I am using mailmerge in Publisher to create placecards for a party we are
hosting. The final size of the placecards is 1.5" by 1.5" and we have to
print 100 final cards.

Publisher gives me the option of printing multiple copies of the same page
on one sheet of letter sized paper or one page on one sheet of letter sized
paper. What I would like to do, however, is print multiple different pages on
one sheet of paper. If I cannot find a solution for this, I will need to
print 100 separate pages with a 1.5" square box of copy in the center of each
sheet.
0
Reunited (3)

In page setup, select custom, input 1.5 x 1.5 in the page size. If you are using
2002-03 Publisher, "change copies per page" by adjusting the margins and gaps. You
will have one placecard on your screen. The merge will work correctly.

If you are using 2000 and below the multiple copies option will be available when you
go to print, page options, custom options.
In page setup select special size.
--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Reunited" <Reunited@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am using mailmerge in Publisher to create placecards for a party we are
> hosting. The final size of the placecards is 1.5" by 1.5" and we have to
> print 100 final cards.
>
> Publisher gives me the option of printing multiple copies of the same page
> on one sheet of letter sized paper or one page on one sheet of letter sized
> paper. What I would like to do, however, is print multiple different pages on
> one sheet of paper. If I cannot find a solution for this, I will need to
> print 100 separate pages with a 1.5" square box of copy in the center of each
> sheet.

0
gsauer (5093)
12/31/2004 9:12:22 AM
Mary,

Thank you. However, I setup the page exactly as you described and I can
produce the merge without a problem using the one copy per page setting.
However, when I select the multiple copies (15 in this case), I get 15 copies
of the same merged item on each page. I would like to get 15 DIFFERENT merged
items on one page.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> In page setup, select custom, input 1.5 x 1.5 in the page size. If you are using
> 2002-03 Publisher, "change copies per page" by adjusting the margins and gaps. You
> will have one placecard on your screen. The merge will work correctly.
>
> If you are using 2000 and below the multiple copies option will be available when you
> go to print, page options, custom options.
> In page setup select special size.
> --
> Mary Sauer MS MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> "Reunited" <Reunited@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am using mailmerge in Publisher to create placecards for a party we are
> > hosting. The final size of the placecards is 1.5" by 1.5" and we have to
> > print 100 final cards.
> >
> > Publisher gives me the option of printing multiple copies of the same page
> > on one sheet of letter sized paper or one page on one sheet of letter sized
> > paper. What I would like to do, however, is print multiple different pages on
> > one sheet of paper. If I cannot find a solution for this, I will need to
> > print 100 separate pages with a 1.5" square box of copy in the center of each
> > sheet.

0
Reunited (3)
12/31/2004 6:55:02 PM
You will need to state what is different, the design?, the name on the
card?, both?
Also, restate the version of Publisher you are using.

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

"Reunited" <Reunited@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am using mailmerge in Publisher to create placecards for a party we are
> hosting. The final size of the placecards is 1.5" by 1.5" and we have to
> print 100 final cards.
>
> Publisher gives me the option of printing multiple copies of the same page
> on one sheet of letter sized paper or one page on one sheet of letter
sized
> paper. What I would like to do, however, is print multiple different pages
on
> one sheet of paper. If I cannot find a solution for this, I will need to
> print 100 separate pages with a 1.5" square box of copy in the center of
each
> sheet.

Don,

I am using Publisher 2003.

The merge variables are the name on the card and the name of the table where
the person is sitting. So, I have 100 guests that are attending my party and
I am using publisher to merge the 100 guests and their respective tables from
an Excel file. I am able to merge the 100 records onto 100 pages in
Publisher. Since the size of the card is only 1.5" x 1.5", I would like to
print the job with 15 different merged cards on 1 page rather than 1 merged
card on one page. I hope that gives you a better idea of my challenge. Thank
you for your interest and assistance.

"Don Schmidt" wrote:

> You will need to state what is different, the design?, the name on the
> card?, both?
> Also, restate the version of Publisher you are using.
>

> --
> Don
> Vancouver, USA
>

> "Reunited" <Reunited@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I am using mailmerge in Publisher to create placecards for a party we are
> > hosting. The final size of the placecards is 1.5" by 1.5" and we have to
> > print 100 final cards.
> >
> > Publisher gives me the option of printing multiple copies of the same page
> > on one sheet of letter sized paper or one page on one sheet of letter
> sized
> > paper. What I would like to do, however, is print multiple different pages
> on
> > one sheet of paper. If I cannot find a solution for this, I will need to
> > print 100 separate pages with a 1.5" square box of copy in the center of
> each
> > sheet.

