paper size stuck at 5.507 x 8.5 for booklets in Publisher 2003

After creating a booklet, the page size became 5.507" x 8.5" and if I change
it, it won't stay.

0
Wallmax (2)

Change it to what?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Wallmax" <Wallmax@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After creating a booklet, the page size became 5.507" x 8.5" and if I
> change
> it, it won't stay.

0
jl_paules (2768)
7/19/2006 7:44:00 PM
5.5" x 8.5"

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

> Change it to what?
>
> --
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>

> "Wallmax" <Wallmax@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > After creating a booklet, the page size became 5.507" x 8.5" and if I
> > change
> > it, it won't stay.

0
Wallmax (2)
7/19/2006 8:09:02 PM
Wallmax wrote:
> 5.5" x 8.5"

Does the 0.007" really matter that much?

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org

--

> 5.5" x 8.5"
>
> "JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Change it to what?
>>
>> --
>>
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>

>> "Wallmax" <Wallmax@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > After creating a booklet, the page size became 5.507" x 8.5" and if I
>> > change
>> > it, it won't stay.

0
jl_paules (2768)

Outlook 2003
Do you know what needs to be changed to have the attachments you send in email be shown inside the body of the message vs being shown as a 4th line in the header of the message? Hi Joy, Your Format have to be chang into HTML or Rich Text. -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den Newsgroup antworten damit jeder etwas davon hat. Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de Actually, only Rich Text format will give the original poster the result she wants. HTML and Plain Text will put the attachment icon in the header. To the OP -- be careful about sending out Rich Text mes...

Upgrading Server 2000 to 2003
We have a server running Windows 200 server with all current SP's. It has Great plains, Frx, and SQL 2000 on it. We would like to upgrade it, as well as the rest of our servers to 2003. Has anyone experienced any problems upgrading the OS on their Great Plains server? Any suggestions? Dave, We had a customer do this recently, they had no problems. Make sure that you have all the latest service packs for everything. And a good backup of everything just in case! -- Victoria Yudin GP MVP "Dave Schultz" <Dave Schultz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

Forwarding messages from public domain to local exchange (2003)
local domain is created (office.client.com). Exchange needs to send and recieve mail from public domain www.client.com. I host the email account with surgemail. how do i accomplish this without interupting email delivery to www.client.com and replicate messages to the exchange server? simply they are moving to an internal exchange to take advantage of the features of a phone system but want to use our email server to filter most of the spam before it hits the exchange (smarthost im guessing) On Sat, 4 Feb 2006 06:17:57 -0800, tvance - reluctant exchange admin <tvance - reluctant exc...

publisher 2003 won't print borderless redux
Thank you for all your help with this problem. I saved the brochure as a 300-dpi JPEG file and printed it using the HP software. As you said it would be, type quality was fine. Unfortunately, the saved file apparently had the HP driver's input already in it, and the page was still cropped. When I re-set the printer preferences and re-saved the file as a 300-dpi JPEG file, it printed without cropping. Huzzah. However, now the HP software felt at liberty to increase the size of the image on paper, so that the carefully arranged white space around the outside of the piece was largely ...

PRINTING NOTES IN OUTLOOK 2003
Having difficulty printing more then one note per page. I'm clicking on select all and print. I have 36 notes and 36 pages start to print. Microsoft Tech Support advises the difficulty might rest with the printer driver. Their technician advises there should not be a problem printing as I described above. I have an HP Desk Jet 960 c and am using the Windows XP driver for that printer. Have not used HP's own driver because I never had any other problems.. I had the same problem in Outlook 2000. Someone provided instructions as to how to save to some file and print from there. Can't ...

Publisher 2000 Deluxe
I recently switched form Windows 98 to Windows XP. My Publisher 2000 worked fine with Windows 98. However, I forgot my CD-key number, now it won't load to Windows XP. Is there any way I can get the old number or request a new number? Thank you, Gene Unfortunately, the only place Publisher 2000's ProductKey is located, is on the back of the CD case it came in. It is not recorded anywhere on the computer hard drive after installation. A couple of solutions are: Purchase a new copy of 2000 for $50 at http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=M...

IMC on Exchange 5.5
I recently upgraded from Exchange 5.5 to 2003 using the "swing" meathod. I believe that I have all the data moved over the the new box but when i shut down the 5.5 box outgoing mail queues until it is back online. Under the routing groups i see the IMS, Connector for cc:mail, and MS Mail Connector, which all reside on the old 5.5 server. How can i move those functions over to the new server so it is totally independant of the older 5.5 box? Thanks, Chris DeFreitas In more detail...when i shutdown the Exchange 5.5 server the messages que up in the X400 Exchange MTA queue. Once t...

