Pitcher it publishing 2001

I used Pitcher it publishing on my computer with xp but can't load it on
vista.  I tried to find another product that will let me work with graphics
that will work with vista and can't find one that will let me cut out objects
(create a cutout with edge finder)  I can't afford $200 on up for a software!
 Is there something I can do so I can load my pitcher it publishing or get an
upgrade that will do the same thing?
0
Shirl (6)

"Picture It Publishing" is/was not "Publisher". Since you need a graphics
program I would suggest Adobe Photoshop Elements. It's ~$100, sometimes
less. Well worth the expense.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Shirl" <Shirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I used Pitcher it publishing on my computer with xp but can't load it on
> vista.  I tried to find another product that will let me work with
> graphics
> that will work with vista and can't find one that will let me cut out
> objects
> (create a cutout with edge finder)  I can't afford $200 on up for a
> software!
> Is there something I can do so I can load my pitcher it publishing or get
> an
> upgrade that will do the same thing?

0
jl_paules (2769)
2/5/2008 6:01:36 PM
You could try Paint.NET. It has masking capabilities for what you call "cutout".
Best part it is free.
http://www.getpaint.net/

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Shirl" <Shirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I used Pitcher it publishing on my computer with xp but can't load it on
> vista.  I tried to find another product that will let me work with graphics
> that will work with vista and can't find one that will let me cut out objects
> (create a cutout with edge finder)  I can't afford $200 on up for a software!
> Is there something I can do so I can load my pitcher it publishing or get an
> upgrade that will do the same thing?

0
mary-sauer (6480)
2/5/2008 6:13:33 PM
Shirl wrote:
> I used Pitcher it publishing on my computer with xp but can't load it
> on vista.  I tried to find another product that will let me work with
> graphics that will work with vista and can't find one that will let
> me cut out objects (create a cutout with edge finder)  I can't afford
> $200 on up for a software! Is there something I can do so I can load
> my pitcher it publishing or get an upgrade that will do the same
> thing?
======================================
As you have discovered...Picture It! Publishing 2001
will not run on Vista.

Your best bet would be to find a copy of:
"Microsoft Digital Image Suite 2006 Anniversary Edition"
This product will be compatibile with any .mix or .php
files you have saved from your current 2001 version.
And it is optimized for Vista.

The Picture It! / Digital Image line of software has been
discontinued but copies can still be found on sites like
Amazon and eBay.

There's a 60 day trial version available for
download if you would like to give it a try:

Microsoft Digital Image
Starter Edition 2006
http://tinyurl.com/28loxr
(this product line has been
discontinued but you can still
download the Starter Version
and run it for 60 days)

Unlike the retail version...the trial does not
have the ability to create VCDs and it does
not include the clipart and pre-formatted
projects.

--

       John Inzer
    MS Picture It! -

      Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://support.microsoft.com/ph/695

            Notice
This is not tech support
      I am a volunteer

 Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

0
oobie (2069)

how do I install templates into office 2003 publisher
I downloaded CD Label and Jewel Case Inserts from Poly Line. My problem is I find no way of installing them in MS Office 2003 Publisher. I also downloaded their templates for Word 2003 and they install fine but Word doesn't work like Publisher. I ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I A...

how can I create sequentially numbered tickets on Publisher?
I'm creating theatre tickets in publisher and need to sequentially number each indivdual ticket. How do I do this? Use mail merge -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "phuerta85" <phuerta85@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D6A7D2E3-A976-47F5-90E9-5E0EFAC9327A@microsoft.com... > I'm creating theatre tickets in publisher and need to sequentially number > each indivdual ticket. How do I do this? ...

Publisher
How do I do to add a swf in the page created in the publisher 2003? Have you tried searching the archives of the publisher.webdesign group? I believe it's been discussed before. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Beto" <Beto@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C1387416-8CFB-43FD-A372-1D5CE4094EBA@microsoft.com... > How do I do to add a swf in the page created in the publisher 2003? > Beto wrote: > How do I do to add a swf in the page created in the publisher 2003? You have already posted this once - this isn't MS - learn to h...

publisher 2002: fonts print as squares
I have tried the suggestion of reinstalling adobe type manager, removing some font files as microsoft website suggests and still no luck. any suggestions? Hi PAUL (paulipclasalle@aol.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I have tried the suggestion of reinstalling adobe type || manager, removing some font files as microsoft website || suggests and still no luck. any suggestions? Microsoft Office Publisher 2003 and older are critical about printer drivers. Usually upgrading (or downgrading in some cases) will fix the problems you are encountering. If you have not already done so, you wou...

merging MS Publisher files
I have a document of several chapters, each of which is a separate MS Publisher file. I'd like now to make them all into one file. Can I do this easily, or must I insert new pages and cut and paste the content of each new page? Thanks Peter You must insert new pages and copy and paste the text over. You can have as many instances of Publisher open at once up to the resources of your computer, so that does help matters. -- After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Paxo <mrpaxo@yahoo.com>... > I have a document of several chapters, each of w...