0
Reunited (3)
12/31/2004 8:13:03 PM
You needn't select how many copies if you are merging.. When the printer dialog opens
the print range should give you the option of all entries.
Help is your best friend.

Read this tutorial
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/CH062524751033.aspx

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
> Mary,
>
> Thank you. However, I setup the page exactly as you described and I can
> produce the merge without a problem using the one copy per page setting.
> However, when I select the multiple copies (15 in this case), I get 15 copies
> of the same merged item on each page. I would like to get 15 DIFFERENT merged
> items on one page.
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> In page setup, select custom, input 1.5 x 1.5 in the page size. If you are using
>> 2002-03 Publisher, "change copies per page" by adjusting the margins and gaps. You
>> will have one placecard on your screen. The merge will work correctly.
>>
>> If you are using 2000 and below the multiple copies option will be available when
>> you
>> go to print, page options, custom options.
>> In page setup select special size.
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MS MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> "Reunited" <Reunited@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am using mailmerge in Publisher to create placecards for a party we are
>> > hosting. The final size of the placecards is 1.5" by 1.5" and we have to
>> > print 100 final cards.
>> >
>> > Publisher gives me the option of printing multiple copies of the same page
>> > on one sheet of letter sized paper or one page on one sheet of letter sized
>> > paper. What I would like to do, however, is print multiple different pages on
>> > one sheet of paper. If I cannot find a solution for this, I will need to
>> > print 100 separate pages with a 1.5" square box of copy in the center of each
>> > sheet.

0
gsauer (5093)
12/31/2004 8:25:12 PM
I'm not a user of 2003 and don't do what I'm about to suggest, if it can be
done.

Sounds like you could accomplish your goal by using "mail merging". Several
of the other folks here are better equipped to help you with the mail
merging process, i.e., Mary, JoAnne, Sarah, David, Mike, John..... All good
folks who know this Publisher stuff.

Also, maybe the Help in 2003 is clear enough to explain "Mail merging".

Good luck on the task,

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

> Don,
>
> I am using Publisher 2003.
>
> The merge variables are the name on the card and the name of the table
where
> the person is sitting. So, I have 100 guests that are attending my party
and
> I am using publisher to merge the 100 guests and their respective tables
from
> an Excel file. I am able to merge the 100 records onto 100 pages in
> Publisher. Since the size of the card is only 1.5" x 1.5", I would like to
> print the job with 15 different merged cards on 1 page rather than 1
merged
> card on one page. I hope that gives you a better idea of my challenge.
Thank
> you for your interest and assistance.
>
> "Don Schmidt" wrote:
>
> > You will need to state what is different, the design?, the name on the
> > card?, both?
> > Also, restate the version of Publisher you are using.
> >

> > --
> > Don
> > Vancouver, USA
> >

> > "Reunited" <Reunited@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > I am using mailmerge in Publisher to create placecards for a party we
are
> > > hosting. The final size of the placecards is 1.5" by 1.5" and we have
> > > print 100 final cards.
> > >
> > > Publisher gives me the option of printing multiple copies of the same
page
> > > on one sheet of letter sized paper or one page on one sheet of letter
> > sized
> > > paper. What I would like to do, however, is print multiple different
pages
> > on
> > > one sheet of paper. If I cannot find a solution for this, I will need
> > > print 100 separate pages with a 1.5" square box of copy in the center
of
> > each
> > > sheet.

Hello,  I was having a similar problem with labels.  I was trying to merge a
Word database to labels, but kept getting 1 persons name on a full page of
labels.  It didn't matter what I tried, even what you've been told to do.
JoAnne suggested I use a Database created in Excel and it worked fine.  I
don't know why, but it did.

