PAGES DISAPPEARED

I recently have lost pages of existing documents, and now I find I can't
insert a page without losing the preceeding page.  I'm not sure they're gone,
but I can't access them because the little boxes at the bottom of the screen
that contain the page numbers are gone.  The only thing I can think of that
might have caused this was a recent download (an update to Office 2007).  Any
ideas?
0
Lainee (6)

You can download the page sorter utility and install it, that will get the tabs
back. Look at the sixth FAQ here:
http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"Lainee" <Lainee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I recently have lost pages of existing documents, and now I find I can't
> insert a page without losing the preceeding page.  I'm not sure they're gone,
> but I can't access them because the little boxes at the bottom of the screen
> that contain the page numbers are gone.  The only thing I can think of that
> might have caused this was a recent download (an update to Office 2007).  Any
> ideas?

0
mary.sauer (2018)
4/11/2009 10:27:50 AM

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> You can download the page sorter utility and install it, that will get the tabs
> back. Look at the sixth FAQ here:
> http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs
>
> --
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Lainee" <Lainee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I recently have lost pages of existing documents, and now I find I can't
> > insert a page without losing the preceeding page.  I'm not sure they're gone,
> > but I can't access them because the little boxes at the bottom of the screen
> > that contain the page numbers are gone.  The only thing I can think of that
> > might have caused this was a recent download (an update to Office 2007).  Any
> > ideas?

0
Lainee (6)
4/11/2009 4:41:02 PM
Thank you Mary.  I'm running Vista.   "Download and run" I'm assuming means
copy and paste, then run at the command prompt?  Actually, that didn't get me
anywhere.   Please hold my hand here, as I only know enough to be dangerous.
What steps am I leaving out??  How do I install the page sorter utility?  I
appreciate your willingness to share your expertise!

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> You can download the page sorter utility and install it, that will get the tabs
> back. Look at the sixth FAQ here:
> http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs
>
> --
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Lainee" <Lainee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I recently have lost pages of existing documents, and now I find I can't
> > insert a page without losing the preceeding page.  I'm not sure they're gone,
> > but I can't access them because the little boxes at the bottom of the screen
> > that contain the page numbers are gone.  The only thing I can think of that
> > might have caused this was a recent download (an update to Office 2007).  Any
> > ideas?

0
Lainee (6)
4/11/2009 4:45:01 PM
Lainee wrote:
> Thank you Mary.  I'm running Vista.   "Download and run" I'm assuming
> means copy and paste, then run at the command prompt?  Actually, that
> didn't get me anywhere.   Please hold my hand here, as I only know
> enough to be dangerous. What steps am I leaving out??  How do I
> install the page sorter utility?  I appreciate your willingness to
> share your expertise!
First...download the file to your desktop by left clicking
'Single File' then left click 'Save' on the next screen...
choose 'Desktop' in the 'Save In' drop window...left click
the 'Save' button.

To update your registry with the 'ShowStatusBar.reg' file
try the following steps.

Left click the 'ShowStatusBar.reg' file / then click the 'Run'
button and finally...click the 'Yes' button.

You should see a dialog that states: ShowStatusBar.reg
has been successfully entered into the registry / OK.

Good luck.

--

    John Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

            Notice
This is not tech support
      I am a volunteer

 Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

0
oobie (2069)
4/11/2009 5:36:12 PM

"John Inzer" wrote:

> Lainee wrote:
> > Thank you Mary.  I'm running Vista.   "Download and run" I'm assuming
> > means copy and paste, then run at the command prompt?  Actually, that
> > didn't get me anywhere.   Please hold my hand here, as I only know
> > enough to be dangerous. What steps am I leaving out??  How do I
> > install the page sorter utility?  I appreciate your willingness to
> > share your expertise!
> First...download the file to your desktop by left clicking
> 'Single File' then left click 'Save' on the next screen...
> choose 'Desktop' in the 'Save In' drop window...left click
> the 'Save' button.
>
> To update your registry with the 'ShowStatusBar.reg' file
> try the following steps.
>
> Left click the 'ShowStatusBar.reg' file / then click the 'Run'
> button and finally...click the 'Yes' button.
>
> You should see a dialog that states: ShowStatusBar.reg
> has been successfully entered into the registry / OK.
>
> Good luck.
>
> --
>

>     John Inzer MS-MVP
> Digital Media Experience
>
>             Notice
> This is not tech support
>       I am a volunteer
>
>  Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
>
> Proceed at your own risk

0
Lainee (6)
4/13/2009 6:06:03 AM

"John Inzer" wrote:

