Pasting "Character Spacing" adjusted text

Our church office secretary has the Bible on a CD in a Word document.  They have used Format>Font>Character Spacing>Position >Raised>by 2.5 rather than "Suberscript" for all the verse numbers.  Is there a way to Copy the text and paste it into Publisher to maintain the appearance of the raised verse numbers?  I do not see the Character Spacing formatting features in Publisher.  We are using Office 2002.
0
anonymous (74722)

Jim wrote:
> Our church office secretary has the Bible on a CD in a Word document.
> They have used Format>Font>Character Spacing>Position >Raised>by 2.5
> rather than "Suberscript" for all the verse numbers.  Is there a way
> to Copy the text and paste it into Publisher to maintain the
> appearance of the raised verse numbers?  I do not see the Character
> Spacing formatting features in Publisher.  We are using Office 2002.

I don't mean to be pedantic, but there is no such thing as Office 2002 - it
should be referred to as 'Office XP' as 2002 is the version given to the
separate applications (if they were to be purchased separately).

0
epona (80)
1/13/2004 3:31:18 AM
What happens if you IMPORT the document into Publisher.

With a Text Frame active - menu INSERT > TEXT FILE.

It should keep the formatting.

donotknock (1941)
1/13/2004 6:14:59 AM
Tried the insert>File into an active text box.  No Luck.  Thanks for the idea.
0
anonymous (74722)
1/13/2004 11:06:21 PM
Interesting, I thought it would have kept the formatting.

Did you try Copying and Pasting as a LINK?
If you do try copying and pasting as a Link, just remember to make sure the
original resides at the same location.  If you have it on a CD Rom,
temporarily copy the file to the hard drive till you have finished with the
Publisher file.

donotknock (1941)
1/14/2004 3:10:34 AM
Thank you, that did work.  I know the next question will be, "Now that it is in Publisher, I need to reformat the text to fit the space available."  The link comes as an object, is there a way to edit that in Publisher?  The need to edit is because the margins are different and sometimes the text is to surround pictures.

0
anonymous (74722)
1/14/2004 12:41:12 PM
Jim I just wrote a whole long story as a reply, then deleted it.
Jim, I am going to give you a serve/tune-up while you are here.
You need to learn to experiment with things with programs and be a tad
inventive - expand the mind!!!
You need to try things various ways.

If you copy the text in Word, paste it into WordPad, then copy the text in
WordPad and paste it into Publisher, it keeps all the formatting *perfectly*
with the subscript and superscript.

I would be as bold as to say directly copying from Word into Publisher not
keeping the formatting would be a bug.

I am now going to bed, at 00:20 after messing around here with your problem
for nearly an hour - and solving it simply in the end.

donotknock (1941)
1/14/2004 1:21:20 PM
I'm sorry that I caused you to lose sleep.  I had tried a number of things including cutting & pasting in other document and then into Publisher.  I have tried macros correct the change the "Character Spacing" to superscripts (which works well). I was just wondering if this is truly a bug, or the “Character Spacing” is not available or it is called something else in Publisher, or if I was missing something obvious.  Again I'm sorry that I put you out.

Thanks for your time

PS On my system cutting the text that has been adjusted with the “Character Spacing“ formatting in Word and moving it to Word Pad and then to Publisher still does not work.

0
anonymous (74722)
1/14/2004 4:31:11 PM
Jim, you are a good boy.

Bummer it does not work for you, as it works on my system like magic.
Perhaps you should try it without the adjusted Character Spacing and then
adjust the spacing in Publisher.

Sure Character Spacing is available in Publisher and always has been.

Jim you are just lucky I don't need beauty sleep like you.

donotknock (1941)

Character Spacing Issue
I created a document in Word on an XP machine. When I opened the same document in Word on my Mac, the character spacing was noticeably greater, although the font was the same (Franklin Gothic Medium). This caused the layout to be altered as text that originally took one line ran over to two. I have since opened the same document on my same machine using OS X as well as my Windows Boot Camp partition. It is the exact same document but it looks terrible on the Mac. Is there any way to fix this? The disparity is most likely caused by a difference in printer drivers & print settings on the X...

Pub 2003 Character Spacing menu
I notice on the Pub 2003 Character Spacing menu there are a lot of features regarding spacing. Are these applied to the whole text (as in a Select All and Apply fashion) and which do you think will make the text look more professional? I'm using Palatino Linotype for my book. What are some of the best professional looking book fonts? -- Robert Pearson ParaMind Brainstorming Software http://www.paramind.net Creative Virtue Press/Telical Books/Regenerative Music http://www.rspearson.com/ This isn't really a Publisher issue. I'm sure there are MANY resources available on the...