"Don Schmidt" wrote:

> I'm not a user of 2003 and don't do what I'm about to suggest, if it can be
> done.
>
> Sounds like you could accomplish your goal by using "mail merging". Several
> of the other folks here are better equipped to help you with the mail
> merging process, i.e., Mary, JoAnne, Sarah, David, Mike, John..... All good
> folks who know this Publisher stuff.
>
> Also, maybe the Help in 2003 is clear enough to explain "Mail merging".
>
> Good luck on the task,
>

> --
> Don
> Vancouver, USA
>

> "Reunited" <Reunited@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Don,
> >
> > I am using Publisher 2003.
> >
> > The merge variables are the name on the card and the name of the table
> where
> > the person is sitting. So, I have 100 guests that are attending my party
> and
> > I am using publisher to merge the 100 guests and their respective tables
> from
> > an Excel file. I am able to merge the 100 records onto 100 pages in
> > Publisher. Since the size of the card is only 1.5" x 1.5", I would like to
> > print the job with 15 different merged cards on 1 page rather than 1
> merged
> > card on one page. I hope that gives you a better idea of my challenge.
> Thank
> > you for your interest and assistance.
> >
> > "Don Schmidt" wrote:
> >
> > > You will need to state what is different, the design?, the name on the
> > > card?, both?
> > > Also, restate the version of Publisher you are using.
> > >

> > > --
> > > Don
> > > Vancouver, USA
> > >

> > > "Reunited" <Reunited@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> are

> page
> > > sized
> pages
> > > on
> of
> > > each

0
Hague2 (18)
1/4/2005 3:43:05 AM
When you merge (using the Mail and Catalog Merge Task Pane) Click on PRINT.
This places multiple persons on one sheet.  DO NOT Create new publication.
Creating a new publication gets you a whole sheet of labels of the same
person.  Also, Print Preview only shows one person on a whole sheet, even
though it prints out OK.

"Reunited" wrote:

> I am using mailmerge in Publisher to create placecards for a party we are
> hosting. The final size of the placecards is 1.5" by 1.5" and we have to
> print 100 final cards.
>
> Publisher gives me the option of printing multiple copies of the same page
> on one sheet of letter sized paper or one page on one sheet of letter sized
> paper. What I would like to do, however, is print multiple different pages on
> one sheet of paper. If I cannot find a solution for this, I will need to
> print 100 separate pages with a 1.5" square box of copy in the center of each
> sheet.
0
Hague2 (18)

two checking accounts data downloads to just one of the accts
I have two checking accounts with our bank and when I download transactions into Microsoft Money for either account, all the transactions go to only one of the accounts set up in Money. I was prompted for the first download to our "main" account. Then when I went to download for the other account, I wasn't prompted where to download to... and all the transactions went into the first account. Did that make sense? My bank required we switch to Money from Quicken, so I am new to this. Tried to search in users guide and online for help. Help would be much appreciated - ...

multiple outlets centralized Inventory needs POS solution
One of our customer has multiple outlets. Selling is conducted through the outlets. they have a centralized warehouse. A POS solution is required Contact your local RMS dealer he can help. Store ops in each location then HQ in warehouse. "Haresh_ahuja" <Haresh_ahuja@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:21B3A81A-2CDC-42A0-9327-9722661FAA41@microsoft.com... > One of our customer has multiple outlets. Selling is conducted through the > outlets. they have a centralized warehouse. A POS solution is required Haresh, You need a HQ for the warehouse and store op...

how do i print a smaller image of my saved document?
I forgot how to do this. My age is taking its toll! Don't blame age, as I don't think Word has any built-in way to do this unless you're thinking of the Zoom feature in the Print dialog, which allows you to print multiple pages per sheet. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "wallyb" <wallyb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B90FC4B-6B36-4BF0-99C4-8A099673B6EE@microsoft.com... >I forgot how to do this. My age is taking its toll! > ...

copy sheet with range names
I'm making 2 copies of an existing worksheet within a workbook. The original sheet has lots of range names. Now, when I make my copies, the range names are screwed up and are referring to the new sheet instead of the original one. What's up with that? I don't see any options related to range names. Deleting and resetting the names would take forever, as would "re-defining". I shouldn't have to do that. Any ideas? -- RMC,CPA I think if you look at your range names, you'll find that xl localized the copies. When it copied the worksheet, it had to do something ...

multiple or conditions
I have written syntax that doesn't seem to be picking up all my or conditions thus leaving me with an inaccurate answer. What am I doing wrong? =IF($I5>2.5,1,0)*OR($K5>2.5,1,0)*OR($M5>2.5,1,0)*OR($O5>2.5,1,0) *OR($Q5>2.5,1,0)*OR($J5>5,1,0)*OR($L5>5,1,0)*OR($N5>5,1,0) *OR($P5>5,1,0)*OR($R5>5,1,0) Look in HELP index for the proper syntax for OR -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "lschuh" <lschuh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E3DCD1CE-4350-40E8-B1C5-0A1CEFCD5B27@microsoft.com... > I have written syntax ...

