Page Setup #4

I set up a document for dimensions to be 8x11, save it and close it.  The
next day I open that same document and find that it has gone back to the
default settings of 8.5x11?  Would anyone know how I can avoid this risky
behavior?

--
Chips and Charlie

Is your stock actually 8 inches? If it is you must setup your printer for 8 X 11
as well as your page setup.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Chips and Charlie" <ChipsandCharlie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I set up a document for dimensions to be 8x11, save it and close it.  The
> next day I open that same document and find that it has gone back to the
> default settings of 8.5x11?  Would anyone know how I can avoid this risky
> behavior?
>
> --
> Chips and Charlie

0
mary-sauer (6480)
3/31/2006 9:13:22 AM
Hello Mary
My stock is not 8 inches. I believe it is 8.5 x 11 and 17.5 x 24.  I set up
the 8 x 11 settings, save it and close.  I would say that for the most part,
my settings work but every so often the document re-sets itself to the the
default settings of 8.5 x 11.  I will try researching this to see if it is in
fact the printer settings that are creating the problem.

Thank you so much Mary!

Chips and Charlie

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Is your stock actually 8 inches? If it is you must setup your printer for 8 X 11
> as well as your page setup.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Chips and Charlie" <ChipsandCharlie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I set up a document for dimensions to be 8x11, save it and close it.  The
> > next day I open that same document and find that it has gone back to the
> > default settings of 8.5x11?  Would anyone know how I can avoid this risky
> > behavior?
> >
> > --
> > Chips and Charlie

Multi Country Setup
Hi How can I use HQ to manage two shops in different countries. One in London and one in Dublin. They sell the same products but are using different prices and currencies. thanks morcott You cannot do this. You need one HQ Database per country. Afshin Alikhani - [ afshin@retailrealm.co.uk ] CEO - Retail Realm = = = = = = "Morcott" <greg@rtl-world.com> wrote in message news:e$xpm946GHA.756@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hi > How can I use HQ to manage two shops in different countries. One in London > and one in Dublin. They sell the same products but are using di...

File format not valid #4
Trying to open a file that windows says is a scrap file. The file has an extension of .xls.shs but when opened excel states that 'file format is not valid'. Ran a virus scan which came back clear. Tryied removing the extension .shs and reassociated the file with excel still no luck. Any Ideas? I've never used Scrap files in excel, but in Word, you can select a range and drag it to your desktop. If you want to use it in another document, you just drag it from the desktop to the location in the new document. I just tried do the eqivalent in xl2002 (win98) and got an error...

Cannot close Excel #4
Hi I loaded a file with a macro from a friend which promtly closed down all my toolbars. Now when I open Excel the close _X_ button in the top right does not show, nor does File/Close. Any clues on how to restore them? Cheers Mark First, find that workbook that contained the addin and move it somewhere else. (It may be reloading each time you start excel.) Start excel. Is it ok? If yes, yell at your friend. If no, you could try to reset the toolbars individually or you could just kill all your customizations and start over. If you want to kill all the customizations: close excel wi...

Upgrading callouts and assemblies from 3.0 to 4.0
I have existing callouts and assemblies in 1.1 doct net versions. What would be the steps to upgrade these callouts and assemblies to 3.0? I have made calls to CRM and Metadata webservices from the assemblies. How much and what changes are required to these assemblies for making them useable in MS CRM 4.0? Please give me some ideas.. -- romeo!! For a complete conversion there are a few steps, depending on how you use the webservices this may take some work. 1. Create the new plug-in assembly classes: these classes must implement the IPlugin interface. In the Execute method you must ma...

Inventory Item Class Accounts Setup
On the Inventory Item Class Accounts Setup there is a line for an account titled "Inventory Returns". Does anyone know on what type of transaction this account will be used? Also, should it be a balance sheet or income statement account? Thanks, Gene Gene, This account will be used on Sales Order Processing and Invoicing Return transactions if you have set up your system to use posting accounts from Item (instead of from Customer) in SOP or Invoicing Setup. -- Victoria Yudin Microsoft MVP - Great Plains "JEK" <JEK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mess...

Importing to Outlook #4
How do I transfer my address book, e-mail etc from yahoo to Outlook? You have to export your Yahoo address book in MS Outlook format and then impor the file from Outlook. The wizards in both tools should walk you through it. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email directly to this alias as it is used for newsgroup participation only. "Neil" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1750201c448f2$4bc12090$a301280a@phx.gbl... > How do I transfer my address book, e-mail etc from yah...