> Lainee wrote:
> > Thank you Mary.  I'm running Vista.   "Download and run" I'm assuming
> > means copy and paste, then run at the command prompt?  Actually, that
> > didn't get me anywhere.   Please hold my hand here, as I only know
> > enough to be dangerous. What steps am I leaving out??  How do I
> > install the page sorter utility?  I appreciate your willingness to
> > share your expertise!
> First...download the file to your desktop by left clicking
> 'Single File' then left click 'Save' on the next screen...
> choose 'Desktop' in the 'Save In' drop window...left click
> the 'Save' button.
>
> To update your registry with the 'ShowStatusBar.reg' file
> try the following steps.
>
> Left click the 'ShowStatusBar.reg' file / then click the 'Run'
> button and finally...click the 'Yes' button.
>
> You should see a dialog that states: ShowStatusBar.reg
> has been successfully entered into the registry / OK.
>
> Good luck.
>
> --
>

>     John Inzer MS-MVP
> Digital Media Experience
>
>             Notice
> This is not tech support
>       I am a volunteer
>
>  Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
>
> Proceed at your own risk

Many thanks to both Mary and John.  I have tried all yu explained to me, but
it still doesn't give me back my page boxes.  I have also run both RegCure
and Registry Booster 2, then tried all the steps again.  No little boxes--no
pages past page 1.  This is nutsy, yes?
0
Lainee (6)
4/13/2009 6:08:01 AM
I'd try an Office Diagnostic found in the Help menu. If you had the page sorters
when you installed Publisher, they should still be there. The early 2007
Publisher program shipped without the sort tabs, this is why we advised using
the utility. I think you have something else going on.
--

> "John Inzer" wrote:
>
>> Lainee wrote:
>> > Thank you Mary.  I'm running Vista.   "Download and run" I'm assuming
>> > means copy and paste, then run at the command prompt?  Actually, that
>> > didn't get me anywhere.   Please hold my hand here, as I only know
>> > enough to be dangerous. What steps am I leaving out??  How do I
>> > install the page sorter utility?  I appreciate your willingness to
>> > share your expertise!
>> First...download the file to your desktop by left clicking
>> 'Single File' then left click 'Save' on the next screen...
>> choose 'Desktop' in the 'Save In' drop window...left click
>> the 'Save' button.
>>
>> To update your registry with the 'ShowStatusBar.reg' file
>> try the following steps.
>>
>> Left click the 'ShowStatusBar.reg' file / then click the 'Run'
>> button and finally...click the 'Yes' button.
>>
>> You should see a dialog that states: ShowStatusBar.reg
>> has been successfully entered into the registry / OK.
>>
>> Good luck.
>>
>> --
>>

>>     John Inzer MS-MVP
>> Digital Media Experience
>>
>>             Notice
>> This is not tech support
>>       I am a volunteer
>>
>>  Solutions that work for
>> me may not work for you
>>
>> Proceed at your own risk
>>

> Many thanks to both Mary and John.  I have tried all yu explained to me, but
> it still doesn't give me back my page boxes.  I have also run both RegCure
> and Registry Booster 2, then tried all the steps again.  No little boxes--no
> pages past page 1.  This is nutsy, yes?

0
mary.sauer (2018)
4/13/2009 11:19:10 AM
Lainee wrote:
> No little boxes--no
> pages past page 1.  This is nutsy, yes?

As a workaround, you can use Ctrl+G until you get your page tabs back.

Are we correct in assuming that you are using Publisher 2007?

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org

M2004: Change name on home page?
I'm using Money 2004. On the home page it says "So-and-so's Money Home Page". How can I change the name that appears there? -Rod > I'm using Money 2004. On the home page it says "So-and-so's Money Home > Page". How can I change the name that appears there? Figures... I always seem to find a solution right after posting a question! Click Accounts & Bills, Account Setup, Update Personal Information. -Rod ...

Form as Web Page
It has been many years since I used Access, but I would swear that I used to be able to save/export the form as an HTML or at least make it look like a webpage. I want to be able to open the form and add/modify records without having access to (or even see) the tool bars, etc... Yes you could save as a Data Access Page. Does not have all the functionality of regular forms. Maybe this would help: http://databases.about.com/od/tutorials/ss/dataaccess.htm MS Access 2010 will be released in June and has the ability to build web databases. Quite nice from what I have seen. The ...

unwanted blank pages in document
Currently using Publisher 2002 --I have a 30 page document that has 2 blank pages that don't show up until printing. I can't see them to eliminate them. Do I have any way of accessing them? Is it set up as a booklet? -- Don Vancouver, USA "PhysWhiz" <PhysWhiz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F58DB94F-8C81-48C8-B7B9-E55EC0BEF593@microsoft.com... > Currently using Publisher 2002 --I have a 30 page document that has 2 blank > pages that don't show up until printing. I can't see them to eliminate them. > Do I have any way of accessin...