Reduce character spacing in an edit or rich edit control?
Summary: I want to alter the text on screen so as to better match what is printed. I would like to use SetTextCharacterExtra on an edit or rich edit control so that the text may be squished together. Is this possible? Details: I am having a WYSIWYG problem with fonts, in particular the Courier New font. The problem is that the horizontal CPI (characters per inch) of the font is different on the screen than it is on the printer. The cause appears to be that the screen does not have as high a density of pixels as the printer. So windows tries to make the font looks nice on screen by giving it...

font character spacing wonky in Publisher 2007?
I have a font which certain characters are too widely spaced in Publisher 2007. The font works fine in MS Word, and even in MS Pub Word Art, but in a regular text box, there's a big space between certain characters. The only way I've been able to make it work is to adjust character spacing with tracking manually. No fonts are embedded, I checked. It also worked fine in Publisher 2003, which I'm strongly considering going back to, since I have a number of existing documents using this font. (The font is "rhythms" which is a music font for use directly in documents. ...

character spacing Excel 2003
How does one get all numbers in a column to have set spacing instead of proportional spacing? I remember setting proportional or fixed back in the days of DOS, and haven't used it since and I'm unable to find it in Microsofts online help for either Excel or Word (2003). Try using a fixed width font like Courier or Courier New. -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Joe" <JOsterheim@gmail.com> wrote in message news:nfvtf3t6lq188pkavtqadelnas3a5i28be@4ax.com... > How does one get all numbers in a column to have set spacing instead > of proportional spacing? I remember...

Character Spacing
I've imported a graphics scan of a regulatory agency's form into a report and I've placed fields over places on the form to make it look like the information was typed into it. My question is that in one of the locations on the form I need to increase spacing between the characters in the text field there. The form has small rectangles side by side where each rectangle is supposed to have only one character and together all the characters in these adjacent rectangles can spell a word. Can I adjust character spacing, or do I have to partition the text in small text fields in each...

Character Spacing Problems
When attempting to print in Publisher 2002 my text appears disjointed and expanded. if I use character spacing to correct this it only makes the printed copy worse! The text looks fine of the screen before I print but prints out all weird. Can anyone help me? It isn't a Publisher problem. It's most likely a printer driver problem. Go to the web site of the printer manufacturer and download the latest drivers. -- Ron Cohen drc023@ivwnet.com "Elizabeth" <beth@breadministries.org> wrote in message news:10fd01c34d43$5fdc0c30$3501280a@phx.gbl... > When attemptin...

Character spacing
I am using Publisher 98 and I have struck a problem with character spacing. I have a large heading, which is like this: "Whelan Family Calendar .... January 2008" The text is centred within a text box. What is puzzling me concerns the 5 full stops separating "Calendar" and "January". There is a very noticeable difference in the spacing between the first 3 full stops and the last two: e.g. ..[long space].[long space].[shorter space].[shorter space]. This difference in spacing is very noticeable when the document is printed. I have highlighted the text and ...

Pasting "Character Spacing" adjusted text
Our church office secretary has the Bible on a CD in a Word document. They have used Format>Font>Character Spacing>Position >Raised>by 2.5 rather than "Suberscript" for all the verse numbers. Is there a way to Copy the text and paste it into Publisher to maintain the appearance of the raised verse numbers? I do not see the Character Spacing formatting features in Publisher. We are using Office 2002. Jim wrote: > Our church office secretary has the Bible on a CD in a Word document. > They have used Format>Font>Character Spacing>Position >Raised>...

Intercharacter Spacing of Screen Fonts
Applications such as Microsoft Word have inconsistent intercharacter spacing of their screen fonts. I initially thought that this pertained to kerning. Apparently it does not. I am trying to understand what is going on. The pixel spacing between any two characters seems to vary here and there by one pixel. My current best guess is that MS Word is trying to map the on screen representation to the printed layout. Since there are rounding errors when any font is produced in the relatively low resolution on the screen, the inconsistent character spacing must be an attempt to account for the...

character spacing in excel
how do I change the character spacing in a single column in excel? I need to display the font as if there were a spaace between each character. As each row within the column contains different data format painter does not seem to work as it copies the data from the original cell. Has anyone any ideas? I don't think I've seen a format for this kind of thing, but maybe you could insert an extra space inbetween each character. A macro like this might make it less painful. Option Explicit Sub testme02() Dim myCell As Range Dim Str1 As String Dim Str2 As String ...