Page Size 5' x 3'

I'm trying to create a poster that's 5' wide and 3' tall and for some reason
when I go to print preview the document, its cut off (document is to wide for
the page).

I'm using printing it to an Adobe Acrobat document with a page size that is
60" wide and 36" tall.

I'm not totally sure if it's Publisher or Acrobat, but I'm guessing that
there is a maximum size that Publisher can produce.

Any help would be appreciated.
0
LCayetano (1)

I cannot duplicate this. Use the banner setup instead of poster in page setup, 5' x
3'.  In print preview Acrobat shows the entire poster for me, albeit tiled. I changed
the lap to zero, Acrobat created 30 pages!

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"LCayetano" <LCayetano@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to create a poster that's 5' wide and 3' tall and for some reason
> when I go to print preview the document, its cut off (document is to wide for
> the page).
>
> I'm using printing it to an Adobe Acrobat document with a page size that is
> 60" wide and 36" tall.
>
> I'm not totally sure if it's Publisher or Acrobat, but I'm guessing that
> there is a maximum size that Publisher can produce.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

0
gsauer (5093)
12/5/2005 11:20:59 PM
LCayetano <LCayetano@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard
to utter:
> I'm using printing it to an Adobe Acrobat document with a page size
> that is 60" wide and 36" tall.
>
> I'm not totally sure if it's Publisher or Acrobat, but I'm guessing
> that there is a maximum size that Publisher can produce.

Publisher will not produce printed pages larger than 48", it will tile
beyond that limit.

You could scale the publication down in Publisher, and use Acrobat to scale
it up, or alternatively you could probably use Acrobat to merge the pages
together.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6344)
12/5/2005 11:53:23 PM
I am able to print banners larger than 48" to Adobe PDF.

--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.
> LCayetano <LCayetano@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard
> to utter:
>> I'm using printing it to an Adobe Acrobat document with a page size
>> that is 60" wide and 36" tall.
>>
>> I'm not totally sure if it's Publisher or Acrobat, but I'm guessing
>> that there is a maximum size that Publisher can produce.
>
> Publisher will not produce printed pages larger than 48", it will tile
> beyond that limit.
>
> You could scale the publication down in Publisher, and use Acrobat to
> scale it up, or alternatively you could probably use Acrobat to merge the
> pages together.
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
bkvalheim1 (519)

report new page for each alpha
I have a report that produces an alphabetic directory, with the entries for each new letter (A, B, C,) starting on a new page. I have one letter, U, which has only one entry, and for some reason it is coming out on the last T page (it is the only single-entry letter which happens to fall behind a "full" page, where there isn't room on the previous page - but there are plenty of other "short" pages where it correctly does a page break before a letter. Any reason a particular letter (and it's not the only single-entry letter) might not break pages proper...

attachment/email size limits
This is somewhat of a poll for the admins out there. In general, for those who admin exchange servers with multiple clients, (and or sites). Do you limit email size or attachment sizes? And if so, what is your limit set to? (I'm not refering to inbox or account size limits, I'm referring to the size of individual emails). Currently our company has no limit on what can be sent or received. Although most of our outside recipients that we email with on a regular basis do have limits. Most range from the 3 to 5 meg range. 40MB for incoming, 15MB for outgoing. Jayjay wrote: ...

error 80070103 after trying to install my saitek cyborg x joystick
i have tried installing my saitek cyborg x joystick several different ways - install cd, "plug and play" while getting the drivers from microsoft and the saitek websites and have had no luck. still getting the "error 80070103" message. help? Tip: Do not install any driver updates offered by Windows Update. Get them from the manufacturer's website instead. http://www.saitek.com/uk/down/drivers.php "gabriel_blues" wrote: > i have tried installing my saitek cyborg x joystick several different ways - > install cd, "plug and play" ...

Page not found error when opening business portal
Hi We're trying to install Invoice Approvals and Accruals 8.0, sharepoint services sp2 and Business Portal 2.5 Feature Pack to work with Great Plains 8.0 We can install Sharepoint services and Invoice Approvals and Accruals ok and they work fine However, when we install Business Portal and browse to http://servername/sites/businessportal/ We receive a "page not found" error screen We've tried several things but nothing seems to work Sharepoint services is installed in server farm mode and has been configured correctly (as far as I can tell) Any help would be great...

Page Setup #4
I set up a document for dimensions to be 8x11, save it and close it. The next day I open that same document and find that it has gone back to the default settings of 8.5x11? Would anyone know how I can avoid this risky behavior? -- Chips and Charlie Is your stock actually 8 inches? If it is you must setup your printer for 8 X 11 as well as your page setup. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Chips and Charlie" <ChipsandCharlie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E619DDBA-9FF3-4E26-8D3...

