How can I set up a calendar with 8.5x11 (landscape) pages with pictures for
each month to print on tabloid (11x17) paper so it can be saddle stiched? I
would like the picture on the top half and calendar on the bottom half. I
keep ending up with two  of the same pictures on one page and two calendars
on the next page. Thanks, Bob
0
4799 (1)

I assume you are taking this to a professional printer so why not just set
each page up as a landscape 8� x 11 and let your printer do the rest?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Bob at 4799" <Bob at 4799@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can I set up a calendar with 8.5x11 (landscape) pages with pictures
> for
> each month to print on tabloid (11x17) paper so it can be saddle stiched?
> would like the picture on the top half and calendar on the bottom half. I
> keep ending up with two  of the same pictures on one page and two
> calendars
> on the next page. Thanks, Bob

0
jl_paules1 (1069)
3/18/2006 1:48:46 AM
Setup as a booklet, 16 pages. Insert your first picture on page 2, rotate 90
degrees, the calendar will be on page 3, rotated 90 degrees and so on.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Bob at 4799" <Bob at 4799@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can I set up a calendar with 8.5x11 (landscape) pages with pictures for
> each month to print on tabloid (11x17) paper so it can be saddle stiched? I
> would like the picture on the top half and calendar on the bottom half. I
> keep ending up with two  of the same pictures on one page and two calendars
> on the next page. Thanks, Bob

0
gsauer (5093)

Changing page numbers #2
Is there any way of making page numbering start at a different number? I created a 16 A5 page document, the first two and last two sheets were a cover page which I printed separately. When I printed pages 3-14 I was asked if I wanted the pages to be printed as a separate document and I replied YES. However the page numbering on this separate document started at page 3 - I would have preferred page 1. The obvious solution of deleting pages 1,2,15,16 did not work. When I deleted pages 1 and 2 the text moved on leaving blank pages. I realise now that the text of the document was a continuous s...

How to trace changes made to Posting Setup
for some reason, we have to grant acess to few users on Setup > Posting > Posting. But for support reason, we would also like 'trace' who is making changes to the setup. anybody has any advice how to trace this? thks There is a tool from Rockton called the Auditor that will do this for you. "HFLo" wrote: > for some reason, we have to grant acess to few users on Setup > Posting > > Posting. > > But for support reason, we would also like 'trace' who is making changes to > the setup. > > anybody has any advice how to trace th...

how come one paricular excel file will not open w/o errors?
I have a PocketPC that I sync up with my Home Computer on a daily basis. I have a few files of excel and of word. This morning while trying to access one particular file of Excel, I wasn't able to do it and the weird thing is, all of my other files are still retrievable. Is this file corrupt? Is this file somehow marked as "read-only"? --even though I checked the properties and it said it wasn't. ...

Page Break Preview
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel What happened to Page Break Preview in Excel 2008? This was an excellent feature but can't find it now. This view got replaced by the Page Layout view. On 30/07/08 23:27, in article 59b559ff.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "niles@officeformac.com" <niles@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > Processor: Intel > > What happened to Page Break Preview in Excel 2008? This was an excellent > feature but can't find it now. -- Michel Bi...

Finding current printer page number
I have hunted for this without success. I want to know - programmatically - what page the active cell is in. More precisely, what page ActiveCell.Top is in. (I take it some sows can split into more than one page.) I want to automate putting manual page breaks into a sheet. I would put breaks at or before those automatically inserted by Excel. Thanks -- Walter Briscoe In message <KBH7nVN7dSuJFwvS@freenetname.co.uk> of Thu, 12 Mar 2009 15:17:15 in microsoft.public.excel.newusers, Walter Briscoe <wbriscoe@nospam.demon.co.uk> writes >I have hunted for this without success. >...

