Pasteing In text into a current text box

When I cut text from a website and attempt to paste it into a current text
box, Publisher 2003 defaults to create a new text box instead of inserting it
into the preexisting one.  How can I fixt this?
0
sbcody (4)

Firstly you do not say which version of Publisher you are using.
Secondly when you copy a webpage you are copying HTML.
Use menu EDIT > Paste Special > Unformatted Text
or paste into Notepad which will remove all the formatting and then re-copy
and paste into Publisher.

"��MS-Publisher��" wrote:
> Firstly you do not say which version of Publisher you are using.
==============================
Hmmm, isn't Publisher 2003 a version?

--

John Inzer

0
oobie (2069)
7/1/2005 7:29:45 AM
John...we need to be easy on David for awhile...he is still in recovery
mode. He might miss those things for a little while.

--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.
"John Inzer" <oobie@doobie.xyz> wrote in message
> "��MS-Publisher��" wrote:
>> Firstly you do not say which version of Publisher you are using.
> ==============================
> Hmmm, isn't Publisher 2003 a version?
>
> --
>
> John Inzer

0
bkvalheim1 (519)
7/1/2005 11:16:21 AM
Brian thanks, but the brain is good, perhaps the eyesight needs a little
more practice LOL
Since getting some more exercise everyday on my bicycle things are going
ahead in leaps and bounds
Now, do I dare get back on the motorcycle next week and go bush - that is
the question.  Perhaps better give it a further week.

"Brian Kvalheim [MSFT MVP]" <bkvalheim@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> John...we need to be easy on David for awhile...he is still in recovery
> mode. He might miss those things for a little while.

Linking cells containing text from one worksheet to a cell with text in another worksheet
I have a workbook with two pages, the first page has cells that contain the main description heading of the cells on the second page. The second page has the heading in one cell and then the breakdown of each section under that, and repeated as there are about 11 sections. When I paste a link or use a hyperlink on the first page, it does take you to the heading cell on the second page, however I was wondering if there is a way to force the cells on the bottom of the page to the top for easier viewing. Right now it just pulls those cells up enough to see them at the bottom of the screen, and ...

addtitional Dialog Boxes and Database
I have a standard MFC CRecordView, CRecordset and CDocument setup that can input and output to my Database. I want to used a couple of Popup Dialog boxes to input and view data from the DB. In the main CRecordView I use a Crecordset object to navigate the database. How do I input and view the DB from the added Dialog boxes. Seth King wrote: > I have a standard MFC CRecordView, CRecordset and > CDocument setup that can input and output to my Database. > I want to used a couple of Popup Dialog boxes to input and > view data from the DB. In the main CRecordView I use a >...

Text Size
Is there any way to change text size from within Money 2004? See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=136. "George Ellis" <ge1293@Mindspring.com> wrote in message news:18d9701c41b64$6b08b9b0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Is there any way to change text size from within Money > 2004? ...

Extract Month From A Text String
Good Day, I have a date that I'm pulling from a report that is in a text string format. What i need to be able to do is extract the month from the string so that I can run a script against the month name. The format of the string is as follows. Wednesday, April 14, 2010 Thanks in advance for your help. Sam Hi, Maybe this = MID(A1, FIND(" ",A1,1)+1, FIND(" ",A1,FIND(" ",A1,1)+1)-(FIND(" ",A1,FIND(" ",A1,1)))) -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the few...

looking for example of setting cursor when mousing over static text
in the end I want to put some blue underlined text in about box that when clicked on calls my function (will eventually go to web page) is there an example I could look at? Thanks. On 20 Jun 2005 12:24:15 -0700, alexl wrote: > in the end I want to put some blue underlined text in about box that > when clicked on calls my function (will eventually go to web page) is > there an example I could look at? Thanks. Making Static Links Keyboard-Capable, Launching URLs from Your App http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/05/03/CATWork/default.aspx -- Doug Harrison Microsoft MVP - Vis...

Out of the Box 200 Excel Reports
Hi, Does any one know from where I can download out of the Box 200 Excel based reports for MS Dynamics GP10? Thanks It's built in. Tools > Setup > System > Reporting Tools Setup. I was kind of disappointed in them. They are just the Smart Lists as far as i can tell. I'm using them to create Excel dashboard reports. "Naseer Farooqi" wrote: > Hi, > > Does any one know from where I can download out of the Box 200 Excel based > reports for MS Dynamics GP10? > > Thanks > As a starting point though they are faster th...

