Page Layout Question

Hi -

I am trying to create an invitation that is a half of a
page.

I want the half page folded in half to show a picture on
the front and then when you open it, the details on the
page on the right.

I can't figure out how to set this up...everything that I
try makes it so I have to fold the page in fours instead
of just in half.

Any suggestions on how to set it up this way?

Thanks!
0
anonymous (74722)

Set it up as a booklet.

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Carol" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi -
>
> I am trying to create an invitation that is a half of a
> page.
>
> I want the half page folded in half to show a picture on
> the front and then when you open it, the details on the
> page on the right.
>
> I can't figure out how to set this up...everything that I
> try makes it so I have to fold the page in fours instead
> of just in half.
>
> Any suggestions on how to set it up this way?
>
> Thanks!

0
gsauer (5093)
8/5/2004 2:15:59 PM
How about Tent Card?

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

"Mary Sauer" <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
> Set it up as a booklet.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MS MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://www.mvps.org/msauer/
> "Carol" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi -
> >
> > I am trying to create an invitation that is a half of a
> > page.
> >
> > I want the half page folded in half to show a picture on
> > the front and then when you open it, the details on the
> > page on the right.
> >
> > I can't figure out how to set this up...everything that I
> > try makes it so I have to fold the page in fours instead
> > of just in half.
> >
> > Any suggestions on how to set it up this way?
> >
> > Thanks!

0
Retired (261)
8/5/2004 3:55:09 PM
Wouldn't that put the details on the back instead of on the inside?

On Thu, 5 Aug 2004 08:55:09 -0700, "Don Schmidt" <Retired@Engineer.PNB> wrote:

>How about Tent Card?

0
anonymous (74722)
8/5/2004 9:42:14 PM
I just tried a tent card for the first time.

You get an A+.

I'll stay after school.

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

"Myrna Larson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Wouldn't that put the details on the back instead of on the inside?
>
> On Thu, 5 Aug 2004 08:55:09 -0700, "Don Schmidt" <Retired@Engineer.PNB>
wrote:

> >How about Tent Card?

0
Retired (261)

Design Question. It works now...but how to redesign it?
Yet again, I'm in way over my head! I'm going to simplify the current situation to make it easy to understand (and communicate), and hopefully I will be able to do what I intend to do without crashing everything that I currently have! I have a training management database. It pretty much automates my position for the guy taking my place. I have it set up to tie various training requirements to the positions in the unit. The problem: Lets say someone gets promoted. They move positions. As a result, all of the completed training (tied to the position itself) must ...

Isinteg.exe / Eseutil.exe question
Is there a good way to automate the following: 1. Take exchange mail store offline 2. Run maint tools against offline mailstores. 3. Wait for maint tools to complete. 4. Bring exchange mail store back online. thanks On Mon, 5 Mar 2007 11:24:22 -0600, "Scott McFadden" <nospam.smcfadden@criticaltech.com> wrote: >Is there a good way to automate the following: > >1. Take exchange mail store offline > >2. Run maint tools against offline mailstores. > >3. Wait for maint tools to complete. > >4. Bring exchange mail store back online. > >...

Linq to sql question
Hi. I have some simple tables. - ER_Person table (Person_Id, LogonId, FirstName, LastName, EMail) - ER_Section table (Section_Id, SectionCode, SectionName) - ER_PersonSection table (Person_Id, Section_Id)- this table takes care of a many-to-many relationship between person and section. A person can be connected to several sections and this table makes that possible. I'm using vs2008 and the objectdesigner. In my application (Winforms) I retrieve a person: var person = ProjectGlobal.rd.ER_Persons.Single(c => c.LogonId == ALogonId.ToUpper()); This is retrieved by the us...

OWA
Originally posted in m.p.exchange.clients but got no response so I thought i wold try here I am having problems using OWA from a computer that is a member of the domain but not connected to the domain network. My experience is: OWA Works from a home computer that has nothing to do with the office domain OWA Works from an office computer connected to the office domain. OWA Works fom an office computer connected from a home DSL ISP and the computer is a memeber of the domain but the user is NOT logged onto the domain but logged on as a local user to the computer.. OWA DOESN"T work fom a...

CRM and Fax automation question
Hi, I'm looking for a good or better fax server that can be easily and seamlessly integrate with MS CRM 3.0 or 4.0. I'm thinking of RightFAX or GFIFax... or even if I install these fax server in my environment, do I still need to do programming and customizations, such as post callout when a new Fax activity is created? Please advise :) You immediate response is appreciated. "Benjamin Fallar III" <fallar@pldtdsl.net> wrote in message news:3484C69D-B193-4B48-86A4-A4529D9DE4C6@microsoft.com... > I'm thinking of RightFAX or GFIFax... or even if I install ...

