Pictures Not Showing up

Hello,

When I create a flyer or whatever in Publisher 2003, with pictures and
either e-mail it to my boss or give it to her on a flash drive, none of the
pictures show up.

I have tried pack-n-go and just sending her the publisher file. I make sure
she has a file on her laptop with all the pictures I use.We have repaired and
re-installed Publisher on her laptop. If you click where the picture should
be, the box will show, but no picture.

Any suggestions as to why this is happening?  What am I not doing?  We are
both getting very frustrated by this.

Thanks for your help.

Sherry
0
SherryG (1)

Have you read http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs ?

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org

Problems with pasting pictures
I recently installed Publsiher 2000. When I copy a picture and then paste it into a publsiher 2000 document, a white box appears with a large black cross in instead of the picture I copied. How can I get the picture I copy to actually paste into publisher? Pub 2000 here also. Take a look at View, Picture display... You may have the third option checked. -- Don Vancouver, USA "njj200" <njj200@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FB8EC5B8-A9C3-4968-B060-E76A497D302A@microsoft.com... > I recently installed Publsiher 2000. When I copy a picture and then p...

How to show day of week
I have a form, one of the fields is called ShipDate. On this form, I would like to have right beside the field a single letter (or 2 - Th for Thursday) indicating the day of the week that the ShipDate is. For example, if the ShipDate contained 3/22/10, right beside that I would like a M (for Monday). I don't have a lot of room on the form to put the whole thing (Monday) Thanks, Darrell Never mind, I found it. Sorry, I got a little lazy and forgot to search first. I'm using =Format(ShipDate, "ddd") I think I can live with 3 characters On 3/25/10 11:59 AM, ...

Drop Down Tab not showing-Tried Everything
I am working on a massive spreadsheet that would take weeks to redo. All of a sudden I can see the validation lists on 3 out of 120 sheets. Was working ok this morning. I have the "Show drop down" checked and my Tools/Options are set to Show on. I am working in version 2000. My file must be corropted. How can I fix?? Thanks, Barb ...

clistctrl drag image not showing text
I am using a class derived from clistctrl. I am using the CreateDragImage function to create the image shown when dragging. My understanding is that this should create an image of both the icon displayed as well as the text for the particular item I am dragging, however all I am getting is the icon with no text. I am sure this has something to do with the fact that this is a derived class, but does anyone know any other workarounds for getting the text to display in the drag image? Thanks, Derrick could i create a bitmap from the rect of the selected item on screen and use that bitmap for t...

Subform causes Main Form to show the same record multiple times
I have a form named Patients Info with a subform on it for Household Members. The Patients Info form is created from the table: Patients and the Household Members subform is created from the table:FedPovertyLevel. The table Patients is related to the table FedPovertyLevel in a one to many relationship. The problem I have is that when a second, third, etc Household Member is added, the button for the record selector on the main form now has to be clicked forward by the number of household members. For Example, if only one name is entered as a Household member, there is only ...

Printouts of emails not showing the attachment icons etc.,
Hello, Recently upgraded to Outlook 2003 due to Exchange etc., and one of our bosses was taken off Outlook Express and put on Outlook 2003. His latest gripe is that when he used to print emails out in OE, it would show the attachments that came with that email (just the icons indicating there were attachements), and that Outlook does not do this. The Outlook 2K3 shows me how to print the attachments themselves out (which is not what I want), and there is one article on Google about this some time ago where no one gave an answer, but there a few "me too" type responses from other peo...

Contact search fails to show results
The search fuction in Outlok works in mail and tasks and gives results, but fails to do so when searching for conacts (immediatedly shows 0 results). I think many people have had the same problem but mine is confined to the contact search (vista 32 and outlook 07). I have always used the Contacts Lookup window in the toolbar. Works a treat on surname and firstname. Unreliable on Company. You don't even need to have the Contacts folder open - ie you can be in your Inbox and type into the Contacts Lookup window. Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook www.judygleeson.com...