Great Plains 4.0
I have the old version of Great Plains 4.0 and when I try to login to the application I get the error Message #18700 missing. I am not sure where to go for information on this error. Vasu, You may have a lot of difficulty getting any kind of support for ver 4.0 Great Plains no longer supports it and I can't recall anything from so long back. Contact your VAR or any reseller in your area, and they should be able to help. You should consider upgrading too. GP has come a long way since then. HS "Vasu Tirunelvelly" <srinivasnh@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uta38i8f...

&[page]+2 not giving me 3....
Greetings I am using two versions of excel - one is excel 2000 where I us the &[page]+2 to give me page 3 and continue numbering the page bu when I send the document to a colleague using excel 2002 in win-x instead of printing page 3, 4 , 5 it prints page 12, 22, 32, 42, 52 an so on. Does ayone have a solution for this? Iva -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com In Excel 2002, there is an option on the File->Page Setup screen to start page numbering at 3 instead of Auto. If that option also exists in 2000, then you should be all set. Otherwise; I'm at an impass, t...

java srcipt not working, getting about blank page
i have windows xp recently i have been getting a blank page behind the page im trying to open, mainly pogo games or playsite games, i have all new updates from microsoft installed, but i cant change calender set up either, what di i need to do This newsgroup is for questions related to Microsoft Publisher. You would be better off posting your question to the appropriate group. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "the big bud man 8" <the big bud man 8@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BED6D77A-DD80-48B8-A58A-1FC98613ED2A@microsoft.com... >i hav...

Attn Jim Gordon: Requesting assistance with exporting OE 4.5 contacts for use in Entourage
Hi Jim, Paul Berkowitz suggested you might be willing to assist me with a dilemma. I have some old mail and contacts in an OE User(s) folder from OE 4.5 that I need to import into Entourage X. I am on a machine that is not OS9-bootable and I cannot get OE 4.5 to launch under Classic mode in Panther. OE 5 loads fine in Classic, but 4.5 gives a shared library error. I don't have an OE 4.5 installer anywhere I can find, so I can't try a reinstall under Classic. I finally found a way to get the mail into Entourage, after much trial and error with every email program I could find, since ...

Attn: M02,3,4 users who use Passport/WinLiveID
You will get broken at the end of July, 2008. (That's about 45 days from now.) See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/894020. You should remove the Passport/WinLiveID from your file before that time. (File|Password Manager). There have been many indications this day would come. Now you all have a date certain. Does this also means backup files taken from M02,3,4 will be inaccessible, even if they are opened with a current version of Money? Although if you have to go back four, five or six years you probably have bigger issues. But I have at times opened older backup files, even five...

Lock pages in memory greyed out
I am trying to give the ability to a user to "Lock pages in memory" via local policy, and for some reason it's greyed out. I can't change this and it is needed on a version of our software running on SQL standard 2008 64. I've tried all of the ways listed on the internet but it's continued to be greyed out. Any info on how to get this to allow for a user to be placed there to do what I need done would be appreciated. Thank you in advance, Jason Check to see what group policy is being applied. Jason Woodbury wrote: >I am trying to give the a...

2003 charts don't format to page size in 2007. any suggestions
I have numerous charts created in Excel 2003 that are formatted to print very legibly on 8-1/2 x 11. Excel 2007 does not seem to make any proportional adjustments base on paper size, resulting in a long flat chart that is not legible because the print is too small. Any suggestions on how to modify the ratios. Clicking on print options "print on 1 page high by 1 page wide" has no effect. the height and width ratios do not change at all as they did in 2003. ...

how do I setup an email acct?
I am trying to setup up an email acct in outlook but it won't let me? the mail acct is rclark@optonline.net how do i set it up so I can recived via outlook? richard The information is available from your ISP. Check their website or give them a call: http://custhelp.optonline.net/cgi-bin/optonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1673&p_created=1129052992&p_sid=wn8PsRRh&p_lva=28&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9MzIwJnBfcHJvZHM9JnBfY2F0cz0wJnBfcHY9JnBfY3Y9JnBfcGFnZT0xJnB -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http:...

Tasks #4
when I am in Outlook Today I can't see all my Tasks. It only shows me the completed Tasks. Do you have Outlook Today set to show Tasks with no Due Date? "Inder" <pracestevan@sasktel.net> wrote in message news:06ed01c39fd0$ea1da090$a001280a@phx.gbl... > when I am in Outlook Today I can't see all my Tasks. It > only shows me the completed Tasks. ...

