Page Size 5' x 3'

I'm trying to create a poster that's 5' wide and 3' tall and for some reason
when I go to print preview the document, its cut off (document is to wide for
the page).

I'm using printing it to an Adobe Acrobat document with a page size that is
60" wide and 36" tall.

I'm not totally sure if it's Publisher or Acrobat, but I'm guessing that
there is a maximum size that Publisher can produce.

Any help would be appreciated.
0
LCayetano (1)

I cannot duplicate this. Use the banner setup instead of poster in page setup, 5' x
3'.  In print preview Acrobat shows the entire poster for me, albeit tiled. I changed
the lap to zero, Acrobat created 30 pages!

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"LCayetano" <LCayetano@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to create a poster that's 5' wide and 3' tall and for some reason
> when I go to print preview the document, its cut off (document is to wide for
> the page).
>
> I'm using printing it to an Adobe Acrobat document with a page size that is
> 60" wide and 36" tall.
>
> I'm not totally sure if it's Publisher or Acrobat, but I'm guessing that
> there is a maximum size that Publisher can produce.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

0
gsauer (5093)
12/5/2005 11:20:59 PM
LCayetano <LCayetano@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard
to utter:
> I'm using printing it to an Adobe Acrobat document with a page size
> that is 60" wide and 36" tall.
>
> I'm not totally sure if it's Publisher or Acrobat, but I'm guessing
> that there is a maximum size that Publisher can produce.

Publisher will not produce printed pages larger than 48", it will tile
beyond that limit.

You could scale the publication down in Publisher, and use Acrobat to scale
it up, or alternatively you could probably use Acrobat to merge the pages
together.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6344)
12/5/2005 11:53:23 PM
I am able to print banners larger than 48" to Adobe PDF.

--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.
> LCayetano <LCayetano@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard
> to utter:
>> I'm using printing it to an Adobe Acrobat document with a page size
>> that is 60" wide and 36" tall.
>>
>> I'm not totally sure if it's Publisher or Acrobat, but I'm guessing
>> that there is a maximum size that Publisher can produce.
>
> Publisher will not produce printed pages larger than 48", it will tile
> beyond that limit.
>
> You could scale the publication down in Publisher, and use Acrobat to
> scale it up, or alternatively you could probably use Acrobat to merge the
> pages together.
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
bkvalheim1 (519)

.xls changes sizes from one computer to another
An excel worksheet that we use prints out nicely on one computer; however, when another user accesses it off of the network and does a print preview, the columns of the worksheet squash together in the middle of the worksheet into and only by reducing the view by 99% is the second user able to print correctly. I don't know the circumstances regarding this but I am told this is the way it has always been. Any input would be greatly appreciated. ...

page header and footer not showing in form view
I have an unbound form where the page header and footer are visible in design view, but not in form view (with the window large enough to view the whole form -including the H/F and detail secions) Is the form corrupt? (it's a very simple form and can easily be recreated), or am I missing a toggle somewhere? thanks in advance, mark Mark Access offers BOTH page headers/footers and form headers/footers. Which one(s) are you using? Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Access MVP -- Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned in this ...

x-y scatter plots and trend lines
I need to plot my data as individual series on an x-y plot (i.e. each series only contains one point) and add an intercept line through one of these series. In versions of Excel prior to 2007, I was able to add a trend line to a series (again, a single point) and then format it such that it went through the x- or y-intercept of my choice; however, in Excel 2007 I am not able to do this. If I add a trend line, it will appear in the legend, but I will be unable to format it and it does not appear. I have found a way around this by adding the intercept to the data series, but this involves reorg...

Two orientations on one page
I'm using Publisher 2003 to create part of my wedding announcements. The document is about 1/4 page in size, so there are 4 per page. Across the top of each piece there is going to be some cutting done with a special die cutter. As such, it would be much easier if the two bottom quarters were upside down, so that the bottom edge of the page was in fact the top edge of the bottom two announcements. Hopefully that makes sense... How can I do this in publisher - that is, how can I print four per page (got that part already) so that the bottom two are upside-down (can't seem to ...

How do insert page numbers in excel
how do i insert page numbers in excel as it appears in word? You create a footer. Use File>Page Setup>Header/Footer>Footer>Page 1 -- Regards, Fred Please reply to newsgroup, not e-mail "Timothy" <Timothy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F49714AA-F9B4-430C-9F07-759B944429BF@microsoft.com... > how do i insert page numbers in excel as it appears in word? ...

