Page orientation when printing unusual sizes

When printing from Pub2000 to tabloid several years ago it would show vert
for horiz and vice versa and would not print correctly.  After much
frustration QMS gave me a patch but said it was a Microsoft problem.  Today I
was trying to print a B5J size card and the same thing happened.  I tried it
on an HP inkjet and it happened again.  I dropped the layout into a cheapo
Sierra program and it prints correctly but with a loss of some graphic
detail.  It is a Microsoft problem...what is the solution?
0
Ammuntean (1)

When Konica Minolta supplied you with a patch it should tell you it was not a
Publisher issue. If you go through the faq's on the QMS web site there are many
orientation documents. HP DeskJet's have been known to incorrectly set the
orientation with envelopes and since you are using a small publication this could be
your problem, but this is a HP issue not a Publisher fault.
PUB2000: Incorrect Envelope Orientation or Feed with HP DeskJet
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;212546&Product=pub

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Ammuntean" <Ammuntean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When printing from Pub2000 to tabloid several years ago it would show vert
> for horiz and vice versa and would not print correctly.  After much
> frustration QMS gave me a patch but said it was a Microsoft problem.  Today I
> was trying to print a B5J size card and the same thing happened.  I tried it
> on an HP inkjet and it happened again.  I dropped the layout into a cheapo
> Sierra program and it prints correctly but with a loss of some graphic
> detail.  It is a Microsoft problem...what is the solution?

0
gsauer (5093)
9/2/2004 9:54:48 AM
A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from
Ammuntean <Ammuntean@discussions.microsoft.com>!"...
> When printing from Pub2000 to tabloid several years ago it would show
> vert for horiz and vice versa and would not print correctly.

It all depends on how you have your publication set up.
Can you post a small sample publication (ZIPped) or email one to me?

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

0
the_nerd (6342)

Page numbering in footer 04-27-10
I have a large document. It contains only three sections. The first section is comprised of three pages, the Title Page and the TOC. The second section is all of the chapters of content, and finally the third section is the Appendix. The first section does not contain page numbers in the footer. The second and third sections do contain page numbers in the footer in the following format "page x of y". I restarted the page numbers on page 4 (at the beginning of section 2). It worked for the "x" number which begins on page 1. However, the second number, "y&...

Delete Page Number Header
I created a 12 page newsletter in Pub 2002. I don't want the page number to appear on the top center of the last page since it is blank. How can I do this? Thanks. maven -- CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information in this message, and any files transmitted with it, is confidential, may be legally privileged, and intended only for the use of the individual(s) named above. Be aware that the use of any confidential or personal information may be restricted by state and federal privacy laws. If you are not the intended recipient, do not further disseminate this message. If this messa...

Message header size
We have a user who can't see well and we would like to know if there is a way to increase the font size for the From/CC/To/Subject lines when composing a new message. We can get everything else bigger, but these still stay small. Three things to try: View / Current View in Outlook If using XP, change your Appearance font size to large Go into your video card properties and change the DPI to 120 Large (will make everything bigger and easier to read) marx404 ...

size of Exchange backup
Where I work, we were using an Exchange 5.5 server and back it up every night using the Windows 2000 "NT Backup" program. The total size of the backup file for the Information Store and the Directory totalled 28 GB. Since we moved to Exchange 2003, I set up the same backup on the Windows Server 2003, but the backup has grown to over 300 GB. Why would there be such a big difference? The user's mailboxes haven't grown in size exponentially. In fact, I asked them to remove/empty out their Deleted Items folder before moving their mailboxes from the Exchange 5.5 server....

How do I set up an outgoing e-mail page?
I've just got a new computer with Microsoft Outlook. I want to send e-mails, but cant find a "new memo" button. Drafts is just a blank white page, no header, no footer, no "to" or "from" lines for addresses, no send button. Where do I find these? Start Outlook. Make sure you are in an email folder (use the buttons on the left side of screen). Then in the top left of your screen you should have a New.. button. Click it and a new email will open. Write in the subject field, put an email address in the To field, and write the text in the big white area. ...