Performance question
I'm not really sure where this question is best asked. If someone can suggest a better group I'd really appreciate it. I have an oldish (ca. 2003) 2Ghz Pentium 4 PC running Win XP Pro with 2 54rpm drives. I am working with a database that grows by about 1,000,000 records every 6-9 months. Lately getting ad-hoc queries done is a real pain, by the time I get the query done, I've forgotten my train of thought. So I'm wondering what to upgrade. Should I upgrade to SQLServer, or is Access suitable for databases of this nature? Should I invest in a new Pentium Duo or does acce...

MICR 2nd page printed.
Our company uses MICR check system and every time we print check, there is 2nd page printed... We only want to print one page. I tried to change check face in MICR setup, but it is still printing 2nd page. Please advice for solution. ...

general microsoft question
Can i change the name and company who microsoft software is licensed to? There are instructions in the following MSKB article: HOW TO: Change the Company Name and User Name in an Office XP Program http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=290528 jeremy wrote: > Can i change the name and company who microsoft software > is licensed to? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Page Numbering #3
I am using Excel 2000. I have a file with 11 worksheets (tabs) in the file. There are two graphs on each tab and each tab prints one page. In the header of each tab (at the left margin), I have individually typed "Page and the number 1 thru 11). I updated my charts and did a print preview and all of the pages appear to have the correct page number on them. Then I noticed that I had forgotten to update the header to the indicate which month the report is for (November - changed from October). I grouped all of the tabs and made the change in the header which is centered on each...

Payables RM10100 Question
Hello all - I have a question regarding the PM10100 table. There is a field in the table called DSTSQNUM. What table does that cross reference? I'm creating a process in Access that will dump some transactions in a Payables batch, but need to know what the field references. Thanks. Jeff Jeff, that is the sequence number of the distribution line. It determines the order that you see the lines on the screen and also is part of what makes each line in the PM10100 table unique. By default the first distribution line will be 16384, the second will be 16384+16384=32768, third w...

PUB to Web Page Help
I have a 2 page Newsletter in a PUB format that someone gave me that needs to be converted to a web page. I just installed Publisher. I see how to convert each page but they are not linked in any way. Is there a way to convert the 2 page PUB document into 1 html page or a page1-2 that is linked? Thanks for any help in advance with my insanity over this :-O PS: I use Microsoft FrontPage 2003 for web deveopment and publishing and it won't even open a converetd html page from Publisher (which I find odd given that these are two Microsoft products)..... > I have a 2 page Newsletter in...

excel web page, won't print colors
I have a spreadsheet that I 'saved as webpage'. After the workbook is published, it looks pretty on the screen and looks good! When I go to print it, it does not print the colors. When I do a print preview, its not just black and white only - but the screens have dissappeared, and is only line copy. Idears? ...

Putting a Page Skip in a txt File?
I'm sending text lines to a txt file and would like to skip to another page at times. What sequence of characters do I need to do that? I tried a simple chr(12), but that did nothing on either of two printers I tried. W. eWatson wrote: > I'm sending text lines to a txt file and would like to skip to another > page at times. What sequence of characters do I need to do that? I tried > a simple chr(12), but that did nothing on either of two printers I tried. There are no pagination boundaries in a *text* file. If you look at an ASCII character chart, none of the...

List of questions #2
Hi, I have some questions in outlook 2003, can anyone help me? 1-how can i in the appointment type a subject with special format (red, bold..) 2-whent a task is 100% completed, how can be deleted automatically. 3- I need to filter only the available time on a specific day. ex if i have 2 appointments today on a specific time, what i need to see is the available time for other new appointments. 4-If I have a lot of appointments on a specific date that are colored with labels and have a specific show time as (busy,tentative), when i go to print this calendar with the "calendar detai...

Exchange enterprise question
Can I install Exchange 2003 ENT on windows 2003 STD or does it have to be ENT too? Thanks Yes you can install Exchange 2003 Ent on Windows 2003 Server STD Regards D "Peretz Stern" <peretzstern@optonline.net> wrote in message news:e2vy48iWFHA.3320@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Can I install Exchange 2003 ENT on windows 2003 STD or does it have to be > ENT too? > > Thanks > > ...

