PDF file #5

I have Publisher 2002 and would like to insert a .pdf
file into a document I am working on.  How do / Can I do
this?

Many thanks,

Ger

Distribution Files for MFC in VS .net 2003

migration shut down the information store 5.5
Hi all I have two 5.5 and two 2003 sp1 exchange server all in the same admin group and site. on one of the 5.5 server, i have all the mailboxes moved over to one of my 2003 servers. I would like to turn off the information store on the 5.5 server that has all the production mailboxes moved over to the 2003 server, this way if anyone complains that they cant get into email, then i know that the mailbox needs to get moved. My questions are, by tunrning off the information store service on the 5.5 server, will this negatively effect the ADC replication? I have removed the IMC off of this...

RNDIS, WLK 1.5, crash
Moin, I test a RNDIS device which is connected via USB to the host. During power management tests the RNDIS driver part usb8023x.sys holds the IRP too long and the driver verifier complains about it with DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f) A driver is causing an inconsistent power state. The tests fail on XP x86 SP 3 and Vista x86 SP2. Does MS provide a fixed driver ? Best regards, Stefan P.S.: The first analysis with WInDbg shows ******************************************************************************* * ...

file cloning
I was wondering. How come it is possible to clone a file (using right click copy/paste file), but not possible to do this for other documents (apps and clip-art etc)?. Could it be possible to have an add-in in excel to prevent people from copying documents on their desktop?? -- shnim1 You can copy files that way (rightclick|copy, rightclick|paste). But most windows applications are no longer just simple .exe files (like back in the old DOS days). They usually have tons of other stuff that gets installed with them--and that stuff gets scattered all over your harddrive (windows folder, wi...

Help with PST file
Every now and then for whatever reason I get the message that my pst file can't be accessed (Outlook 2000 SR1). So I try to create a new one because I don't know how to fix the problem. After hours of trying, searching for help, etc I get a new pst file. However now in my folders list I have several other personal folders. Also I can never figure out how to get my email addresses from the old personal folder (contact folder) to the newly created one. Can someone help me? I've got to say that much of this goes over my head. For instance I keep reading where I'm supposed to ...

Quicken file conversion problems
I'm trying to test out the new 2004 by importing my quicken file throught the initial Wizard. Only problem it I get the following error message: Your Quicken file could not be converted. Money could not convert your Quicken file. You might have run out of disk space or system memory. Try closing other programs and making sure the disk you are copying your file to has enough space. Then try converting the file again. Can anyone help? TIA In microsoft.public.money, Scott wrote: >I'm trying to test out the new 2004 by importing my >quicken file throught the initial Wiz...

Exchange 5.5 to 2003 upgrade issue 3

how to build the netsample ipconfig to the exe file?
C:\WINCE500\public\common\oak\drivers\netsamp\ipconfig\ipconfig.cpp i want to make ipconfig.exe. and i could found the sample code. but it source code builded to the lib file. in ipconfig sources files, TARGETNAME=ipconfig TARGETTYPE=LIBRARY SOURCES= \ $(TARGETNAME).cpp the project is .lib file. but the source code has a _tmain() funciton in the source. it's looks possible to compile to the exe file. how can it compile to the exe file? You can add the SYSGEN_NETUTILS and you will have the ipconfig.exe integrated to your OS. Search ipconfig in the cat...

outlook can't receive exe files

How do I setup an SMTP gateway / smart host for Exchange 5.5 internet bound mail
My current setup has a Windows NT 4.0 Exchange 5.5 server setting on our company LAN behind a Microsoft ISA Server. The Exchange server's Internet Mail Connector binds to (I assume this is the proper terms) port 25 on the ISA server for inbound and outbound Internet Mail. Our company has finally upgraded to a new Cisco Pix Firewall which we are able to setup a DMZ on. The suggestion by our ISP is to setup an SMTP gateway in the DMZ and have our internal Exchange server send mail to it destined for the Internet. I am aware that most of the work for making the connections from the SMTP ...

retrieving folders.old file

Excel 2000 vs. Excel 2002

Can't receive EMail #5

Backing Up Outlook #5
How do I backup copies of all mye-mail folders? Hod do I backup all my contacts within the address book? Hello, You can do a total backup of your Outlook PST file using a back up program in Outlook. To download the ad in go to http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx? FamilyId=8B081F3A-B7D0-4B16-B8AF- 5A6322F4FD01&displaylang=en If you have trouble email me at outlook@theblueedge.net Chris >-----Original Message----- >How do I backup copies of all mye-mail folders? Hod do I >backup all my contacts within the address book? >. > "Damon" <damo...

