print 1/2 page image to fill a full page

I've created an ad 4x5 size. It's centered in an 8.5 x 11 page setup size.
Now, I want to print it out full page size (8.5 x 11) but can't find a way to
just expand the entire image.  Tried grouping all the elements then dragging
the corner out to the desired size. Lost some type and some images distorted.
 I've also created a PDF of this file and when I tried to print it in "expand
small pages to paper size" mode, it still printed it 4x5 instead of 8.5 x 11.
 I don't see any options for such changes in my printer driver either.  What
am I missing?

Thanks,
Richard

0
RichardS (18)

Richard,

All I can think of is that you are not holding your mouse the right way.
Expand to fit Page works for me, every time I have tried it. If nothing
else, select Distiller as the printer and try that.

Mike

RichardS wrote:

> I've created an ad 4x5 size. It's centered in an 8.5 x 11 page setup size.
> Now, I want to print it out full page size (8.5 x 11) but can't find a way to
> just expand the entire image.  Tried grouping all the elements then dragging
> the corner out to the desired size. Lost some type and some images distorted.
>  I've also created a PDF of this file and when I tried to print it in "expand
> small pages to paper size" mode, it still printed it 4x5 instead of 8.5 x 11.
>  I don't see any options for such changes in my printer driver either.  What
> am I missing?
>
> Thanks,
> Richard

0
wordwiz (948)

Install #2
I just installed GP10 on a users Windows 7 machine. I went through the process, then changed the dynamics.set file to report to the reports.dic file on the server as we are connecting to a remote server. When I open GP it says I must use utilities first. Fine, GP re-opens in utilities. Then it gives me the option to "Update modified forms and reports? which I do, it points to the local reports.dic, which is odd, but ok. when I click process it errors out saying "reports.dic: unable to open. Any ideas??? Thanks, Matt ...

how do I get publisher 2000 to print avery labels
In Microsoft Publisher 2000, how can I print to Avery label format? File, Page setup, tick labels, the selections are old but there should be an equivalent to your size label. If you are unsure, go to www.avery.com type your Avery number in the search on the left, the search will come back with compatible sizes. For example 5160 is also Avery 15160 15660 18160 18660 5160 5260 5520 5630 5660 5960 8160 8250 8460 -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "KJ Mike" <KJ Mike@discussions.microsoft.com>...

send/receive settings #2
My co-worker and I are both having a problem with setting the leave a copy on the server. We click the box for saving and choose the amount of days to leave on the server. Then when we close outlook and reopen it is gone. The box is no longer checked to save email on the server. What's happening?? Is there a fix for this problem? ...

sent email #2
I am using outlook 2000 with XP and IE7. When I send email it goes through the outbox and then to sent items HOWEVER the people never receive it. Any suggestions? I am currently including myself in all outgoing email to check the problem. hairbychemo wrote: > I am using outlook 2000 with XP and IE7. > > When I send email it goes through the outbox and then to sent items > HOWEVER > the people never receive it. > > Any suggestions? > > I am currently including myself in all outgoing email to check the > problem. Do you get the mail? Basically, once a messa...

Changing case #2
Is there an easy way to change the case of a block of cells containing data from lower case to upper case? If you want to change the case of cell A1 to uppercase, use the following equation: =upper(A1) "Peter Downes" <pjtdownes@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:exy7jcPcFHA.228@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Is there an easy way to change the case of a block of cells containing data > from lower case to upper case? > > A1: abc B1: =UPPER(A1) ---> ABC C1: =PROPER(A1) ---> Abc HTH Ola -- olasa -------------------------------------------------------------...

print quality settings box greyed out
Hi In the page setup is the print quality setting supposed to be greyed out? The reason I ask is because I am supposed to have all worksheets in my workbook the same print quality or I can't convert it in Adobe Acrobat 6. -- Regards ON2DVD Ph 1300799383 http://www.on2dvd.com.au http://dvdquestions.com.au Certain settings are unavailable when you access SetUp from the Print Preview window. Start from <File> <Page SetUp>. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ======================...

Why does doc. in Pub. jump from landscape to portrait when print?
When we create a wide document in Publisher 2003 and want to print it out on Ledger size paper, the document appears fine on the screen, but when you click "print", on the screen, the "paper" on the screen jumps from ledger to portrait, leaving the content off the page, and it prints wrong (off the page). One trick that works sometimes, is to go Page Setup and change paper size from ledger to legal, then back to ledger. Then, change the setting from Landscape to Portrait, then back to Landscape. This will put the document back correctly on the screen, but when y...