"Private" as Default Calendar Item Setting possible?
I want to force my Outlook2000 to mark every new calendar entry as "private". Until yet I did not find any solution - anybody who can help me? Thank you! You will need to do this manually - there is no option to mark everything private by default in Outlook 2000. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Gerd asked: | I want to force my Outlook2000 to mark every new calendar...

formatting all the pages
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001B_01C90929.7C8EC410 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I asked this a few days ago, as to setting up each page in a calendar = alike (so the picture is in the same place on each page) I probably confused everyone by not asking it clearly. I'm coming across the same question again. I'd like to format/set up = ONE page of a calendar and have it applied to all the pages, is this = possible? Without having to go over each page and use rulers, and line...

CRM SFO, What Will Happen w/ This Contact Upon Syching?
I have a user who is currently offline. He is entering/populating a CRM contact from within Outlook -- The contact has a green icon and has a 'Open CRM Contact Forrm' button upon opening the contact. If the user populates the "Company" field for this contact (performed by clicking and typing) from the all contact view and not upon double-clicking the contact, what will happen if anything when he goes back online? He's worried something may get overwritten or duplicated. Thanks! Anyone? "JawKnee" wrote: > I have a user who is currently offline. He...

Change Business Portal home page
Can someone point me to some clear info about changing the default home page in Business Portal 2.5. I want to remove the default links/tasks(?) in the Key Information section and replace them with some new ones. To remove the defaults I have done the following: 1) Manage Portal Pages then for Directory page in Page List, for Roles I removed Employee (did the same for Benefits page) 2) Removed the Benefits menu item (see p.110 of admin guide). This was at Manage Navigation -> Change Menu Organization, then selected Benefits and chose Remove. Did the same for Policies. 3) Under Set up ...

How to fade background picture
I want to take a tree, fade it to aVERY light tint, and be able to type over it. Also--when I insert tree picture, it places 6 of them--two rows of three from top to bottom--on the card. Only want one--and want in centered and VERY light. Don't use the "background" format. Insert your tree, select it, click the color tool (looks like a bar chart) select wash out. You can place this on the Master Page. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Connie D" <Connie D@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

Queries Versus Views
I have written many Access reports I would now like to make available via MS SS RS. Many of my reports rely on queries that relies on 2-3-4 other queries. Nested queries, sub-queries, whatever you want to call them. Often this is because of differences between the ways I need the data (one row, many columns) and the way it is stored (many rows, one column). What is the most efficient way to deal with nested queries, sub- queries, or whatever in MS SS RS? Create views instead of queries? I don't seem to be able to create one data set based on another... Thanks, Patr...

Hyperlink #8
Does anyone know why I cant insert a hyperlink in a shared worksheet? Hi this is a restriction of shared workbooks. Only hyperlinks inserted BEFORE sharing the workbook work, no chance to insert new ones -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Nick wrote: > Does anyone know why I cant insert a hyperlink in a shared > worksheet? ...

Embedded pictures in email won't print
Pictures in email will not print, only a red X. Computer has Outlook 2003 SP1, W2k SP3. I have other computers where this is not an issue. I have made sure that all internets settings are set to default, but to no avail. Does anyone have a concrete solution? LF ...

Reading and writing UTF-8 files
I have to do some simple text editing to large-ish (2 Mbyte) html files generated by Word. They are, I believe, in UTF-8. It is the !%^&* problem where single apostrophes become sequences of funny characters, some spaces are shown as unprintable characters, etc. The following code just reads and writes a file, and shows the problem. It applies whether I use a String or a StringBuilder, and whether or not I explicitly force UTF-8 encoding. Can somebody just tell me basically how to copy an html file by reading it in and then writing it out, which is all the following meth...

exmerge calendar send on behalf issue
Hello - I migrated an exchange box using the exmerge utility and have noticed that when a user tries to change an appointment that was on the old box and has invitees, it will not send an update as there is a permission error with send on behalf. This is not a shared calendar, just the users own calendar that was imported from their previous mailbox on the other exchange server. The only scenario that I can figure that would cause something like this is is the calendar appointment is tied down with the previous user and is not associated as the organizer with the new appointment. Any thoug...

sheet tabs as page number and in a cell page of pages?
i have looked a little but can't find what i think is the right thing. i have a workbook with 3-4 pages in it. in the upper righthand corner is a page of pages cells set up. i want to have it grab the current tab(page) for one cell and the rest of the tabs(pages) for the other cell. i am not very good at the coding VB thing so exact instructions would be grately appreciated. i have tried a few of the suggestions but cannot get them to work. i am using excel 2002. TIA ...