Opening .prn files in XL2000

Import reg files into Registry, without UAC
Hi, I've got a .reg file to be imported silently in a batch. The file contains only entries in HKEY_CURRENT_USER, therefore can be imported without elevation. This works well with the regedit /s switch on limited accounts, however on admin accounts, elevation UAC prompt is still shown, even though it's not needed. How can I prevent this? Thanks, Jens Jens M´┐Żller wrote: >Hi, > >I've got a .reg file to be imported silently in a batch. The file contains >only entries in HKEY_CURRENT_USER, therefore can be imported without >elevation. >...

How do I import from LotusOrg 6.0?Import command only has 5.0
I am trying to import my calendar data from Lotus Org V6.X. Under the file command, it will only import from V5.X. Does anybody have any help for me since I would like to convert to Outlook from Lotus Organizer. Don Kiamie donalbert@mindspring.com In news:32C8F514-3EA5-4802-B1A4-F9C66E77293A@microsoft.com, DonAlbert <DonAlbert@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I am trying to import my calendar data from Lotus Org V6.X. Under > the file command, it will only import from V5.X. Does anybody have > any help for me since I would like to convert to Outlook from Lotus > ...

Retreive a deleted file
How can I retreive a delted file Hi Janet If you have setup Excel to automatically create backup copies; then check that folder for the last backed-up version....If it is from your PC, check out the Recylcle Bin (on your desktop) and restore the file. If the file was on a network drive you may need to contact your network administrator and check whether they can recover. -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "Janet" wrote: > How can I retreive a delted file Go into your Recycle Bin. If deleted from there; http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/recover-deleted-files.htm ...

Outlook 2000 client Connection TimeOut w/ Ex5.5 server???
Hi, we have a really intriguing issue that started recently. Outlook users, when clicking on an item in the Mailbox, will get the message "Can't open this item. The operation could not be completed because of an error on the network. Try to log on to the network again, and then repeat the operation." The user will click OK, and usually will be able to open the same item in one or two attempts. The Envrionment: Ex5.5 SP4, Outlook 2000. It is ONLY the Windows98 users that is seeing this message, on NT and W2k stations, there's this occassional hour-glass when we click on an ...

Assistance with ESEUTIL ans ISINTEG on Exchange 5.5
Folks, I need to perform some maintenance on a exchange 5.5 server. My users are complaining about speed, etc... First, GOOD BACKUP! Second, Take down all MS Exchange services Third, I want to run "ISINTEG -s EXCHANGE -FIX" correct? This will hopefully fix ant integrity issues. I am told to run it over and over until it comes up clean.. Once the integrity check is clean... Fourth, I run these three: eseutil /d /ds eseutil /d /ispriv eseutil /d /ispub If all goes well... Finally, startup MS Exchange services.. This is my plan. Any suggesstions? Comments? 1) GOOD BA...

How do I print a SINGLE POSTCARD on 5.5x4.25in stock?
I have a preprinted postcard that is 5.5" x 4.25". A standard postcard. I cannot for the life of me to get Publisher to print on this cardstock!! It keeps thinking the page is "LETTER 8.5x11". I have NO problems getting 4 cards (multiple addresses) to print on one page. But now I have the cards pre-printed and just want to mail-merge an address list onto them. How do I set this up? Because apparently, using the post card template of 5.5x4.25 (or even the 6x4) doesn't do it!!!!! Thanks for any insight. Jeff Jeff, File, PRINT SETUP Here select your stock si...