MS Project Server 2003
How do I change the MS Project Sever web logo to my company logo? ...

publisher 97 window
I have used pub 97 for several years on 3 systems. I suddenly started having a problem with the workspace color. It used to be white, now it is a purple/pink hue. I figure this could be a computer problem as opposed to software, but thought no harm in asking. Documents print correctly, so it is just the window that is out of sync. Graphic files, etc on other programs are not distorted. I would appreciate any thoughts. Thanks. I saw a similar problem on an older computer. Do other programs also appear pink/purple or just Publisher? -- The problem with resting on your laurels is that e...

Outlook not working on MAC o/s X panther
Hi, I have recently upgraded my mac to o/s X and now outlook will not recognize the MS exchange server, other information is that i am booting up with dual systems o/s 9 and o/s 10 as I need to access email at work, please let me know on how to resolve this problem. Thank you. ...

Word, Excel 2003 + 2007 on same Win7 computer
I've always used the Office 2003 programs. But recently, I decided to switch Outlook to the 2007 version. In the process. Office 2007 also installed the 2007 versions of Excel, Word, etc. So now I have both Word + Excel 2003, and Word+ Excel 2007 on my Windows 7 home premium computer. I don=92t care at all for the ribbon and other features of Word or Excel 2007. But now my opening an old Word or Excel file brings up 2007 Excel I know there=92s a setting to create an association between .XLS, .DOC etc.. and a particular program, in this case Excel 2003. I tried to make t...

Does Excel 2003 have SPC XL add-in included in the package?
I would like to buy Spc XL add-in for myself however I have heard that it comes included in the MS excel 2003 version. Is this true? Nope, not true. -- Regards Juan Pablo Gonz´┐Żlez "Cookie" <Cookie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4B458175-5B34-4F95-98D2-1E1A57F5E295@microsoft.com... > I would like to buy Spc XL add-in for myself however I have heard that it > comes included in the MS excel 2003 version. Is this true? ...

Exchange 5.5 and DST
My client is stuck on a microsoft unsupported Exchange 5.5 system. Besides sending out an email telling them to check all their appointments manually, is there anything that I can do to the Exchange server to make it ready for the DST switch? That's it. James Chong (MVP) MCSE | M+, S+, MCTS, Security+ msexchangetips.blogspot.com On Mar 7, 2:56 pm, "Alpha Man" <alpha...@fake.com> wrote: > My client is stuck on a microsoft unsupported Exchange 5.5 system. Besides > sending out an email telling them to check all their appointments manually, > is there an...

assigning tasks in outlook 2003
I am trying to use the assining tasks feature of outlook. we do not have or use the exchange server, but I am under the impression that you can still assign tasks and have them updated. Anyway, I have created a task, assigned it to a contact, they receaved and accepted it, i then receave a new email noting their acceptance of the task, however the task in my task list still reads "waiting for response", i tried clicking and draging the email into the task section but this just creates a duplicate task item. Please advise. Thank you. Under Tools | Options | E-mail Options |...

Outlook 2003 Rules and Alerts don't always run after hibernation
Here is how to reproduce the problem: 1. Run Outlook 2003 with correct Rules and Alerts setup. I can verify that new incoming specified email get forward to junk folder. 2. Hibernate the computer 3. Resume the computer. Outlook 2003 will show that there is network problem connecting to server due to network is not available at first around 10 seconds. After that, network connection is restored and Outlook 2003 gets all the email BUT without running Rules and Alerts to forward them to correct folder. This is very annoying to me. I have to manually re-run each Rules to forward emails. This probl...

LoadLibrary("rsaenh.dll") exits process with code 128 (Windows 2003 Server)
Hi all, don't know if this is the correct newsgroup, sorry if it's not; at least the problem occurs in a MFC MDI application. I tracked the problem down to the following: In a (huge) MFC MDI app I do LoadLibrary("rsaenh.dll") somewhere (doesn't matter where) in MyApp::InitInstance(). This works on WinXP, but on Win2003 Server SE I have the following effects: 1. When using the call within the target application (huge MFC MDI application with ComServer etc., but started as normal EXE) and the rsaenh.dll shipped with Win2003 Server (version 5.2.3790.1830 (srv03_sp1_rtm...