Load Last Page
I know you can "load first page" In CRM. Is there a way to Load LAST page instead of having to load each page? thank you The easiest way is changing the sort order (click on the appropriate column header). This then displays the "last" page. It's not exactly the same though. -- Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP CRM Blog on http://www.stunnware.com ---------------------------------------------------------- "Bernardina" <dl@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:6243B5ED-9377-49CD-8CB3-9E84F1BAE5FA@microsoft.com... >I ...

4 page publication onto a website
I am trying to put a 4 page publication on to the website so that it can be opened by people who don't have publisher. I managed to do it last month but for can't remember how I did it. When I convert it to a web page it only shows the first page of the publication. Last months issue, when I checked back is a mht.doc but I don't know how I converted the publisher document to this. Can anyone help please? How about converting the Publisher file to a PDF. This way more visitors will have the capability to view it. Many folks here recommend the free primopdf which can be ...

Saving one page -- as Template?
Therre are several pages in a 40-page booklet I want to save to use in future editions. Is there a method to save these pages for re-us? Or must I save the entire publication as a Template? Can I copy single pages and paste in another .pub file? Save the entire document and delete out the pages you don't want. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "cuig" <cuig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16052168-6085-43D0-AD8B-2CF4839933FC@microsoft.com... > Therre are several pages in...

Formula for excel example 555 x 15%
=555*0.15 -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "sari" <sari@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7B4BA8D5-04A4-4195-B749-DFEED0452A3A@microsoft.com... > ...

how to have my titles move down as i scroll down the page
hi what i want to do is have the top line of the exel sheet move down the page and stay in veiw so i can easily see which field i am currently woorking on. can anyone tell me how to do this? yours david Click on the last row of heading (or row 1 if there is just one row) Use Windows Freeze best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "DAVIDPEOVER" <DAVIDPEOVER@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7F17D28F-2A71-437B-BF81-AEEB9D880B15@microsoft.com... > hi what i want to do is have the top line of the exel sheet move...

priv1.edb has suddenly grown double size?
Hello, hope you can help. Yesterday our exchange 2003 suddenly broke down. I looked in the eventviewer and it told that the database has reached its maximum size 16Gb. This couldn't be true? I have 70 users and their maximum mailbox size are 150Mb each. This could maximum be 10,5Gb. I ofte check the database size and recently it was 7Gb. But - yes the priv1.edb was 15Gb and there was 1800 .log files, which together was 10Gb. WHAT has gone wrong? I called MS tech support, and they advised me to apply Exchange SP2. I did and then it was possible to mount the IS again. Thats great...

text size in reading pane
Where is the font selection / text size control for the Outlook 2003 reading pane (incoming emails)? I just bought a brand new dell with windows xp and all and I can't even increase the text size of incoming emails as I could with older versions of Outlook Express. I have been trying to figure this out for around 15 hours now and have come up empty. What kind of progress is this anyway???? A program rendered unable to accomplish such a simple practical thing like that!! Im very upset. My vision is poor. Unless I get an answer soon, I am considering a return of this unit to dell...

Client Size
Hello folks. When called from CDialogBar::OnCreate(), GetClientRect() is not returning the size of the CDialogBar as it would when called from CDialogBar::OnEraseBkgnd(CDC* pDC) with pDC->GetClipBox(); Why and how to get the full width and height of the CDialogBar upon creation ? The CDialogBar is actually a class I inherited from CDialogBar. In its OnCreate() I'm attempting to create a CTabCtrl which takes the whole width of the bar, but it doesn't work because of the wrong RECT size. The code looks like this: afx_msg int Toolbar::OnCreate(LPCREATESTRUCT lpCs) { if(-1 == TOOLBA...

Office X 'clean' reinstall: delete all old files?
I'm about to try installing the latest bug-fix collection, sorry. "security update" for Office X, 10.1.6. I'm hoping it might reduce the frequency of Word's charming crashes. Who knows, I might get lucky and it'll even fix the completely messed up 'contact' feature in Word that is grayed out most of the time, but when it decides to work, will only list the 'A's' from my address book. Just useless. Anyway, back to the plot: since my Office X is so bent out of shape, I figure I'll do a 'clean install' from the original disk first, then...

PST size #4
I know there's an upper limit on PST size and have been thinking of starting to make my PST files a yearly thing so I'd have 2005.pst at the end of this year and start on 2006.pst next year. Now the thought occurs to me that, maybe, my plan won't work if, in fact, the limit is for the total pst files. So, the question is, is the size limited to the total number of pst files one has or for each pst file individually? On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 14:10:02 -0300, "Tim Scott Mathews" <nospam@nospam.ca> wrote: >I know there's an upper limit on PST size and have ...

Need help importing from Entourage 2001 to X
Hello, I am trying to import from Entourage 2001 to X, when i choose to import from program and i go to the directory where Entourage 2001 is locate and try to selected, it won't let me selected the program. is there a work around for this? regard, SolarPunk On 10/3/03 08:06 AM, in article 749b1a48.0310030706.4312608b@posting.google.com, "SolarPunk" <solarpunk@fusionrain.com> wrote: > I am trying to import from Entourage 2001 to X, when i choose to > import from program and i go to the directory where Entourage 2001 is > locate and try to selected, it won't...