Print email message with list of attachments

WPF Browser App Size/Dimensions
We are writing a WPF browser application. We are attempting to retrieve the size of our control/page. On my machine, this works fine. On one of my coworkers machines, these calls return NaN. It is not just those two properties either. Running in the debugger, it looks like NO properties that have to do with size in any way come back correctly on his machine. In both cases, the application is being accessed via a URL ("publish" from Visual Studio 2008) - http://*** We started running down differences between our machines. I am running IE8, he was running IE7. ...

OWA mail invisibly present (after exceeding mailbox size)
After I exceeded the mailbox size, Exchange 2003 created automatically a 'personal folders' tree and moved the mail to that personal folders. I changed the max folder size in exchange, but each time I open MSoutlook2003, emails from my normal inbox are moved to the personal folder. How can I disable this to happen? And: when I move the folders back into my normal inbox (I do this in MSoutlook2003), then these emails do not re-appear in OWA. However, the OWA inbox window shows a count of the emails, but does not show the emails themselves, so OWA keeps them 'invisible'. How c...

Journal Receipts...printing a batch of receipts
Is there any easy way to print a set of receipts from any given batch (or time period). Instead of simply printing the receipts one at a time, I would like to print all the desired receipts in one shot ( I may need to print over a hundred) If RMS does not have functionality to do this, Is there a way to do it outside of RMS? From what I understand, RMS retains all receipt information by storing a compressed image of the particular receipt transaction. Where is this image kept? Is it in the database, or on a separate file? Thanks, Jack ...

How do I keep a transparent wordart transparent thruout printing.
I am working in Publisher and have a wordart that I have made transparent. However, when I print it, it prints in full color although it shows transparent on the screen. I have Canon printers. By default, WordArt's background is transparent. Is it the wording that is printing full color? Are you filling the WordArt with *No Fill?* -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Curly" <Curly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E40FC541-679F-4483-8BD7-2854E56195BC@microsoft.com... >I am working in Publisher and have a wordart that I have made tra...

Can I stretch an Excel document vertically when printing?
I want to print a document in Excel. I have shrunk it to one page wide but now it is too flat. I want to stretch it so it fills the whole page. Is this possible cause I can't seem to find a setting? Maybe you should change the page layout to landscape and see what that looks like. Regards Trevor "jstratman33" <jstratman33@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E23E8AF4-1D1D-4558-9FD7-5A8F556C785F@microsoft.com... >I want to print a document in Excel. I have shrunk it to one page wide but > now it is too flat. I want to stretch it so it fills the who...

OWA Login Page
All, I have recently installed a new Exchange 2003 SP1 site and when I go to login to OWA I get this new login page rather than the old login dialog box. Does anyone know where this is coming from - I have other Exchange 2003 sites with SP1 and they all have a login box rather than a login page..... Sincerely, Derek Hi, I guess what your refering here is the login.asp page with the domain\username and password page. When you have form based authentication enabled, you will have this page and it is more than the log-in prompt if you use it with a SSL connection. Regards, Ruwan Diss...

Unable to print to shared printer with normal user accounts
I recently updated one of the client workstations on my network. This workstation hosted two shared printers, a Dell 948 and a HP 1600 Color Laserjet. Both are connected via USB. Prior to upgrading, any user was able to print to either printer from any workstation. However since I have upgraded, all users can print to the Dell from any workstation, but the only users which can print to the HP are the Administator account or user accounts with admin privledges, from workstations other than the one the HP is connected. When a non-admin user trys to print from another workstation the ...

How to print page # 1 only in Outlook 2007?
We are using Outlook 2007 in Vista. How do we just print page #1 of multiple page email message? How do we set Outlook to print first page first, instead of currently printing last page first? How do we page one particular page in a multiple page email massage? Thank you. First page last or first is a setting in your printer's options, not OL. In my HP printer, it's under Preferences, Layout, Front to Back. It might be different in yours. You can print only one page or a selection if it's in HTML format. Plain text is memo style--prints all or nothing. To print one page, e...

photos and clip art won't print
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC Neither photos nor clip art are printing on my document. I have them as inline as suggested on earlier help items, and have followed everything as usual - but no photos! Help Are both Office (12.2.4) & OS X (10.4.11) fully updated? Have you checked the printer mfr's web site for an updated driver? Do the images display in Print Preview? How about the Quick Preview in the Print dialog or if you click the button to view the document in Apple's Preview app? Do they show up if tou create a PDF? ...

