print 8 page 8 1/2 x 11 booklet 1/2 size?

I have an 8 page booklet that I originally intended to print 8 1/2 x 11 & set
it up that way. I now would like to print it, instead as 5 1/2 x 8 1/2. I
know the proportions will not be perfect but they will be good enough.
I have played with this for hours to no avail.
I can't get the pages to come out right. i.e. 1&8 on one side of a sheet and
2 & 7 on the other etc.
Help!

Have you tried setting up two publications; your original and a new publication?
Copy/paste each page and adjust. Using the AutoFit Options in the Format menu
would help.

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"Frank" <Frank@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have an 8 page booklet that I originally intended to print 8 1/2 x 11 & set
> it up that way. I now would like to print it, instead as 5 1/2 x 8 1/2. I
> know the proportions will not be perfect but they will be good enough.
> I have played with this for hours to no avail.
> I can't get the pages to come out right. i.e. 1&8 on one side of a sheet and
> 2 & 7 on the other etc.
> Help!

0
Mary
3/10/2010 10:46:32 PM
I've done that at work. I've had to change the printer settings, not
somethng in Publisher.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Frank" <Frank@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have an 8 page booklet that I originally intended to print 8 1/2 x 11 &
>set
> it up that way. I now would like to print it, instead as 5 1/2 x 8 1/2. I
> know the proportions will not be perfect but they will be good enough.
> I have played with this for hours to no avail.
> I can't get the pages to come out right. i.e. 1&8 on one side of a sheet
> and
> 2 & 7 on the other etc.
> Help!

0
JoAnn
3/11/2010 1:17:07 AM
Additional info:
The printer I use has a booklet setting by the manufacturer. I can change
the original size to 5�x8�W and the paper size to 8�x11. You will have to
read your printer manual to see what you can/can't do.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"JoAnn Paules" <jl_paules@hotnospammail.com> wrote in message
> I've done that at work. I've had to change the printer settings, not
> somethng in Publisher.
>
> --
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
>

> "Frank" <Frank@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I have an 8 page booklet that I originally intended to print 8 1/2 x 11 &
>>set
>> it up that way. I now would like to print it, instead as 5 1/2 x 8 1/2. I
>> know the proportions will not be perfect but they will be good enough.
>> I have played with this for hours to no avail.
>> I can't get the pages to come out right. i.e. 1&8 on one side of a sheet
>> and
>> 2 & 7 on the other etc.
>> Help!

0
JoAnn

How do I seperate 1 page into 2 in MS Publisher 2003?
I have created a "Newsletter" for my company in Publisher 2003. It is all 1 page and I would like to seperate it into 2 so that the print break doesnt happen in the middle of text boxes. Also how can I convert the "newsletter" into a printer friendly format. Some people are unable to print it correctly so I would like to send it out as a more printer friendly format. I did try converting it to a PDF but it was then 26mb which is too big to email obviously. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank You WolfMaster <WolfMaster@discussions.microsoft....

Finding merged cells #2
Sorry for posting 2 messages with ref to the same problem but I am in dire need of a solution... I seem to have a problem due to cells in a worksheet being merged, how can i identify these cells? Many thanks, Rick Excel version? If you have 2002 or 2003 you can use Edit, Find, Format (and specify merged cells), Find All. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "R D S" <ricknewsgroup@members.v21.co.uk> wrote in message news:385u2aF5kslgkU1@individual.net... | Sorry for posting 2 messages with ref to the same problem but I am in dire | need of a solution... | | I seem to have a problem d...

Workbook prints as 2 separate print jobs
When sending an Excel workbook consisting of 1-10 worksheets and choosing the Print Entire Workbook option, the print job prints as though it were two different print jobs sent to the printer. This happens when choosing a Xerox printer-copier, and also when choosing to print to Acrobat Distiller. Any fixes? Suggestions? Thanks. -- Alice. ...

2 different accounts
Me and my wife, we have both an email account, at the same server. My wifes computer is broken and I would like to make also for her a separated account in my windows mail on my computer. I have made a new account for her emailadress but now all her mails come in my mailbox. Is there a solution to split the accounts?? You can have up to 32 email accounts in Windows Mail. However, Windows Mail does not have identities like Outlook Express did. By default, all email from all accounts goes into the same Inbox.=20 There are four different ways of changing that: 1. Use separate Windo...

