bank, they never match up. I try to match them manually, and it won't let me. I delete the downloaded transaction, and it shows back up on the next download. How can I work around this, and still show that my customer made a payment? C'mon... I know people from Microsoft are looking at this forum. Why haven't I received an answer yet?? This is a serious matter, and I'm 99.9% sure I'm not the only one who's been in this situation. JB2K "JB2K" <spam_catcher...@jb2k.c...

Converting a publisher file to adobe, with editable text
I prepare publisher files, such as postcards, to send to people in my group. I want them to be able to insert their information when applicable. Is there a way to do that in Publisher, or will I neet a different program? Acrobat Pro can create fill-in documents. Word can too. Not so Publisher. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Linda" <Linda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EE418097-D3AA-4B25-80E7-4B625EAF54D9@microsoft.com... >I prepare publisher files, such as postcards, to send ...

make a page permanent
I am new to onenote, I have set up some pages that I would like to make permanent. Is there away I can to that? It all depends on what you mean by "permanent." Can you clarify the task you have in mind? -- Thanks, John Guin OneNote Test Team http://blogs.msdn.com/johnguin "musicandbeer" wrote: > I am new to onenote, I have set up some pages that I would like to make > permanent. Is there away I can to that? John, I have made a note book with pages I never want to change, or atleast not very often. Every time I open it all the boxes show u...

How do I display two excel pages at the same time?
I want to have two excel pages displayed on my computer at the same time, but when I open both pages it uses the same master excel and when I toggle between the two it won't open both of them up. I'm using office 2003. Thanks for the help. -- snowtime ------------------------------------------------------------------------ snowtime's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25982 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=393499 Open both and then do windows>arrange and vertical (or any of the other choices, I usuall...

Page Number in Repeat Rows area
Is there a way that I can put a Page Number in the Repeat Rows area of a sheet - and get it to update when I print? I have found one piece of VBA that puts a page number within a cell but it is only updated if the cell is outside the Repeat Row area. When it is within the Repeat Rows area I just get a page number of 1 corresponding to the original row location.. I do some VBA programming but am not an expert. TIA cheers Chris Nothing comes to mind that doesn't require VBA code. You can paste the following in the sheet header (File | Page Setup) and page x of y will print on ea...

Print Macro #2
Trying to write a macro to print a spreadsheet where the number of rows of data varies. What's wrong with this code? Dim rng As Range Set rng = Range("A1").End(xlDown).End(xlToRight) With ActiveSheet.PageSetup .PrintArea = rng End With Thank you. Pam Hi Pam Leave your PrintArea empty Excel will print all cells with a value on the sheet -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "Pam" <gasp0225@juno.com> wrote in message news:16e401c38521$a7d25420$3501280a@phx.gbl... > Trying to write a macro to ...

FIX at bottom-right of Excel screen. Know what it means?
When ever I open a worksheet the bottom right corner of the screen (by the CAPS, SCRL, etc alerts) FIX is showing. Does anyone know what is causing this? It means you have fixed decimal settings checked under tools>options>edit -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Bobbert" <Bobbert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EFFD8EFF-D7A2-42D8-862E-E0B1F535A5BE@microsoft.com... > When ever I open a worksheet the bottom right corner of the screen (by the > CAPS, SCRL, etc alerts) FIX is showing. Does anyone know what is causing > this? Tools>Options&g...

Printing Labels on Sato CL408
We are in the process of migrating from our existing proprietary POS and Inventory system to RMS. Part of the migration involves migrating the label printing function for our existing Sato CL408 label printers. I have done this successfully except for one detail. The labels are small labels (1 in. by 1.5 in) that are printed side-by-side. To get the second side-by-side label to print, I have to "fool" the label designer wizard into thinking it is printing to a label 3.5 inches wide. The data on the left side is duplicated on the right side, resulting in two labels being p...

Detecting Screen res
Is there a way Excel can auto detect the screen res of a VDU an automatically resize thing like msg boxes so that text is centred o both big and small screen resolutions rather than ending with the tex all over the place ? Cheeeeeeeeeeers -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Here is an open macro that automatically re-sizes the zoom based on users resolution. It is set to do each sheet based on the defined range to be used. So, in THIS case, each sheet must have the defined name sheet1!myzoom , etc. Private Sub Workbook_Open() Application.Calculation = xlCalculationManual App...