How do I set the printer margins in Publisher?
I'm trying to print a brochure, but I'm having trouble with the left margin. In the design view I can set the margins and layout the graphics and text exactly as I want. But in the print preview, or actually printing, there is about a 3/4" margin on the left. (No problems with the right, top or bottom margins: they are about 1/4" each.) Please do not tell me this is a printer limitation. This problem does NOT occur in Word, Excel or PowerPoint--only in Publisher! (By the way, why doesn't Publisher have the nice drag-n-drop margins that Word and Excel have?) I am no...

How do I find a copy of Publisher 2002?
Hi, I am looking to order a new copy of Publisher 2002. I have a new project that my client wants to do on Publisher. I have not yet upgraded to XP and am still on Windows 98, so Publisher 2003 won't work on my (yes I know) outdated computer. How can I find a new copy of Publisher 2002 which will work on 98? I'm uncomfortable ordering from some of the unknown sites that come up in a google search. Any suggestions? Ebay? Or you could try Sams Club, BJs, or Costco. They may have some older software. We have a buyout company called Ollies in this are. (Their motto is "G...

How do I change indent size in Publisher?
hommie_g27 wrote: In Publisher 2003: Format > Paragraph In Publisher 2002: Format > Indents and Lists -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...

Publisher 2k3 with Canon ip4000
Hello, All! I am having a problem printing photos from publisher to my canon printer and was hoping someone here had the same setup. The problem is 'somewhat minor' - when I print what should be borderless there is alway a small (maybe 1/4 inch) unprinted strip on one end of the photo. I can expand the photo in publisher to cover the whole page, i.e. beyond the normal margins and the strip remains. Anyone with this setup here and have you seen the same problem or do you know a way around it? Thanks, Colonel Blip. E-mail: colonelblip.no.spam.please@bigfoot.com Have you asked...

Clipart problem in Publisher 2003
in the Clip Art task pane, the missing clips appear with title Dglxasset.htm. I cannot figure out how to solve this problem. I deleted all temp. internet files and that does not work. Some clipart is alright, but most of them appear with the Dglxasset.htm box. -- J. Zahra Compact the Organizer, Open the Organizer from start, Microsoft Office Tools, Microsoft Clip Organizer, Tools, Compact. There is also a detect and repair under the Help menu. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Joseph" <Joseph@discussi...

Publisher to PDF #4
How do I take a publisher newsletter and convert it to a PDF file? please respond to my email spanishspringssound@yahoo.com Thank you kelly What version Publisher? Do you have a PDF conversion program? There are free PDF converters around. http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=free+pdf+converter If you are using 2007 Microsoft has a *save as PDF* add-in. https://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4D951911-3E7E-4AE6-B059-A2E79ED87041&displaylang=en -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "kelly" <kelly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DEF...

Problems Publishing a pdf File
I installed Office 2007 a month ago and was using the "Publish as PDF" in Publisher with beautiful results! Then, I took the same file, made some changes and now when I "Publish as PDF" the graphics that had transparent backgrounds now have black backgrounds. I finally discovered the difference! In Adobe Reader v9 which was on there all along, clicking File/Properties on the first file says that PDF Producer is "Office Publisher 2007". The PDF version is "1.5 (Acrobat 6.x)". The pdf file that is messing up has the PDF version as "1.4 (Acrobat...

how to email merge in Publisher?
I am looking for information on how to perform EMAIL merge in publisher... I have a publication ready with me and need to send to this to a lot of email addresses contained in an Excel file.. Regards Abhishek Kant AbhishekK_India <abhishek@online.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I am looking for information on how to perform EMAIL merge in > publisher... > I have a publication ready with me and need to send to this to a lot > of email addresses contained in an Excel file.. You can use the Send Page As Email feature to email the publication to a list...

installation of publisher 2003 #2
I have Office 2003 loaded on my pc, but don't have Publisher. My boss wants me to do some work at home using Publisher, so I want to install it from the Office Pro disk. However, when I opt to just install Publisher (on install wizard), it looks like I am agreeing to remove all my other Office programs by unchecking them and that is definitely not what I want to do. How can I just install Publisher 2003 and safeguard all my other 2003 programs? -- Need help You don't need to agree to remove Office to install Publisher. Are you installing from the Control Panel? It maybe clea...

