page size revers to default by itself

I have a problem with MS Office Publisher 2003,  (11.8166.8172) SP3 on
Windows XP, SP2. I have a large format printer (Epson 1400) that will print
up to 13x17. When I try to print a size larger than 8 1/2 x 11, I set it up
but the printer prints only an 8 1/2 x 11 section of the 13 x 17 page.
When I set up, I set the page size in Publisher 2003 to 11x17. I then select
my printer from the control panel and set it up for 13x17 also. When the
printer's driver window pops up in the lower right hand corner of my screen,
it show that the printer is set for 8 1/2 x 11 and prints that size.
If I go through Print-Preview, I can sometimes get it to show the full 13x17
in the preview. If I print from the preview, it weill sometimes print
correctly, but both of these steps are not repeatable at all.
This problem is unique to Publisher. If I use MS Word (22003)or Adobe
Photoshopelements, v. 5 everything works as it should.
I have tried email support and talked to a real person, but they have not
been able to resolve this.
0
dickm (2)

dickm wrote:
> When I set up, I set the page size in Publisher 2003 to 11x17. I then select
> my printer from the control panel and set it up for 13x17 also.

Once you've created your document in Publisher, it's too late to do
this. Publisher takes the size from the system defaults when the
document is created, and then saves the data with the document.

You need to set the Page Size in File > Page Setup, and the Paper Size
in File > Page Setup > Printer and Paper.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org
dickm wrote:
> I have a problem with MS Office Publisher 2003,  (11.8166.8172) SP3 on
> Windows XP, SP2. I have a large format printer (Epson 1400) that will
> print up to 13x17. When I try to print a size larger than 8 1/2 x 11,
> I set it up but the printer prints only an 8 1/2 x 11 section of the
> 13 x 17 page.
> When I set up, I set the page size in Publisher 2003 to 11x17. I then
> select my printer from the control panel and set it up for 13x17
> also. When the printer's driver window pops up in the lower right
> hand corner of my screen, it show that the printer is set for 8 1/2 x
> 11 and prints that size.
> If I go through Print-Preview, I can sometimes get it to show the
> full 13x17 in the preview. If I print from the preview, it weill
> sometimes print correctly, but both of these steps are not repeatable
> at all.
> This problem is unique to Publisher. If I use MS Word (22003)or Adobe
> Photoshopelements, v. 5 everything works as it should.
> I have tried email support and talked to a real person, but they have
> not been able to resolve this.
Before you open Publisher...it may help if you
go to...Control Panel / Printers...and right click
the icon for your default printer and choose...
Printing Preferences / Advanced button...change
the paper size to the size you require for the
finished project. When you open Publisher it
should reflect this change.

Also...you may need an updated printer driver.

And...the following article may offer some ideas:

(870622) How to troubleshoot problems that
you may experience when you try to print to a
local printer by using Office programs in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/870622/en-us

--

       John Inzer
    MS Picture It! -

      Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

            Notice
This is not tech support
      I am a volunteer

 Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

0
oobie (2069)

Data Access Page + Text Box + Command Button + Pivot Table
Hello, I'm trying to create a DAP tool that is a simple concept. 1. A user enters a value in the text box 2. User clicks command button 3. Command Button takes TextBox.Value and applies the value as a filter for column 1 in the pivot table. Can someone please help me with code? I have no experience with VBScript, but not too shabby with DAO, ADO, VB & VBA. Thanks players! -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com ...

Set default saving files to Read & Write
When I upload all of my Excel files created in Excel 08 (Mac) to my company's server; my colleagues, all PC users, can only open these files to READ ONLY. I tried looking in Excel's preference to reset the default to Read & Write but haven't found it. The process to unlock them is tedious and frustrating. Help and thanks. Well, this is something your system administrator is doing :-) Excel saves files Read/Write by default. If you wanted to save it read-only, you would have to explicitly set that option for each file each time you saved it. Ask your system...

linking web pages
I have created a simple web site containing 5 pages below the home page, looks good in the navigational structure...and I have added a link bar (based on nav. strct) for all 6 pages. In FP, I can hold the ctrl key and select any of my link bar buttons and it will take me to the appropriate page. When I publish it will only show me the home page without the link bars (no text or bar). The navigation web site view shows the levels correctly, but when I view the hyperlink view, it does not show that any of my pages are linked to each other. Can anyone help me through this? Thank you-...

How do I change the default working folder in Outlook 2003?
I want to change the default folder that Outlook 2003 goes to when I want to add an attachment?! How do you do it? Ken Kaye, you wrote on Wed, 18 Apr 2007 11:54:29 -0700: > I want to change the default folder that Outlook 2003 goes to when I want to > add an attachment?! How do you do it? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/823131/en-us -- Best Regards Christian Goeller http://www.outlookfaq.net Christian Goeller <spam@cs-g.net> wrote: > Ken Kaye, you wrote on Wed, 18 Apr 2007 11:54:29 -0700: > >> I want to change the default folder that Outlook 2003 goes to whe...

