possible to create new doc with no template colors?

Hi. When sending a publisher 2007 document to the printer upon opening at the
Printer's workplace, Publisher substitutes colors from a template color theme
changing all the colors I assigned to the document.  A staffer originally
created the document from a template and then changed some colors on the
page, which seems to be the problem.  Is there a way to get rid of the
template color info?  Also, is there any way to create a new, blank document
in publisher that does not have any template colors applied to it? I simple
cannot see how to create a new blank document as in the past.  The "file"
>"new" dialog box only offers templates.  Am I stupid (be nice) or am I
missing something here?  Thanks.

'Hope this is what you are looking for:

Start Publisher, Tools, Options, General Tab,

Uncheck "Use catalog at startup"

--
Don - Publisher 2000�
Vancouver, USA

"Tony Media Director" <Tony Media Director@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:A80B9B86-7270-486B-87D6-AED9B8FFC7B2@microsoft.com...
> Hi. When sending a publisher 2007 document to the printer upon opening at
> the
> Printer's workplace, Publisher substitutes colors from a template color
> theme
> changing all the colors I assigned to the document.  A staffer originally
> created the document from a template and then changed some colors on the
> page, which seems to be the problem.  Is there a way to get rid of the
> template color info?  Also, is there any way to create a new, blank
> document
> in publisher that does not have any template colors applied to it? I
> simple
> cannot see how to create a new blank document as in the past.  The "file"
>>"new" dialog box only offers templates.  Am I stupid (be nice) or am I
> missing something here?  Thanks.

0
Don

Is there ANY possibility to view embedded PDF object in XLS file after when this xls file is digitally signed?
Hello, I created an XLS file with an embedded pdf object. I can view this object when I double click on its icon. However, if I sign this xls file, I am no longer able to view this embedded PDF object. If I double click on its icon, nothing happen. I am concerned in this last two days with no results. I appreciated any advice. Mike ...

Category color changes when changing values.
When I copy a chart I get two identical ones. When I change the values of one of the charts and sort the values, Excel changes the colors of the categories to a preset order, so that the color of the biggest customer in chart 1 is not the same as this same customer (let's say now on the third place) in chart 2. Is there a way to prevent this? ...

hyperlink open in new window
How do you create a hyperlink and have it open in a new window? refer to http://www.davidbartosik.com/pub2002/pub2002_13.htm -- David Bartosik - MS MVP for Publisher help: www.davidbartosik.com enter to win Pub 2003: www.davidbartosik.com/giveaway.aspx "sharin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2180BE5B-1783-4F9A-A167-D8E3BF34B3CC@microsoft.com... > How do you create a hyperlink and have it open in a new window? ...

New appointment, nothing happens
Hi, suddenly I'm no longer able to add appointments to my calendar. Nothing happens when trying. I also tried to sync my mobile calendar to it and it seems to sync just fine, but it will not add any new appointments. Any suggestions ? (outlook 2003, winxp pro) Thanks, Jorgen Sorry, just figured out the (possible) cause: I had a microsoft update pending, after innstallation and reboot everything is fine. Jorgen "JGH" <nospam@thanks.org> wrote in message news:eyVH5TpwGHA.1296@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi, suddenly I'm no longer able to add appointments to...

Moving my Outlook files to new computer
How can I move my Outlook 2003 files (Contacts, Calendar, mail, etc) to a new computer? ...

New Project, Different Problem: AutoFilter?
I'm creating a database of outside trainers. Each trainer can handle multiple categories of training. It is essential that the training manager be able to create lists for specific categories as the need arises, as well as being able to do more standard sorts such as Name. Rather than making multiple entries for each Trainer (one for each category, which may reach 10+), I'd like to allow multiple entries in the Category column utilizing a key for each category. It seems that AutoFilter would be the ideal method for creating this db. Well, actually Advanced AutoFilter, since...

create bar in timeline like a Gantt
I would really appreciate your help. I have a weird one! I have built a horizontal time line at the top of an Excel sheet. VBA code collects the start and end dates of a date range. How can I build a bar on the row below the time line, like in a Gantt chart? I would also like to put a name within the bar. Collecting the start and end dates, navigating to the timeline sheet and the row below the time line is OK, but I can’t find the code for creating the bar. Knowing the start and end dates I guess I could relate them to the spreadsheet columns, but how do I connect them wi...