Why doesn't the page preview have the same order as work page?
Why doesn't the preveiw page look like the one I built on the work pages. I have "saved as" and "saved. The nagagation bars in preview goes to different pages than titled. HELP!!!!!! ...

customized views disappear
Every so often my customized views for various folders just disappear. I've created them by copying the current view and modifying the copy, but periodically my copies disappear from the View menu. It seems to pick on my Tasks views regularly, while other customized views (e.g. mail) are fine. This is an Outlook 2002 w/Exchange server environment. Any ideas? ...

Printing only a disclaimer on the even pages of a report
I have a report that must have a disclaimer on the back of each page (no data just verbage). Can someone tell me how to set this up please. TIA for the help. Steve ...

How do I find the inside page in the 3-panel brochure.
I am trying to make a 3-panel brochure and all that seems to be available is the side shown in the brochure options. When I print, it prints both sides yet I can see no way to access the inside part. Thanks. View, status bar... this will allow you to change page views, you will see the page tabs at the bottom of the screen. I am not sure I know what you are asking. Are you saying you are printing the brochure sight unseen? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "springmtn" <springmtn@discussions.microsoft.co...

Find a multiple photos on a page template for Publisher?
Possible to find a template for Publisher to print a page full of multiple photos without recreating the page each time I print. Why not save your page you have created as a template? File, "save as", files of type, scroll down to Publisher template. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "srfaith" <srfaith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:157E95AB-1159-4889-B196-61E147E6E240@microsoft.com... > Possible to find a template for Publisher to print a page full of multiple > photos without recreating the page each time I print. ...

Header
I have a spreadsheet that prints out on 3 pages of A4. However, the header prints at the top of each page. How do I get it to print at the top of the first page, only, please? Gareth -- For essential news about Huddersfield Town Football Club join the Terriers Mailing List at www.Terriers.me.uk . Two separate print jobs are required. You can use a macro to speed it up but it is still two print jobs. See Ron de Bruin's site for code. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 02:46:28 +0100, "Gareth J Dykes" <firstname.lastname@btinternet.com> wrote: >I ...

Format page number in Words Document
Hi, Appreciate if you can help me here. I am trying to number my pages in my document a bit differently using the header and footer but I can't seem to get around doing it. Normally the page numbers will run concurrently in the header or footer as in page 1,2,3,4...etc But what intend to do is add page 5 (a) after page 5 and before page 6. However when I do that under the header or footer page 5 becomes page 5 (a) How do I format this under the header or footer? Thanks You will need to use the following field construction { IF { PAGE } > 5 { IF { PAGE } &...

flag disappears when import messages from oe6
When I import messages into outlook 2003 from OE6 on the same computer,flags on the messages disappears & flag column on outlook is blank Any way to import falgs too with messages. As i have lots of messages which are flagged on OE6 & very difficult to flag them on outlook 2003 manually Attique khawaja I don't think these get migrated. Try it again but this time choose Export from within Outlook Express. -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "khawaja" <anony...

Emailing a Web Page from Outlook
I'm trying to email a web page from Outlook and when I select File, Send, Page by Email, the Outlook Express is opens vs Outlook. I have checked and under Tools, Internet Options, Programs, Outlook is selected as the email program and when I click on an email link on a web site Outook opens. Any ideas why for emailing a page, OE opens vs Outlook. Much thx! try setting it to OE, apply, then reset it to Outlook. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http...

Home Page Content Item: Important Dates (repost)
I asked this question 3 days ago and have received no replies so I'm repeating it. Perhaps the subject name I used: "Important Dates" was too short or sounded like spam. In any case my experience on this board is that even if no one has a solution, someone usually responds saying that he can't reproduce the problem, or that it doesn't work for him either, or that the poster misunderstands what this function is supposed to do. Not having received any response at all, I beg your indulgence with this repost: ***** Money 2006. No Passport. XP Home SP2. P4 3.0 GHz. 1G...

Deploying Report Manager with SSL leaves Help pages as http
Hi, I have an SQL 2005 Reporting Services box that is firewalled and only accessible via https. Reporting Services are therefore configured to require SSL connections (required for 3- All SOAP APIs). This is working perfectly. Unfortunately, the help pages are still advertised with an http link. This doesn't work due to the firewalls and produces an error message. There is a workaround - the users can manually edit the url in the address bar and then the help pages are accessed fine with https. In other words, IIS is correctly serving the https format, but the Reporting Se...

Menu in Word behaving oddly; items (like the entire contents of the Tools menu) disappearing...
Hey, I'd be oh-so-grateful if anyone has any idea how I could address this problem. I'm quite mystified. I'm running MS Word for X on my Mac (OS 10.4.3), and lately some odd things have begun happening. At first I was just working around them, but I've decided live my computer life too much that way (ignoring problems and hoping they go away), so thought I should look into this before it gets out of control. Items have been disappearing from the Word menu bar. That is, for instance, after I had used the "Symbols" option under the "Insert" menu one day, it di...