Search text in folder of publisher files?
Can you search text in folder of publisher files. Google desktop style of program, but pub files are not on supported list. -- ks_paper ...

how do i do endnote referencing in publisher?
how do i insert endnote referencing in publisher? thanks! resse wrote: > how do i insert endnote referencing in publisher? By hand. Publisher doesn't have footnoting/endnoting features; you have to manually create a separate textbox with your footnotes and endnotes in, and keep them numbered properly yourself. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org ...

Publisher Won't Install
That's my issue. I have Microsoft Publisher, and whenever i try to install it, i get an error saying "Error: Source has been corrupted. Cannot continue installation." and yet, i can open the Office1.CAB file without any corruption. how can i get Publisher 2002 to Install under Windows XP Pro? it only does it under that operating system. Used to work in Win98 and 2000 Pro perfectly. You can try checking out: Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301&Product=off2003 Or you can call Microsoft direc...

Purchase Publisher 2000 for Teachers
I'm teaching teachers how to use Publisher and publish their class newsletters to the web. We're looking for 15 Publisher 2000 licenses to purchase, since this is the only version of Publisher that will upload to the web through our mail server. Can anyone suggest where we could purchase this software relatively cheaply. Our district traded out Office 2000 licenses for 2003, so we don't have access and will have to personally purchase it - even though it is for school use. Thanks! Amazon has Publisher 2000 from $15 http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=sea...

error message: publisher cannot open this file
I used to be able to create a custom border for my publisher projects. Now everytime I try to, I click on the clip art I want, but then it says "publisher can't open this file". So, I can't do any custom borders. Anybody know how to fix this? What kind of file are you trying to use for the border? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "ineedhelp" <ineedhelp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:065AE492-A5B5-4F14-A973-70DF8CC04D04@microsoft.com... >I used to be able to create a custom border for my publisher projects. Now > ...

Transfer Publisher 2002 from Old Computer to New
What do I have to do to transfer the Publisher 2002 Software to a new computer? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Dave Goltz <dgoltz@sbcglobal.net>... > What do I have to do to transfer the Publisher 2002 > Software to a new computer? Uninstall Publisher from the old PC Install it on the new PC Activate (you may need to use Phone Activation) -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm Install Publisher 2002 from the orig...

How do I set up a mail merge in Publisher e-mail?
I want to set up a bulk mail e-mail letter that includes the recipient's name in the body of the e-mail as a salutation. Has anyone done this? Can it be done? If so, what is the process? Thanks for any help yo can provide. Kathy <Kathy@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I want to set up a bulk mail e-mail letter that includes the > recipient's name in the body of the e-mail as a salutation. Has > anyone done this? Can it be done? Nope and nope. Sorry! -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher Snail mail spam - novel concept, q...

Visio 2010 SDK
I downloaded the VIsio 2010 SDK so I could update some published Stencils and Templates for Visio 2010.... I previously had them published under 2007, so I'm famaliar with the tools... I've got two problems with the new Solution Publishing tool... First: If I choose to publish the Stencil or Template using the "2003 or later" checkbox (under Stencil Information or Template Information dialog boxes, respectivly)... Neither the Stencils or Templates show up in Visio 2010. However, if I choose "Visio 2010 only" as the option, then the stencil or...

Publisher
Why does Publisher tend to have a delay when typing into the calendar and items move at will? Is their any way to correct this? ...

Publisher just started printing wrong colors
This problem just started today, and only when using Publisher A deep blues sky is printing orange, and pink skin is printing light blue. I tried printing the jpg outside of Publisher, and it looks fine. I've changed the color scheme in Publisher to black, and black/grey, but that did nothing. I changed ink cartridges (both the black and the tri-color) and ran the HP utility to clean the print heads, all to no avail. Any suggestions? TIA What version Publisher? Publisher is more critical about printer drivers. Check with HP for an updated driver. They also have good support doc...

How do you download new fonts to Publisher, Windows Vista?
My new Publisher doesn't have Mead Bold Font. Where is the best place to download the font? toon Humorous Illustrations http:www.monroeartist.com Mead Bold was bundled with Access 97 SR2, Creative Writer 2, Office 97 Small Business Edition SR2, Office 97 SR1a, Publisher 97 You also can find Mead Bold here http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~gordeon/fonts.html -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Toon" <Toon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:47154F21-1693-4109-9E16-B8E0F1C6FD20@microsoft.com...