Calendar Extraction
Hello, I was wondering if there is a way to do a bulk extraction of 30 calendars in MS Outlook to a form that can be used in MS Access? I know about exmerge but it only extracts to a pst file but is there a way to use that pst file in MS Access? Thanks for your help. -- C. Morris ..pst files can only be used by Outlook, no other program, so no, Access could not use the files. Why not explain what you are trying to do so perhaps someone here can assist with another method than what you are contemplating? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the dis...

How do I delete a single page among many connected pages in Publis
I work with documents typically imported from Word. Occasionally I need to delete a single page without changing the formatting on subsequent pages. When I simply use Edit/Delete Page all of the original text from Word is apparently in the overflow area because it is not visible. Text Boxes and pictures that I inserted into the Publisher document after importing the main document from Word do not seem to be affected. ...

Outlook Client Setup 03-13-06
Hello, I'm setting up(from scratch) and updraging the laptop client for laptop CRM 3.0, I'm facing 2 problems: 1- The web client is installed onbthe following URL httpo://crm. The web clinet is working flowlessly. When I speciiy this url during the setup or upgrade, the setup doesnt detect the crm server knowing that when I user internet explorer it works fine 2- when I run setup(2 cases), and intallation is checking the technical requirments it doesnt start, meaning that it stops while checking for operating system? Thankx for ur help 1. You could try adding that url to the Intr...

office oputlook 2003 email acct setup error
I am getting a 553 Authentication is required to send mail as <email address> error when I try to send an email. I can't get a test email to be sent w/ email actt setup. I have all updates, but my ISP says I need a an update or patch. Please help. ...

Outlook 2003 Calendar defaults
Prob an easy question but how do I change the default to "no reminder" when entering a new "all day" event? "ElaineT" <ElaineT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D89EBD08-50D8-4DDC-A753-80FBA110C902@microsoft.com... > Prob an easy question but how do I change the default to "no reminder" when > entering a new "all day" event? You can't have different settings for all-day events vs. timed events for whether or not you get a default reminder. You can turn off default reminder for all events on Tools>Option...

Copy Picture in 2007
Hi. Folks In Excel 03, I regulary use the (Shift/Edit Menu/Copy picture) to access the Copy Picture command. Please can you tell me how to access this in 2007. Your help is and always has been very much appreciated. Looking forward to your answer in anticipation. <-><-><-><-> Big Rick Big Rick - After making a selection, in Excel 2007, choose Home > Paste (drop down) > As Picture > Copy As Picture ... - Mike http://www.MikeMiddleton.com "Big Rick" <BigRick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1F58...

Reordering Pages
I have a multi-page document where the pages go from the last page to the first. How can I reverse this so that when i open the document I see page 1 rather than page 8? Try running a macro containing the following code: Dim i As Long Dim Source As Document, Target As Document Dim trng As Range Set Source = ActiveDocument Set Target = Documents.Add Source.Activate Selection.HomeKey Unit:=wdStory With Source For i = 1 To Source.BuiltInDocumentProperties(wdPropertyPages) Source.Bookmarks("\Page").Range.Cut Set trng = Target.Range trng.C...

Setup Error Message
I have just downloaded An update to the online Help files for Microsoft CRM 3.0 was released July 5, 2006, Article 921467. I am running Vista Buiness edition. When installing this updte I am getting this error message Setup Error Not enough storage is available to process this command. Installation did not complete Anybody have a work around for this issue? Thanks ...