Export from Maximizer 6.5 to MSCRM
Has anyone successfully exported from Maximizer into MSCRM? From what I understand that Maximizer are not the best at exposing their data/tables. We have Scribe for the import bit. Anyone have any experience? Thanks ...

Great Plains 7.5 & SQL server 2005
Hi Currently we are running Great plains 7.5 and SQL server 2000, however I would like to move the existing GP SQL data to a MS SQL server 2005 does anyone know if V7.5 will work with SQL 2005 server, and if so is there anything I need to be aware of many thanks colin Colin, GP 7.5 was never tested or supported on SQL 2005. Even with GP 8.0 you need to be on Service Pack 4 or later to use SQL 2005. Will it work? Maybe. Should you try it? I would not recommend it. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.htm...

Incomplete service pack installation stops publisher 2003 setup
I've upgraded by version of win xp home to xp pro. All fine and good so far. However, when installing SP1A my usb optical mouse doesn't work. Microsoft have said its an unfortunate problem so remove SP1A. I did that. However, when installing publisher 2003 or trying anyway I get an error message saying "Setup has detected an incomplete Windows XP service pack installation on your computer. Office will not run properly until this update has been completed." Does anyone have any idea how to either remove the service pack completely or trick the installation into thin...

publisher printing greeting cards on 7 by 10 paper
I am trying to print greeting cards on 7 by 10" paper using a HP 850C and publisher 2002. the margins seem to readjust themselves, and the card image ends up off center, even though when I check print preview, the image is centered on the card. The second issue is the last 1/3" of the image( top or bottom) does not print evenly no matter if it is the center of the card. No matter what size paper you use your printer has margin limitations. Your printer has .46 unprintable margin on the bottom (portrait) or .46 on the right (landscape). To compensate for this and to center yo...

My FTP settings don't work in Publisher
I am trying to upload a website from Publisher 2003 to a Yahoo! Small business site. I followed the instructions on setting up an FTP folder, but now when I try to "Publish to the Web" to that folder, it tells me that "The folder "(my ftp folder)" isn't accessible. The folder may be located in an unavailable location, protected with password, or the filename contains "/" or "\" ". I am the creator of this site, and I know I have administration rights, so I don't understand what's happening here. Also, it never prompts me t...

Excel 2003 Using graphics in charts
A couple of years ago I attended an Excel workshop where we did these really nifty charts using graphics instead of simple columns, eg we used a picture of a coin, and the higher the souce nunber, the higher the stack of coins. I worked in the oil industry and we made charts with stacks of oil rigs etc. I just cannot remember how it was done and would really like to try it again. I have just tried, using a picture, but what it does here is simply increase the size of the single graphic, rather than stacking lots of identical graphics on top of each other ... if you know what I mea...

outlook 2003 "has encountered a problem", ntdll.dll module
Suddenly I cannot start outlook (I have outlook 2003 and it was working until 1 1/2 hour ago)... I have done some research but none of the stuff I found (including http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=805551&SiteID=17) seem to help. What I get as the error info is as follows: AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 11.0.8010.0 AppStamp:43d16d53 ModName: ntdll.dll ModVer: 5.1.2600.2180 ModStamp:411096b4 fDebug: 0 Offset: 0000eddc Then the dump info is something like: Module 1: OUTLOOK.EXE ...... followed by some details..... Module 2: ntdll.dll .....

MS Publisher 2002
I think Publisher 2002 is not nearly as good as Publisher 2000. Does anybody agree with me? Before I took the advice of many of the people in this group and updated my video drivers, I would have agreed somewhat. Not now. I prefer 2002. May I ask what issues you have with Pub 2002? -- The problem with resting on your laurels is that eventually you are sitting on dead branches. JoAnn "Bobc" <sloop@fcc.net> wrote in message news:046f01c36ce0$121d2580$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I think Publisher 2002 is not nearly as good as Publisher > 2000. Does anybody agree with me?...

Re-import Published Web
I was curious about Publisher 2003 functionality. So I started fooling around with it. I created a website (kind of) in a few hours time that I will be constantly updating since the text in it are things I was blurting out at the time. It is http://drohr.000k.net So, as you can see I have a Publisher 2003 web site. Now, my desktop systems motherboard screwed up (bad ASIC chip) and I need a new one. OK. I am on my laptop for a while. My Publisher file (.pub) is on a SCSI hard drive that I cannot acces now or for a while. I "published" my site, which create an 'index.htm&#...