I need to Publish my pages as html and not htm.
When I publish my web page, it is saved as index.htm. I need it saved as html. All of the web pages that link to my main page use index.html and it woul dbe impossible to change all of their links. How can I save it as a html extension? In the save dialog you select the "index.htm" and type in "index.html". In the future please note that we have a web design forum for web publication questions. David Bartosik - [MSFT MVP] http://www.publishermvps.com http://www.davidbartosik.com "Hess" <Hess@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91507F43-88...

How can I get a table to overflow to next page in Publisher?
How can I get a table to overflow to the next page in Publisher? Any help gratefuly received. Tables do not overflow... If the table is too large to fit on one page, try rotating it 90 degrees. It will be landscaped but it may fit. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "5airs55" <5airs55@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:605F84BC-191E-4E07-8BB7-2BA232208DA5@microsoft.com... > How can I get a table to overflow to the next page in Publisher? Any help > gratefuly received. ...

How do I change the font size in worksheet tabs
You have to change the size of scrollbars on the Appearance tab of the Windows Display Properties dialog. -- Jim "Hairy Hurdler" <Hairy Hurdler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B05B4C14-B871-4F8F-9C38-4043085475DE@microsoft.com... | Thanks. "Jim Rech" wrote: > You have to change the size of scrollbars on the Appearance tab of the > Windows Display Properties dialog. > > -- > Jim > "Hairy Hurdler" <Hairy Hurdler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > news:B05B4C14-B871-4F8F-9C38-4043085475DE...

Set "Reading Pane" and "Arrange By Groups" default to OFF in Outlook 2003
When I create a new folder in Outlook 2003 the default settings for this new folder are "Show Reading pane" and Arrange by Groups" Ok, I can disable these settings for each new folder individually. But is there an option to turn these settings off by default for ALL new folders resp. for all existing folders? Peter ...

ISINTEG
We get hundreds of thousands of "Ignoring message size because it is a CDO generated appointment instance" messages when running ISINTEG. The specific test is the folder test. I even created a new store and moved most of the mailboxes, and these messages still come up. As a result, a pass of this test takes over 7 hours on a 20GB store in a relatively recent server (dual 3.4 processors, 4GB RAM, u320 15k drives). These messages repeat on every pass as they are not "fixed" so I am concerned about my expanding time window for offline maintenance. I've searched the web and...

Sales Transactions should allow a default distribution by batch
When entering sales transactions in Receivalbles, as a service organiztion we use different income accounts to show where our income is coming from. We enter transactions by batch and it would be great if the batch header or by some other means you could designate the distribution by batch. Less errors would occur than with manual entry. And it would be a time saver to be assured the distribution was correct without having to bring up the distribution screen for each transaction. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with t...

E-mailed Report Prints Too Many Pages
When e-mailing a report, we begin by clicking a button that uses a SendObject macro to open the report in Outlook in an RFT format. The e-mail message can be edited at this point, but rarely is. If one opens the report before sending it, it opens and will print six pages of the same report. Likewise, when e-mailed, the recipient who opens the attached report also prints six pages of the same report. I checked the underlying query and can’t find any duplicate records. I checked the Page SetUp in MS Access to see if something there might be responsible, but can’t find anything. Is this a...

How to change the default lookup type from "account" to "contact"
When you use the outlook client to link an e-mail to a crm records the "lookup records" form opens. The default obeject type is set to "account". We would like to change the type to "contact" as default. How can we achieve this? It would be easy to add a onLoad event but I dont find the "lookup records" form in crm Please help! Alex Hi Alexander, Try this in the onload event of the form (where customerid is the name of the field you want to change default for). //change default lookup type to contact if (crmForm.all.customerid != null) { cr...

Default Search Options
I'm very unfamiliar with Excel, so navigating within it is a struggle for me. My boss has created a job tracking system in Excel, with multiple tabs across the bottom, one for each worker in our group. Several times a day I need to find out who is working on a particular job, so I open the tracking system and use Ctrl-F to search for the job number. Is there a way I can reset the default search options when I do this? Every time I use Ctrl-F, it comes up searching within the individual sheet, by formulas. Of course I can't find anything that way, so I need to reset it every ...

last lines on my page is not printing
I have a workfile with 24 sheets, some of them including graphs. I converted my xls file into 2007 xlsx right in the beginning. Now, when I print the pages to my pdf file, some of my graph pages missing the last line and the pagenumbers. ...

How to add records to a table through a data access page?
I have set up tables and queries in a database, and am outputting them to a report, however what i want is to have users enter the data to the required fields through a Data Access Page. I have set up the DAP with all of the info, however when i include the ADD command, and try and use it, i am prompted with the error message that i cannot add because the recordset for the page is read only. I have tried the access help info to discable, however it says to find the read only property which i have not been able to locate. Any help that can be given will be greatly appreciated. Thanks ...