Text on A3 in 2 columns, left side portrait, right side landscape
How can I set up an A3 document with two columns where one column is portrait and the other column is landscape? If I understand you correctly, you will need to use a two-column table with text rotated 90 degrees in one of the columns. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "NIMRODMJW" <NIMRODMJW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:865FFC47-FC0B-47A7-AD1A-AF6555B98F4B@microsoft.com... > How can I set up an A3 document with two columns where one column is > portrait and the...

Copy & Paste Data from Web into Excel #2
When I do the above & use Vlookup for numerical data the numeric data is not recognised, although some data are in another excel workbook. How can I sort the data from the web so that I can do a proper vlookup The problem is that excel recognizes these numbers as text. Simpl solution would be to use the following formula =value(A1) where A1 represents the cell wherein your required data i lying. Then you can replace the contents of the original cell after copy - paste - values function is execute -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Want text type on one location also appears at anothe location
I have a multipage document. Would like to know how to make text typed at one location also appeared in other location(s)/page(s)\ MS Word 2000 or 2002 Thx. cg hccatmo wrote: > I have a multipage document. Would like to know how to make text > typed at one location also appeared in other location(s)/page(s)\ > > MS Word 2000 or 2002 > > Thx. > cg See http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup ...

TEXT to COLUMNS #4
I am using the "text to columns" feature to copy data from an internet page onto my spreadsheet. Specifically, I am copying 1)location, 2)latitude, and 3)longitude into column A as follows: A B C D E F G NYC 52° 53' N 118° 4' W 52.88 118.07 All data is pasted into cell A1; then the text to columns feature allows me to align the data into columns B,C,D,E,F, & G. HERE IS THE DILEMMA: The "Text to...

Text To Speech
Is there any way to save a "Text To Speech" data into a wave file ?? Jibesh. V.P I did this once using CoolEdit (now known as Adobe Audition). It was extremely tricky, but I found out how to do in with a google search. This was about four years ago, and the best I can do is suggest a google search for "capture wave output" which is either what I used or close to it. joe On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 23:40:45 +0530, "jibesh" <jibesh.vp@m2comsys.com> wrote: >Is there any way to save a "Text To Speech" data into a wave file...

Extract numeric from text string
Hi, I need help to find the solution on how to set excel vba code to extract 6 digits numeric value ( ie it may start at zero value follow by the number or no number given ) from text string E.g. VBA codes look for 6 digits numeric value from column F and extract it to column J Column F Column J a) CIMB - DA dd 11/12/09 - Underpaid for cheque : 632005 dd 10/12/09 -----> 632005 b) HSBC - CA dd 7/12/09 - Overpaid for cheque : 005946 dd 03/12/09 ------> 005946 c) RHB - Expiry chq tsfr to unclaimed a/c - 329720 dd 1/6/09 - Leeyana ------> 329720 d) PBB - Expiry chq...

Tab Cycle Current Record still goes to next record
I have this code for a not in list event: If MsgBox("Do you want to add " & [NewData] & "to the list?", vbYesNo, "Add A Program") = vbYes Then DoCmd.OpenForm "ProgramInfoPopup", acNormal, , , acFormAdd, acDialog, NewData Response = acDataErrAdded Else Response = acDataErrContinue End If The ProgramInfoPopup form has this code in its OnLoad Event: Dim NewData As String Me![ProgramName] = Me.OpenArgs End Sub When I close the Programinfopopup form after putting the new data in, the original form advances to the next record EVEN THOUGH I have th...

Can Outlook be set to display email in text only
For security I don't want Outlook to display incomming e-mail in html, i want to use plain text only. I have the mail format in options set to plain text but I still receive my Em in html. Is it possiable to do this nd if so HOW??? Thanks PS I am using Office 2000 Not in your version. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Phido asked: | For security I ...

Search for Text in Excel
I am creating a list of part numbers of which some will be similar (different variants of products) and I want to create a user search function eg a search box that the users could enter the first few letters followed by a wild card eg EV* and then the products starting with that prefix would be found. I know you can use the Find function under Edit, but I was hoping for a more user friendly tool. Any ideas. Regards Duncan Data|Filter|Autofilter And then custom filter: Begins with EV (or equals EV*) Maybe... Duncan, UK wrote: > > I am creating a list of part numbers of which so...

OE6
When I forward or reply to a message received, the Sent field under the Original Message shows current date/time. Does anybody have any ideas on why and how to fix? Thank alot! This is Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2180 WinXP Pro SP2. I apologize if this is not the appropriate group, it seems the most appropriate that my ISP provides. Thanks again. Richard wrote: > When I forward or reply to a message received, the Sent field under the > Original Message shows current date/time. > Does anybody have any ideas on why and how to fix? Thank alot! > > This is Outlook Express 6....