Customization option disappears under settings
Sometimes when we are logged onto Web crm we can see the customizations button on the navigation pane under settings. Other times it has disappeared altogether and the only way to get it back is to delete the temporary internet files. Does anyone know of a permanent solution for this? I assume this is CRM4. Do you also have CRM Outlook client on this machine? I have found that the Customisations option is not always avaliable in the outlook client, and if you have opened outlook before opening the web, the option will not be in the web client. You can change this my editing the isv.c...

Six Page Newsletter
I want to have a 6 page newsletter using one B size paper for pages 1,2, and 5 and 6. And one A size paper for pages 3 and 4. Is there a way to do this with one file. When tried this before I ended up having 2 files. One for the B size paper and one for the A size. Thank you There may be other ways but here's what comes to mind; Build the two pub files, convert them to pdf and then join the two pdf files into one file. Send out the newsletter as a pdf attachment. -- Don Vancouver USA "pestocat" <gel114@theconnection.com> wrote in message news:enU$gq0UGHA.528...

[Publisher 2003] Print large format on single page?!
Hello, can anyone tell me how I can print a large-format poster on one single smaller page? (I only find the option for distributing the poster on several pages.) Thanks! Frank Will your printer print a large format poster? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Frank Peters" <frank123.nospam@web.de> wrote in message news:c9078d$h9b$03$1@news.t-online.com... > Hello, > > can anyone tell me how I can print a large-format poster on one single > smaller page? (I only find the option for distributing the poster on > several pages.) > > Thanks! Fran...

disappearing e-mail 04-21-10
This has happenend several times: Vista; When I open my e-mail, some email just disappears, it's not in any folder, it's just gone. I''ve read other threads that say make sure you are are set to show all messages and I am. What next? "Trish1856" <pmf1856@cox.net> wrote in message news:C8EFF7C5-B8C5-4F52-8D9F-070299902F6C@microsoft.com... > This has happenend several times: Vista; When I open my e-mail, some > email > just disappears, it's not in any folder, it's just gone. I''ve read other > threads that say make...

What is the meaning of these pages?
I had a real trouble with my SW and sent my question here but obviously I will never get any answer? When browsing the other threads I noticed that most are including only the question, no andwers - are they all already dead if they are not worth of answering - should I also be? no. the person who has the answer hasn't read the thread yet. do you have a question? Post it and see. >-----Original Message----- >I had a real trouble with my SW and sent my question here but obviously I >will never get any answer? > >When browsing the other threads I noticed that most a...

Disappearences
I am visiting Germany for two weeks, and will probably not have the Internet available, so enjoy your time without me. Unfortunately, I will be coming back. (Sorry David) -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm Hey, Ed, have a wonderful time, my granddaughter is in Berlin studying classical harp, say hi to her. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Ed Bennett" <the_nerd@mvps.org> wrot...

How do I print one page only?
I'm using the merge function and have a report with 20 pages. Sometimes I make a mistake on one page and have to reprint but it only lets me reprint all 20 pages.How do I print one page of a multiple page documents? When you select File, Print there is where it will display the pages to print. Say you want only page 12. Select pages from 12 of 12. -- Don Vancouver USA "mandero" <mandero@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:52FFB5AD-3F05-4DB8-AAF3-709503B30F3F@microsoft.com... > I'm using the merge function and have a report with 20 pages. Somet...

I have four to a page postcards and need to put something differe.
I have post cards which are four to a page and need to put something different on each post card. I can't figure out how to do more than one at a time. In Avery I can do four individual cards on one sheet, but it doesn't have the formatting capabilities of publisher. You could set the paper size to 8�"x11, Arrange 2 rows, 2 columns, adjust margins to suit and build four different postcards. -- Don Vancouver, USA "oneelegantone" <oneelegantone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D6980556-55CB-4C6E-9ED0-C88587E4E4F3@microsoft.com... > I h...

how do i delete blank space on one note pages
Once I've added something on to a one note page and then delete it, its not always possible to delete the blank space. Not a big problem in one note, until you come to print and then you get blank pages which is not good for the planet !! Ive tried using the Insert Extra Writing Space in reverse, which sometimes works but not consistently. Im using OneNote 2007 in XP environment -------- Original-Nachricht -------- > Once I've added something on to a one note page and then delete it, its not > always possible to delete the blank space. > > Not ...

drop page fields here and drop series fields here
I have an OLAP chart ion my chart sheet. On the bottom and top have drop page fields and seriers fields here. I have no idea which fields I can drag and drop. any information is great appreciated, Hi, This chart is a pivotchart? If so the field list should be displayed. You can drag any field in the field list to any area, so your choice should be based on what you want to display and how you want to display it. Note that as you change the pivot chart the pivot table will also change and visa versa, so you can drag the fields around on the pivot table to see the effects on the pivo...