Home Page #2
I have just finished an upgrade to GP 10. I have a few users that are not able to view the homepage. I set the homepage feature visible=1 globally and these 4 users still cannot see the homepage. Is there some sort security setting that I am missing? thanks -- Paula Are the client machines synced? "Paula" wrote: > I have just finished an upgrade to GP 10. I have a few users that are not > able to view the homepage. I set the homepage feature visible=1 globally and > these 4 users still cannot see the homepage. Is there some sort security > setting that I...

Size Grid
Does anyone here use a size grid, whereas you could enter different sizes and widths, like in footwear and get corresponding reports. What software and version are you on? MSPOS doesn't support Matrix items at all. MS RMS has always supported matrix options, but the interface was reworked & Improved in the newest release, Version 2.0. In addition, there are several 3rd party add-ins that extend the support for Matrix features that has always existed in RMS. Contact your RMS reseller for additional details, or search back in the newsgroups and you should find some references t...

Maximum size of a CString?
Hi, does anyone know what the maximum size of a CString is? I was thinking of using CStrings to store the entire contents of various text files! >Hi, does anyone know what the maximum size of a CString is? I was thinking of >using CStrings to store the entire contents of various text files! Under Win32, CStrings are effectively limited only by the heap memory available to a process - so in a practical situation it's going to be many MB. Dave That should work. However, if you have many files that are very large, I would recommend an algorithm that breaks the file up into block...

Message Size Limits #2
Can anyone tell me how to configure my Exchange 2003 server so that there is a default incoming/outgoing size limit of 5 MB, but I can override this on a user by user basis? I have set the global settings with a 5 MB limit which will apply to all users and then I brought up my account in ADUC and entered in 10 MB for the sending/receiving limit. Should this override the global limit? However, when I go to send a 7 MB email attachment nothing happens - it goes directly into my Badmail folder skipping the outbound SMTP queue. I don't ever even get an NDR back. Any ideas? Hi Mark, Hop...

Change Password Http page on OWA, page not found error
I need help. I have configured the password change option on Exchange 2003 Ent/Windows 2000 Advanced, as described in the following link: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Securing-Exchange-Server-2003-Outlook-Web-Access-Chapter5.html But when I click the Change Password Option I get an error that says "the page cannot be found" Http error 404. Does anyone have any idea on what I am missing? Thank U in advance. Hi, Do you have SSL enabled, this needs to be enabled before the change password option will work. Also you might want to look at this article: http://support.micro...

How do I exclude first pages in document for TOC
I want to exclude the first 3 pages from a table of contents. I do not know how to do this. Also I want to have some pages potrait and some pages landscape within the document. When I change one page from potrait to landscape they all change. How do I include dynamic references in a document. example. I have standard on page seven. I want to live reference (shortcut) to this standard from page 54 and page 183. Haven't be able to figure this out. Thanks for the help. On what are you basing the Table of Contents? If it is based no Heading Styles, you should not use...

Problem printing Word doc with links to other Word files: only 1st pages
Hi all, My word Doc contains links to other documents. With code visible it looks like: {LINK Word.Document.8 "Full file name 1" "" \a \p } {LINK Word.Document.8 "Full file name 2" "" \a \p } etcetera If I view the master document or print it, only the first page of each linked document is visible/printed. How do I fix this? Thanks in advance Jan Objects linked via OLE cannot exceed a page. You can use INCLUDETEXT fields instead; see http://word.mvps.org/faqs/tblsfldsfms/includetextfields.htm. Note that if you are using Word ...

HELP!!! My X/Z/ZZ Reports Show $0.00
Just started usinf RMS and find that even though sales are journaling fine and daily sales reports accurately show totals, whenever I run an X/Z/ZZ report, the Tender Type is cash an the amount is $0. Is there something that needs to be set to enable these reports? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_012D_01C924B0.29D15B00 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Comickaze, Sounds like you have other open batches. Every time you lose connection = with the server and you have Terminal Offline enabled, ...

Centering Web Pages
Does Microsoft Plan on making any changes to this feature? I am really disappointed. I have used other products that were easier to use and don't have this problem. I have spent several days builing a site that looks stupid all shoved to the left. -- 2parrots Please understand that Publisher is a desktop publishing program first and foremost. You're taking advantage of an additional capability. If you're looking for a program that's easier to use for websites, consider FrontPage. (Purely my opinion) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "2 parrots&qu...