2 cash drawers, one closing ????
We have a POS computer with 2 cash drawers, since its two cashiers that works the station at the same shift. My question is, is there a way to have 2 closing? one per cash drawer / cashiers? This sins since both cash drawers are in the same shift and both start with a petty cash. Whats the recommended way to work a shift with 2 cash drawers/cashiers and to properly square off the shift? ...

Exchange 5.5 & W2k SP4 #2
Hi, Can anybody tell me if there are known problems between Exchange 5.5 sp4 and Windows2000 server sp4. thnx Michiel Runs just fine here. See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;821543 MightyM wrote: > Hi, > > Can anybody tell me if there are known problems between Exchange 5.5 sp4 > and Windows2000 server sp4. > > thnx > > Michiel -- Help fight spam - designate sending servers for your domain. http://spf.pobox.com ...

Dynamic range #2
In C2:C65 I have dates as follows (DK standard): 01-01-01 01-02-01 01-03-01 etc. indicating January 2001, February 2001, March 2001 and so on up to 01-04-06 (indicating April 2006) in cell C65. In about a fortnight new data will appear i C66: (01-05-06) and later on C67: (01-06-06) etc. I know how to create a dynamic range if I always had to start from the top, but here I want to be able to enter for example 01-01-05 in cell H1 and the dynamic range should now be, not from the top, but from the cell C51 (which holds 01-01-05) and as far down as I (just now) have data. Hans Knudsen I fou...

CRM 3.0 Installation help...2 errors
Going through the system requirements part of the setup I get a Warning on the IIS part. It cant access the URL-- Error accessing URL http://IRONWOOD-CRM: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error. The second error I get is : Setup failed to validate specified Reporting Services Report Server http://ironwood-crm/ReportServer. Error: Client found response content type of 'text/html; charset=utf-8', but expected 'text/xml'. Chris Holub MCP CCNA 1. Check your IIS and default CRM virtual directory is there issue accecing, can you send me detail or s...

Microsoft Excel #2
Why can't I close my Excel application by clicking the x button in the upper right hand corner of the application. This is Excel 2002. Is there a way to do this? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Seum Is the "x" button grayed out and unavailable? Are using using Groupwise? If that's the problem. See this MSKB article http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;260199 Article is specific for 2000 but I think it is valid for other versions. It gives a workaround (use the file menu) and instructions as to how to remove the Groupwise add-i...

Drawing Graphs #2
Hello, I need to write an application that displays multiple graphs on multiple tabbed sheets in a single window. The graphs are all simple X-Y line graphs like you'd see on an oscilloscope, but with labeled coordinates. I need everything (including the fonts if possible) to scale as I resize the window. I'm debating about using MFC or C#. Is there some standard class or set of functions that supports such graphs or do I need to write my own from the ground up (or buy a 3rd party package)? We've already done this in Java but I'd like to get rid of the Java and r...

DATA DUMP WARNING #2
Maybe the ultimate lesson in this is backup backup backup. Do backups early and often. and use a large cycle - don't write a backup onto the immediately previous media! -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. <DrWoodardOnDS@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:11095315...

email page layout
Somehow the Windows Live Mail page layout changed on my laptop. Instead of the top portion of the page having the senders address and subject on the top and the message on the bottom, I now have the data in three columns: inbox, send, etc senders address and subject message How can I change the layout back to the original? View (ALT+V), Layout, Reading Pane -- Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us "mcalbud" <mcalbud@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2356B046-BE39-4222-A1B2-7C9F77F6FF83@microsoft.com... > Somehow the Windows Live Mail ...

Page icons in Publisher 2000 have disappeared.
My page number icons have disappeared. Now I have to click on "go to page __" to move from page to page. How do I get those icons back? View, Toolbars, Status bar... -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "GabPub" <GabPub@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ED718A66-1F8C-4F59-93DA-71FC7B4CE2E8@microsoft.com... > My page number icons have disappeared. Now I have to click on "go to page __" > to move from page to page. How do I get those icons back? Select View, Tool Bars, Status Bar. That should bring back the page icons. -- Do...