Ten calendar harm one of the products
Ten calendar harm one of the products www.laptop-battery-inc.co.uk/spy-pen.htm ...

Migrating Mailboxes from one domain to another domain
I am having a hard time trying to figure out how to do something and was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction. I need to migrate user mailboxes from one server to another, easy enough right... well here is where my issues are. server one is in say abc.local domain server two is in say xyz.local domain there are the same users in both domains, with the same naming convention. so to clear that up if i have a user called ttest in domain abc, user ttest is also in xyz. the old administration had seperated these domains due to function and security, but now they want to...

Changing info from one worksheet to the next
Hi all. I have linked my 55 sheets to one which is great. What i need to know now if possible. Each sheet has the same question over 11 columns Each row is dated and a numeric number from 1 - 10 in each row Now on the master sheet where everything is linked, is there a way that If i changed the date on the master sheet it would reflect the answers from the row with that date? At present the answers showing is for 01/03/10, but i would like to look at the totals for 08/03/10 and show the answers from each sheet for that date. I could have a sheet for each week, but im hoping there i...

Printing from a Master page
I am trying to print a document and the text area is overprinted in black. Anyone know how to correct that? Might think about a printer driver update. Is this only happening on one publication? What version Publisher? Not sure I understand what is happening. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "sherlynn" <sherLynn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6169A241-2AE6-4DD7-A932-E5432A55C777@microsoft.com... >I am trying to print a document and the text area is overprinted in black. > Anyone...

deleting pages in publisher 2002
When deleting p.5 (or any page) of my 19 page document, last page deletes instead! What's happening here? How can I delete my page? I'm using "edit" delete page. Also, I am not in Master Page mode. K. On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 22:39:35 +0000, KLeDrew wrote (in article <CA87F080-CAF5-4A38-956C-FDF8896CA92A@microsoft.com>): > When deleting p.5 (or any page) of my 19 page document, last page deletes > instead! What's happening here? How can I delete my page? I'm using "edit" > delete page. Also, I am not in Master Page mode. > > ...

Sheet protection prompts
All, Ive been building a speadsheet for data collection and have incorporated event macros that format columns, filter and protect/unprotect the worksheet. One of the users is receiving a confirmation prompt each time the macro protects/unprotects the sheet. I however am not being prompted on my pc and have been unable to replicate this. Has anyone come across this before and could you please advise how it can be overcome. Would appreciate any assistance you can provide. Regards, Adrian Not sure why this would happen to one user, unless they have a different version possibly. Could ...

Excel macros page breaks but not on row 1 and column value in footer
Hi, I have seen some posts that are similar, but no one seems to have the problem that I am having. I will post my macro in this, for anyone that is interested. My users get a csv file every month, and we have to clean it up. This macro does that. My last issues are this: 1) having the spreadsheet create page breaks whenever the value in column B changes. Below is just that code. Code: col = 2 LastRw = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count For X = 2 To LastRw If Cells(X, col) <> Cells(X - 1, col) And Cells(X, col) <> Range("B1") Then ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.HPageBreaks...

in what order should i place multiple brochure pages?
i am wondering in what order should i lay out my pages in my brochure so it will print correctly . . . I would use one of the brochure templates, create, print it out and edit to my liking. -- Don Vancouver, USA "critic" <critic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BB2EA24A-EC9F-44EB-AB02-209FF66A1F77@microsoft.com... >i am wondering in what order should i lay out my pages in my brochure so it > will print correctly . . . ...

RMS should allow you to choose more than one item at a time
RMS should allow you to choose more than one item at a time, this would be helpful in creating PO's. Mutiple item selection is a standard in every software; you really dropped the ball with this one. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.micr...

Can multiple cell results be displayed in a single cell?
Is it possible to display the contents of multiple separate cells in another single cell? If the results of several cells say B1, B2, and B3 are the amounts $10, $15 and $20, I would like to display them in cell A1 as follows: $10 $15 $20 I could do this statically by using text and the 'Alt|Enter' function within the cell. However, these amounts will change from time to time so I'd like a link. Is this possible or not? Thanks for any help. Brett Brett One way: In A1: ="$"&B1&CHAR(10)&"$"&B2&CHAR(10)&"$"&B3&am...