Outlook showing appointments as all day events when they are not
I am a (relatively) new user to outlook (XP home running under win98). Having set up a whole series of appointments (most of which are weekly reoccuring) outlook today is reporting some of them as all day events when they are not. Help suggests unchecking the all day event box - the check box is not showing on the problematic items - the items do not span more than (say) two hours and do not cross days. Have checked knowledge base cannot find anything - any ideas please? What do you show as the start and end times for any example appointment that exhibits this behavior? --� Milly Sta...

Inserting picture stored in an Access DB table
I would like to insert a picture in a given cell. This picture is stored in a table in an Access DB. How can I accomplish this? Thanks hi pictures and other objects cannot be inserted into cells. objects "float" on top of the sheet. the closest you might get is to insert the picture into a comment. see this site. http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments02.html#Picture regards FSt1 "Jess" wrote: > I would like to insert a picture in a given cell. This picture is stored in a > table in an Access DB. How can I accomplish this? > > Thanks...

error showing overdue balance yet customer shows paid
Why do I have an overdue amount for one customer, yet all payments have been "received". Repairs don't help. Thanks? Jo ...

Showing the percentage of a total in Excel
I would like to add a percentage to a figure but wish to show the amount added rather than the total. For example: $1000.00 + 25% = $250.00 At the moment I can only get the formula to show: $1000.00 + 25% = $1250.00 Any help would be much appreciated! So, how about =A1*.25? ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "jakeyboy" <jakeyboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9C22D37-5294-4FA2-8153-B2171EE05162@microsoft.com... > I would like to add a percentage to a figure but wish to show the amount > added rather than the total. > >...

Hyperlinks not showing up after mail merge launched from Word
I have a Word document with a URL in it. When I do a mail merge and send thru Outlook my URL is not coming up as a hyperlink to the recipient. It is showing in my document however. Any suggestions? Thanks much! ...

I can no longer see the pictures in a Publisher document?
I have created a publisher document with many images. Now when I open the file no images can be seen. If I convert the file to PDF the images are again visible. If >view, pictures, detailed display isn't solving this... Slide the acceleration down on your adapter, control panel, display folder, settings tab, advanced button, troubleshoot tab, If this is your solution you need to go to the web site of your video card and look around for an upgraded driver. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Phil Elliott&qu...

Search formula showing results plus 100 characters
I use a formula to find text in a particular text and ask the results plus the next 100 characters to display in another cell. I was wondering if there was a way to show the proceeding characters. The formula i am using is: =MID($G6&$H6,SEARCH(C$2,$G6&$H6),100) =LEFT(G6&H6,SEARCH(C2,C6&H6)-1) "Deb" <Deb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D4226FC3-1108-4C51-8563-12B32E2C0231@microsoft.com... > I use a formula to find text in a particular text and ask the results plus > the next 100 characters to display in another cell. I was w...

Rolling chart to show 13 months back from current month
I am using names andd offset to create a 13 month chart which rolls forward automatically. however it only updates when a new month is added, i want it to display the 13 months up to a particular month - held in a separate cell. currently: x-axis labels uses the name chtCts =OFFSET('Data'!$A$3,COUNTA('Data'!$A$3:$A$27)-1,0,-MIN(chtLenn,COUNTA('Data'!$A$3:$A$27)-1),1) data: =OFFSET(chtCts,0,1) table looks like this: COLA COLB Month Data J 3 F 4 M 5 A 6 M . J . J . A S O N D J So at the moment it ...

How can OL2000 show picture directly?
Post your questions in the body, not the Subject. By design, Outlook does not display attached images inline. Outlook is a business application. OE is targeted to consumers and the needs of the two groups are different in this area. Exchange Administrators consider inline display a security issue and don't want it. Outlook only shows images inline with HTML mail items or RTF mail items with OLE embedded images. Images in plain text mail items only show as attachments (that you can open or save). -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Litchee" <wonfer@hotmail.com> wrote...