Price List Default
I know this question was asked in '06 but here goes again...We would like a "default" price list to populate in the "Price List" field automatically when creating a quote. Having to Select this only adds to the many clicks needed already. Thanx! Jeff In the CRM customizations section, select the screen with the pricelist you want to default and edit the onload event handler on the screen's form to make the pricelist selection using javascript when the form first loads. You will have to repeat this procedure for every screen that a pricelist selection appears...

New (well, old but only just released) Add-in
An add-in I wrote a while back to set the default Zoom for Publisher is now available from my site at http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/Publisher/add-ins.htm I had completely forgotten to release it (d'oh!) -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm Hi Ed Bennett (the_nerd@mvps.org), in the newsgroups you posted: || An add-in I wrote a while back to set the default Zoom for Publisher || is now available from my site at || http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/Publisher/add-ins.htm I h...

File size in Excel '07 increasing exponentially after a couple revisions
I've been using a spreadsheet with a bunch of macros in Excel 2003 for a couple years, and all was well until we started using 2007. The file is typically about 1MB at its beginning, and normally grows to about 1.4MB as it's filled out. However, in 2007 the file size increases to over 2MB with one revision made via a macro (and save), then 4MB, then 11, then 27. You get the picture. I'm not sure how to get around this. When I save this as a 2007 macro- enabled workbook, the file size seems to stay manageable, but I run into errors with my code. I would prefer a solution to the s...

CRM 1.2 New Install
Hi, I'm installing CRM 1.2 for the first time. Went through the entire install checklist, everything successfull so far including adding new user. When I try to logon to the website though, I get this error after authenticating. I've searched everywhere and get nothing: Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Unable to load file 'Microsoft.Crm.Application.Pages.Help'...

Notes
I went to notes and opened a new form. Instead of making it a full page, I pulled it out at the sides to make it fit the full screen. It&#8217;s now so big that I can&#8217;t drag it back to a smaller size. Anyway to fix this? (Outlook 2003) If you can still see the coloured bar across the top of the note, right-click it and select Size. If you can't, Alt-Space should bring up the same menu, then press S. Either way, your cursor will change to a four-headed arrow. Press one of the arrow keys. This may make the cursor jump off the screen if that's where the edge of t...

Setting Default Zoom Level?
Hello, How can I set the default zoom level for all worksheets to a specific size when ever a new sheet is opened? I've tried using this code, but it gives me an error that says "Object variable or With block variable not set" Sub Auto_Open() ActiveWindow.Zoom = 85 End Sub Thanks for any help. Jim Put this in the ThisWorkbook module. Then, even if someone has changed it, each time the sheet is activated the zoom will change. Private Sub Workbook_SheetDeactivate(ByVal Sh As Object) ActiveWindow.Zoom = 85 End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austi...

Setting audio driver as default in Windows 7
In Windows 7, how can I make an audio driver as the default one for playback while installing? I was using SetupPreferredAudioDevices keyword in my INF file to make the audio driver default in Windows Vista. But I could see that in Windows 7 this support is not available. Is there any other way to make the driver default at the time of installation? Arun Sankar <Arun Sankar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >In Windows 7, how can I make an audio driver as the default one for playback >while installing? I was using SetupPreferredAudioDevices keyword in my INF &g...

How to reduce font size for Folder list and email list?
I no longer need huge fonts! Hooray! I know certain areas of OE font size are governed by IE text size. I changed IE text size to smallest. That changed the OE "splash" screen size. But how do I change the font size for Folders on the left and the list of emails on the right? I also got font size for reading emails and replying and composing changed to smaller. So, it mostly the two mentioned above that are still in very large font. Oh, and looking at the headers as I type this...they are still in very large font. How do I change that? I'm getting frustrated at ...

Is there a company size where GP no longer cuts it?
We use GP for Payroll/HR, financial and accounts payable. I'm just the IT guy so I just enough to keep it running. Anyway, I had a user come into my office, upset about the software. She's convinced that the software can't be used for Payroll for a company larger than we are, ~450 employees. While I do trust the software is more capable, it did make me wonder, how big does the software scale, in terms of payroll? She was sure that Fargo's Microsoft campus couldn't possibly use the software for payroll. So my question is...how big are the biggest of companies ...

Every cell has a page break?!?!
Someone at my office had a file that when opened. (Excel 2007) would show every cell with page breaks showing hidden lines around every cell. Couldn't figure out out to remove the breaks. It wouldn't allow you to remove them. If you hit print preview it would say something like 1 to 4000 pages. Is there a simple fix for this? You should be able to go to view and hit normal right above page break preview. "Garyntx" wrote: > Someone at my office had a file that when opened. (Excel 2007) would show > every cell with page breaks showing hidden lines around...