How to make Excel treat the dates AS DATES which are taken from a Web Page ?
Hi guyz, i have a web page which has a column in which dates are given in the following format dd/mm/yy hh:mm:ss which is a perfectly acceptable format for excel, then i opened this web page through excel so as to parse the data into different columns, but when i proceeded to perform some operations like month() weeknum() etc on the date column, excel returned errors of !value, ie excel is still treating that perfect date column as text, and no.... changing the format of the cells didnt help, so people plz advise as to how to make excel treat that column as a proper date column so as to allow...

How do I increase the size of my ad in Publisher?
I'm new to Publisher, and I've created an ad, but when I send it or print it, it's far too small. How do I e-mail it so my recipient will see a readable ad? Or print it in a larger view? I've saved it as a PDF file but when I print it, the ad is only 2 incehs square and unreadable. Same thing if I send it in an e-mail. Help, please. Thanks. How about using a larger font. -- Don Vancouver, USA "pubscout" <pubscout@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5E75AC44-DDC3-4D1D-9043-777A265A279D@microsoft.com... > I'm new to Publisher, and I...

How to insert a page in a book that has linked text boxes.
How do you link a text box to the previous and following pages after inserting a new page in a sequentially paged document. If I understand you correctly you have something like this. 10 page booklet and pages 1 through 5 are linked, page 6 isn't and pages 7 through 10 are linked. Now you want to link all pages 1 through 10. Here's how I would do it in Publisher 2000 Create 5 linked pages to page 5. Now you have pages 1 through 10 linked, page 11 and page 12 through 15 linked. Cut (copy)/paste new page 11 (orig pg 6) to new page 6. Now for a little razzle dazzle. Go to new p...

How can I develop booklet using folded 11 x 17 paper
I want to print a newsletter in portrait orientation on 11 x 17 paper to be folded once. I use a cd to print from and need the pages alligned so the commercial printer can print one sheet of 11 x 17 two sided, folded in the middle so I end up with a four page 8.5 x 11 newsletter. You could do like I do - give the printer a .pdf file with your newsletter laid out as four pages that are 8� x 11 and let your printer deal with the rest. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Nicholai Wortman" <Nicholai Wortman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:444...

Msgbox Function
Is there any way to increase the font size used within the msgbox function? Running Access 2007 and using the msgbox function to display info about a data entry error on the form. The error was found within a macro that run after user presses a button on the form. I would like to make the msgbox easier to read with a larger font. Is this possible? PaulP wrote: > Is there any way to increase the font size used within the msgbox > function? > > Running Access 2007 and using the msgbox function to display info about a > data entry error on the form. The er...

HTML web-page as email
We want to send a web-page as an email. How can I compose such an "HTML email"? You can either compose it in outlook or in an html editor. If you use an html editor, use file, insert, as text to insert it into Outlook. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM You can access this newsgr...

Word 2007
My company has just switched over to Office 2007. One issue that came to light this morning is that if a document has Page Break Before codes to force new pages, the document appears fine if you've got Show/Hide turned on. If Show/Hide is turned off, then the Page Break Before codes seem to disappear and the pages appear overlapped. Specifically, my document has pages 2, 3 and 4 set with Page Break Before codes and all four pages show (overlapped) on page 1 when I turn off Show/Hide. Is there a setting that needs to be turned on to make the document appear correct reg...

Internet Page Viewer In Access 2000 Form (I Think)
Good afternoon, I am somewhat rusty in access but in short, I have been tasked with creating a database to store details of possible acquisitions. In essense, its probably just a simple form displaying basic information, company name number of employees etc. but something I would like to do is have a mini snapshot or live view of the companie's current web-page. I know I could have a text box which hyper links to the compaies page and perhaps have a picture of the site or link to the picture but I wanted sto do something a bit more fancy. Is there a way of having a mini internet ...

where is the object size button in publisher
Right-click the object, format object, size tab... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Helpless rainbowdee" <Helplessrainbowdee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9895F3AD-0274-46EF-9F87-3EDD58AD6E94@microsoft.com... > ...

Send nofication of not accepting e-mails larger than ... size
Hi, We restricted the size of the e-mail a user can sent internally as well as externally. Is it a way to send a notification when someone attempts to send a larger message. Currently the administrator receives all this notifications. We have Exchange 2000. Thanks in advance, Charris Lappas ...

Watermark on single page
I have inserted a watermark on the master page but I want it to only be on one side of my brochure Leane wrote: > I have inserted a watermark on the master > page but I want it to only be on one side of > my brochure ==================================== Remove the watermark from the Master Page and add it only to the page/s you want it on. -- John Inzer What version Publisher. In 2003 you can have multiple Master Pages. Earlier versions, you will have to do what John Inzer suggested or create a white rectangle, send it to the back. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.mi...