ShowAllData works when filtered, error code when all showing?
I have a PRINT ALL macro with button on a sheet. There are 2 other print macros each filtering the data by 2 criteria. The 3rd, however, is to print the entire worksheet without filters and I put the ShowAllData code at the beginning before doing the sort and bringing up the print dialogue box:\ ActiveSheet.ShowAllData Application.Goto Reference:="R1C4" Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("B2"), Order1:=xlAscending, Key2:=Range("C2") _ , Order2:=xlAscending, Header:=xlGuess, OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:= _ False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom ...

Meeting
When I set up a meeting and list the attendees, these individuals do not get a option to accept or decline. I have requested a response. Whats wrong Are you sending using Outlook Rich Text Format? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Deb asked: | When I set up a meeting and list the attendees, these | individuals do not get a option to accept or decline...

eseutil shows errors after server crash
Hi List, i run exchange Server under SBS2000. I had some Hardwareproblems (memory faults), so my exchange crashed 3 times. Now every thing runs fine, but eseutil shows a -1206 error in priv1.edb after eseutil /g. What can i do to solve tis?? regards from germany Andreas I cant tell you what's causing the -1206 error message but if I were you I would run an integrity check using isinteg -s yourservername -fix -test alltests which will fix the problems if any is found. Jamelia "Andreas Wahlert" <andreas.wahlert@no_spam_gmx.de> wrote in message news:OmBwXjL9EH...

how to show taxes in checking from ira distribution
I started getting distributions from an IRA that flow into my checking account. The bank holding the IRA takes out fed taxes and state taxes before depositing the amount into my checking account. In my MS Money checkbook, how do I show the taxes coming out? If I select Transfer to move the money into my checking account, I can see the IRA account it should be coming from, but then the full amount would flow into my checking account and I don't want that. If I select deposit I am faced with the From field - it only provides names, not accounts the money would be coming from. Not sure i...

Inserting picture as a background
I inserted a picture as my background from my hard drive. Multiple images appeared in the document. I know that if you are working with a webpage it tiles so that the image appears on each page. But I am creating a brochure and only want 1 image. Has anyone else experienced this and do you have a solutionl. -- kbp When you use the Format >> background you will get tiling. Best to put an image on the Master Page and stretch it to fit. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Kimberley" <Kimberley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F2123E93-DDEF-4...

unwanted Lines and characters showing up in publisher documents
When I open a document made in Publisher 2000, unwanted characters and lines appear next to the text. When I go to print the document the characters do not show up in the print but they are not all erasable as they appear in the document Is this a new occurance? Have you tried updating your video drivers? Publisher can do some really strange things because of video driver issues. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "cc" <cc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:471001c4905f$da81d090$a301280a@phx.gbl... > When I open a document made in Publisher ...

Allow Multiple Values check box not showing up
I am trying to create a Multivalued Lookup Field. I am using the Lookup Wizard, but when I get to the place where is should let me choose to store multiple values for the lookup that section does not come up. I went online and printed the instructions off the help page so I know I am doing it right. Help! IMO, multivalued and lookup fields are not a good idea. You didn't mention what version of Access you are using. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "mschurter" wrote: > I am trying to create a Multivalued Lookup Field. I am using the Lookup > ...

Show Preview pane question
Is it possible to set 'Show Preview Pane' as default for all new folders created. At the moment when I create a new folder, I have to right click on the items window and check the 'Show Preview Pane' box under 'Other Settings' individually. Hope that someone can advise me. Thanks alot. ...

Time Input Mask to show "5:35pm" ONLY
Hi there, I am trying to get me date/time field in both the table and form to show only 0:00pm... 5:35pm as an example. I have tried a few different input masks the closest one I have got is 0:00\pm, however when I type the time into the field (by only typing 535) it automatically changes to 5:35AM. I don't need the AM option at all as all times entered will be a PM time. Therefore I want it to automatically update as PM. I also only want to have to type the numbers as indicated before 535. I don't want the leading zero (05:35pm) and I dont want to have to type the : no...