Customization Questions #2
We have some functuionality qs... The prospect will have a centralised Contacts DB managed in CRM. They are a law firm and hence more than 1 laywer will be associated with a Contact in the CRM contact base. They need a Customization which will allow them to select and add multiple lawyers (AD/CRM users) against a particular contact, So that when they open a contact form - there may be a button which when clicked can show them the AD users associated with the particular contact.Right now we only have the Owner in the admin tab... We hope this is possible by creating a look up to add CR...

Page Formatting Preferences Seem To Have Changed
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Using Word 2004 for Mac version 11.5.6 - For example, I cannot make one line align center with Georgia font and then drop a couple of lines and switch to left alignment and Arial font. Whatever change I make, whether what I am seeking to change is highlighted or not, the entire document changes. <br><br>This used to work fine so it seems like a preference must have changed but I can't figure out how to change it back. Really, really appreciate some advice! Thanks!! You have mistakenly enabled &qu...

code to sum 8 textboxes
Hi there, I am trying to get a text box (txtsubtotal) to sum 8 other 'price' text boxes (txtprice1...txtprice8) when a command button (cmdCalculate) is clicked. Each 'price' text box is filled via a combo box (cboitem1) change code. Here is briefly what I have: Each combo box is coded like this: Private Sub cboItem1_change() Me.txtprice1 = WorksheetFunction.VLookup(Me.cboItem1, Worksheets _("Pizzas").Range("A:B"), 2, 0) End Sub Each 'price' text box is coded like this: Private Sub txtprice1_change() txtprice1.Value = Format(Me.tx...

Can you move a page from one publication to another?
Is there a way to pick up a page from another publisher document and move it into the one you are currently creating? Select all, copy, and paste. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Melis" <Melis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AE2DE89E-E052-4A56-9E62-79C8528450D4@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to pick up a page from another publisher document and move > it > into the one you are currently creating? ...

Mail merge & Publisher #2
When I try to choose a source for the mail merge and I choose a data base file that is a Microsoft Excel comma seperated value file or a Microsoft Excel worksheet. I always get a window that pops up that says... "This operation cannot be completed because of dialog or database engine failures. Please try Again later." Any help would be really appreciated. See if updating your MDAC components and Jet helps Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) 2.8 SP1 http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=78cac895-efc2-4f8e-a9e0-3a1afbd5922e&DisplayLang=en Jet 4.0 Servi...

Duplicate Mailbox in Outlook 2003 #2
I am running Outlook 2003 on a Windows XP SP2 machine. Outlook is configured to connect to an Exchange 2003 server. Under the "All Mail Folders" in Outlook 2003, it lists my mailbox twice - one with the Outlook Today icon and one with the Personal Folder icon (even though it is not a personal folder). Clicking on either one displays the exact same contents and folders. I tried going into the email account options to see if I can remove the duplicate account but there is only one Exchange account is listed. I am not running Outlook in cached mode. I do have a PPC I sync with...

Email Activity Page takes time to close
Hi, In my application, if the email content in an email activity page is large, the page takes 15-20 seconds to close. I think I should dispose objects while closing the page. But I don't know where to do it? Help please ...

Printing in Outlook
As an example when I receive the Microsoft Newsletter by E Mail I cannot get it to print the whole document. It cuts off text on the right hand side and resetting the marin does not cure the problem.All my other printing is OK. Thanks to anyone. BARRY ...

Hotfix 1.2.0183
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=896347 Hi to all! Today my partner send me the new hotfix of Store Operation.. the 1.2.0183 .. but the hotfix isn't available into support.microsoft.com Anyone know what contain new hotfix? Thank you Antonio Addresses possible problems with Eltron Label printers. Pretty light hotfix! -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all can share the information "Anto...

How can I shrink a flyer to print two to a page?
I am using Microsoft Publisher and I can't seem to get it to print two whole flyers on one page. I tried using the two page spread option in the view tab- but this just gets a portion of the center twice? How can I get the publisher to do this? CS Flower wrote: > I am using Microsoft Publisher and I can't seem to get it to print > two whole flyers on one page. I tried using the two page spread > option in the view tab- but this just gets a portion of the center > twice? How can I get the publisher to do this? ===================================== What if y...