Combo Box Problem 04-05-10
My Combo Box has no Control source and the Row Source type is Value List My Row Source is showing say 18;Dobbie,Chris Bound Column 1 My format is 3 column count 0cm:7cm;0cm but even if i try to show the last Column I am not getting "Chris" only when I click the arror do I see the name At the moment when I open my form I am getting just Dobbie and would like to get Dobbie, Chris -- Thanks in advance for any help with this......Bob MS Access 2007 accdb Windows XP Home Edition Ver 5.1 Service Pack 3 Bob It sounds like you are expecting the combobox to displa...

selected value is not saved in combo box
I have problem with saving a combo box selected values in excel file. I've created a simple excel file using Office 2003. I've added a combo-box to one of worksheets. After I am selecting any value in the combo-box, saving the excel file and closing it. After opening the file there is no value selected in the combo-box. What I need to do in order to be able to keep selected values in the combo-box after closing and opening the excel file. Thanks in advance! -- MarkDev ------------------------------------------------------------------------ MarkDev's Profile: http://www.excel...

Old e-mails in inbox/Junk box with wrong date stamps, "unknown" au
Junk Mail inbox filling up with author unknowns, old e-mails with wrong date stamps showing up in Junk box. New e-mails being deleted off yahoo mail server even though I checked option to leave mail on server. Skarmio;1219213 Wrote: > Junk Mail inbox filling up with author unknowns, old e-mails with wrong > date > stamps showing up in Junk box. New e-mails being deleted off yahoo mail > server even though I checked option to leave mail on server. Sounds like a lot of spam, no way to stop it once they get your address. A possible solution. Open a new account. Giv...

Copy and Paste not working in excel
Hi, Sometimes in between while working with a single or multiple excel files copy and paste will not work, i have to restart my system and relogin again. When i do Ctrl+C the cell gets selected and stops, it will not be active till i cancel it or save or untill i select any other option. -- Thanks Roshan This can happen when the Autosave is being used. Check your Excel settings, you may want to disable the autosave feature. "Roshan" <Roshan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D032996-DB0B-404F-AB86-E2A8D093BC0D@microsoft.com... > Hi,...

Can text boxes be glued to a corner of a cell?
Is there any way to glue one corner of a text bor to one corner of a cell? I know I can set the properties to that it will move with the cell, but this does not get it perfectly aligned and keep it that way. Hi, Well somewhat - if you hold down the Alt key as you drag the text box it will snap to grid. You can also size it with the alt key down and it will snap to grid. -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "Square Peg" wrote: > Is there any way to glue one corner of a text bor to one corner of a > cell? > > I know I can set the properties to that it will move with the c...

Highlighted text does not print with color
In emails that have highlighted text, the color of the highlight does not print. But, Printing colored text prints correctly. To test this, I sent myself an email. In the open message before sending, I went to Tools > Options. In the View tab's Print and Web layout section, the Background Colors and Images is checked. In the Print tab's Printing Options, Background Printing is checked. In the Include with Document section, Background Colors & Images is also checked. Then I sent the email and opened the received message and tried to print to a colored printer. The text ...

changing defaults for text boxes
How can I change the default margins for text box formats. I am used to working in Pagemaker and Publisher drives me crazy with its text boxes. I can change the formatting of a particular text box, but the minute I have another one it goes back to the default of 0.04 Thanks, Scott This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0081_01C37F6C.4C4AEC80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft in their extreme wisdom removed *ALL* defaults from Publisher = after the excellent Publisher 97. Can you be...

copy and paste in Excel 2007 slow
When I use the office clipboard to copy numerous individual cells (containing only text) it slows down the more times I use it. I copy about 12 items at a time and then clear the clipboard after I have pasted all of them. By about the 3rd or 4th set it takes so long to copy each cell, 10 to 15 seconds...pasting is still quick. I did not have this problem in Excel 2003. Is there some reason for this slowdown? Thank you. Debbie I am using a fairly new computer with lots of RAM and HD space, Windows XP. Hi Debbie, I have the same problem and have had it ever since I first installed Office 200...

CSV text to Date Format
I have a file which I will be uploading into Access on a regular basis. The date field is formatted to text which I would like to format into a date field upon importing into Access. I would also like to rearrange the date into a regular format, it reads as such 082101 and I would like it to read 01/21/08. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! Stacey. On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 16:20:10 -0800, Stacey <Stacey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a file which I will be uploading into Access on a regular basis. The >date field is formatted to text which I woul...