Item scan is not automatically filling in the item
In the POS screen the item scan requires the operator to press enter in order to populate the line. Is there a setting I'm missing? Is there a problem with the database? Please help You have to program your scanner to add an 'enter' after each scan. Check the manual that came with your scanner, it should explain how to do it, usually by scanning a few programming barcodes. They may refer to it as a suffix. Marc "Bill Cunningham" <BillCunningham@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7E83E299-D9A1-4770-AD38-3C65C2AD2706@microsoft.com... > In th...

Error message with CAPICOM 2.1.0.2 Not enough storage is available
Hi everybody, I need some help. With CAPICOM 2.1.0.1, when I try to store certificates from a smart card I use Store := CoStore.Create; Cert:=CreateComObject(CLASS_Certificate) as ICertificate2; Store.Open(CAPICOM_SMART_CARD_USER_STORE, 'MY',CAPICOM_STORE_OPEN_READ_ONLY); without any problem. I have updated with CAPICOM 2.1.0.2, and the same code produces an error message:"Not enough storage is available to complete this operation" when store.open. I need use this library. My os is Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version 2002. SP3. My Internet e...

I have MS Office XP Prof. & need System Office pack 2.0 or later
I just recently installed the Windows 7 Operating System on my computer. I use Microsoft Office XP Professional as my office software. While editing a document I received the following message: " The Office Assistant requires Microsoft Agent 2.0 or later. This product is available on the Office System Pack." Where can I get this? The link to request a hotfix is here: <http://support.microsoft.com/hotfix/KBHotfix.aspx?kbnum=969168&kbln=en-us> The full article is here: <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/969168> hth Sabrina wrote: > &g...

Org Chart:1 Manager 2 Sections
How do I divide two work sections of employees under one manager? I tried arranging the first set of staff under a vertical alignment and wrapping a team frame around them, but when I add positions to create the 2nd team, they are aligned the same. If I arrange the employees horizontally, members are randomly assigned to the left or right, breaking the team arrangments. ...

Print Layout view as default view
We are using Outlook 2003 with MS Word as our default editor. When opeing attachments in Outlook the view is magnified forcing the attachment to span over say 4 pages instead of two - two being the actual number of pages in the attachment. If we go to view/print layout then the attachment appears as we would like it to. How can the default view be set to the pront layout for attachments? Thank you - ...

Printing Invoices in Money SB 2004
I'm creating invoices in the Small Business Edition of Money 2004. Problem is, in some cases I can create an invoice for a client, finalise the invoice, and print it straight off. In other cases I need to create the invoice and then hold back on the printing of it so that I can add more items to that invoice later in the month. What I need is some sort of 'flag' that I can set so that I know which invoices that I have already printed and which I have not at the end of the month. I guess that I could keep a manual list (on paper) but that would seem to undermine the purpose of...

format numbers #2
I have a list of audio books in an excel 2003 spreadsheet. One column should show the duration of the book in this format: 8 hrs 23 mins. But what shows in the column is a 5 digit number, such as 54463 as an example. I cannot figure out how to format this column to translate this number into the hrs and mins of the actual book. Could someone please tell me how to do this? Thanks for your help Joanne Joanne Where does this number come from? It does not seem to relate to 8 hours 23 minutes at all (eg it isn't the total minutes for example or seconds). What is the source of this informa...

unable to read file #2
For some reason all of a sudden I am trying to open a Workbook and I am getting an "unable to read file". This is a workbook that I have opened before. It is a workbook that I "Save AS" and change the name with new data on a weekly basis so I have data for every week since april. I can open every week but for some reason can not open this one. Any suggestions as to what I can do? thanks Try 'www.fdrlab.com' (http://www.fdrlab.com/repair.html) They can recover corrupt workbooks with all contained information including comments, VBA, charts, links etc. 35$ ...

need help with tables so form okat- multiple equipment for 1 job
Here goes. I know this should be simple not sure why I can't see this right. Here is what I want to end up with not sure the best way to set up the tables to get what I want. and/or best way to create the form(from a query) or using form wizard pulling in tables that I need. I want to END up with a Form for all possible JOBS(cleaning jobs) with equipment needed and soaps needed for each job. There are many pieces of equipment for each job - mop, bucket, etc.(can't figure out how to get this in a form without listing with a comma) Have so far - don't thinks the tables a...