Printing Excel Charts Pasted into Powerpoint
Often, our chart dates end up as blacked out areas on our HP Color LaserJet 5550dtn printer (not on our HP 1200 LaserJet). Any solution other than resizing fonts in Excel and pasting again? ...

1 of 4 charts won't print
I have a worksheet with data information tables on top, then 4 charts underneath. the data table prints, the first chart prints, the second does not and the third and fourth print. the second chart doesn't show on print preview but does show on page break preview.Thanks in advance! Janet Janet - Hold the shift key and select the nonprinting chart, so the chart is highlighted by white handles instead of black ones. Go to Format menu, Object... and on the Properties tab, make sure Print Object is checked. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutori...

priv1.stm & priv1.edb size growing
one of my server installed with Exchange 2003 act as a smtp gateway role. i noticed that in folder Exchsrvr/mdbdata/ the size of the files keep growing to, priv1.stm -- 10.8GB priv1.edb -- 138M what are the purposes of those files? can i permanently delete it? Dear, If u delete that file u will not see ur mailboxes in exchange... this files are database files of exchange. The .edb file contains all the folders, tables and indexes for messaging data and MAPI messages and attachments. The .stm file (new to Exchange 2000) contains Internet content in its native format. The .log files ...

Footer printing in wrong colour
The footer in some of my Excel spredsheets prints the first page's footer in a different colour to the rest of the document. In this case i set all footers to be Dark Blue, Text 2. When I come to print preview it shows the first footer as being in Black and the rest in the Dark Blue, Text 2. This is until I zoom in on the page 1 footer, then it turns to the colour it's supposed to be. Annoyingly though, when I come to print it the first page is printed with the footer in black and the rest in the colour I set it to. Any ideas? ...

The text in the inserted text box doesn't print
When I type text into the text box and then print, the added text doesn't show on the printed copy It is possible the added text doesn't fit the text box, have you tried expanding the text box? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "SS" <SS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D633F32-E54D-452E-B2F3-427E69BBF8BA@microsoft.com... > When I type text into the text box and then print, the added text doesn't > show on the printed copy ...

Excel-colume with size
hi all..i'm a new user off Microsoft Excel,i have a question abt Excel here.what format did Microsofe Excel using for the colum measurement?"cm"?"mm"?"point"?or else? can the format be change? if can,how to change it? In all WinXL and most MacXL versions, the units are the number of numeric characters of the standard font that will fit in the cell. The standard font is set in Tools/Options/Preferences. With MacXL 2004, by default you set the width directly in inches or centimeters. You can also set the width as the number of numeric characters. In ...

How do I print numbered tickets using a business card format?
Printing tickets using publisher. How do I get the numbers to advance per card? I need to print 250. You need to setup a consecutive numbered data base to merge from. There is an Excel way here, it is about the same in Access http://msauer.mvps.org/misc.htm -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "pattyv" <pattyv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA0BEB24-39BB-4E0E-81A4-5266E6CF1242@microsoft.com... > Printing tickets using publisher. How do I get the numbers to advance per > card? I nee...

print w2-g forms (gambling)
Can Great Plains print w2-g forms? Are there any 3rd party solutions to do this? John ...

Quick Create form does not size properly.
Ever since I started using CRM, the quick create form has been the wrong sized window. I can only ever see the top left hand quarter of the form (or i think that's how much I can see, but i'm not sure because i've never seen the whole thing). The buttons work, but you have to effectively tab off the form in order to be able to hit return (making the assumption that you are on the OK' rather than the "Cancel" button. Does anyone know how I can fix this form? ------=_NextPart_0001_66D3C541 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit "Saira&q...

delete page within a worksheet