Exposing Creating User's team membership
Hi, Can anyone demonstrate (or point me in the right direction) the following:- We have a number of sites, and a number of teams which map directly to the sites and have the same name as the site (eg siteA has a corresponding team called siteA). When in an opportunity, I would like to obtain the value of the creating user's team, and use this to set a value in another picklist. I am having trouble retrieving the team membership of the user that created the opportunity. Does anyone know of a way to do this? I am not even sure where to start looking at this. Thanks Fentp Hi Fen...

Create form similar to MS Access 2000 Help
Is it possible to create a form that works similar to the Help - Index form in Access 2000? My StreetTable consists of the following fields: Street_ID(autonumber), StreetName(text), Directions(memo). I want to be able to type the beginning letters of the street and the List of StreetNames continually reduces until I see the street I need in the StreetNames window. I would then click on that street and the Directions would appear in the third window panel. Since I'm dealing with approx. 5000 streets, scrolling really isn't an option that I want to consider. I found that a combo ...

Is this possible #5
Hi, Is this possible: in a combobox, in the attribute listfillrange to link to another workbook like '\\servername\share\folder\file.xls'Data!A2:B10 I have a combobox with listfillrange Data!A2:B10 refering to a hidden sheet named data. But i want to move that sheet to a seperate file and then link the data from that book. Thanks Paal --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ I have not tried it with a combo box, but it works when used in a formula (I use it extesively with lookups) ='ServerDriveName:\FolderPath\[FileName.xls]WorkSheetName'! $A$1:$A$10) Hope t...

Multiple colors transparent in picture-HOW?
I am trying to make multiple areas of a picture partially transparent, but am unable to in Publisher. What programs would allow me to make this change? If it is a bitmap, i.e. jpg, bmp and others, you need to use a photo editing program. If it is a vector (.wmf) you can ungroup the image, select the area you want partially transparent, right-click, click format object. This link will take you to Paint.NET, it is a pretty good free program. http://www.eecs.wsu.edu/paint.net/index.html -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com ...

Create a new instance of a class that is a reference
Hi all, I am trying to make a class that when you create a 2nd instance the second instance will be a reference to the first. Public Class ClassA Private Shared tableList As Hashtable Public myInt as integer = 0 Public Sub New() MyBase.New() InitializeValues() End Sub Private Function openTable() As Boolean If (tableList Is Nothing) Then tableList = New Hashtable() End If If (tableList.ContainsKey(TABLE)) Then SetReference(Me, tableList(TABLE)) OpenCount += 1 Else ...

Quotation mark key produces << instead of " in Word doc from PC
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I am updating a document that was created in Word on a PC several years ago. When I viewed it all the ' had become =. I found out in the forum how to fix that. But more important, I do not seem to be able to type a quotation mark. When I hit Shift &quot;, I get a symbol that looks like a doubled >. The symbol doesn't even exist on my keyboard. I suspect that I can go to Insert, Symbols, and get the proper &quot;, but this is a syllabus for a class that I teach year after year, updating t...

Tracking Changes

Create Outlook Folders on external drive
How can I create an Outlook Folder (.pst) on another hard drive leter. I want to free up hard drive space without removing emails. I can see how to archive to an external drive, but I want an active, accessible folder on an external drive and have it show up in the Personal Folders list in Outlook. I want to be able to move email from the Inbox to folders on the external drive and be able to view them "realtime" from that folder or folders. At work the IT guys do it on a network drive. We can read or move email to and from folders on the network drive. I want to do that wi...

Please help with New Database Query
Newbie to New Database Query - Can you change a spreadsheet to a table if so how? I have a lot of spreadsheets that I would like to work with in New Database Query. Can this be done. Any help will be greatly appreciated. In general, if you select a range and give it a name....MS Query will recognize it as a data source: Example for data in Cells A1:Z500, with column headings (EmpID, FName, Lname, etc): Select A1:Z500 In the Names box (just above the Col_A heading) type rngMyData1 Press [Enter] Next, save your workbook. Then...Data>Import External Data>New Database Query When y...