I cannot select any text or elements on my page in Publisher 2007
When trying to select text elements and graphic elements on a page of a multi page document, I am unable to select anything although I have been editing the document previously. Can the file be locked in any way You may have a border around the pages that sits in front preventing your selecting the objects. You can send the border to the back. Open the "Graphics Manager" in the Tools menu. Use the drop down to select the pictures. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Bluesea124" <Bluesea124@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B1CE9B5A-D171-40B9...

Page numbering in footer 04-27-10
I have a large document. It contains only three sections. The first section is comprised of three pages, the Title Page and the TOC. The second section is all of the chapters of content, and finally the third section is the Appendix. The first section does not contain page numbers in the footer. The second and third sections do contain page numbers in the footer in the following format "page x of y". I restarted the page numbers on page 4 (at the beginning of section 2). It worked for the "x" number which begins on page 1. However, the second number, "y&...

Excel 97 Can't setup page to print Landscape
I am using Windows 2000 Professional and Office 97 to HP 4000 and 5000 printers. When using Excel, I can not change the page setup to print landscape. When the radio button for Landscape is pressed, the print preview and the print job are still printed in portrait. Any suggestions before I try a reinstall of Office. Thanks in advance Joan ...

how can i print a preview of a right hand page
In a publisher document I want to print preview a right hand page, but all I can preview are left hand pages Are you trying to print or simply wanting to view? What version Publisher are you using? How do you have your publication setup? If you just want a preview in 2007... File, print, type the page number, print preview. You can cancel out of this screen. Do you have the page sorter status bar on the bottom of your screen? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "fiona farthingale" <fiona farthingale@disc...

CRM 4.0
Has anyone else come across this: I create 2 new organizations: Test1 Test2 Both organizations are are brand new, never been modified. Next, I go into each one individually and create a new entity called "new_car". Save & Publish All Customizations. Then I export all the customizations from Test1 and try to import them into Test2. it blows up with an error like: Customization Import failed. Error: OrganizationUI With Id = 853ecac5-a034-419a-a4d7-a7ef70965cee Does Not Exist I can see what it's doing - it assumes if the entity name is the same, that the FormID on th...

Links Not Working #4
Nothing happens when I click on URLs in my emails. A new window used to open up & display the web page. Anyone know what I can do to fix this? Lu <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Nothing happens when I click on URLs in my emails. A new > window used to open up & display the web page. > > Anyone know what I can do to fix this? Try this: in Internet Explorer, click Tools>Internet Options>Programs>Reset Web Settings -- Brian Tillman ...

How do I set up a multi-page org chart from an excel spreadsheet?
I am trying to figure out how to set up an Excel spreadsheet using multiple worksheets for each individual page of an organization chart. When I use the Org Chart Wizard it only does one page of the spreadsheet. Assuming there is no charge for your assistance... any information or samples you could provide would be GREATLY appreciated. Wy don't you have a hidden Excel page that contains ALL the other pages, and then run the Org Chart Wizard on that? "Martie" <Martie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BE7BE81A-ED09-4E1C-952B-061FFA05AF70@microsoft.co...

unwanted page breaks
Excel is automatically putting page breaks around every cell when I copy a worksheet. I amunable to move them or fix this by adjusting margins. Try going to "View", then "Page Break View". You should be able to adjust or delete from there. "bridget" wrote: > Excel is automatically putting page breaks around every cell when I copy a > worksheet. I amunable to move them or fix this by adjusting margins. If removing them using the approach suggested in the other post doesn't work, you may have a problem similar to what I just encountered...like ...

trouble printing entire workbook with different page layouts
I have a workbook with about 10 worksheets. Some are setup to print "portrait" and some print "landscape". In previous versions of Excel, I had no problem printing this type of workbook - the pages work print according to thje page setup for each worksheet. In Office XP the landscape pages print in different layouts - some print on 2 halves of portrait, others reduce to fit the page! I have tried using the macro from Microsoft, but it doesn't work. Does anybody have a solution that works? The printing of workbooks, with some sheets set for portrait and others fo...

How do I put landscape and portrait pages in one publication? #2
Trying to put together two separate publications into one. But when I change pages to landscape it changes everything. Is there a way to just change select pages to landscape? Sam, Ed gave you the answer. Here's the same answer told a bit differently. Lets say the first 5 pages are portrait; create as wanted. Page six needs to be landscape. Looking at page six, go to File, Page setup and select Landscape. Build page six. Now go to File, Page setup and select Portrait. The work area has changed but the contents haven't and it's spilling over outside the work area. Grou...