Out of Office Question #2
I have Out of Office Assistant turned on and want to reply to all messages with a certain email. So I use a Rule and create a tempate with a check in the box 'Reply.' The problem is, when the mailbox recieves a message, it sends 2 emails back to the sender. One with the subject line that reads "Out of Office AutoReply: [email title] -." Also it sends the correct one based on my template. How do I prevent the first one from being sent? Office 2000 running via an Exchange server. Thanks for the help in Advanced! -Amon Amon Borland <AmonBorland@+nospam+gmail....

Printing Autofilter Data
How do I print Autofilter data onto one sheet instead of a few lines on say 20 pages? In page Setup, select fit to print and select 1 page wide and 1 page high. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "Confused" <Confused@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2C7DCB67-06B2-429C-99D9-D2B3A40FEF4A@microsoft.com... > How do I print Autofilter data onto one sheet instead of a few lines on say > 20 pages? Thank you! "Tom Ogilvy" wrote: > In page Setup, select fit to print and select 1 page wide and 1 page high. > > -- > Regards, > Tom Ogilvy >...

syncronise betwin 2 PC's ???
Hi I use two PC's a stationary and a laptop and Outlook 2000 and 2002(XP) and can't remember anymore what is where Is it possible to syncronise the two which at home is connected in a LAN so I have everything (concerning Outlook) on boath of them -- erik Denmark Take a look here, it may help: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.c...

why do pictures and text change size on printing?
making birthday card , which i have done many times, but when trying to print, the pictures and text are reducing in size from 168% to 99% . what am i now doing wrong ? ...

CRM SQL Database size, scaling and archiving
Our company is considering Dynamics CRM. Us poor IT guys have to make sure it keeps running for years to come. And we lack the experience, including bigger SQL implementations. I'm concerned about 3 things. They might be dumb questions, but I'm asking anyway. What's the maximum database size in terms of relations/contacts ? At what stage does SQL grind to a halt. Are we talking 100.000 contacts ? Or 1.000.000 ? or 10.000.000 ? Can I seperate the different datasets (email-history, cases, documents etc) across seperate SQL databases or even servers ? For instance, if someone ...

task pad #2
What is the difference between these 2 Task Pad views in Outlook 2003: -All Tasks -Today's Tasks Thanks All Tasks also shows completed Tasks. "Dorothy" <Dorothy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D29D1515-954A-450D-9CD0-B832DC7DA088@microsoft.com... > What is the difference between these 2 Task Pad views in Outlook 2003: > > -All Tasks > -Today's Tasks > > Thanks ...

Displaying 2 y Axis in different areas
I work in Excel 2000 and need to create a chart that displays data but i have to give the charts to my boss to read who is not very clever and gets very confused with them so i need a way of getting a y axis to display on both sides of the chart so that is lists what is on each side. at the moment it takes me ages using paint and other programs. Can it be done through excel charts -- Thank you for reading my post. Hopefully you can answer my querie Hi, You will find an explanation here http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip005.htm Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http:...

CComboBox #2
Hi all. In CDialog, how do I get a CComboBox to remember what you typed into it when you leave the dialog box but keep the list active whenever you go back into the CDialog? Scott ...

line graph-need to pick up dates as values for the x axis?
How do you get a line graph to pick up and show dates as the values on the x axis, not starting at zero nor at the first of the month. There doesn't seem to be anywhere for x-axis data to be transferred to the x- axis. I did put the dates into a row of cells and highlight them. i am using MS office 2000. Go to Source Data on the Chart menu. On the Series tab, select the series, then click in the XValues box, clear it if necessary, and select the range that contains your dates. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions ht...

Can't upgrade HQ to 2.00
I try to upgrade HQ database from 1.3 reresh to 2.00 but I have Error "An error occurred while attempting ti upgrade the database 'DF_Configuration_SoftwareValidation1' is not a constraint " How should I do? Help me plz. >_<" -- TOY2TOY ...

How do I print my CRichEditDoc/View MDI app?
I've created a fairly standard CRichEditDoc/View MDI application. I included Printing and Print Preview in the options during the AppWizard. What do I need to do to get a basic output when printing? E.g. setting the number of pages, etc. I'm using RichEdit 2.0 and also have set m_bRTF to FALSE in the CRichEditDoc derived class. I've struggled to find an example on the web that uses CRichEditView and I believe it should do most of the work for me but at the moment, besides the print preview kind of working, and getting the Print Dialog, it just prints blank pages! not sure how t...