Cannot add new account to Money 2006
Hi all, I've bought Money 2006 std at last week, and first I've tried to import my Money 2000 file. The Money 2006 said that the file is not importable. OK. I've tried to create new file, which was successfully created, but I cannot add any new account. I've always got the same error message: The operation cannot be performed. Details: Product: Money ID: obres:34 Source: 15.0 Version: 15.0 Symbolic name: errUnknown Message: This operation cannot be performed. Reason Usually caused by a corrupt file. User Operation Run the Money File Repair tool to fix th...

Switchboard created with Switchboard Manager doesn't open
Greetings All, The Switchboard I created with the Switchboard Manager wouldn't open when the dB is opened. So I went to Tools -> Database Utilities -> Switchboard Manager, chose my switchboard (that already said (Default)), and clicked the "Make Default" button. The switchboard still does not open when the db is opened. In fact, it doesn't even exist, as far as I can see. It doesn't show in the Forms window, and when I went into Tools -> Startup -> Display Form/Page box and looked for it, it wasn't there. I created a Form I am using as a Switchboard fo...

New computer and office 2007
I ordered a new computer at work and already have office 2007. I want to activate it on the new one and deactivate it on the old one. Has anyone done this or what will I have to do? I did a search on Microsoft and didn't get any hits on it. Thanks, Lee "Neophyte" <wleecoleman@.nospam.ev1.net> wrote in message news:%237S3ME1KJHA.3496@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I ordered a new computer at work and already have office 2007. I want to >activate it on the new one and deactivate it on the old one. Has anyone >done this or what will I have to do? I did a search on...

Create hyperlinks using VLOOKUP?
I would like to enter a model number(CM3636a) in A1. When entered, is there a way to lookup in a table and create a hyperlink automatically? I have hundreds of model numbers which I want to associate a diagram(jpg). I only want to do this once, then everytime the same model number is entered, a link is created to that diagram. Can anyone think of any ingenious ideas on how to achieve something like this? Joe Hi if you have the name of a file in column b try something like =HYPERLINK("C:\temp\" & VLOOKUP(A1,'lookuptable'!A1:B100,2,0) & ".jpg") -- Regards...

Is it possible to measure/display the column width with a cell function?
Wednesday afternoon Is it possible to measure/display the column width with a cell function? I need to adjust some columns for a report. But I cannot find a way to display the current width in units that I can then place in a VBA macro. Would be very good to have the macro read the values entered in a set of columns and change the width accordingly. (This is very easy in Quattro pro.) J Have a look at ShowWidth at: http://www.sulprobil.com/html/get_cell.html HTH, Bernd -- Use non-volatile INDEX(P11:IV65536,1+w,1+y):INDEX(P11:IV65536,w+y,x+z) instead of volatile OFFSET(P11,w,x,y,z)...

RMS CAPN Complainance with Visa & Mastercard new PCI Standard?
Hello, Does anyone if RMS v1.2 and/or other version is CAPN Complainance with Visa and Mastercard new PCI Standard? I am looking to upgrade our PC Charge to the new version for PCI Standard, but I have learn that our RMS v1.2 must be pushing the new fill that PCI standard is requiring "62.23" to PC Charge so they can send it to our processor. ED ...

New Record question 01-17-08
DoCmd.Close acForm, "Invoice Database Launch", acSaveYes DoCmd.OpenForm "Invoice Tracker New Entry", acNormal Application.Forms("Invoice Tracker New Entry").Caption = "CREATE INVOICE" DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec When I use the above code. It creates a blank record in the datasheet. Is there a way to delete the record if it is blank and keep the record if there are data in it? There is always a new, empty record at the end of a datasheet unless you have set AllowNewRecords to False, or your query is not updateable. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP,...

when copying highlight color has changed to black. change to defau
My highlight color has changed to black when I highlight to copy. I would like to change the color back to light blue. This is a Windows setting which you can change in Control Panel. I don't know the exact location for the newer Windows versions, but in Windows XP, double-click Display (in Control Panel). On the Appearance tab, click Advanced. In the list box, choose "Selected Items" and specify the desired color. When you are done, click OK twice. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "wlmehciz" <wlmehciz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

create drop ship purchase orders from Field Service
I spoke to a customer at Convergence who would like to be able to create drop ship purchase orders from the Service Call Entry Parts window. Currently only standard purchase orders can be generated from the Create PO window. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message...