Division and formatting excel question
I am doing a spread sheet right now and I am not having good luck with a certain function I need to do. What it is, I need a number, say 55,104 divided by 1,440 which equals 38.266666 . I would like it to only display 38.26 in the cell. I did a format cell and show 2 decimal places but it doesnt do it. Then I need to add up the results of 5 cells of the same kind as previously mentioned. When I try to add them up now it just shows 0.00 using the sum function? I dont get what I need to do different. What it is, is a production sheet, we produced 55104 gallons of product i...

Reverse DNS question...
Hi all - Is there a good web site or method to determine if my email can pass a reverse DNS check? Any help is appreciated. Thanks! Donnie www.dnsreport.com On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 12:04:50 -0600, "Donnie" <Donnie4212@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi all - > >Is there a good web site or method to determine if my email can pass a >reverse DNS check? > >Any help is appreciated. > >Thanks! > >Donnie > http://aboutmyip.com Donnie wrote: > Hi all - > > Is there a good web site or method to determine if my email can pass a > revers...

Control panel applet question
Hi Experts: I have a control panel applete (testApplet.cpl) which is statically linked to a dll (test.dll). My questions are: 1. Can I put testApplet.cpl at locations other than System32 directory? 2. If I have to put testApplet.cpl in System32 directory, is there a way for me to put test.dll in locations other than System32 directory? For example, I prefer to put test.dll in my application folder under "Program Files". Thaks in Advance! Polaris You can't "statically link to a dll". By the fact it is a DLL, it is dynamically linked. For implicit dynamic link...

Applescript question: changing format of selection...
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Greetings! I entered a long text in an active cell. Then I selected a part of text in the active cell. Now I want to write a script which changes format of selected text or part of the cell. Can you help me to do it please? Here is the needed code for characters XXX-YYY in an active cell: tell application "Microsoft Excel" tell font object of (characters XXX thru YYY of active cell) set subscript to true end tell end tell But how to extract XXX and YYY from the current selec...

display a category total on man page?
When working in an account at the bottom of the page it shows "Cash flow forecast" Is there any way to change that to another type of chart or total. I would like to be able to display the total spending in a certain category for the year instead. Like how much I've spent on food so far in the year etc. Is there a way to do this and have it visible all the time..Thanks What you see is what you can get. "MHF" <caad5@rogers.com> wrote in message news:VrQ6b.416595$4UE.131613@news01.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com... > When working in an account at the bottom o...

how to print a row on the bottom of every page
Is there an easy way to print a row or rows at the bottom of every page on a worksheet? For example i have a worksheet with about 100 rows of info i have to total at the bottom. Well 100 rows won't fit on just one page, but i would like the total to be at the bottom of page 1 and 2. so what I would like to do is have the totals on the last row and then have it print on all the pages. any ideas? It is not provided for in Excel. I kind of think a total would be confusing if were the same on each page, or do you mean a page subtotal. In any case it is not provided for in Excel and ...

Page Numbers 01-22-10
Dear Experts, in the left bottom of Microsoft word we can see page numbers. i have a document more than 50 pages. for page 1 - 4, contain cover and index and chapter 1 will begin in page 5. what i want to do, when i want to insert page number, the chapter 1 will begin from page 1. how can i archive that? hope you understand i mean.. many thanks for ur help. reza See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Numbering/PageNumbering.htm. The bottom line is that you insert a section break between pages 4 and 5 and restart numbering at 1 in section 2. See also http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/F...

Excel as DataBase in Front Page
Has anyone successfully used Excel as a database in FRont Page, allowing users to make changes and update the spreadsheet? I am almost there I think but now am getting a "Data Type mismatch in criteria expression" error message from the ODBC Excel Driver. Any ideas???? Thank You ...

Query Question
Please see the sql code below. What I am after is Sum of [RiskCount]. But due to the join, I get double counting and consequently wrong SUM. Is this an inherent limitaion of Sql? Can be it solved without breaking up the sql into two parts? Thanks for reading this post. CREATE TABLE #Location ( LocationID INT, RiskCount INT) CREATE TABLE #Coverage ( LocationID INT, Peril VARCHAR(10), Coverage VARCHAR(10), TSI Numeric(25,6)) INSERT INTO #Location VALUES (1,1) INSERT INTO #Location VALUES (2,1) INSERT INTO #Location VALUES (3,1) INSERT...

Some question about Application Domain
Hi! This is some text from book professional C# 2005. "Application domain are an extremely useful construct if assemblies are loaded dynamically, and the requirement exists to unload assemblies after use. Within the primary application domain it is not possible to get rid of loaded assemblies. However, it is possible to end application domain where all assemblies loaded just within the application domain are cleaned from the memory." The text say in one part "Within the primary application domain it is not possible to get rid of loaded assemblies" but I mean i...