Web hyperlinks: default browser and resulting browser window size?
Hi, Am using Excel 97 (I know it is old but I like it!) with Windows XP Pro (SP2). Have a series of web hyperlinks in a worksheet, that load the current chart for a specified chart, from Yahoo Finance. For example: http://chart.finance.yahoo.com/c/1y/c/tls.ax will load the chart for the Australian telco "Telstra". All the links work just fine but have two questions: 1) My default internet browser is Firefox but the links always open Internet Explorer. Is there a way to ensure that Firefox is used? 2) The loaded chart appears in a maximised IE window. Which is a bit silly as t...

Form pages
Is it possible to have a two page form and only print the first page or second page when needed.? Depending on your design, you should be able to use the File/Print dialog box selection to print 1 of 2, or 2 of 2 pages. But, forms are made for data entry, and viewing... not printing. Better that you develop a rptPageOne and a rptPageTwo and select either for printing from your form. -- hth Al Campagna Microsoft Access MVP http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions/index.html "Find a job that you love... and you'll never work a day in your life." &quo...

Print multiple tabs on one page
How to print multiple tabs in excel onto one page in one print job? Tab1 and tab2 have different format and cannot be combined into one tab. Need to print the two worksheets one on top of each other is the same direction. Tried Report Manager but printed on two pieces of paper. Any suggestions? One way to accomplish something like this is to play around with "pictures". I'm on an XL97 machine now so, When you hold down <Shift> and hit <Edit>, you get a different dialog box .... one that contains "picture " options. So, select an entire sheet, or p...

Can VISIO 2007 work on multiple pages of an org chart simultaneous
I created an org chart with over 100 pages using the Org Chart Wizard and Excel, I’m assigning colors to various shapes using the Data Graphic feature. To apply the colors I choose “Edit” then “select all” which selects all the shapes on the current sheet, then I select “Apply To Selected Shapes” from the Data Graphics pane, this works fine for the current sheet but is there a way to apply this to all the sheets at once. Thanks Mark, I've written a macro for you to try in my blog... See Applying Selected DataGraphic to the Whole Document - http://bvisual.spaces.live.com/...

How do I do a Print Preview of the "Current / Active" page on a fo
Hello all I have attached a command button to a form and when I press the button it brings up a print preview of the report attached to the form. The problem is that it always shows Page 1 of the report as the default page. I can then only navigate to theother pages in the report by clicking the page arrow at the bottom of the report. How do I code the button so that when I click the button it shows a preview of the "current" record rather than always showing the first page of the report as the default page? I want to use this so that once people have completed filling inform...

Excel file with Active X programming growing uncontrollably
I have designed an Excel spreadsheet with a number of formulas, buttons (Active X) and VB code connected to them. All it does is calculations on values in cells and on other worksheets and workbooks. I regularly save the latest version of this Excel file under a new name. But every time I do this it seems to grow enormously. The first version was 734 KB. There are only minor changes in the program since then, but the latest version has grown to 7,7 MB! But there is really no more data stored in it that in the first one. Does anyone have a clue what is happening here, and what I can do?...

Home Page
The list of changes that can be suggested is almost endless; however, I will make an attempt. 1) What is the deal with the wasted space at the top of the page. Looks like Microsoft is attempting to make the Home Page look like a web page. However, since it seems to do nothing. Perhaps, you could get rid of it and save the space on my screen so that I could use the space to attempt to work. 2) The navigation pane. Nice if you want it. I do not want it. I have cancelled multiple times. However, apparantly the Microsoft wisdoms have decided that all users MUST display the navigat...

Re: survey page
=?Utf-8?B?cGF1bGh0aHI=?= <paulhthr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:3123A86B-6BBA-4990-BE9B-F1DE389E4C68@microsoft.com > > Thank you for that. I am using Frontpage. I made the survey form in > Frontpage and now I needthe results of the survey to be stored when > they are submitted to an Access database. I am sorry I was not clear > earlier-I am probably using the wrong terminology. Can you explain > how to link the Frontpage form to the database to store the inputted > information. For example when the survey taker submits the form, I > want the datab...

Mailbox size #4
Hi, I have three questions. 1. I am useing Exchange 5.5. Yesterday, The IS service was stoped due to the mailbox size reached the maximum limit. Then I restored the exchange server by using the backup two days ago. The IS service is able to start now and I cleaned a lot of space. But I don't know why the PRIV.EDB file size is still keep the same amount and never reduce no matter how many space I have free? 2. How can I configure the default mail box size for all users? 3. Since I have to restore the missing email for two days, is there anyway I can retrieve the two days email f...