Locks up when clicking on links in open web pages
I don't know if I'm posting this in the correct discussion group, and if not, sorry for the trouble. Could you direct me if I'm wrong? The issue is that the internet connection locks up if I click on a link or attempt to print from within an open website. It does not happen each time, but often enough to make me want to pull my hair! I have to shut down the connection - the message says it is 'not responding,' and reconnect, sometimes 2 or 3 times, to be able to use the link from the website. I have a second laptop, and it doesn't have this problem. ...

Textbox's truncated once printed (Excel 2000)
When using text boxs in excel if the data entry is larger than the text box it does not print out everything in the text box. Is there a way to get it to print out all the information contained in the text box. For the only two solutions I can think of is 1) Make the text boxs bigger but my manager rejected the idea. 2)Cut an paste the information onto a excel spreedsheet then print it that way by using a macro but that is a last resort. Dear Robert, 1) 2) and 3) Reject your manager. If it doesn't fit, it doesn't. 4) Perhaps ... use a smaller font? 5) Refrase your text ... Fran...

Update another CPropertySheet page
I have a program which contains 3 CPropertySheet pages. When I add the change the value in Page 1, then it should automatically update a corresponding field in the Page 2. How can I access from one page to another? Thanks. Yan yan wrote: > I have a program which contains 3 CPropertySheet pages. When I add the > change the value in Page 1, then it should automatically update a > corresponding field in the Page 2. How can I access from one page to > another? > > Thanks. > > Yan > > You cannot do that. When you change a value in Page 1 there are cases ...

Insert Page Numbers on Worksheet in Excel 2007
In Excel 2003, if you wanted to put page numbers on multiple worksheets in a workbook, you grouped the worksheets and then added a header or footer, using the page number function. All of your grouped worksheets would shows its own page number. But in Excel 2007, only my first worksheet is numbered when I do this (as Page 1). What's the problem? Do I actually have to put a page number, one by one, on each worksheet? I cannot replicate your problem with 2007. Grouped sheets behave exactly as 2003 did. After grouping and adding a header of Page 1 did you do a print p...

linking to publisher email
How do you make a link for unsubscribing to an email? The easiest way is to insert a email link to you along with instructions. Select the text or image > insert > hyperlink > Email Address and enter your email address. DavidF "NK" <NK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:166F126E-17FC-468E-9A42-9E23ACE8454D@microsoft.com... > How do you make a link for unsubscribing to an email? ...

Publishing Microsoft Excel Charts to the Web
I routinely publish Excel charts to a web site for viewing in a web browser. When I do so, the charts are too large to fit on one screen without scrolling. Is there a way to make the charts fit the size of the user's browser window when you publish them? Jim - Embed the charts in a worksheet (right click, Location, As Object In: Sheet Name), and size them to fit before exporting. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Jim wrote: > I routinely publish Excel charts to a web site f...

owa logout show the page cannot be display
The event 36 was triggered when Outlook Web Access (2003) users clicked the "Log Off" shortcut. The OWA user would receive the following message when logging off: "The page cannot be displayed. I try to search on google, some of newsgroup report follow microsoft article Q318239 can fix the issue. but this article can not found on support.microsoft.com. anyone have experience about event 36 OWA logout issue. Please help ...

Sheet display vrs. Print Preview
Why would a sheet display differently than when it is printed. I have an excel file that looks like it prints on my bosses computer but on my pc the page breaks are different the word warps are different. This makes it difficult to work with because it will not print the same on my pc and his. We are both using Excel 2003. Thanks for helping. This could have a great deal to do with the printer drivers. Are you printing to the same printer? ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com www.MyExpertsOnline.com "Byron" <Byron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

Access Outlook Add-in for Data Collection & Publishing won't load
I am trying to utilize the Collect Data via e-mail function and keep receiving the following error: "The Microsoft Office Access Outlook Add-in is disabled in Microsoft Office Outlook 2007. To collect data by using e-mail messages in Microsoft Access 2007, verify that this add-in is installed and enabled from within Office Outlook 2007." I have tried to remediate via the Trust Center/Add-in area in Outlook and don't see an add-in for Access (even though the error message says it is "disabled" it is nowhere to be found). I have tried to add it (I believe it is...

number of results columns doesnt match table defintion
This is the error I get when among other things, I try to print a financial report. Actually the error popup says "A get/change operation on table 'GL_Options_ROPT' failed accessing SQL data", the more button reveals the number of columns error description. This database was restored by copying the sql folder from a previous installation into the new servers sql folder. Thanks. shawn modersohn wrote: > This is the error I get when among other things, I try to print a > financial report. Actually the error popup says "A get/change operation > on ta...