Importing vcalendar data to multiple users
I'm running Exchange 5.5. Several times a year I have to create a large group of users. I'd like to be able to pre-populate each user's calendar with pertinent calendar events. Is there a way to import this type of data in batch mode? See if http://www.slipstick.com/calendar/holidays.htm#company helps. ME wrote: > I'm running Exchange 5.5. Several times a year I have to create a > large group of users. I'd like to be able to pre-populate each user's > calendar with pertinent calendar events. > > Is there a way to import this type of data in batch...

Worksheet Change Event log for multiple cells
Dear All, I have a spreadsheet that is available here: http://www.filefactory.com/file/b02e5h4/n/Worksheet_change_event.zip (although I scanned it for viruses please make sure you do it again prior to opening it as I cannot guarantee it's worm free). I would like to create a log file in an additional sheet (hidden probably) that would record every activity from column E after clicking a button assigned to a cell in that column and show these records in a worksheet Totals in a specific row. For example: Column A from a worksheet „Totals” corresponds with column A in ...

How move multiplicity labels in UML diagrams?
How can you move the multiplicity labels on lines in UML diagrams? Also, is it possible to move the name labels? ...

Excel: When printing some cells will not print text in them
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) When I print an Excel 08 spread sheet, two of the cells that have text in them will not print the text in the cell. All the other cells with text prints fine. The text does not even show up on print preview in the print dialogue box. Any suggestions on how to get it to include the text in these two cells? ...

Publisher should allow the deletion of multiple pages
I wish publisher would allow for the deletion of muliple pages much like the options available when printing pages. lejianzhong <lejianzhong@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I wish publisher would allow for the deletion of muliple pages much > like the options available when printing pages. Suggestion: Try here: How to Contact the Microsoft Wish Program http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q114491 -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...

How to open multiple cases
Does anyone know if there's a way to open a case for several companies at one time? I've got a situation where I need to deploy a service bullitin for serveral companies. The title, description, etc.. are all the same. Thanks. Hmmm. Do you really need to open cases at first? If it's just a bulletin, then maybe you create a campaign to notify the appropriate customers, and then track the responses against the campaign. -- Microsoft Certified Professional - Dynamics CRM http://www.bturnkey.com "Coco" wrote: > Does anyone know if there's a way to open a ca...

Find and loop help-multiple columns
I an trying to write a macro to search for a cell value in one column and see if it occurs in other columns I'm having 2 problems: 1. How can I look from the last used row up to row 4 in "myrange+5" as set below? 2. How can I look in all other columns beside the "myrange+5" column named "Route Number(s)"? Am I completely off track?? With lastperiod 'Find the last used column myrange = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Columns.Count ActiveSheet.Cells(1, myrange + 2).Select 'find the last row therow = ActiveSheet.Cells.Fi...

Auto insert data to seperate sheets?
Hi, I have a Excel (2003) workbook consisting on 4 sheets, sheet 1 has 9 columns, sheet 2 has 4 columns, sheet 3 has 2 columns. Sheet 4 is used for new data which will usually stay on this sheet for a few weeks before I manually copy it over to the relevant sheet then manually arrange it. The whole workbook is arranged alphabetically. I would like to be able to insert new data in sheet 4 but at the same time the entered data inserting into another sheet of my choice and in its relative alphabetical row, Is this possible? any help much appreciated many thnx It is possible, but can be rath...

How do I print a font list using font name in the fonts?
I want to print a list of all of the fonts that I have using that particular font. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/FontSampleGenerator.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Rich641" <Rich641@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB860C6E-32E3-4C5F-B695-0B479B9BE4CF@microsoft.com... >I want to print a list of all of the fonts that I have using that >particular > font. > ...

How do I have a long excel spreadsheet on multiple pages?
I am trying to insert an excel spreadsheet into Publisher 2007 that is longer than a single page. How do I make the spreadsheet bleed into the next page? Is this possible? I know that it is possible to do in text boxes, by linking, but how do you do it for excel spreadsheets? Tables do not bleed from one page to the next in Publisher, might do your project in Word. Are you inserting the spreadsheet as an object? If this is the case, copy your spreadsheet. Position the spreadsheet, crop up until it fits your space. Next page, paste/crop down to where you left off on the firs...